|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the author of the Patriot Reign propose the book's idea?
2. What position does Adam Vinatieri play?
3. On what position do the Patriots focus their defense in the 2001 Super Bowl?
(a) Running Back.
4. What is Bill Belichick's role in the Patriots' organization?
(a) He is the Quarterback.
(b) He is the Head Coach.
(c) He is the Director of Player Personnel.
(d) He is the Assistant Coach.
5. Belichick summarizes the Rams as having only ___ basic passing concepts.
6. How does the author's interaction with the Patriots compare with previous, similar interactions?
(a) The author is not allowed to attend team meetings.
(b) It is unprecedented.
(c) The author has greater contact, but only with the owner.
(d) The author has less contact with the team.
7. Why does the coach of the Patriots from 1997 through 2000 not mesh well with the team?
(a) He teaches well but does not manage.
(b) He expects too little.
(c) He manages but does not teach.
(d) He expects too much.
8. Who is responsible for finding "the right kind of players" for the Patriots?
(a) Scott Pioli.
(b) Tom Brady.
(c) Bill Belichick.
(d) Norwood Smith.
9. What is Robert Kraft's role?
(a) Patriots' fan.
(b) Patriots' Owner.
(c) Patriots' Assistant Coach.
(d) Patriots' Special Teams Coach.
10. Mike Martz is a ___________ scholar.
(c) Civil War.
11. Who is hired for the Head Coach position after Parcells leaves the Patriots?
(a) Bill Belichick.
(b) Pete Carroll.
(c) Romeo Crennel.
(d) Ted Marchibroda.
12. During the beginning of Super Bowl XXXVI, Tom Brady plays ______ but consistently.
13. What position does Scott Pioli hold with the team?
(b) Assistant Coach.
(c) Special Teams Coach.
(d) Director of Player Personnel.
14. What position does Marshall Faulk play?
(d) Running Back.
15. What position is Belichick given when Parcells leaves the Patriots?
(a) He follows Parcells to his new team.
(b) Patriots' Head Coach.
(c) Patriots' Defensive Coordinator.
(d) Patriots' Assistant Coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Belichick marry in 1978?
2. In what quarter do the Rams score their first touchdown of Super Bowl XXXVI?
3. Why does Belichick find it difficult to maintain an authority relationship with the players while working for the New York Jets?
4. What team do the Patriots play on December 8, 2002, in Foxboro?
5. Belichick walks into a press conference having predicted what?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)