|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the live Draft occur?
(d) New York.
2. What does the threshold that players must meet to be considered by the Patriots mean?
(a) They are an overachieving player past their prime.
(b) They are a proven player with a proven record.
(c) They are capable of a solid performance with room for growth.
(d) They are an average player with little potential.
3. Why does Belichick refuse Parcells' offer to become Head Coach of the Jets?
(a) He wants more control.
(b) He does not like Parcells.
(c) He does not like the Jets.
(d) He wants a higher salary.
4. What do behavior, athletic ability, learning, durability, and competitiveness have in common?
(a) They are ways that Belichick evaluates his competitors.
(b) They are characteristics of Belichick's children.
(c) They are factors taken into account when selecting players.
(d) They are adjectives.
5. What percentage pay cut is Lawyer Milloy offered?
6. Which aspect of potential drafts is not discussed by scouts?
(c) Communication skills.
7. What does Belichick do following the 2002 season before returning to evaluate the team?
(a) He immediately starts on his evaluation.
(b) Has a strong drink.
(c) Takes a trip with his family.
(d) Goes to the mountains to think.
8. A __________ candidate must be able to be quantified using a uniform grading system.
9. What is Parcells' nickname?
(a) The Fatso.
(b) The Big Wig.
(c) The Tuna.
(d) The Alligator.
10. Belichick expects his players to play _______.
(a) Well enough.
(b) Like they have in the past.
(c) According to their salary expectations.
(d) To the best of their abilities.
11. Which favorite player does Vinatieri notice is absent during Super Bowl XXXVIII?
12. On what do the Patriots focus during The Combine in 2003?
(a) Determination and honesty.
(b) Character and intelligence.
(c) Balance and speed.
(d) Peformance and strength.
13. What is the final score of the first game played by the Patriots in the 2003 season?
(a) 24-7 in favor of the opponent.
(b) 24-7 Patriots.
(c) 31-0 Patriots.
(d) 31-0 in favor of the opponent.
14. How many new players do the Patriots add in 2002?
15. How does Belichick feel following the 2003 Draft?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sports use The Combine to select players?
2. When Belichick and his Patriots play the Cowboys in 2003, Belichick and Parcells have not met face to face since _____.
3. After discussing the players following the 2002 season, what type of view does the author say that Belichick and his staff develop regarding the team?
4. Who satisfies the skills criteria required by the Patriots for a quarterback?
5. Which of the following players is dismissed following the 2002 season?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)