|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of opinions must scouts possess?
2. Belichick does not want to hear _________ during the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
3. Which of the following is not a skill required by the Patriots when looking for a quarterback?
4. Where is The Combine held?
5. Who scores during the winning play against the Miami Dolphins towards the end of the 2002 season?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
2. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
3. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
4. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
5. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
6. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
7. Describe how the Patriots prepare for their 2003 game against the Cowboys.
8. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
9. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
10. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the importance of details and individual plays in contributing to the book as well as to the game.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring how the relationship between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft influences the success of the team, noting how other relationships either helped or hindered the development of the Patriots.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you consider how Belichick's granting Holley permission to write the book does or does not influence the final outcome of the book.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)