|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Patriots win their 2003 game against the Cowboys, Belichick meets Parcells with _____.
(a) A hug.
(b) A glare.
(c) Angry words.
(d) A first fight.
2. What do behavior, athletic ability, learning, durability, and competitiveness have in common?
(a) They are factors taken into account when selecting players.
(b) They are ways that Belichick evaluates his competitors.
(c) They are characteristics of Belichick's children.
(d) They are adjectives.
3. Which sports use The Combine to select players?
(a) Football and baseball.
(b) Only football.
(c) Football and basketball.
(d) Only soccer.
4. How many questions does Belichick ask his players about the Cowboys before their game in 2003?
5. Which member of Belichick's staff had not worked with Parcells while with the Jets?
(a) Romeo Crennel.
(b) Charlie Weis.
(c) Tom Brady.
(d) Scott Pioli.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Patriots have an 8-6 record going against the Jets in 2002 and have to win the next __ game(s) to guarantee making the playoffs.
2. What position does Steve Martin play for the Patriots?
3. What is Parcells' nickname?
4. In November, 2003, Belichick has ___ consecutive wins under his belt.
5. Against whom was win number 9 for the Patriots in the 2003 season?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
2. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
3. Who is Tom Jackson and what comment does he make to upset Belichick? How does Jackson apologize?
4. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
5. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
6. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
7. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
8. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
9. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
10. Describe the environment during the live draft.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)