|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of details does the author record about the Patriots?
2. What does Belichick expect his players to do when he asks them what has gone wrong with a play?
3. How far over their salary cap are the Patriots when they hire Belichick as head coach?
4. Super Bowl XXXVI begins with the Rams returning the opening kick ________ yards.
5. To what team is Drew Bledsoe traded at the end of the 2001 season?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the problems facing Belichick when he is hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots?
2. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
3. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
4. Between whom does a conversation take place on the plane back from Super Bowl XXXVI and what is discussed?
5. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
6. Who is Michael Holley and what does he propose to Bill Belichick in 2002?
7. How, and when, does Tom Brady become the starting Quarterback for the New England Patriots?
8. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
9. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
10. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore leadership in the book. Which characters do you think represent the most leadership? Create your argument using evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the many roles played by a single character. How does the inclusion of multiple roles help the reader understand the character better?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you examine the importance of Belichick's and Parcells' relationship to the book and to the Patriots' organization.
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)