|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Adam Vinatieri play?
2. Where does Robert Kraft go to work after graduating from Columbia University?
(a) Johnson and Johnson.
(b) SP Richards.
(c) Baush and Lomb.
3. When the Patriots' head coach is dismissed in 2000, Kraft immediately starts the process to hire whom?
(a) Bill Belichick.
(b) Romeo Crennel.
(c) Bill Parcells.
(d) Pete Carroll.
4. Who is the author of "Patriot Reign: Bill Belichick, the Coaches, and the Players Who Built a Champion?"
(a) Matthew Handly.
(b) Michele Hamberly.
(c) Martin Holliday.
(d) Michael Holley.
5. Belichick stresses what aspect of the Patriots going into Super Bowl XXXVI?
(a) The Kicker.
(b) The Quarterback.
(c) The team aspect.
(d) The individual aspect.
6. Belichick works closely with Romeo Crennel and ______ to analyze the opponents' defensive strategies.
(a) Mike Martz.
(b) Adam Vinatieri.
(c) Kurt Warner.
(d) Ernie Adams.
7. How far over their salary cap are the Patriots when they hire Belichick as head coach?
(a) 10 million dollars.
(b) 30 miollion dollars.
(c) 20 million dollars.
(d) 1 million dollars.
8. In what year does the author of the Patriot Reign propose the book's idea?
9. How does the author's interaction with the Patriots compare with previous, similar interactions?
(a) It is unprecedented.
(b) The author has greater contact, but only with the owner.
(c) The author has less contact with the team.
(d) The author is not allowed to attend team meetings.
10. For what price are the Patriots bought in 1994?
(a) $20 million.
(b) $200 million.
(c) $2 million.
(d) $0.2 million.
11. Why does the coach of the Patriots from 1997 through 2000 not mesh well with the team?
(a) He manages but does not teach.
(b) He expects too little.
(c) He teaches well but does not manage.
(d) He expects too much.
12. What position is Belichick given when Parcells leaves the Patriots?
(a) Patriots' Assistant Coach.
(b) He follows Parcells to his new team.
(c) Patriots' Head Coach.
(d) Patriots' Defensive Coordinator.
13. How long is Adam Vinatieri's kick to win Super Bowl XXXVI?
(a) 48 yards.
(b) 24 yards.
(c) 12 yards.
(d) 39 yards.
14. How do the Patriots celebrate following Super Bowl XXXVI?
(a) They do not celebrate.
(b) With a quick meeting.
(c) With a dance.
(d) With a team party.
15. The author has the opportunity to follow the ___________ Patriots.
(c) New England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event has occurred just before Adam Vinatieri is hired by the Patriots?
2. Who intercepts a Kurt Warner pass to run it back for the first touchdown of the game?
3. How many interceptions does Drew Bledsoe throw in the December 8, 2002, game in Foxboro?
4. What is Robert Kraft's role?
5. Who makes the only score in the third quarter of Super Bowl XXXVI?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)