|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Jets victory against what team ends the Patriots' wild card chance for the playoffs?
2. Belichick develops his team by rewarding _____.
3. Belichick notices an alarming parallel between the '03 _________ and the '01 Patriots.
4. Which member of Belichick's staff had not worked with Parcells while with the Jets?
5. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What parallel does Belichick note between the 2003 Panthers and the 2001 Patriots, and how does he feel about this parallel?
2. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
3. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
4. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
5. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
6. What factors does Belichick mention as reasons for losing against the Jets 30-17 in 2002?
7. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
8. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
9. How do the Patriots fare against the Bills in December, 2003, and what is the outcome of this ending?
10. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay evaluating how the policy of performance-based rewards influences the team and serves as a framework for understanding Belichick's actions in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you examine the importance of Belichick's and Parcells' relationship to the book and to the Patriots' organization.
Essay Topic 3
Why is so much emphasis placed on the Super Bowl in the book? Write an essay in which you examine this question.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)