|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of player takes a toll on the team?
(a) High maintenance.
(b) High energy.
(c) High performance.
(d) High leadership.
2. Who do the Patriots beat 31-0 in 2003 to advance to the Super Bowl?
(a) The Panthers.
(b) The Colts.
(c) The Bills.
(d) The Dolphins.
3. Which columnist supports the decision to dismiss Lawyer Milloy?
(a) Rush Limbaugh.
(b) Howard Stern.
(c) Randy Cross.
(d) Jim Donovan.
4. How does Belichick feel following the 2003 Draft?
5. Who satisfies the skills criteria required by the Patriots for a quarterback?
(a) Tom Brady.
(b) Romeo Crennel.
(c) Bill Belichick.
(d) Drew Bledsoe.
6. On what do the Patriots focus during The Combine in 2003?
(a) Determination and honesty.
(b) Character and intelligence.
(c) Peformance and strength.
(d) Balance and speed.
7. Tom Brady thinks the Patriots can go undefeated in the 2002 season after an opening victory against which team?
8. What is the final score of the first game played by the Patriots in the 2003 season?
(a) 31-0 in favor of the opponent.
(b) 24-7 in favor of the opponent.
(c) 24-7 Patriots.
(d) 31-0 Patriots.
9. How do the Patriots' Coaches predict how the Cowboys' players will react to plays?
(a) By coming up with random scenarios.
(b) By watching Cowboys films.
(c) By asking the Cowboys.
(d) Using statistics.
10. Who feels vulnerable during the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
(a) High paid players.
(c) Tom Brady.
(d) Low performers.
11. When do the Patriots score their final points against the Dolphins in 2002?
(a) The 4th quarter.
(b) In overtime.
(c) The 2nd quarter.
(d) The 3rd quarter.
12. The author describes the 2002 Patriots as ___________.
13. What does Belichick do following the 2002 season before returning to evaluate the team?
(a) He immediately starts on his evaluation.
(b) Takes a trip with his family.
(c) Goes to the mountains to think.
(d) Has a strong drink.
14. A __________ candidate must be able to be quantified using a uniform grading system.
15. Which favorite player does Vinatieri notice is absent during Super Bowl XXXVIII?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do behavior, athletic ability, learning, durability, and competitiveness have in common?
2. After discussing the players following the 2002 season, what type of view does the author say that Belichick and his staff develop regarding the team?
3. What does the threshold that players must meet to be considered by the Patriots mean?
4. Where do coaches physically arrange names when planning for the draft?
5. How many questions does Belichick ask his players about the Cowboys before their game in 2003?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)