|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scott Pioli is whose son-in-law?
2. Which players are up for discussion during the team's evaluation meeting following the 2002 season?
3. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
4. What is the winning play of Super Bowl XXXVIII?
5. Which aspect of potential drafts is not discussed by scouts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
2. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
3. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
4. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
5. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
6. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
7. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
8. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
9. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
10. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select a character other than Bill Belichick from the book. Write an essay in which you examine the importance of this character to the book and to the Patriots' story.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you consider whether the "Patriot Reign" in the title is a temporary or long term structure. Use evidence from the book to support your point.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the importance placed on winning in the book. Make an argument about whether or not winning is the most important concept to the Patriots.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)