|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following player characteristics do Belichick and his staff not discuss following the 2002 season?
2. Besides common characteristics, what type of additional skill is evaluated?
3. Why does Belichick have to change the practice field for Super Bowl XXXVIII?
4. What position does Steve Martin play for the Patriots?
5. A __________ candidate must be able to be quantified using a uniform grading system.
Short Essay Questions
1. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
2. What parallel does Belichick note between the 2003 Panthers and the 2001 Patriots, and how does he feel about this parallel?
3. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
4. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
5. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
6. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
7. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
8. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
9. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
10. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you consider how Belichick's granting Holley permission to write the book does or does not influence the final outcome of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why is so much emphasis placed on the Super Bowl in the book? Write an essay in which you examine this question.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the theme of motivation in the book. What are the most motivating factors? What about least motivating? What characters are most motivational? Least motivational?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)