|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many players can a team interview at The Combine?
2. Coach Belichick proves to be an expert at matching player abilities with their ________.
(b) Price tags.
3. How long is the Patriots' winning streak coming into Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(a) 12 games.
(b) 3 games.
(c) 7 games.
(d) 10 games.
4. Which of the following player characteristics do Belichick and his staff not discuss following the 2002 season?
(a) Perceived future abilities.
5. What do players wear to The Combine?
(b) T-shirts and leggings.
(c) Full uniforms.
(d) Shorts and assigned numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Belichick contribute the 2002 loss to the Jets?
2. A __________ candidate must be able to be quantified using a uniform grading system.
3. The Jets victory against what team ends the Patriots' wild card chance for the playoffs?
4. What does Belichick do following the 2002 season before returning to evaluate the team?
5. In November, 2003, Belichick has ___ consecutive wins under his belt.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
2. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
3. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
4. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
5. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
6. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
7. How do the Patriots fare against the Bills in December, 2003, and what is the outcome of this ending?
8. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
9. What factors does Belichick mention as reasons for losing against the Jets 30-17 in 2002?
10. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)