|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mike Martz is a ___________ scholar.
(a) Civil War.
2. Where does Robert Kraft go to work after graduating from Columbia University?
(a) Baush and Lomb.
(c) Johnson and Johnson.
(d) SP Richards.
3. How is the Drew Bledsoe's attitude during the 2001 season?
4. What team does Mike Martz coach?
(a) Philadelphia Eagles.
(b) Atlanta Falcons.
(c) New England Patriots.
(d) St. Louis Rams.
5. What do Scott Pioli and Belichick discuss on the plane home from Super Bowl XXXVI?
(a) Which players to cut.
(b) Their win over the Rams.
(c) How they do not like Kurt Warner.
(d) The next season.
6. When Belichick looked for new players, he looked for talent and __________.
(a) Low salary.
(c) Proven performance.
(d) High expectations.
7. Belichick allows his vision of his team to be _______.
8. When Belichick is hired by the New England Patriots, how is leadership and morale?
(a) There is no leadership and morale is low.
(b) There is no leadership but high morale.
(c) There is leadership and high morale.
(d) There is leadership but no morale.
9. How does the author's interaction with the Patriots compare with previous, similar interactions?
(a) The author has greater contact, but only with the owner.
(b) The author is not allowed to attend team meetings.
(c) It is unprecedented.
(d) The author has less contact with the team.
10. When does Rehbein die?
11. What major event has occurred just before Adam Vinatieri is hired by the Patriots?
(a) The withdrawal of troops from Iraq.
(b) The death of Farah Fawcett.
(c) The September 11th attacks.
(d) The 200th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.
12. How far in advance does Belichick prepare for press conferences?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 15 to 20 minutes.
(d) 0 minutes.
13. Why does Belichick find it difficult to maintain an authority relationship with the players while working for the New York Jets?
(a) He does not have enough experience.
(b) He does not understand what it is to be a player.
(c) He is younger than many of them.
(d) He has low self-esteem.
14. How does Belichick treat those staff members who had worked with him at the Giants?
(a) Without special favors.
(b) Worse than the rest of the staff.
(c) He works them harder than the rest of the staff.
(d) Better than the rest of the staff.
15. In 1979, what team hires Belichick as their Special Teams Coach?
(a) The New York Giants.
(b) The Detriot Lions.
(c) The Dallas Cowboys.
(d) The New England Patriots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Belichick is a strong believer in ___________-based rewards.
2. Who does Scott Pioli refer to as ambulance chasers?
3. Bill Parcells leaves the Patriots before what Super Bowl?
4. When Bill Parcells leaves the Patriots, what team does he immediately join?
5. How far over their salary cap are the Patriots when they hire Belichick as head coach?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)