|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Belichick find it difficult to maintain an authority relationship with the players while working for the New York Jets?
(a) He has low self-esteem.
(b) He is younger than many of them.
(c) He does not have enough experience.
(d) He does not understand what it is to be a player.
2. Some of Bill Parcells' __________ are more notorious than actual football games.
(b) Relationships with women.
(c) Fits of rage.
(d) Press conferences.
3. The Rams tie the score in Super Bowl XXXVI with ______ left on the clock.
4. What position does Belichick play in 1971 at Andover Wesleyan?
(b) Tight end.
(d) Defensive lineman.
5. After Belichick graduates from Andover Wesleyan, with what team does he obtain a job?
(a) The New England Patriots.
(b) The Baltimore Colts.
(c) The Philadelphia Eagles.
(d) The Dallas Cowboys.
6. Who is responsible for finding "the right kind of players" for the Patriots?
(a) Norwood Smith.
(b) Tom Brady.
(c) Scott Pioli.
(d) Bill Belichick.
7. How far in advance does Belichick prepare for press conferences?
(a) 0 minutes.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 15 to 20 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
8. When Belichick looked for new players, he looked for talent and __________.
(a) Proven performance.
(c) Low salary.
(d) High expectations.
9. In 1979, what team hires Belichick as their Special Teams Coach?
(a) The Dallas Cowboys.
(b) The New York Giants.
(c) The New England Patriots.
(d) The Detriot Lions.
10. Where is Belichick born?
(b) West Virginia.
11. When Bill Parcells leaves the Patriots, what team does he immediately join?
(a) The Falcons.
(b) The Jets.
(c) The Eagles.
(d) The Cowboys.
12. What is Bill Belichick's role in the Patriots' organization?
(a) He is the Director of Player Personnel.
(b) He is the Head Coach.
(c) He is the Quarterback.
(d) He is the Assistant Coach.
13. What type of details does the author record about the Patriots?
(a) False information.
(b) Intimate details.
(c) Expected details.
(d) Common knowledge.
14. Belichick stresses what aspect of the Patriots going into Super Bowl XXXVI?
(a) The individual aspect.
(b) The team aspect.
(c) The Quarterback.
(d) The Kicker.
15. To what does Belichick attribute his losing his first head coach interview in 1989?
(a) Not placing enough value on excellence.
(b) Not realizing the value of promoting the team.
(c) Being too self confident.
(d) Not being quick on his feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belichick expect his players to do when he asks them what has gone wrong with a play?
2. For what price are the Patriots bought in 1994?
3. What strategy is not effective against the Rams' quarterback?
4. Bill Parcells leaves the Patriots before what Super Bowl?
5. Who intercepts a Kurt Warner pass to run it back for the first touchdown of the game?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)