|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Belichick describes the head coaching position as what type of job?
(a) An easy job.
(b) A hands-off job.
(c) A 24 hour a day job.
(d) A 9 to 5 job.
2. What type of access does the author have to closed-door meetings?
(a) No access.
(b) Open access.
(c) Limited access.
(d) Some access.
3. What does Belichick stress above all else during the 2002 Patriots' season?
(a) Special teams.
(c) Complicated strategy.
4. What does Belichick expect his players to do when he asks them what has gone wrong with a play?
(a) Answer him.
(b) Question him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Listen to him.
5. What do Scott Pioli and Belichick discuss on the plane home from Super Bowl XXXVI?
(a) How they do not like Kurt Warner.
(b) Which players to cut.
(c) The next season.
(d) Their win over the Rams.
6. Belichick summarizes the Rams as having only ___ basic passing concepts.
7. Why does the coach of the Patriots from 1997 through 2000 not mesh well with the team?
(a) He teaches well but does not manage.
(b) He expects too little.
(c) He expects too much.
(d) He manages but does not teach.
8. How long is Adam Vinatieri's kick to win Super Bowl XXXVI?
(a) 48 yards.
(b) 12 yards.
(c) 39 yards.
(d) 24 yards.
9. Who considers the start of the 2002 Patriots season as "just bad football?"
(a) Bill Belichick.
(b) Tom Brady.
(c) Scott Pioli.
(d) Bill Parcells.
10. When Belichick is hired by the New England Patriots, how is leadership and morale?
(a) There is no leadership and morale is low.
(b) There is leadership but no morale.
(c) There is leadership and high morale.
(d) There is no leadership but high morale.
11. What position does Scott Pioli hold with the team?
(a) Director of Player Personnel.
(c) Assistant Coach.
(d) Special Teams Coach.
12. Belichick gives his quarterbacks a __-page test to analyze their reasoning.
13. Who is responsible for finding "the right kind of players" for the Patriots?
(a) Tom Brady.
(b) Bill Belichick.
(c) Norwood Smith.
(d) Scott Pioli.
14. In 1979, what team hires Belichick as their Special Teams Coach?
(a) The New York Giants.
(b) The Dallas Cowboys.
(c) The New England Patriots.
(d) The Detriot Lions.
15. What type of organization is the Patriots franchise?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the beginning of Super Bowl XXXVI, Tom Brady plays ______ but consistently.
2. Some of Bill Parcells' __________ are more notorious than actual football games.
3. When does Rehbein die?
4. What position does Marshall Faulk play?
5. Super Bowl XXXVI begins with the Rams returning the opening kick ________ yards.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)