|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bledsoe is not as important to the team's success as ________ thinks.
2. What type of details does the author record about the Patriots?
3. How does the author react to receiving authorization to write this book?
4. What major event has occurred just before Adam Vinatieri is hired by the Patriots?
5. How far in advance does Belichick prepare for press conferences?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Belichick born and raised? Where has he worked?
2. Describe Belichick's attitude about feedback from his staff, and how he has developed this attitude.
3. What does Belichick do to combat what he considers to be "just bad football" at the beginning of the Patriots' 2002 season?
4. To what does Belichick attribute losing his first head coach interview in 1989, and what has he learned since regarding this deficiency?
5. Who is Scott Pioli and what do his job responsibilities include?
6. When is Bill Belichick hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots and in what shape is the team?
7. Describe how the December 8, 2002, game against the Buffalo Bills plays out.
8. What is the Patriots' game plan and strategy going into the 2001 Super Bowl?
9. Who is Mike Martz and what is his philosophy about football?
10. Describe the relationship between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the theme of motivation in the book. What are the most motivating factors? What about least motivating? What characters are most motivational? Least motivational?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the importance of details and individual plays in contributing to the book as well as to the game.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you consider whether the "Patriot Reign" in the title is a temporary or long term structure. Use evidence from the book to support your point.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)