|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Belichick want to do after the 2002 season to make the team work better?
(a) Hire new advisors.
(b) Overhaul the team.
(c) Introduce new training.
(d) Get a new quarterback.
2. What does Belichick do following the 2002 season before returning to evaluate the team?
(a) He immediately starts on his evaluation.
(b) Has a strong drink.
(c) Goes to the mountains to think.
(d) Takes a trip with his family.
3. Belichick attempts to build his team based on a ______ structure.
(b) High pay.
4. Why does Belichick refuse Parcells' offer to become Head Coach of the Jets?
(a) He wants more control.
(b) He wants a higher salary.
(c) He does not like the Jets.
(d) He does not like Parcells.
5. What injury does Tom Brady sustain during the 2002 season?
(a) A broken collar bone.
(b) A separated shoulder.
(c) A torn ACL.
(d) Turf toe.
6. Coach Belichick proves to be an expert at matching player abilities with their ________.
(b) Price tags.
7. How many questions does Belichick ask his players about the Cowboys before their game in 2003?
8. Which member of Belichick's staff had not worked with Parcells while with the Jets?
(a) Charlie Weis.
(b) Tom Brady.
(c) Scott Pioli.
(d) Romeo Crennel.
9. The author describes the 2002 Patriots as ___________.
10. What type of player takes a toll on the team?
(a) High performance.
(b) High energy.
(c) High maintenance.
(d) High leadership.
11. According to the author, with whom is Tom Jackson friends?
(a) Bill Belichick.
(b) Bill Parcells.
(c) Drew Bledsoe.
(d) Romeo Crennel.
12. The Jets victory against what team ends the Patriots' wild card chance for the playoffs?
13. Why is Steve Martin fired by the Patriots?
(a) His disparaging comments to the press.
(b) His performance.
(c) His salary requirements.
(d) His shyness.
14. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
15. Against whom was win number 9 for the Patriots in the 2003 season?
(a) The Colts.
(b) The Bills.
(c) The Panthers.
(d) The Dolphins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Patriots play in the first game of the 2003 season?
2. What does Tom Brady listen to on his iPod on the morning of Super Bowl XXXVIII?
3. Who do the Patriots beat 31-0 in 2003 to advance to the Super Bowl?
4. What type of opinions must scouts possess?
5. George H. W. Bush and Bill Belichick attend what school together?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)