|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who scores during the winning play against the Miami Dolphins towards the end of the 2002 season?
2. When do the Patriots score their final points against the Dolphins in 2002?
3. What is the room called in which the coaches prepare for the actual player draft?
4. What is the winning play of Super Bowl XXXVIII?
5. Which columnist supports the decision to dismiss Lawyer Milloy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
2. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
3. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
4. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
5. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
6. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
7. Describe how the Patriots prepare for their 2003 game against the Cowboys.
8. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
9. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
10. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belichick adopts the policy of "supreme professionalism" with respect to managing the team. Write an essay exploring what this policy means and what impact it has on the Patriots' organization.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the many roles played by a single character. How does the inclusion of multiple roles help the reader understand the character better?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore leadership in the book. Which characters do you think represent the most leadership? Create your argument using evidence from the book.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)