|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With five minutes left in the first half of Super Bowl XXXVIII, the Patriots ___________.
2. How long is the Patriots' winning streak coming into Super Bowl XXXVIII?
3. When Belichick and his Patriots play the Cowboys in 2003, Belichick and Parcells have not met face to face since _____.
4. What does the threshold that players must meet to be considered by the Patriots mean?
5. In November, 2003, Belichick has ___ consecutive wins under his belt.
Short Essay Questions
1. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
2. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
3. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
4. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
5. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
6. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
7. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
8. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
9. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
10. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is so much emphasis placed on the Super Bowl in the book? Write an essay in which you examine this question.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you consider how Belichick's granting Holley permission to write the book does or does not influence the final outcome of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the many roles played by a single character. How does the inclusion of multiple roles help the reader understand the character better?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)