|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on TV while the Patriots are participating in the Draft?
2. Which of the following is not a skill required by the Patriots when looking for a quarterback?
3. Tom Jackson makes a comment on ESPN that the Patriots ________.
4. The Patriots lost to the Jets in 2002 by what score?
5. What is the room called in which the coaches prepare for the actual player draft?
Short Essay Questions
1. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
2. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
3. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
4. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
5. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
6. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
7. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
8. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
9. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
10. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining how the Patriots' pay structure functions and how it serves an important role in establishing the team.
Essay Topic 2
Select a character other than Bill Belichick from the book. Write an essay in which you examine the importance of this character to the book and to the Patriots' story.
Essay Topic 3
Belichick adopts the policy of "supreme professionalism" with respect to managing the team. Write an essay exploring what this policy means and what impact it has on the Patriots' organization.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)