|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do behavior, athletic ability, learning, durability, and competitiveness have in common?
(a) They are characteristics of Belichick's children.
(b) They are factors taken into account when selecting players.
(c) They are adjectives.
(d) They are ways that Belichick evaluates his competitors.
2. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
3. How many players can a team interview at The Combine?
4. Where is The Combine held?
5. One talent scout describes the stress of always needing to have ______ ready when discussing the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
(c) Potential talent.
6. How many games does Belichick have each of his coaches review in order for him to critique their evaluations?
7. How many new players do the Patriots add in 2002?
8. What is the maximum length of time teams can interview players at The Combine?
(a) There is no limit.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
9. Scott Pioli is whose son-in-law?
(a) Robert Kraft.
(b) Bill Belichick.
(c) Bill Parcells.
(d) Romeo Crennel.
10. Who do the Patriots play in the first game of the 2003 season?
11. Which sports use The Combine to select players?
(a) Only soccer.
(b) Football and baseball.
(c) Football and basketball.
(d) Only football.
12. After the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in 2003, the Denver coach says he is ________.
13. George H. W. Bush and Bill Belichick attend what school together?
(a) Phillips Academy.
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) Andover Wesleyan.
(d) Naval Academy.
14. What type of opinions must scouts possess?
(a) Influenced opinions.
(b) Clear opinions.
(c) Mild opinions.
(d) Proven opinions.
15. Which of the following players is dismissed following the 2002 season?
(a) Tom Brady.
(b) Adam Vinatieri.
(c) Drew Bledsoe.
(d) Patrick Pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following player characteristics do Belichick and his staff not discuss following the 2002 season?
2. How does Tom Brady feel he acts around strangers?
3. Belichick notices an alarming parallel between the '03 _________ and the '01 Patriots.
4. Who scores during the winning play against the Miami Dolphins towards the end of the 2002 season?
5. Who is the backup Quarterback for Tom Brady in Super Bowl XXXVIII?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)