|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Patriots' Coaches predict how the Cowboys' players will react to plays?
(a) By asking the Cowboys.
(b) Using statistics.
(c) By watching Cowboys films.
(d) By coming up with random scenarios.
2. What is on TV while the Patriots are participating in the Draft?
(b) Films of players.
3. Belichick does not want to hear _________ during the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
4. When Belichick and his Patriots play the Cowboys in 2003, Belichick and Parcells have not met face to face since _____.
5. What position does Steve Martin play for the Patriots?
(b) Defensive Tackle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belichick want to do after the 2002 season to make the team work better?
2. What is the winning play of Super Bowl XXXVIII?
3. To what does Belichick contribute the 2002 loss to the Jets?
4. What does Tom Brady listen to on his iPod on the morning of Super Bowl XXXVIII?
5. The author describes the 2002 Patriots as ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
2. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
3. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
4. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
5. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
6. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
7. What parallel does Belichick note between the 2003 Panthers and the 2001 Patriots, and how does he feel about this parallel?
8. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
9. Describe how the Patriots prepare for their 2003 game against the Cowboys.
10. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)