|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author react to receiving authorization to write this book?
2. What position does Scott Pioli hold with the team?
3. Mike Martz is a ___________ scholar.
4. Belichick summarizes the Rams as having only ___ basic passing concepts.
5. Who is the author of "Patriot Reign: Bill Belichick, the Coaches, and the Players Who Built a Champion?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Super Bowl XXXVI begin?
2. How does Belichick prepare for press conferences, and how long does this take him?
3. To what does Belichick attribute losing his first head coach interview in 1989, and what has he learned since regarding this deficiency?
4. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
5. How, and when, does Tom Brady become the starting Quarterback for the New England Patriots?
6. Which new Quarterback do the Patriots draft in the 2000 Draft? How does this Quarterback perform?
7. Describe the relationship between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft.
8. Describe how the December 8, 2002, game against the Buffalo Bills plays out.
9. Describe how Belichick's attitude towards football and work differs from, and is similar to, his attitude away from work.
10. What type of football background does Kraft have and where does he work after graduating college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you consider whether the "Patriot Reign" in the title is a temporary or long term structure. Use evidence from the book to support your point.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the Patriots' scouting process in the book and review which characteristics are the most and least important when selecting a player.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you examine the importance of Belichick's and Parcells' relationship to the book and to the Patriots' organization.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)