|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Belichick allows his vision of his team to be _______.
2. The Rams tie the score in Super Bowl XXXVI with ______ left on the clock.
3. In what year does the author of the Patriot Reign propose the book's idea?
4. On what position do the Patriots focus their defense in the 2001 Super Bowl?
5. Who considers the start of the 2002 Patriots season as "just bad football?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Belichick prepare for press conferences, and how long does this take him?
2. Who is Michael Holley and what does he propose to Bill Belichick in 2002?
3. Which new Quarterback do the Patriots draft in the 2000 Draft? How does this Quarterback perform?
4. Describe Adam Vinatieri's personality and why he is not considered a deciding factor in Patriots' games.
5. What are the problems facing Belichick when he is hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots?
6. How, and when, does Tom Brady become the starting Quarterback for the New England Patriots?
7. How does Super Bowl XXXVI begin?
8. Describe the relationship between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft.
9. To what does Belichick attribute losing his first head coach interview in 1989, and what has he learned since regarding this deficiency?
10. What type of information does the author obtain about the Patriots, and how is he able to obtain this information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the focus on the mental side of the game of football within the book. Why does the author choose to focus on this? Do you consider this a main idea? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore leadership in the book. Which characters do you think represent the most leadership? Create your argument using evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Consider Belichick's background as a player and football employee. How do these experiences shape him into the Coach that he becomes? Write an essay explaining what experiences are most important to his development as a Head Coach.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)