|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of opinions must scouts possess?
(a) Proven opinions.
(b) Clear opinions.
(c) Mild opinions.
(d) Influenced opinions.
2. How many new players do the Patriots add in 2002?
3. What do players wear to The Combine?
(a) Full uniforms.
(b) Shorts and assigned numbers.
(c) T-shirts and leggings.
4. Which favorite player does Vinatieri notice is absent during Super Bowl XXXVIII?
5. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
6. Coach Belichick proves to be an expert at matching player abilities with their ________.
(c) Price tags.
7. Who do the Patriots beat 31-0 in 2003 to advance to the Super Bowl?
(a) The Bills.
(b) The Colts.
(c) The Dolphins.
(d) The Panthers.
8. What is the room called in which the coaches prepare for the actual player draft?
(a) Draft Room.
(b) Coaches Room.
(c) Planning Room.
(d) Player Room.
9. What is on TV while the Patriots are participating in the Draft?
(a) Films of players.
10. On the player dimension scale of 1 to 9, what is threshold for selecting a player?
11. Belichick attempts to build his team based on a ______ structure.
(b) High pay.
12. What type of meeting does Belichick hold on the Monday following the Jets game?
13. How does Tom Brady feel he acts around strangers?
14. Who scores during the winning play against the Miami Dolphins towards the end of the 2002 season?
(c) Ula Tuitiele.
15. Which sports use The Combine to select players?
(a) Football and baseball.
(b) Football and basketball.
(c) Only football.
(d) Only soccer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Belichick's staff had not worked with Parcells while with the Jets?
2. Which aspect of potential drafts is not discussed by scouts?
3. After the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in 2003, the Denver coach says he is ________.
4. Belichick expects his players to play _______.
5. What type of player takes a toll on the team?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)