|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With five minutes left in the first half of Super Bowl XXXVIII, the Patriots ___________.
(a) Kick off.
(b) Turn over the ball.
(c) Score a touchdown.
(d) Allow a sack.
2. Why does Belichick refuse Parcells' offer to become Head Coach of the Jets?
(a) He does not like the Jets.
(b) He wants more control.
(c) He does not like Parcells.
(d) He wants a higher salary.
3. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
4. Why does Belichick have to change the practice field for Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(b) Timing conflicts.
(c) Unsafe conditions.
(d) Travel plans.
5. What is on TV while the Patriots are participating in the Draft?
(a) Films of players.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Patriots' Coaches predict how the Cowboys' players will react to plays?
2. What is the winning play of Super Bowl XXXVIII?
3. Which of the following player characteristics do Belichick and his staff not discuss following the 2002 season?
4. What is the room called in which the coaches prepare for the actual player draft?
5. Which of the following players is dismissed following the 2002 season?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
2. What factors does Belichick mention as reasons for losing against the Jets 30-17 in 2002?
3. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
4. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
5. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
6. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
7. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
8. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
9. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
10. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)