|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Belichick attempts to build his team based on a ______ structure.
2. Who is the backup Quarterback for Tom Brady in Super Bowl XXXVIII?
3. How many questions does Belichick ask his players about the Cowboys before their game in 2003?
4. Which aspect of potential drafts is not discussed by scouts?
5. What does Belichick do following the 2002 season before returning to evaluate the team?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
2. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
3. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
4. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
5. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
6. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
7. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
8. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
9. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
10. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belichick adopts the policy of "supreme professionalism" with respect to managing the team. Write an essay exploring what this policy means and what impact it has on the Patriots' organization.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the Patriots' scouting process in the book and review which characteristics are the most and least important when selecting a player.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the importance placed on winning in the book. Make an argument about whether or not winning is the most important concept to the Patriots.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)