|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do behavior, athletic ability, learning, durability, and competitiveness have in common?
(a) They are ways that Belichick evaluates his competitors.
(b) They are characteristics of Belichick's children.
(c) They are factors taken into account when selecting players.
(d) They are adjectives.
2. When Belichick and his Patriots play the Cowboys in 2003, Belichick and Parcells have not met face to face since _____.
3. The author describes the 2002 Patriots as ___________.
4. Tom Brady thinks the Patriots can go undefeated in the 2002 season after an opening victory against which team?
5. The Patriots have an 8-6 record going against the Jets in 2002 and have to win the next __ game(s) to guarantee making the playoffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on TV while the Patriots are participating in the Draft?
2. What does the threshold that players must meet to be considered by the Patriots mean?
3. Which players are up for discussion during the team's evaluation meeting following the 2002 season?
4. Which of the following policies does Belichick adopt in regards to the Patriots?
5. What does Belichick do following the 2002 season before returning to evaluate the team?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Tom Brady, how does the Patriots' 2002 season begin?
2. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
3. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
4. Describe how the Patriots prepare for their 2003 game against the Cowboys.
5. Describe the feeling of the squad meeting on the Monday following the Jets game.
6. Describe the environment during the live draft.
7. How honestly do players respond to interview questions during the draft process?
8. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
9. Describe how Super Bowl XXXVIII plays out.
10. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)