|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In November, 2003, Belichick has ___ consecutive wins under his belt.
2. How does Tom Brady feel he acts around strangers?
3. What percentage pay cut is Lawyer Milloy offered?
4. What does Belichick want to do after the 2002 season to make the team work better?
5. What type of meeting does Belichick hold on the Monday following the Jets game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What parallel does Belichick note between the 2003 Panthers and the 2001 Patriots, and how does he feel about this parallel?
2. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
3. How do the Patriots fare against the Bills in December, 2003, and what is the outcome of this ending?
4. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
5. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
6. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
7. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
8. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
9. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
10. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the theme of motivation in the book. What are the most motivating factors? What about least motivating? What characters are most motivational? Least motivational?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you consider how Belichick's granting Holley permission to write the book does or does not influence the final outcome of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the importance placed on winning in the book. Make an argument about whether or not winning is the most important concept to the Patriots.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)