|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author's interaction with the Patriots compare with previous, similar interactions?
2. When the Patriots' head coach is dismissed in 2000, Kraft immediately starts the process to hire whom?
3. On what position do the Patriots focus their defense in the 2001 Super Bowl?
4. The author has the opportunity to follow the ___________ Patriots.
5. How does Belichick feel about hard work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author interact with the team during meetings?
2. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
3. How, and when, does Tom Brady become the starting Quarterback for the New England Patriots?
4. To what does Belichick attribute losing his first head coach interview in 1989, and what has he learned since regarding this deficiency?
5. What does Belichick do to combat what he considers to be "just bad football" at the beginning of the Patriots' 2002 season?
6. How does Belichick prepare for press conferences, and how long does this take him?
7. Where was Belichick born and raised? Where has he worked?
8. About what do Kraft and Parcells disagree, resulting in Parcells' leaving the Patriots?
9. Between whom does a conversation take place on the plane back from Super Bowl XXXVI and what is discussed?
10. Which new Quarterback do the Patriots draft in the 2000 Draft? How does this Quarterback perform?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the Patriots' scouting process in the book and review which characteristics are the most and least important when selecting a player.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you examine the importance of Belichick's and Parcells' relationship to the book and to the Patriots' organization.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the importance of details and individual plays in contributing to the book as well as to the game.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)