|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1979, what team hires Belichick as their Special Teams Coach?
2. Bill Parcells leaves the Patriots before what Super Bowl?
3. Belichick is a strong believer in ___________-based rewards.
4. Belichick stresses what aspect of the Patriots going into Super Bowl XXXVI?
5. What type of information does the author receive about the Patriots?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft.
2. What does Coach Belichick stress going into Super Bowl XXXVI and how does he emphasize this aspect?
3. Who is Michael Holley and what does he propose to Bill Belichick in 2002?
4. What does Belichick do to combat what he considers to be "just bad football" at the beginning of the Patriots' 2002 season?
5. What are the problems facing Belichick when he is hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots?
6. Who is Scott Pioli and what do his job responsibilities include?
7. How does the author interact with the team during meetings?
8. Who is Mike Martz and what is his philosophy about football?
9. Describe how Belichick's attitude towards football and work differs from, and is similar to, his attitude away from work.
10. With whom does Kraft replace Parcells, and why does Kraft come to regret this decision?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay examining how past success or failure creates expectations for future events in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you consider whether the "Patriot Reign" in the title is a temporary or long term structure. Use evidence from the book to support your point.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining how the Patriots' pay structure functions and how it serves an important role in establishing the team.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)