|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom Brady feel he acts around strangers?
2. On the player dimension scale of 1 to 9, what is threshold for selecting a player?
3. Against whom was win number 9 for the Patriots in the 2003 season?
(a) The Dolphins.
(b) The Bills.
(c) The Colts.
(d) The Panthers.
4. When Belichick and his Patriots play the Cowboys in 2003, Belichick and Parcells have not met face to face since _____.
5. What is the final score of the first game played by the Patriots in the 2003 season?
(a) 24-7 Patriots.
(b) 24-7 in favor of the opponent.
(c) 31-0 Patriots.
(d) 31-0 in favor of the opponent.
Short Answer Questions
1. A __________ candidate must be able to be quantified using a uniform grading system.
2. What do behavior, athletic ability, learning, durability, and competitiveness have in common?
3. Coach Belichick proves to be an expert at matching player abilities with their ________.
4. Who is the backup Quarterback for Tom Brady in Super Bowl XXXVIII?
5. What does the threshold that players must meet to be considered by the Patriots mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the most important factors and skills a Quarterback can posses? Which Patriot player embodies these characteristics?
2. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
3. How many new players do the Patriots have in 2002, and how do these new players work out?
4. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
5. How does the January 26, 2004, event at Reliant Arena highlight the Patriots' position as insiders?
6. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
7. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
8. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
9. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
10. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)