|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what college team is Belichick's father, Steve, the assistant coach?
(a) Notre Dame.
(b) Andover Wesleyan.
(c) University of Oklahoma.
(d) U.S. Naval Academy.
2. What do Scott Pioli and Belichick discuss on the plane home from Super Bowl XXXVI?
(a) The next season.
(b) How they do not like Kurt Warner.
(c) Which players to cut.
(d) Their win over the Rams.
3. Who do Belichick and Rehbein choose as a backup Quarterback for the Patriots in the 2000 draft?
(a) Tom Brady.
(b) Vince Young.
(c) Drew Bledsoe.
(d) Eli Manning.
4. Mike Martz is a ___________ scholar.
(a) Civil War.
5. Why does Bill Parcells leave the New England Patriots in 1997?
(a) Because he is constantly losing games.
(b) Because he is offered a better position.
(c) Because of tensions with Robert Kraft.
(d) Because of tensions with Bill Belichick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for finding "the right kind of players" for the Patriots?
2. Belichick is a strong believer in ___________-based rewards.
3. Who makes the only score in the third quarter of Super Bowl XXXVI?
4. In 1979, what team hires Belichick as their Special Teams Coach?
5. What position does Adam Vinatieri play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which new Quarterback do the Patriots draft in the 2000 Draft? How does this Quarterback perform?
2. What type of information does the author obtain about the Patriots, and how is he able to obtain this information?
3. What is the Patriots' game plan and strategy going into the 2001 Super Bowl?
4. How does the author interact with the team during meetings?
5. Describe the relationship between Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft.
6. What type of football background does Kraft have and where does he work after graduating college?
7. With whom does Kraft replace Parcells, and why does Kraft come to regret this decision?
8. What does Belichick do to combat what he considers to be "just bad football" at the beginning of the Patriots' 2002 season?
9. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
10. Describe Belichick's attitude about feedback from his staff, and how he has developed this attitude.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)