|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who satisfies the skills criteria required by the Patriots for a quarterback?
(a) Tom Brady.
(b) Romeo Crennel.
(c) Bill Belichick.
(d) Drew Bledsoe.
2. The Jets victory against what team ends the Patriots' wild card chance for the playoffs?
3. What is the maximum length of time teams can interview players at The Combine?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) There is no limit.
(d) 30 minutes.
4. After the Patriots win their 2003 game against the Cowboys, Belichick meets Parcells with _____.
(a) A first fight.
(b) A glare.
(c) A hug.
(d) Angry words.
5. In November, 2003, Belichick has ___ consecutive wins under his belt.
6. Which players are up for discussion during the team's evaluation meeting following the 2002 season?
(a) Special teams only.
(b) The offense only.
(c) The defense only.
(d) All players.
7. Which sports use The Combine to select players?
(a) Football and basketball.
(b) Football and baseball.
(c) Only football.
(d) Only soccer.
8. What does Belichick want to do after the 2002 season to make the team work better?
(a) Hire new advisors.
(b) Introduce new training.
(c) Get a new quarterback.
(d) Overhaul the team.
9. What injury does Tom Brady sustain during the 2002 season?
(a) A separated shoulder.
(b) Turf toe.
(c) A torn ACL.
(d) A broken collar bone.
10. The author describes the 2002 Patriots as ___________.
11. Which columnist supports the decision to dismiss Lawyer Milloy?
(a) Rush Limbaugh.
(b) Randy Cross.
(c) Howard Stern.
(d) Jim Donovan.
12. Why does Belichick refuse Parcells' offer to become Head Coach of the Jets?
(a) He wants a higher salary.
(b) He does not like the Jets.
(c) He wants more control.
(d) He does not like Parcells.
13. Which of the following player characteristics do Belichick and his staff not discuss following the 2002 season?
(a) Perceived future abilities.
14. Coach Belichick proves to be an expert at matching player abilities with their ________.
(c) Price tags.
15. After discussing the players following the 2002 season, what type of view does the author say that Belichick and his staff develop regarding the team?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the Patriots' winning streak coming into Super Bowl XXXVIII?
2. Which member of Belichick's staff had not worked with Parcells while with the Jets?
3. Why does Belichick have to change the practice field for Super Bowl XXXVIII?
4. Aside from strengths and weaknesses, what does Belichick note about the players he evaluates following the 2002 season?
5. How does Belichick feel following the 2003 Draft?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)