|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Scott Pioli work closely when selecting players?
(a) The owner.
(b) The NFL.
(c) The quarterback.
(d) Talent scouts.
2. When do the Patriots score their final points against the Dolphins in 2002?
(a) The 4th quarter.
(b) In overtime.
(c) The 3rd quarter.
(d) The 2nd quarter.
3. Who do the Patriots beat 31-0 in 2003 to advance to the Super Bowl?
(a) The Bills.
(b) The Panthers.
(c) The Dolphins.
(d) The Colts.
4. How long is the Patriots' winning streak coming into Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(a) 7 games.
(b) 3 games.
(c) 12 games.
(d) 10 games.
5. What type of opinions must scouts possess?
(a) Mild opinions.
(b) Clear opinions.
(c) Proven opinions.
(d) Influenced opinions.
6. What do players wear to The Combine?
(a) Shorts and assigned numbers.
(c) Full uniforms.
(d) T-shirts and leggings.
7. What is the maximum length of time teams can interview players at The Combine?
(a) There is no limit.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
8. Which of the following players is dismissed following the 2002 season?
(a) Patrick Pass.
(b) Tom Brady.
(c) Adam Vinatieri.
(d) Drew Bledsoe.
9. On the player dimension scale of 1 to 9, what is threshold for selecting a player?
10. In November, 2003, Belichick has ___ consecutive wins under his belt.
11. Where is The Combine held?
12. Belichick expects his players to play _______.
(a) Well enough.
(b) Like they have in the past.
(c) To the best of their abilities.
(d) According to their salary expectations.
13. On what do the Patriots focus during The Combine in 2003?
(a) Balance and speed.
(b) Character and intelligence.
(c) Determination and honesty.
(d) Peformance and strength.
14. Where does the live Draft occur?
(b) New York.
15. When Belichick and his Patriots play the Cowboys in 2003, Belichick and Parcells have not met face to face since _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. After discussing the players following the 2002 season, what type of view does the author say that Belichick and his staff develop regarding the team?
2. The Jets victory against what team ends the Patriots' wild card chance for the playoffs?
3. The Patriots have an 8-6 record going against the Jets in 2002 and have to win the next __ game(s) to guarantee making the playoffs.
4. Belichick does not want to hear _________ during the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
5. Tom Jackson makes a comment on ESPN that the Patriots ________.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)