|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Belichick develops his team by rewarding _____.
2. How do the Patriots' Coaches predict how the Cowboys' players will react to plays?
3. Who do the Patriots play in the first game of the 2003 season?
4. On the player dimension scale of 1 to 9, what is threshold for selecting a player?
5. Belichick does not want to hear _________ during the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
2. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
3. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
4. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
5. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
6. What parallel does Belichick note between the 2003 Panthers and the 2001 Patriots, and how does he feel about this parallel?
7. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
8. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
9. What factors does Belichick mention as reasons for losing against the Jets 30-17 in 2002?
10. Describe how the Patriots prepare for their 2003 game against the Cowboys.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay evaluating how the policy of performance-based rewards influences the team and serves as a framework for understanding Belichick's actions in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring how the relationship between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft influences the success of the team, noting how other relationships either helped or hindered the development of the Patriots.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you examine the importance of Belichick's and Parcells' relationship to the book and to the Patriots' organization.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)