|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Belichick not hired as head coach of the Patriots after Parcells leaves?
(a) Kraft thinks Belichick is too young.
(b) Belichick is too lazy.
(c) Belichick does not have enough experience.
(d) Kraft thinks Belichick's history with Parcells will cause problems.
2. What major event has occurred just before Adam Vinatieri is hired by the Patriots?
(a) The death of Farah Fawcett.
(b) The September 11th attacks.
(c) The 200th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence.
(d) The withdrawal of troops from Iraq.
3. Why does Belichick refuse Parcells' offer to become Head Coach of the Jets?
(a) He wants a higher salary.
(b) He does not like Parcells.
(c) He wants more control.
(d) He does not like the Jets.
4. How far in advance does Belichick prepare for press conferences?
(a) 15 to 20 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 0 minutes.
(d) 1 day.
5. What does Belichick want to do after the 2002 season to make the team work better?
(a) Get a new quarterback.
(b) Hire new advisors.
(c) Introduce new training.
(d) Overhaul the team.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sports use The Combine to select players?
2. After discussing the players following the 2002 season, what type of view does the author say that Belichick and his staff develop regarding the team?
3. Who do the Patriots beat 31-0 in 2003 to advance to the Super Bowl?
4. During the beginning of Super Bowl XXXVI, Tom Brady plays ______ but consistently.
5. After the come-from-behind victory against the Denver Broncos in 2003, the Denver coach says he is ________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)