|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the live Draft occur?
2. According to the author, with whom is Tom Jackson friends?
3. Where is The Combine held?
4. Who satisfies the skills criteria required by the Patriots for a quarterback?
5. Against whom was win number 9 for the Patriots in the 2003 season?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
2. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
3. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
4. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
5. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
6. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
7. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
8. Describe the environment during the live draft.
9. How do the Patriots fare against the Bills in December, 2003, and what is the outcome of this ending?
10. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring how the relationship between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft influences the success of the team, noting how other relationships either helped or hindered the development of the Patriots.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the Patriots' scouting process in the book and review which characteristics are the most and least important when selecting a player.
Essay Topic 3
One value that is explored in the book is that of perseverance with respect to Belichick and his team. Select another value that is found in the book and write an essay explaining how this value is presented and achieved in the book.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)