|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Patriots lost to the Jets in 2002 by what score?
2. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
3. What injury does Tom Brady sustain during the 2002 season?
(a) A torn ACL.
(b) Turf toe.
(c) A separated shoulder.
(d) A broken collar bone.
4. To what does Belichick contribute the 2002 loss to the Jets?
(a) Too many penalties.
(b) Lazy offensive.
(c) Poor coverage.
5. Which aspect of potential drafts is not discussed by scouts?
(d) Communication skills.
6. After the Patriots win their 2003 game against the Cowboys, Belichick meets Parcells with _____.
(a) A first fight.
(b) A hug.
(c) A glare.
(d) Angry words.
7. Belichick attempts to build his team based on a ______ structure.
(b) High pay.
8. On what do the Patriots focus during The Combine in 2003?
(a) Peformance and strength.
(b) Determination and honesty.
(c) Balance and speed.
(d) Character and intelligence.
9. The Jets victory against what team ends the Patriots' wild card chance for the playoffs?
10. How many questions does Belichick ask his players about the Cowboys before their game in 2003?
11. A __________ candidate must be able to be quantified using a uniform grading system.
12. What type of player takes a toll on the team?
(a) High maintenance.
(b) High leadership.
(c) High performance.
(d) High energy.
13. Which sports use The Combine to select players?
(a) Only football.
(b) Football and baseball.
(c) Football and basketball.
(d) Only soccer.
14. Belichick develops his team by rewarding _____.
15. What team plays against the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(a) The Seahawks.
(b) The Giants.
(c) The Panthers.
(d) The Redskins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides common characteristics, what type of additional skill is evaluated?
2. After the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in 2003, the Denver coach says he is ________.
3. What is the final score of the first game played by the Patriots in the 2003 season?
4. Which member of Belichick's staff had not worked with Parcells while with the Jets?
5. Why does Belichick refuse Parcells' offer to become Head Coach of the Jets?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)