|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Irish pub owned by the FBI agent's uncle?
2. The Ryans' home is in the midst of being outfitted with which of the following?
3. What is Alex's known alias?
4. Who comments on Ryan's discovery of the terrorist camp?
5. What is the name of the man apprehended at the gatehouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a full character description on Sean Miller. What led Miller to join the ULA? Was Miller ever a member of the PIRA? What type of training did Miller have before joining the terrorist organization? Do you think Miller really believed in the cause or was he simply a psychotic murderer?
Essay Topic 2
Write your own international/political story based on "Patriot Games." Use Jack Ryan as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 3
Clancy is a master at using foreshadowing to hint at various key pieces of information. Use at least five examples of foreshadowing in the story and explain why each is important. How else could Clancy reveal the pertinent information if he did not use the foreshadowing technique?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)