|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Marshall Faulk play?
(c) Running Back.
2. Why does Bill Parcells leave the New England Patriots in 1997?
(a) Because of tensions with Bill Belichick.
(b) Because of tensions with Robert Kraft.
(c) Because he is constantly losing games.
(d) Because he is offered a better position.
3. What type of organization is the Patriots franchise?
4. Which quarterback plays in the 2001 AFC championship game?
(a) Drew Bledsoe.
(b) Troy Aikman.
(c) Tom Brady.
(d) Eli Manning.
5. Belichick gives his quarterbacks a __-page test to analyze their reasoning.
6. What team do the Patriots play on December 8, 2002, in Foxboro?
(b) Buffalo Bills.
7. What is Bill Belichick's role in the Patriots' organization?
(a) He is the Assistant Coach.
(b) He is the Director of Player Personnel.
(c) He is the Quarterback.
(d) He is the Head Coach.
8. To what does Belichick attribute his losing his first head coach interview in 1989?
(a) Not being quick on his feet.
(b) Being too self confident.
(c) Not placing enough value on excellence.
(d) Not realizing the value of promoting the team.
9. Who does Belichick marry in 1978?
(a) Nicole Travern.
(b) Debby Clarke.
(c) Ellen Sandberg.
(d) Marie Smith.
10. Belichick works closely with Romeo Crennel and ______ to analyze the opponents' defensive strategies.
(a) Kurt Warner.
(b) Adam Vinatieri.
(c) Ernie Adams.
(d) Mike Martz.
11. Super Bowl XXXVI begins with the Rams returning the opening kick ________ yards.
12. How does the author's interaction with the Patriots compare with previous, similar interactions?
(a) It is unprecedented.
(b) The author is not allowed to attend team meetings.
(c) The author has less contact with the team.
(d) The author has greater contact, but only with the owner.
13. Which team is considered "the greatest show on turf"?
(a) Denver Broncos.
(b) Dallas Cowboys.
(c) New England Patriots.
(d) St. Louis Rams.
14. When Belichick looked for new players, he looked for talent and __________.
(b) Low salary.
(c) High expectations.
(d) Proven performance.
15. What position is Belichick given when Parcells leaves the Patriots?
(a) Patriots' Assistant Coach.
(b) Patriots' Head Coach.
(c) Patriots' Defensive Coordinator.
(d) He follows Parcells to his new team.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far in advance does Belichick prepare for press conferences?
2. Belichick stresses what aspect of the Patriots going into Super Bowl XXXVI?
3. Some of Bill Parcells' __________ are more notorious than actual football games.
4. In what year does the author of the Patriot Reign propose the book's idea?
5. Bledsoe is not as important to the team's success as ________ thinks.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)