|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hired for the Head Coach position after Parcells leaves the Patriots?
2. On what date in 2002 does Belichick's staff meet at the local Sheraton hotel?
3. How does Belichick treat those staff members who had worked with him at the Giants?
4. What does Belichick expect his players to do when he asks them what has gone wrong with a play?
5. Bledsoe is not as important to the team's success as ________ thinks.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
2. Describe Adam Vinatieri's personality and why he is not considered a deciding factor in Patriots' games.
3. How does Belichick prepare for press conferences, and how long does this take him?
4. What are the problems facing Belichick when he is hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots?
5. What does Coach Belichick stress going into Super Bowl XXXVI and how does he emphasize this aspect?
6. What does Belichick do to combat what he considers to be "just bad football" at the beginning of the Patriots' 2002 season?
7. About what do Kraft and Parcells disagree, resulting in Parcells' leaving the Patriots?
8. Where was Belichick born and raised? Where has he worked?
9. How, and when, does Tom Brady become the starting Quarterback for the New England Patriots?
10. Describe how the December 8, 2002, game against the Buffalo Bills plays out.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the many roles played by a single character. How does the inclusion of multiple roles help the reader understand the character better?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the theme of motivation in the book. What are the most motivating factors? What about least motivating? What characters are most motivational? Least motivational?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore leadership in the book. Which characters do you think represent the most leadership? Create your argument using evidence from the book.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)