|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bill Parcells leave the New England Patriots in 1997?
2. What does Belichick stress above all else during the 2002 Patriots' season?
3. How far over their salary cap are the Patriots when they hire Belichick as head coach?
4. To what team is Drew Bledsoe traded at the end of the 2001 season?
5. What position is Belichick given when Parcells leaves the Patriots?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the problems facing Belichick when he is hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots?
2. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
3. Describe how the December 8, 2002, game against the Buffalo Bills plays out.
4. Between whom does a conversation take place on the plane back from Super Bowl XXXVI and what is discussed?
5. Describe Belichick's attitude about feedback from his staff, and how he has developed this attitude.
6. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
7. Where was Belichick born and raised? Where has he worked?
8. Which new Quarterback do the Patriots draft in the 2000 Draft? How does this Quarterback perform?
9. How, and when, does Tom Brady become the starting Quarterback for the New England Patriots?
10. About what do Kraft and Parcells disagree, resulting in Parcells' leaving the Patriots?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the theme of motivation in the book. What are the most motivating factors? What about least motivating? What characters are most motivational? Least motivational?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining how the Patriots' pay structure functions and how it serves an important role in establishing the team.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the many roles played by a single character. How does the inclusion of multiple roles help the reader understand the character better?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)