|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Adam Vinatieri play?
2. What major event has occurred just before Adam Vinatieri is hired by the Patriots?
3. How far in advance does Belichick prepare for press conferences?
4. What type of details does the author record about the Patriots?
5. Belichick is a strong believer in ___________-based rewards.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Belichick's attitude towards football and work differs from, and is similar to, his attitude away from work.
2. What are the problems facing Belichick when he is hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots?
3. Describe Belichick's attitude about feedback from his staff, and how he has developed this attitude.
4. Describe how the media perceives both the Patriots and the Rams going into the 2001 Super Bowl.
5. How does the author interact with the team during meetings?
6. Who is Scott Pioli and what do his job responsibilities include?
7. Describe the relationship between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft.
8. With whom does Kraft replace Parcells, and why does Kraft come to regret this decision?
9. What is the Patriots' game plan and strategy going into the 2001 Super Bowl?
10. What is the deciding factor in Super Bowl XXXVI?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining how the Patriots' pay structure functions and how it serves an important role in establishing the team.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring how the Draft functions in terms of building. How is this building reflected in the Patriots?
Essay Topic 3
Select a character other than Bill Belichick from the book. Write an essay in which you examine the importance of this character to the book and to the Patriots' story.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)