|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belichick do following the 2002 season before returning to evaluate the team?
2. After discussing the players following the 2002 season, what type of view does the author say that Belichick and his staff develop regarding the team?
3. Which of the following policies does Belichick adopt in regards to the Patriots?
4. Belichick does not want to hear _________ during the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
5. The Patriots lost to the Jets in 2002 by what score?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the Patriots prepare for their 2003 game against the Cowboys.
2. Describe the environment during the live draft.
3. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
4. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
5. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
6. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
7. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
8. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
9. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
10. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you consider whether the "Patriot Reign" in the title is a temporary or long term structure. Use evidence from the book to support your point.
Essay Topic 2
One value that is explored in the book is that of perseverance with respect to Belichick and his team. Select another value that is found in the book and write an essay explaining how this value is presented and achieved in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining how the Patriots' pay structure functions and how it serves an important role in establishing the team.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)