|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do coaches physically arrange names when planning for the draft?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On a black board.
(c) On a magnet board.
(d) On a white board.
2. Where does the live Draft occur?
(d) New York.
3. Which member of Belichick's staff had not worked with Parcells while with the Jets?
(a) Tom Brady.
(b) Romeo Crennel.
(c) Charlie Weis.
(d) Scott Pioli.
4. After discussing the players following the 2002 season, what type of view does the author say that Belichick and his staff develop regarding the team?
5. Coach Belichick proves to be an expert at matching player abilities with their ________.
(a) Price tags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the threshold that players must meet to be considered by the Patriots mean?
2. The Patriots have an 8-6 record going against the Jets in 2002 and have to win the next __ game(s) to guarantee making the playoffs.
3. Belichick develops his team by rewarding _____.
4. What type of player takes a toll on the team?
5. What is the maximum length of time teams can interview players at The Combine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What position does Scott Pioli hold, and what is his responsibility?
2. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
3. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
4. After a short trip away with his family, which players are due for evaluation during Belichick's team evaluation meeting, and which players are dismissed?
5. What factors does Belichick mention as reasons for losing against the Jets 30-17 in 2002?
6. How do the Patriots fare against the Bills in December, 2003, and what is the outcome of this ending?
7. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
8. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
9. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
10. What does Belichick expect during the end-of-season meeting following the Jets' game?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)