|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Belichick attribute his losing his first head coach interview in 1989?
2. On what date in 2002 does Belichick's staff meet at the local Sheraton hotel?
3. What do Scott Pioli and Belichick discuss on the plane home from Super Bowl XXXVI?
4. Who intercepts a Kurt Warner pass to run it back for the first touchdown of the game?
5. Where does Robert Kraft go to work after graduating from Columbia University?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
2. What does Coach Belichick stress going into Super Bowl XXXVI and how does he emphasize this aspect?
3. What type of football background does Kraft have and where does he work after graduating college?
4. Who is Michael Holley and what does he propose to Bill Belichick in 2002?
5. Between whom does a conversation take place on the plane back from Super Bowl XXXVI and what is discussed?
6. Describe how Belichick's attitude towards football and work differs from, and is similar to, his attitude away from work.
7. What type of information does the author obtain about the Patriots, and how is he able to obtain this information?
8. How does the author interact with the team during meetings?
9. Who is Scott Pioli and what do his job responsibilities include?
10. About what do Kraft and Parcells disagree, resulting in Parcells' leaving the Patriots?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you examine the importance of Belichick's and Parcells' relationship to the book and to the Patriots' organization.
Essay Topic 2
Select a character other than Bill Belichick from the book. Write an essay in which you examine the importance of this character to the book and to the Patriots' story.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining how the Patriots' pay structure functions and how it serves an important role in establishing the team.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)