|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what do the Patriots focus during The Combine in 2003?
(a) Peformance and strength.
(b) Character and intelligence.
(c) Balance and speed.
(d) Determination and honesty.
2. Who do the Patriots beat 31-0 in 2003 to advance to the Super Bowl?
(a) The Panthers.
(b) The Bills.
(c) The Colts.
(d) The Dolphins.
3. What do behavior, athletic ability, learning, durability, and competitiveness have in common?
(a) They are adjectives.
(b) They are ways that Belichick evaluates his competitors.
(c) They are factors taken into account when selecting players.
(d) They are characteristics of Belichick's children.
4. Scott Pioli is whose son-in-law?
(a) Robert Kraft.
(b) Bill Belichick.
(c) Bill Parcells.
(d) Romeo Crennel.
5. Against whom was win number 9 for the Patriots in the 2003 season?
(a) The Colts.
(b) The Bills.
(c) The Dolphins.
(d) The Panthers.
6. Who do the Patriots play in the first game of the 2003 season?
7. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
8. Who satisfies the skills criteria required by the Patriots for a quarterback?
(a) Romeo Crennel.
(b) Drew Bledsoe.
(c) Bill Belichick.
(d) Tom Brady.
9. On the player dimension scale of 1 to 9, what is threshold for selecting a player?
10. Which columnist supports the decision to dismiss Lawyer Milloy?
(a) Howard Stern.
(b) Jim Donovan.
(c) Rush Limbaugh.
(d) Randy Cross.
11. What type of player takes a toll on the team?
(a) High leadership.
(b) High maintenance.
(c) High performance.
(d) High energy.
12. How does Belichick feel following the 2003 Draft?
13. How many questions does Belichick ask his players about the Cowboys before their game in 2003?
14. Which of the following player characteristics do Belichick and his staff not discuss following the 2002 season?
(d) Perceived future abilities.
15. Tom Brady thinks the Patriots can go undefeated in the 2002 season after an opening victory against which team?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sports use The Combine to select players?
2. What type of meeting does Belichick hold on the Monday following the Jets game?
3. Tom Jackson makes a comment on ESPN that the Patriots ________.
4. When do the Patriots score their final points against the Dolphins in 2002?
5. What is the maximum length of time teams can interview players at The Combine?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)