|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Belichick marry in 1978?
2. Belichick describes the head coaching position as what type of job?
3. What position does Belichick play in 1971 at Andover Wesleyan?
4. For what college team is Belichick's father, Steve, the assistant coach?
5. What position does Marshall Faulk play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
2. What type of football background does Kraft have and where does he work after graduating college?
3. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
4. What does Belichick do to combat what he considers to be "just bad football" at the beginning of the Patriots' 2002 season?
5. About what do Kraft and Parcells disagree, resulting in Parcells' leaving the Patriots?
6. How does the author interact with the team during meetings?
7. When is Bill Belichick hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots and in what shape is the team?
8. Who is Scott Pioli and what do his job responsibilities include?
9. Describe the relationship between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft.
10. How does Super Bowl XXXVI begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the Patriots' scouting process in the book and review which characteristics are the most and least important when selecting a player.
Essay Topic 2
Select a character other than Bill Belichick from the book. Write an essay in which you examine the importance of this character to the book and to the Patriots' story.
Essay Topic 3
Consider Belichick's background as a player and football employee. How do these experiences shape him into the Coach that he becomes? Write an essay explaining what experiences are most important to his development as a Head Coach.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)