|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what quarter do the Rams score their first touchdown of Super Bowl XXXVI?
2. Mike Martz is a ___________ scholar.
3. What type of details does the author record about the Patriots?
4. Where is Belichick born?
5. What does Belichick expect his players to do when he asks them what has gone wrong with a play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Patriots' game plan and strategy going into the 2001 Super Bowl?
2. When is Bill Belichick hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots and in what shape is the team?
3. What type of information does the author obtain about the Patriots, and how is he able to obtain this information?
4. What is the deciding factor in Super Bowl XXXVI?
5. Who is Mike Martz and what is his philosophy about football?
6. Who is Michael Holley and what does he propose to Bill Belichick in 2002?
7. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
8. What are the problems facing Belichick when he is hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots?
9. Describe Adam Vinatieri's personality and why he is not considered a deciding factor in Patriots' games.
10. Describe how Belichick's attitude towards football and work differs from, and is similar to, his attitude away from work.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the focus on the mental side of the game of football within the book. Why does the author choose to focus on this? Do you consider this a main idea? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the importance of details and individual plays in contributing to the book as well as to the game.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the many roles played by a single character. How does the inclusion of multiple roles help the reader understand the character better?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)