|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aside from strengths and weaknesses, what does Belichick note about the players he evaluates following the 2002 season?
(b) Mental errors.
(d) Physical weakness.
2. How many players can a team interview at The Combine?
3. What team plays against the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(a) The Seahawks.
(b) The Redskins.
(c) The Giants.
(d) The Panthers.
4. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
5. Belichick does not want to hear _________ during the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
6. On what do the Patriots focus during The Combine in 2003?
(a) Balance and speed.
(b) Character and intelligence.
(c) Determination and honesty.
(d) Peformance and strength.
7. The Patriots lost to the Jets in 2002 by what score?
8. Tom Jackson makes a comment on ESPN that the Patriots ________.
(a) "Love their team."
(b) "Are prepared for the Super Bowl."
(c) "Hate their coach."
(d) "Want a new quarterback."
9. With whom does Scott Pioli work closely when selecting players?
(a) The owner.
(b) The quarterback.
(c) The NFL.
(d) Talent scouts.
10. According to the author, with whom is Tom Jackson friends?
(a) Romeo Crennel.
(b) Bill Belichick.
(c) Bill Parcells.
(d) Drew Bledsoe.
11. Who satisfies the skills criteria required by the Patriots for a quarterback?
(a) Tom Brady.
(b) Romeo Crennel.
(c) Drew Bledsoe.
(d) Bill Belichick.
12. Why does Belichick refuse Parcells' offer to become Head Coach of the Jets?
(a) He does not like the Jets.
(b) He wants a higher salary.
(c) He wants more control.
(d) He does not like Parcells.
13. How many questions does Belichick ask his players about the Cowboys before their game in 2003?
14. What do players wear to The Combine?
(a) T-shirts and leggings.
(b) Full uniforms.
(d) Shorts and assigned numbers.
15. When do the Patriots score their final points against the Dolphins in 2002?
(a) The 4th quarter.
(b) The 3rd quarter.
(c) In overtime.
(d) The 2nd quarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Brady thinks the Patriots can go undefeated in the 2002 season after an opening victory against which team?
2. Scott Pioli is whose son-in-law?
3. What does Belichick do following the 2002 season before returning to evaluate the team?
4. What do behavior, athletic ability, learning, durability, and competitiveness have in common?
5. Who do the Patriots beat 31-0 in 2003 to advance to the Super Bowl?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)