|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Belichick works closely with Romeo Crennel and ______ to analyze the opponents' defensive strategies.
(a) Kurt Warner.
(b) Adam Vinatieri.
(c) Ernie Adams.
(d) Mike Martz.
2. What does Bill Belichick expect from life, himself, his team, and his family?
3. When does Rehbein die?
4. Belichick allows his vision of his team to be _______.
5. Where does Robert Kraft go to work after graduating from Columbia University?
(a) Johnson and Johnson.
(b) SP Richards.
(c) Baush and Lomb.
6. When the Patriots' head coach is dismissed in 2000, Kraft immediately starts the process to hire whom?
(a) Pete Carroll.
(b) Bill Parcells.
(c) Bill Belichick.
(d) Romeo Crennel.
7. Who is responsible for finding "the right kind of players" for the Patriots?
(a) Norwood Smith.
(b) Bill Belichick.
(c) Tom Brady.
(d) Scott Pioli.
8. Why does Belichick find it difficult to maintain an authority relationship with the players while working for the New York Jets?
(a) He does not have enough experience.
(b) He is younger than many of them.
(c) He has low self-esteem.
(d) He does not understand what it is to be a player.
9. Belichick stresses what aspect of the Patriots going into Super Bowl XXXVI?
(a) The team aspect.
(b) The Quarterback.
(c) The Kicker.
(d) The individual aspect.
10. Some of Bill Parcells' __________ are more notorious than actual football games.
(a) Fits of rage.
(b) Press conferences.
(d) Relationships with women.
11. How does the author behave when attending closed-door meetings?
(a) The author does not attend the meetings.
(b) The author is loud and boisterous.
(c) The author asks questions.
(d) The author attempts to blend in.
12. How does Belichick treat those staff members who had worked with him at the Giants?
(a) Worse than the rest of the staff.
(b) He works them harder than the rest of the staff.
(c) Better than the rest of the staff.
(d) Without special favors.
13. How many additional draft picks do the Patriots get for losing Parcells?
14. In 1979, what team hires Belichick as their Special Teams Coach?
(a) The Dallas Cowboys.
(b) The New England Patriots.
(c) The Detriot Lions.
(d) The New York Giants.
15. Who do Belichick and Rehbein choose as a backup Quarterback for the Patriots in the 2000 draft?
(a) Tom Brady.
(b) Vince Young.
(c) Eli Manning.
(d) Drew Bledsoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Belichick feel about hard work?
2. What type of details does the author record about the Patriots?
3. The Rams tie the score in Super Bowl XXXVI with ______ left on the clock.
4. What type of access does the author have to closed-door meetings?
5. For what college team is Belichick's father, Steve, the assistant coach?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)