|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What play is used by the Patriots in their come-from-behind win over the Denver Broncos in 2003?
2. After the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in 2003, the Denver coach says he is ________.
3. What is Parcells' nickname?
4. What do behavior, athletic ability, learning, durability, and competitiveness have in common?
5. Tom Brady thinks the Patriots can go undefeated in the 2002 season after an opening victory against which team?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
2. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
3. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
4. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
5. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
6. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
7. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
8. How do the Patriots fare against the Bills in December, 2003, and what is the outcome of this ending?
9. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
10. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore leadership in the book. Which characters do you think represent the most leadership? Create your argument using evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the Patriots' scouting process in the book and review which characteristics are the most and least important when selecting a player.
Essay Topic 3
Select a character other than Bill Belichick from the book. Write an essay in which you examine the importance of this character to the book and to the Patriots' story.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)