|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Belichick attribute his losing his first head coach interview in 1989?
2. What type of information does the author receive about the Patriots?
3. When Belichick looked for new players, he looked for talent and __________.
4. What team do the Patriots play on December 8, 2002, in Foxboro?
5. Belichick works closely with Romeo Crennel and ______ to analyze the opponents' defensive strategies.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the environment during the live draft.
2. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
3. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
4. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
5. Which new Quarterback do the Patriots draft in the 2000 Draft? How does this Quarterback perform?
6. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
7. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
8. What are the problems facing Belichick when he is hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots?
9. What factors does Belichick mention as reasons for losing against the Jets 30-17 in 2002?
10. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring how the relationship between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft influences the success of the team, noting how other relationships either helped or hindered the development of the Patriots.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring how the Draft functions in terms of building. How is this building reflected in the Patriots?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore leadership in the book. Which characters do you think represent the most leadership? Create your argument using evidence from the book.
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)