|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Belichick find it difficult to maintain an authority relationship with the players while working for the New York Jets?
(a) He does not understand what it is to be a player.
(b) He is younger than many of them.
(c) He has low self-esteem.
(d) He does not have enough experience.
2. Belichick works closely with Romeo Crennel and ______ to analyze the opponents' defensive strategies.
(a) Ernie Adams.
(b) Kurt Warner.
(c) Mike Martz.
(d) Adam Vinatieri.
3. Belichick gives his quarterbacks a __-page test to analyze their reasoning.
4. When Bill Parcells leaves the Patriots, what team does he immediately join?
(a) The Jets.
(b) The Eagles.
(c) The Cowboys.
(d) The Falcons.
5. For what college team is Belichick's father, Steve, the assistant coach?
(a) University of Oklahoma.
(b) Andover Wesleyan.
(c) U.S. Naval Academy.
(d) Notre Dame.
6. What team do the Patriots play on December 8, 2002, in Foxboro?
(a) Buffalo Bills.
7. Belichick allows his vision of his team to be _______.
8. How far in advance does Belichick prepare for press conferences?
(a) 0 minutes.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Why does the coach of the Patriots from 1997 through 2000 not mesh well with the team?
(a) He expects too much.
(b) He teaches well but does not manage.
(c) He expects too little.
(d) He manages but does not teach.
10. Belichick is a strong believer in ___________-based rewards.
11. How is the Drew Bledsoe's attitude during the 2001 season?
12. What do Scott Pioli and Belichick discuss on the plane home from Super Bowl XXXVI?
(a) The next season.
(b) How they do not like Kurt Warner.
(c) Their win over the Rams.
(d) Which players to cut.
13. What strategy is not effective against the Rams' quarterback?
(c) Zone Coverage.
(d) Man Coverage.
14. How does Belichick treat those staff members who had worked with him at the Giants?
(a) He works them harder than the rest of the staff.
(b) Worse than the rest of the staff.
(c) Better than the rest of the staff.
(d) Without special favors.
15. Which quarterback plays in the 2001 AFC championship game?
(a) Tom Brady.
(b) Eli Manning.
(c) Drew Bledsoe.
(d) Troy Aikman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Belichick marry in 1978?
2. Belichick summarizes the Rams as having only ___ basic passing concepts.
3. Who intercepts a Kurt Warner pass to run it back for the first touchdown of the game?
4. Belichick makes comments about Adam Vinatieri being his most ___________ player.
5. In what year does the author of the Patriot Reign propose the book's idea?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)