|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One talent scout describes the stress of always needing to have ______ ready when discussing the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
(d) Potential talent.
2. How long is the Patriots' winning streak coming into Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(a) 12 games.
(b) 7 games.
(c) 3 games.
(d) 10 games.
3. Why does Belichick refuse Parcells' offer to become Head Coach of the Jets?
(a) He does not like Parcells.
(b) He wants a higher salary.
(c) He wants more control.
(d) He does not like the Jets.
4. Where does the live Draft occur?
(a) New York.
5. What position does Steve Martin play for the Patriots?
(b) Defensive Tackle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which favorite player does Vinatieri notice is absent during Super Bowl XXXVIII?
2. Why does Belichick have to change the practice field for Super Bowl XXXVIII?
3. Coach Belichick proves to be an expert at matching player abilities with their ________.
4. What is the maximum length of time teams can interview players at The Combine?
5. Which of the following players is dismissed following the 2002 season?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
2. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
3. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
4. Describe what Belichick considers to be his policy of "supreme professionalism."
5. How do the Patriots fare against the Bills in December, 2003, and what is the outcome of this ending?
6. What factors does Belichick mention as reasons for losing against the Jets 30-17 in 2002?
7. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
8. Describe the environment during the live draft.
9. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
10. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)