Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belichick find it difficult to maintain an authority relationship with the players while working for the New York Jets?
2. What does Belichick stress above all else during the 2002 Patriots' season?
3. Belichick walks into a press conference having predicted what?
4. Who is responsible for finding "the right kind of players" for the Patriots?
5. Belichick gives his quarterbacks a __-page test to analyze their reasoning.
Short Essay Questions
1. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
2. Between whom does a conversation take place on the plane back from Super Bowl XXXVI and what is discussed?
3. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
4. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
5. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
6. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
7. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
8. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
9. Who is responsible for the Patriots' Draft in the Epilogue? How many Draft picks do they have?
10. With whom does Kraft replace Parcells, and why does Kraft come to regret this decision?
Write an essay in which you examine the importance of Belichick's and Parcells' relationship to the book and to the Patriots' organization.
Write an essay in which you explore the importance placed on winning in the book. Make an argument about whether or not winning is the most important concept to the Patriots.
Select a character other than Bill Belichick from the book. Write an essay in which you examine the importance of this character to the book and to the Patriots' story.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)