|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Belichick stress above all else during the 2002 Patriots' season?
(b) Special teams.
(c) Complicated strategy.
2. Why does Belichick find it difficult to maintain an authority relationship with the players while working for the New York Jets?
(a) He is younger than many of them.
(b) He does not understand what it is to be a player.
(c) He does not have enough experience.
(d) He has low self-esteem.
3. What position does Scott Pioli hold with the team?
(a) Assistant Coach.
(b) Special Teams Coach.
(d) Director of Player Personnel.
4. How does Belichick feel about hard work?
(a) He thinks it is not enough.
(b) He is frustrated by it.
(c) He truly respects it.
(d) He thinks it is a waste of time.
5. To what does Belichick attribute his losing his first head coach interview in 1989?
(a) Not placing enough value on excellence.
(b) Not being quick on his feet.
(c) Being too self confident.
(d) Not realizing the value of promoting the team.
6. What does Belichick expect his players to do when he asks them what has gone wrong with a play?
(a) Question him.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Answer him.
(d) Listen to him.
7. After Belichick graduates from Andover Wesleyan, with what team does he obtain a job?
(a) The Philadelphia Eagles.
(b) The New England Patriots.
(c) The Baltimore Colts.
(d) The Dallas Cowboys.
8. Who do Belichick and Rehbein choose as a backup Quarterback for the Patriots in the 2000 draft?
(a) Vince Young.
(b) Tom Brady.
(c) Eli Manning.
(d) Drew Bledsoe.
9. What is the score of Super Bowl XXXVI going into the half?
(a) 14-3 Patriots.
(b) 7-0 Rams.
(c) 14-3 Rams.
(d) 7-0 Patriots.
10. How does Belichick treat those staff members who had worked with him at the Giants?
(a) Without special favors.
(b) He works them harder than the rest of the staff.
(c) Worse than the rest of the staff.
(d) Better than the rest of the staff.
11. What position does Marshall Faulk play?
(c) Running Back.
12. Why does Bill Parcells leave the New England Patriots in 1997?
(a) Because of tensions with Robert Kraft.
(b) Because of tensions with Bill Belichick.
(c) Because he is constantly losing games.
(d) Because he is offered a better position.
13. How does the author's interaction with the Patriots compare with previous, similar interactions?
(a) It is unprecedented.
(b) The author has greater contact, but only with the owner.
(c) The author is not allowed to attend team meetings.
(d) The author has less contact with the team.
14. Where is Belichick born?
(b) West Virginia.
15. In what quarter do the Rams score their first touchdown of Super Bowl XXXVI?
Short Answer Questions
1. Belichick stresses what aspect of the Patriots going into Super Bowl XXXVI?
2. How long is Adam Vinatieri's kick to win Super Bowl XXXVI?
3. Who is responsible for finding "the right kind of players" for the Patriots?
4. How far over their salary cap are the Patriots when they hire Belichick as head coach?
5. Which quarterback plays in the 2001 AFC championship game?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)