|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels vulnerable during the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
2. What is the winning play of Super Bowl XXXVIII?
3. After discussing the players following the 2002 season, what type of view does the author say that Belichick and his staff develop regarding the team?
4. According to the author, with whom is Tom Jackson friends?
5. In November, 2003, Belichick has ___ consecutive wins under his belt.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Patriots fare against the Bills in December, 2003, and what is the outcome of this ending?
2. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
3. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
4. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
5. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
6. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
7. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
8. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
9. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
10. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the Patriots' scouting process in the book and review which characteristics are the most and least important when selecting a player.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay evaluating how the policy of performance-based rewards influences the team and serves as a framework for understanding Belichick's actions in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring how the Draft functions in terms of building. How is this building reflected in the Patriots?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)