|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of access does the author have to closed-door meetings?
2. What do Scott Pioli and Belichick discuss on the plane home from Super Bowl XXXVI?
3. How does the author behave when attending closed-door meetings?
4. Belichick makes comments about Adam Vinatieri being his most ___________ player.
5. Belichick walks into a press conference having predicted what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
2. When is Bill Belichick hired as Head Coach of the New England Patriots and in what shape is the team?
3. Describe Belichick's attitude about feedback from his staff, and how he has developed this attitude.
4. How does Belichick prepare for press conferences, and how long does this take him?
5. Describe how the December 8, 2002, game against the Buffalo Bills plays out.
6. What does Belichick do to combat what he considers to be "just bad football" at the beginning of the Patriots' 2002 season?
7. With whom does Kraft replace Parcells, and why does Kraft come to regret this decision?
8. To what does Belichick attribute losing his first head coach interview in 1989, and what has he learned since regarding this deficiency?
9. Who is Scott Pioli and what do his job responsibilities include?
10. Describe how Belichick's attitude towards football and work differs from, and is similar to, his attitude away from work.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belichick adopts the policy of "supreme professionalism" with respect to managing the team. Write an essay exploring what this policy means and what impact it has on the Patriots' organization.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you explore the importance of details and individual plays in contributing to the book as well as to the game.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you examine the importance of Belichick's and Parcells' relationship to the book and to the Patriots' organization.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)