|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following policies does Belichick adopt in regards to the Patriots?
2. Why is Steve Martin fired by the Patriots?
3. The Patriots have an 8-6 record going against the Jets in 2002 and have to win the next __ game(s) to guarantee making the playoffs.
4. How many games does Belichick have each of his coaches review in order for him to critique their evaluations?
5. How many questions does Belichick ask his players about the Cowboys before their game in 2003?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
2. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
3. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
4. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
5. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
6. What parallel does Belichick note between the 2003 Panthers and the 2001 Patriots, and how does he feel about this parallel?
7. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
8. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
9. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
10. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you examine the importance of Belichick's and Parcells' relationship to the book and to the Patriots' organization.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the importance of details and individual plays in contributing to the book as well as to the game.
Essay Topic 3
One value that is explored in the book is that of perseverance with respect to Belichick and his team. Select another value that is found in the book and write an essay explaining how this value is presented and achieved in the book.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)