|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is The Combine held?
2. Tom Brady thinks the Patriots can go undefeated in the 2002 season after an opening victory against which team?
3. What is the maximum length of time teams can interview players at The Combine?
4. How many new players do the Patriots add in 2002?
5. What is on TV while the Patriots are participating in the Draft?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
2. What factors does Belichick mention as reasons for losing against the Jets 30-17 in 2002?
3. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
4. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
5. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
6. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
7. Describe the environment during the live draft.
8. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
9. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
10. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining how the Patriots' pay structure functions and how it serves an important role in establishing the team.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the theme of motivation in the book. What are the most motivating factors? What about least motivating? What characters are most motivational? Least motivational?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring how the Draft functions in terms of building. How is this building reflected in the Patriots?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)