|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A __________ candidate must be able to be quantified using a uniform grading system.
2. The author describes the 2002 Patriots as ___________.
3. Who do the Patriots beat 31-0 in 2003 to advance to the Super Bowl?
4. What type of player takes a toll on the team?
5. Who feels vulnerable during the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
2. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
3. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
4. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
5. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
6. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
7. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
8. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
9. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
10. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select a character other than Bill Belichick from the book. Write an essay in which you examine the importance of this character to the book and to the Patriots' story.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the many roles played by a single character. How does the inclusion of multiple roles help the reader understand the character better?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining how the Patriots' pay structure functions and how it serves an important role in establishing the team.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)