|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who satisfies the skills criteria required by the Patriots for a quarterback?
2. Belichick expects his players to play _______.
3. Belichick attempts to build his team based on a ______ structure.
4. One talent scout describes the stress of always needing to have ______ ready when discussing the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
5. According to the author, with whom is Tom Jackson friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
2. What parallel does Belichick note between the 2003 Panthers and the 2001 Patriots, and how does he feel about this parallel?
3. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
4. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
5. What factors does Belichick mention as reasons for losing against the Jets 30-17 in 2002?
6. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
7. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
8. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
9. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
10. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay examining how past success or failure creates expectations for future events in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the theme of motivation in the book. What are the most motivating factors? What about least motivating? What characters are most motivational? Least motivational?
Essay Topic 3
Select a character other than Bill Belichick from the book. Write an essay in which you examine the importance of this character to the book and to the Patriots' story.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)