|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Belichick notices an alarming parallel between the '03 _________ and the '01 Patriots.
2. Which of the following players is dismissed following the 2002 season?
(a) Patrick Pass.
(b) Drew Bledsoe.
(c) Tom Brady.
(d) Adam Vinatieri.
3. After the Patriots win their 2003 game against the Cowboys, Belichick meets Parcells with _____.
(a) A first fight.
(b) Angry words.
(c) A hug.
(d) A glare.
4. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
5. Belichick develops his team by rewarding _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final score of the first game played by the Patriots in the 2003 season?
2. Belichick expects his players to play _______.
3. What type of player takes a toll on the team?
4. How do the Patriots' Coaches predict how the Cowboys' players will react to plays?
5. The Patriots have an 8-6 record going against the Jets in 2002 and have to win the next __ game(s) to guarantee making the playoffs.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
2. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
3. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
4. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
5. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
6. Describe how the Patriots prepare for their 2003 game against the Cowboys.
7. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
8. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
9. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
10. Describe the environment during the live draft.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)