|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Patriot Reign: Bill Belichick, the Coaches, and the Players Who Built a Champion?"
2. Who is responsible for finding "the right kind of players" for the Patriots?
3. To what does Belichick attribute his losing his first head coach interview in 1989?
4. What position does Adam Vinatieri play?
5. How far in advance does Belichick prepare for press conferences?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Coach Belichick stress going into Super Bowl XXXVI and how does he emphasize this aspect?
2. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
3. What type of information does the author obtain about the Patriots, and how is he able to obtain this information?
4. With whom does Kraft replace Parcells, and why does Kraft come to regret this decision?
5. How does Belichick prepare for press conferences, and how long does this take him?
6. Which new Quarterback do the Patriots draft in the 2000 Draft? How does this Quarterback perform?
7. What does Belichick do to combat what he considers to be "just bad football" at the beginning of the Patriots' 2002 season?
8. What is the deciding factor in Super Bowl XXXVI?
9. Describe Adam Vinatieri's personality and why he is not considered a deciding factor in Patriots' games.
10. Where was Belichick born and raised? Where has he worked?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the importance of details and individual plays in contributing to the book as well as to the game.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the Patriots' scouting process in the book and review which characteristics are the most and least important when selecting a player.
Essay Topic 3
Why is so much emphasis placed on the Super Bowl in the book? Write an essay in which you examine this question.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)