|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does the author receive authorization to write this book?
2. Who does Belichick marry in 1978?
3. For what college team is Belichick's father, Steve, the assistant coach?
4. What position does Belichick play in 1971 at Andover Wesleyan?
5. Belichick summarizes the Rams as having only ___ basic passing concepts.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Belichick's attitude towards football and work differs from, and is similar to, his attitude away from work.
2. How does the author interact with the team during meetings?
3. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
4. When is Bill Belichick hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots and in what shape is the team?
5. What type of football background does Kraft have and where does he work after graduating college?
6. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
7. What does Belichick do to combat what he considers to be "just bad football" at the beginning of the Patriots' 2002 season?
8. What parallel does Belichick note between the 2003 Panthers and the 2001 Patriots, and how does he feel about this parallel?
9. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
10. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring how the Draft functions in terms of building. How is this building reflected in the Patriots?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you examine the importance of Belichick's and Parcells' relationship to the book and to the Patriots' organization.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the Patriots' scouting process in the book and review which characteristics are the most and least important when selecting a player.
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)