|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author describes the 2002 Patriots as ___________.
2. What type of meeting does Belichick hold on the Monday following the Jets game?
3. How long is the Patriots' winning streak coming into Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(a) 12 games.
(b) 10 games.
(c) 7 games.
(d) 3 games.
4. What is the winning play of Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(a) A safety.
(b) A two-point conversion.
(c) A field goal.
(d) A touchdown.
5. In November, 2003, Belichick has ___ consecutive wins under his belt.
6. When do the Patriots score their final points against the Dolphins in 2002?
(a) In overtime.
(b) The 3rd quarter.
(c) The 4th quarter.
(d) The 2nd quarter.
7. Which of the following is not a skill required by the Patriots when looking for a quarterback?
(d) Hard working.
8. One talent scout describes the stress of always needing to have ______ ready when discussing the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
(d) Potential talent.
9. After the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in 2003, the Denver coach says he is ________.
10. Which of the following player characteristics do Belichick and his staff not discuss following the 2002 season?
(d) Perceived future abilities.
11. Belichick notices an alarming parallel between the '03 _________ and the '01 Patriots.
12. What is on TV while the Patriots are participating in the Draft?
(b) Films of players.
13. Which of the following players is dismissed following the 2002 season?
(a) Adam Vinatieri.
(b) Patrick Pass.
(c) Tom Brady.
(d) Drew Bledsoe.
14. What does Tom Brady listen to on his iPod on the morning of Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(a) His own recorded voice.
(b) Belichick's advice.
(c) Bible verses.
(d) Motivational music.
15. With five minutes left in the first half of Super Bowl XXXVIII, the Patriots ___________.
(a) Kick off.
(b) Allow a sack.
(c) Score a touchdown.
(d) Turn over the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scott Pioli is whose son-in-law?
2. Who do the Patriots beat 31-0 in 2003 to advance to the Super Bowl?
3. Why does Belichick refuse Parcells' offer to become Head Coach of the Jets?
4. Which sports use The Combine to select players?
5. Coach Belichick proves to be an expert at matching player abilities with their ________.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)