|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the backup Quarterback for Tom Brady in Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(a) Robert Kraft.
(b) Damon Huard.
(c) Benjamin Johnson.
(d) Drew Bledsoe
2. Which of the following is NOT responsible for conducting interviews at The Combine?
(a) Current players.
(b) General Managers.
3. The Jets victory against what team ends the Patriots' wild card chance for the playoffs?
4. One talent scout describes the stress of always needing to have ______ ready when discussing the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
(b) Potential talent.
5. On what do the Patriots focus during The Combine in 2003?
(a) Balance and speed.
(b) Character and intelligence.
(c) Peformance and strength.
(d) Determination and honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who satisfies the skills criteria required by the Patriots for a quarterback?
2. After the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in 2003, the Denver coach says he is ________.
3. Which member of Belichick's staff had not worked with Parcells while with the Jets?
4. Why is Steve Martin fired by the Patriots?
5. How many questions does Belichick ask his players about the Cowboys before their game in 2003?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in November, 2003.
2. Describe the conversation between Tom Brady and Damon Huard the night before Super Bowl XXXVIII.
3. What makes the 2002 Patriots more "coachable" according to the text?
4. What traits must a scout possess? What do they discuss when choosing a player?
5. What types of groupings do scouts use to categorize players and to grade their dimensions?
6. How does Belichick evaluate his coaches at the end of the 2002 season?
7. Describe the phenomenon of The Combine.
8. Do the Patriots go to the Super Bowl in 2003? Why or why not?
9. When the Patriots play the Cowboys in November, 2003, how long has it been since Belichick has been face-to-face with Bill Parcells? How does their meeting play out?
10. Describe the incident regarding pay with Lawyer Miller, and explain how it ends.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)