|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Belichick develops his team by rewarding _____.
2. Who do the Patriots beat 31-0 in 2003 to advance to the Super Bowl?
(a) The Bills.
(b) The Dolphins.
(c) The Colts.
(d) The Panthers.
3. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
4. Who feels vulnerable during the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
(b) Low performers.
(c) High paid players.
(d) Tom Brady.
5. How many new players do the Patriots add in 2002?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which players are up for discussion during the team's evaluation meeting following the 2002 season?
2. What do players wear to The Combine?
3. The Patriots have an 8-6 record going against the Jets in 2002 and have to win the next __ game(s) to guarantee making the playoffs.
4. What type of player takes a toll on the team?
5. What type of meeting does Belichick hold on the Monday following the Jets game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do coaches meet to prepare for the actual Player Draft, and how do they physically arrange player names in the room?
2. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
3. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
4. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
5. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
6. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
7. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
8. What parallel does Belichick note between the 2003 Panthers and the 2001 Patriots, and how does he feel about this parallel?
9. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
10. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)