|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what team is Drew Bledsoe traded at the end of the 2001 season?
2. What type of details does the author record about the Patriots?
3. When does Rehbein die?
4. When Rehbein diee, what position does Belichick take over?
5. Who do Belichick and Rehbein choose as a backup Quarterback for the Patriots in the 2000 draft?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Super Bowl XXXVI begin?
2. How, and when, does Tom Brady become the starting Quarterback for the New England Patriots?
3. How does the author interact with the team during meetings?
4. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
5. To what does Belichick attribute losing his first head coach interview in 1989, and what has he learned since regarding this deficiency?
6. About what do Kraft and Parcells disagree, resulting in Parcells' leaving the Patriots?
7. When is Bill Belichick hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots and in what shape is the team?
8. Describe how Belichick's attitude towards football and work differs from, and is similar to, his attitude away from work.
9. What is the deciding factor in Super Bowl XXXVI?
10. With whom does Kraft replace Parcells, and why does Kraft come to regret this decision?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One value that is explored in the book is that of perseverance with respect to Belichick and his team. Select another value that is found in the book and write an essay explaining how this value is presented and achieved in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you consider whether the "Patriot Reign" in the title is a temporary or long term structure. Use evidence from the book to support your point.
Essay Topic 3
Consider Belichick's background as a player and football employee. How do these experiences shape him into the Coach that he becomes? Write an essay explaining what experiences are most important to his development as a Head Coach.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)