|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Belichick expect from life, himself, his team, and his family?
2. When Belichick is hired by the New England Patriots, how is leadership and morale?
3. Who intercepts a Kurt Warner pass to run it back for the first touchdown of the game?
4. The Rams tie the score in Super Bowl XXXVI with ______ left on the clock.
5. For what price are the Patriots bought in 1994?
Short Essay Questions
1. When is Bill Belichick hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots and in what shape is the team?
2. What is the deciding factor in Super Bowl XXXVI?
3. About what do Kraft and Parcells disagree, resulting in Parcells' leaving the Patriots?
4. What does Belichick do to combat what he considers to be "just bad football" at the beginning of the Patriots' 2002 season?
5. With whom does Kraft replace Parcells, and why does Kraft come to regret this decision?
6. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
7. Who is Scott Pioli and what do his job responsibilities include?
8. How, and when, does Tom Brady become the starting Quarterback for the New England Patriots?
9. Describe how the December 8, 2002, game against the Buffalo Bills plays out.
10. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the importance of details and individual plays in contributing to the book as well as to the game.
Essay Topic 2
Consider Belichick's background as a player and football employee. How do these experiences shape him into the Coach that he becomes? Write an essay explaining what experiences are most important to his development as a Head Coach.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore leadership in the book. Which characters do you think represent the most leadership? Create your argument using evidence from the book.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)