|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Belichick is hired by the New England Patriots, how is leadership and morale?
(a) There is leadership and high morale.
(b) There is no leadership and morale is low.
(c) There is no leadership but high morale.
(d) There is leadership but no morale.
2. What does Belichick stress above all else during the 2002 Patriots' season?
(a) Complicated strategy.
(d) Special teams.
3. How does the author behave when attending closed-door meetings?
(a) The author does not attend the meetings.
(b) The author asks questions.
(c) The author attempts to blend in.
(d) The author is loud and boisterous.
4. Who does Scott Pioli refer to as ambulance chasers?
(a) Free agents.
(b) Football coaches.
(c) Bill Belichick.
5. Belichick is a strong believer in ___________-based rewards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Belichick given when Parcells leaves the Patriots?
2. What team does Mike Martz coach?
3. Why does Belichick find it difficult to maintain an authority relationship with the players while working for the New York Jets?
4. How far in advance does Belichick prepare for press conferences?
5. From whom does the author receive authorization to write this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Belichick do to combat what he considers to be "just bad football" at the beginning of the Patriots' 2002 season?
2. How does the author interact with the team during meetings?
3. With whom does Kraft replace Parcells, and why does Kraft come to regret this decision?
4. How does the author obtain information about the Patriots?
5. Who is Mike Martz and what is his philosophy about football?
6. How, and when, does Tom Brady become the starting Quarterback for the New England Patriots?
7. What is the deciding factor in Super Bowl XXXVI?
8. To what does Belichick attribute losing his first head coach interview in 1989, and what has he learned since regarding this deficiency?
9. What type of football background does Kraft have and where does he work after graduating college?
10. Who is Scott Pioli and what do his job responsibilities include?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)