|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Ryans' home is in the midst of being outfitted with which of the following?
2. Which of Ryan's friends debates the terrorist solution with Jack?
3. What type of animal was Sally enthralled by on the drive home from the hospital?
4. Who tries to restrain Ryan when he loses his temper?
5. Which law enforcement agent gives into a suspicious hunch and visits the bookshop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the actions of Ryan and Cathy during the initial shoot out. Which instinct was the most automatic? Which was the strongest? Which person acted first? Do you think that the instinct to fight is stronger than the instinct to protect a spouse or child? Examine this thought and use evolutionary psychology to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Jack and Cathy Ryan are on vacation when gunfire erupts on the Mall in front of Buckingham Palace. Discuss the scene in detail. What was your first reaction to the event in the story? What did the incident involve? Why did Ryan get involved? Why did Ryan have a gun? Do you think Ryan did the right thing? Explain the dynamic between Ryan and the gunmen. Who do you think Ryan was trying to protect? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Admiral Greer predicts that he can get Ryan to join the CIA at least on a temporary basis. Explain in detail Greer's job, where he fits into the story, why he wants Ryan, and what his plans include. Also discuss Greer's personal attitude toward Ryan and vice versa.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)