|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Marshall Faulk play?
2. Bledsoe is not as important to the team's success as ________ thinks.
3. Which quarterback plays in the 2001 AFC championship game?
4. What position is Belichick given when Parcells leaves the Patriots?
5. Who is hired for the Head Coach position after Parcells leaves the Patriots?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of football background does Kraft have and where does he work after graduating college?
2. Describe Belichick's attitude about feedback from his staff, and how he has developed this attitude.
3. Between whom does a conversation take place on the plane back from Super Bowl XXXVI and what is discussed?
4. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
5. How does the author interact with the team during meetings?
6. Who is Michael Holley and what does he propose to Bill Belichick in 2002?
7. How, and when, does Tom Brady become the starting Quarterback for the New England Patriots?
8. Describe how Belichick's attitude towards football and work differs from, and is similar to, his attitude away from work.
9. When is Bill Belichick hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots and in what shape is the team?
10. How does Belichick prepare for press conferences, and how long does this take him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you explore the theme of motivation in the book. What are the most motivating factors? What about least motivating? What characters are most motivational? Least motivational?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the importance of details and individual plays in contributing to the book as well as to the game.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you consider whether the "Patriot Reign" in the title is a temporary or long term structure. Use evidence from the book to support your point.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)