|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who scores during the winning play against the Miami Dolphins towards the end of the 2002 season?
(d) Ula Tuitiele.
2. What is on TV while the Patriots are participating in the Draft?
(a) Films of players.
3. What is the winning play of Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(a) A safety.
(b) A field goal.
(c) A touchdown.
(d) A two-point conversion.
4. Which sports use The Combine to select players?
(a) Football and baseball.
(b) Football and basketball.
(c) Only soccer.
(d) Only football.
5. Which of the following player characteristics do Belichick and his staff not discuss following the 2002 season?
(d) Perceived future abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final score of the first game played by the Patriots in the 2003 season?
2. What do players wear to The Combine?
3. Which players are up for discussion during the team's evaluation meeting following the 2002 season?
4. Which columnist supports the decision to dismiss Lawyer Milloy?
5. Scott Pioli is whose son-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
2. Describe how the Patriots prepare for their 2003 game against the Cowboys.
3. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
4. What factors does Belichick mention as reasons for losing against the Jets 30-17 in 2002?
5. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
6. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
7. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
8. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
9. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
10. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)