|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Belichick find it difficult to maintain an authority relationship with the players while working for the New York Jets?
(a) He does not understand what it is to be a player.
(b) He is younger than many of them.
(c) He does not have enough experience.
(d) He has low self-esteem.
2. How many additional draft picks do the Patriots get for losing Parcells?
3. Belichick makes comments about Adam Vinatieri being his most ___________ player.
4. During the beginning of Super Bowl XXXVI, Tom Brady plays ______ but consistently.
5. How far over their salary cap are the Patriots when they hire Belichick as head coach?
(a) 10 million dollars.
(b) 30 miollion dollars.
(c) 20 million dollars.
(d) 1 million dollars.
6. What position does Adam Vinatieri play?
7. What position does Scott Pioli hold with the team?
(a) Special Teams Coach.
(b) Director of Player Personnel.
(d) Assistant Coach.
8. How long is Adam Vinatieri's kick to win Super Bowl XXXVI?
(a) 24 yards.
(b) 12 yards.
(c) 39 yards.
(d) 48 yards.
9. Who do Belichick and Rehbein choose as a backup Quarterback for the Patriots in the 2000 draft?
(a) Tom Brady.
(b) Eli Manning.
(c) Drew Bledsoe.
(d) Vince Young.
10. How does the author's interaction with the Patriots compare with previous, similar interactions?
(a) It is unprecedented.
(b) The author is not allowed to attend team meetings.
(c) The author has greater contact, but only with the owner.
(d) The author has less contact with the team.
11. To what team is Drew Bledsoe traded at the end of the 2001 season?
(a) The Philadelphia Eagles.
(b) The Buffalo Bills.
(c) The Dallas Cowboys.
(d) The Detriot Lions.
12. Belichick summarizes the Rams as having only ___ basic passing concepts.
13. How does Belichick treat those staff members who had worked with him at the Giants?
(a) Worse than the rest of the staff.
(b) He works them harder than the rest of the staff.
(c) Without special favors.
(d) Better than the rest of the staff.
14. To what does Belichick attribute his losing his first head coach interview in 1989?
(a) Not being quick on his feet.
(b) Not realizing the value of promoting the team.
(c) Being too self confident.
(d) Not placing enough value on excellence.
15. In what year does the author of the Patriot Reign propose the book's idea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of details does the author record about the Patriots?
2. When Belichick is hired by the New England Patriots, how is leadership and morale?
3. What is Bill Belichick's role in the Patriots' organization?
4. What major event has occurred just before Adam Vinatieri is hired by the Patriots?
5. What does Belichick stress above all else during the 2002 Patriots' season?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)