|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which favorite player does Vinatieri notice is absent during Super Bowl XXXVIII?
2. What is the maximum length of time teams can interview players at The Combine?
3. One talent scout describes the stress of always needing to have ______ ready when discussing the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
4. Which of the following players is dismissed following the 2002 season?
5. What type of opinions must scouts possess?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
2. Describe the environment during the live draft.
3. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
4. What parallel does Belichick note between the 2003 Panthers and the 2001 Patriots, and how does he feel about this parallel?
5. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
6. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
7. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
8. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
9. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
10. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider Belichick's background as a player and football employee. How do these experiences shape him into the Coach that he becomes? Write an essay explaining what experiences are most important to his development as a Head Coach.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the focus on the mental side of the game of football within the book. Why does the author choose to focus on this? Do you consider this a main idea? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the theme of motivation in the book. What are the most motivating factors? What about least motivating? What characters are most motivational? Least motivational?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)