|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mike Martz is a ___________ scholar.
2. What position does Scott Pioli hold with the team?
3. Super Bowl XXXVI begins with the Rams returning the opening kick ________ yards.
4. Who is responsible for finding "the right kind of players" for the Patriots?
5. How does the author behave when attending closed-door meetings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the problems facing Belichick when he is hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots?
2. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
3. Between whom does a conversation take place on the plane back from Super Bowl XXXVI and what is discussed?
4. Who is Mike Martz and what is his philosophy about football?
5. With whom does Kraft replace Parcells, and why does Kraft come to regret this decision?
6. Who is Michael Holley and what does he propose to Bill Belichick in 2002?
7. How does Belichick prepare for press conferences, and how long does this take him?
8. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
9. Describe the relationship between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft.
10. How does Super Bowl XXXVI begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the focus on the mental side of the game of football within the book. Why does the author choose to focus on this? Do you consider this a main idea? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore leadership in the book. Which characters do you think represent the most leadership? Create your argument using evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay examining how past success or failure creates expectations for future events in the book.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)