|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the winning play of Super Bowl XXXVIII?
2. What type of player takes a toll on the team?
3. Where do coaches physically arrange names when planning for the draft?
4. Where does the live Draft occur?
5. What is the final score of the first game played by the Patriots in the 2003 season?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
2. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
3. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
4. How do the Patriots fare against the Bills in December, 2003, and what is the outcome of this ending?
5. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
6. What factors does Belichick mention as reasons for losing against the Jets 30-17 in 2002?
7. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
8. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
9. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
10. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you consider whether the "Patriot Reign" in the title is a temporary or long term structure. Use evidence from the book to support your point.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the importance placed on winning in the book. Make an argument about whether or not winning is the most important concept to the Patriots.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring how the Draft functions in terms of building. How is this building reflected in the Patriots?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)