|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After discussing the players following the 2002 season, what type of view does the author say that Belichick and his staff develop regarding the team?
2. One talent scout describes the stress of always needing to have ______ ready when discussing the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
(b) Potential talent.
3. To what does Belichick contribute the 2002 loss to the Jets?
(a) Lazy offensive.
(c) Poor coverage.
(d) Too many penalties.
4. George H. W. Bush and Bill Belichick attend what school together?
(a) Notre Dame.
(b) Phillips Academy.
(c) Andover Wesleyan.
(d) Naval Academy.
5. Belichick develops his team by rewarding _____.
6. Who feels vulnerable during the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
(a) High paid players.
(b) Tom Brady.
(d) Low performers.
7. What team plays against the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVIII?
(a) The Giants.
(b) The Panthers.
(c) The Seahawks.
(d) The Redskins.
8. How do the Patriots' Coaches predict how the Cowboys' players will react to plays?
(a) By watching Cowboys films.
(b) Using statistics.
(c) By coming up with random scenarios.
(d) By asking the Cowboys.
9. What does Belichick do following the 2002 season before returning to evaluate the team?
(a) Goes to the mountains to think.
(b) Has a strong drink.
(c) Takes a trip with his family.
(d) He immediately starts on his evaluation.
10. Besides common characteristics, what type of additional skill is evaluated?
(a) Psychologically proven.
(b) Elementary skill based.
(c) Fashion skills.
11. When do the Patriots score their final points against the Dolphins in 2002?
(a) In overtime.
(b) The 2nd quarter.
(c) The 3rd quarter.
(d) The 4th quarter.
12. At what record do the Patriots begin to get what Holley terms "last year nostalgia?"
13. Against whom was win number 9 for the Patriots in the 2003 season?
(a) The Dolphins.
(b) The Colts.
(c) The Panthers.
(d) The Bills.
14. How many questions does Belichick ask his players about the Cowboys before their game in 2003?
15. Where does the live Draft occur?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a skill required by the Patriots when looking for a quarterback?
2. Which member of Belichick's staff had not worked with Parcells while with the Jets?
3. Which of the following player characteristics do Belichick and his staff not discuss following the 2002 season?
4. Coach Belichick proves to be an expert at matching player abilities with their ________.
5. Tom Brady thinks the Patriots can go undefeated in the 2002 season after an opening victory against which team?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)