|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Belichick contribute the 2002 loss to the Jets?
(a) Poor coverage.
(b) Too many penalties.
(d) Lazy offensive.
2. What is Parcells' nickname?
(a) The Tuna.
(b) The Big Wig.
(c) The Alligator.
(d) The Fatso.
3. Belichick does not want to hear _________ during the meeting on the Monday following the Jets game?
4. Who do the Patriots play in the first game of the 2003 season?
5. How many games does Belichick have each of his coaches review in order for him to critique their evaluations?
6. What do behavior, athletic ability, learning, durability, and competitiveness have in common?
(a) They are ways that Belichick evaluates his competitors.
(b) They are factors taken into account when selecting players.
(c) They are adjectives.
(d) They are characteristics of Belichick's children.
7. Which players are up for discussion during the team's evaluation meeting following the 2002 season?
(a) The offense only.
(b) All players.
(c) Special teams only.
(d) The defense only.
8. Why does Belichick refuse Parcells' offer to become Head Coach of the Jets?
(a) He does not like Parcells.
(b) He wants a higher salary.
(c) He does not like the Jets.
(d) He wants more control.
9. What injury does Tom Brady sustain during the 2002 season?
(a) Turf toe.
(b) A separated shoulder.
(c) A broken collar bone.
(d) A torn ACL.
10. How does Belichick feel following the 2003 Draft?
11. Which sports use The Combine to select players?
(a) Only football.
(b) Only soccer.
(c) Football and baseball.
(d) Football and basketball.
12. Which of the following is NOT responsible for conducting interviews at The Combine?
(b) General Managers.
(d) Current players.
13. After discussing the players following the 2002 season, what type of view does the author say that Belichick and his staff develop regarding the team?
14. How do the Patriots' Coaches predict how the Cowboys' players will react to plays?
(a) By coming up with random scenarios.
(b) Using statistics.
(c) By asking the Cowboys.
(d) By watching Cowboys films.
15. How many players can a team interview at The Combine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Belichick expects his players to play _______.
2. What play is used by the Patriots in their come-from-behind win over the Denver Broncos in 2003?
3. The Jets victory against what team ends the Patriots' wild card chance for the playoffs?
4. Belichick develops his team by rewarding _____.
5. When do the Patriots score their final points against the Dolphins in 2002?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)