|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bill Parcells leave the New England Patriots in 1997?
2. From whom does the author receive authorization to write this book?
3. Who intercepts a Kurt Warner pass to run it back for the first touchdown of the game?
4. Belichick walks into a press conference having predicted what?
5. What strategy is not effective against the Rams' quarterback?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of football background does Kraft have and where does he work after graduating college?
2. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
3. Describe Adam Vinatieri's personality and why he is not considered a deciding factor in Patriots' games.
4. To what does Belichick attribute losing his first head coach interview in 1989, and what has he learned since regarding this deficiency?
5. Describe how Belichick's attitude towards football and work differs from, and is similar to, his attitude away from work.
6. What does Coach Belichick stress going into Super Bowl XXXVI and how does he emphasize this aspect?
7. What are the problems facing Belichick when he is hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots?
8. How does Super Bowl XXXVI begin?
9. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
10. Describe Belichick's attitude about feedback from his staff, and how he has developed this attitude.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the importance of details and individual plays in contributing to the book as well as to the game.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you examine the importance of Belichick's and Parcells' relationship to the book and to the Patriots' organization.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore leadership in the book. Which characters do you think represent the most leadership? Create your argument using evidence from the book.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)