|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of opinions must scouts possess?
(a) Influenced opinions.
(b) Proven opinions.
(c) Clear opinions.
(d) Mild opinions.
2. What does Belichick do following the 2002 season before returning to evaluate the team?
(a) He immediately starts on his evaluation.
(b) Has a strong drink.
(c) Goes to the mountains to think.
(d) Takes a trip with his family.
3. Which of the following is NOT responsible for conducting interviews at The Combine?
(a) Current players.
(d) General Managers.
4. Besides common characteristics, what type of additional skill is evaluated?
(a) Fashion skills.
(b) Elementary skill based.
(c) Psychologically proven.
5. Where is The Combine held?
6. What do behavior, athletic ability, learning, durability, and competitiveness have in common?
(a) They are ways that Belichick evaluates his competitors.
(b) They are factors taken into account when selecting players.
(c) They are adjectives.
(d) They are characteristics of Belichick's children.
7. Belichick notices an alarming parallel between the '03 _________ and the '01 Patriots.
8. In November, 2003, Belichick has ___ consecutive wins under his belt.
9. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
10. After discussing the players following the 2002 season, what type of view does the author say that Belichick and his staff develop regarding the team?
11. Aside from strengths and weaknesses, what does Belichick note about the players he evaluates following the 2002 season?
(b) Mental errors.
(c) Physical weakness.
12. What does the threshold that players must meet to be considered by the Patriots mean?
(a) They are a proven player with a proven record.
(b) They are capable of a solid performance with room for growth.
(c) They are an average player with little potential.
(d) They are an overachieving player past their prime.
13. How long is the Patriots' winning streak coming into Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(a) 3 games.
(b) 12 games.
(c) 7 games.
(d) 10 games.
14. The Patriots lost to the Jets in 2002 by what score?
15. What is the maximum length of time teams can interview players at The Combine?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) There is no limit.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final score of the first game played by the Patriots in the 2003 season?
2. When do the Patriots score their final points against the Dolphins in 2002?
3. Who do the Patriots beat 31-0 in 2003 to advance to the Super Bowl?
4. Which players are up for discussion during the team's evaluation meeting following the 2002 season?
5. What do players wear to The Combine?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)