|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides common characteristics, what type of additional skill is evaluated?
2. Why does Belichick refuse Parcells' offer to become Head Coach of the Jets?
3. What is the final score of the first game played by the Patriots in the 2003 season?
4. Where do coaches physically arrange names when planning for the draft?
5. Who is the backup Quarterback for Tom Brady in Super Bowl XXXVIII?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
2. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
3. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
4. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
5. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
6. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
7. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
8. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
9. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
10. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring how the Draft functions in terms of building. How is this building reflected in the Patriots?
Essay Topic 2
Select a character other than Bill Belichick from the book. Write an essay in which you examine the importance of this character to the book and to the Patriots' story.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you examine the importance of Belichick's and Parcells' relationship to the book and to the Patriots' organization.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)