|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Belichick attempts to build his team based on a ______ structure.
2. A __________ candidate must be able to be quantified using a uniform grading system.
3. What does Belichick want to do after the 2002 season to make the team work better?
4. What injury does Tom Brady sustain during the 2002 season?
5. Which of the following policies does Belichick adopt in regards to the Patriots?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
2. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
3. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
4. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
5. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
6. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
7. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
8. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
9. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
10. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is so much emphasis placed on the Super Bowl in the book? Write an essay in which you examine this question.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the focus on the mental side of the game of football within the book. Why does the author choose to focus on this? Do you consider this a main idea? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring how the Draft functions in terms of building. How is this building reflected in the Patriots?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)