|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Scott Pioli and Belichick discuss on the plane home from Super Bowl XXXVI?
2. After Belichick graduates from Andover Wesleyan, with what team does he obtain a job?
3. To what does Belichick attribute his losing his first head coach interview in 1989?
4. In what year does the author of the Patriot Reign propose the book's idea?
5. How does the author behave when attending closed-door meetings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of football background does Kraft have and where does he work after graduating college?
2. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
3. How, and when, does Tom Brady become the starting Quarterback for the New England Patriots?
4. Who is Scott Pioli and what do his job responsibilities include?
5. Where was Belichick born and raised? Where has he worked?
6. What does Belichick do to combat what he considers to be "just bad football" at the beginning of the Patriots' 2002 season?
7. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
8. Describe Adam Vinatieri's personality and why he is not considered a deciding factor in Patriots' games.
9. Who is Mike Martz and what is his philosophy about football?
10. Describe how the December 8, 2002, game against the Buffalo Bills plays out.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay examining how past success or failure creates expectations for future events in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Belichick adopts the policy of "supreme professionalism" with respect to managing the team. Write an essay exploring what this policy means and what impact it has on the Patriots' organization.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore leadership in the book. Which characters do you think represent the most leadership? Create your argument using evidence from the book.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)