|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does the author receive authorization to write this book?
2. Belichick works closely with Romeo Crennel and ______ to analyze the opponents' defensive strategies.
3. Who do Belichick and Rehbein choose as a backup Quarterback for the Patriots in the 2000 draft?
4. The Rams tie the score in Super Bowl XXXVI with ______ left on the clock.
5. Super Bowl XXXVI begins with the Rams returning the opening kick ________ yards.
Short Essay Questions
1. When is Bill Belichick hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots and in what shape is the team?
2. Who is Mike Martz and what is his philosophy about football?
3. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
4. What type of football background does Kraft have and where does he work after graduating college?
5. Describe Adam Vinatieri's personality and why he is not considered a deciding factor in Patriots' games.
6. How does Super Bowl XXXVI begin?
7. What is the Patriots' game plan and strategy going into the 2001 Super Bowl?
8. Where was Belichick born and raised? Where has he worked?
9. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
10. To what does Belichick attribute losing his first head coach interview in 1989, and what has he learned since regarding this deficiency?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is so much emphasis placed on the Super Bowl in the book? Write an essay in which you examine this question.
Essay Topic 2
One value that is explored in the book is that of perseverance with respect to Belichick and his team. Select another value that is found in the book and write an essay explaining how this value is presented and achieved in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Consider Belichick's background as a player and football employee. How do these experiences shape him into the Coach that he becomes? Write an essay explaining what experiences are most important to his development as a Head Coach.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)