|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage pay cut is Lawyer Milloy offered?
2. What is the final score of the first game played by the Patriots in the 2003 season?
(a) 31-0 in favor of the opponent.
(b) 24-7 in favor of the opponent.
(c) 31-0 Patriots.
(d) 24-7 Patriots.
3. A __________ candidate must be able to be quantified using a uniform grading system.
4. Belichick attempts to build his team based on a ______ structure.
(b) High pay.
5. What does Belichick do following the 2002 season before returning to evaluate the team?
(a) Goes to the mountains to think.
(b) Takes a trip with his family.
(c) Has a strong drink.
(d) He immediately starts on his evaluation.
6. Scott Pioli is whose son-in-law?
(a) Robert Kraft.
(b) Bill Parcells.
(c) Romeo Crennel.
(d) Bill Belichick.
7. What is the maximum length of time teams can interview players at The Combine?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) There is no limit.
(d) 30 minutes.
8. Who scores during the winning play against the Miami Dolphins towards the end of the 2002 season?
(c) Ula Tuitiele.
9. Which of the following player characteristics do Belichick and his staff not discuss following the 2002 season?
(d) Perceived future abilities.
10. Which of the following players is dismissed following the 2002 season?
(a) Tom Brady.
(b) Patrick Pass.
(c) Adam Vinatieri.
(d) Drew Bledsoe.
11. The Patriots lost to the Jets in 2002 by what score?
12. Coach Belichick proves to be an expert at matching player abilities with their ________.
(c) Price tags.
13. After the Patriots win their 2003 game against the Cowboys, Belichick meets Parcells with _____.
(a) A glare.
(b) A first fight.
(c) A hug.
(d) Angry words.
14. How do the Patriots' Coaches predict how the Cowboys' players will react to plays?
(a) Using statistics.
(b) By asking the Cowboys.
(c) By watching Cowboys films.
(d) By coming up with random scenarios.
15. With five minutes left in the first half of Super Bowl XXXVIII, the Patriots ___________.
(a) Kick off.
(b) Turn over the ball.
(c) Allow a sack.
(d) Score a touchdown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belichick have to change the practice field for Super Bowl XXXVIII?
2. Tom Brady thinks the Patriots can go undefeated in the 2002 season after an opening victory against which team?
3. Tom Jackson makes a comment on ESPN that the Patriots ________.
4. Which columnist supports the decision to dismiss Lawyer Milloy?
5. After discussing the players following the 2002 season, what type of view does the author say that Belichick and his staff develop regarding the team?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)