|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Patriots celebrate following Super Bowl XXXVI?
2. To what does Belichick attribute his losing his first head coach interview in 1989?
3. Belichick gives his quarterbacks a __-page test to analyze their reasoning.
4. What do Scott Pioli and Belichick discuss on the plane home from Super Bowl XXXVI?
5. In 1979, what team hires Belichick as their Special Teams Coach?
Short Essay Questions
1. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
2. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
3. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
4. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
5. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
6. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
7. What type of football background does Kraft have and where does he work after graduating college?
8. What factors does Belichick mention as reasons for losing against the Jets 30-17 in 2002?
9. With whom does Kraft replace Parcells, and why does Kraft come to regret this decision?
10. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring how the Draft functions in terms of building. How is this building reflected in the Patriots?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore leadership in the book. Which characters do you think represent the most leadership? Create your argument using evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you consider how Belichick's granting Holley permission to write the book does or does not influence the final outcome of the book.
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)