|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the maximum length of time teams can interview players at The Combine?
(a) There is no limit.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
2. The Patriots have an 8-6 record going against the Jets in 2002 and have to win the next __ game(s) to guarantee making the playoffs.
3. Tom Jackson makes a comment on ESPN that the Patriots ________.
(a) "Love their team."
(b) "Are prepared for the Super Bowl."
(c) "Hate their coach."
(d) "Want a new quarterback."
4. Where is The Combine held?
5. Who satisfies the skills criteria required by the Patriots for a quarterback?
(a) Drew Bledsoe.
(b) Romeo Crennel.
(c) Tom Brady.
(d) Bill Belichick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do behavior, athletic ability, learning, durability, and competitiveness have in common?
2. Which of the following is not a skill required by the Patriots when looking for a quarterback?
3. According to the author, with whom is Tom Jackson friends?
4. Where is the celebrity event held during the days leading up to Super Bowl XXXVIII?
5. When do the Patriots score their final points against the Dolphins in 2002?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
2. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
3. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
4. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
5. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
6. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
7. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
8. Describe how the Patriots prepare for their 2003 game against the Cowboys.
9. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
10. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)