|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belichick stress above all else during the 2002 Patriots' season?
2. How many additional draft picks do the Patriots get for losing Parcells?
3. Who does Scott Pioli refer to as ambulance chasers?
4. Mike Martz is a ___________ scholar.
5. Who considers the start of the 2002 Patriots season as "just bad football?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Belichick's attitude towards football and work differs from, and is similar to, his attitude away from work.
2. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
3. Describe Adam Vinatieri's personality and why he is not considered a deciding factor in Patriots' games.
4. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
5. To what does Belichick attribute losing his first head coach interview in 1989, and what has he learned since regarding this deficiency?
6. What is the Patriots' game plan and strategy going into the 2001 Super Bowl?
7. What is the attitude about the Patriots at the end of Holley's book?
8. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
9. With whom does Kraft replace Parcells, and why does Kraft come to regret this decision?
10. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
Essay Topic 1
Belichick adopts the policy of "supreme professionalism" with respect to managing the team. Write an essay exploring what this policy means and what impact it has on the Patriots' organization.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the Patriots' scouting process in the book and review which characteristics are the most and least important when selecting a player.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay evaluating how the policy of performance-based rewards influences the team and serves as a framework for understanding Belichick's actions in the book.
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)