|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on TV while the Patriots are participating in the Draft?
2. What play is used by the Patriots in their come-from-behind win over the Denver Broncos in 2003?
3. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
4. What does Belichick do following the 2002 season before returning to evaluate the team?
5. The Patriots lost to the Jets in 2002 by what score?
Short Essay Questions
1. What parallel does Belichick note between the 2003 Panthers and the 2001 Patriots, and how does he feel about this parallel?
2. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
3. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
4. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
5. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
6. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
7. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
8. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
9. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
10. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select a character other than Bill Belichick from the book. Write an essay in which you examine the importance of this character to the book and to the Patriots' story.
Essay Topic 2
Why is so much emphasis placed on the Super Bowl in the book? Write an essay in which you examine this question.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the theme of motivation in the book. What are the most motivating factors? What about least motivating? What characters are most motivational? Least motivational?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)