|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is discovered when there is an investigation into the fire?
2. Ryan struggles with which of the following when it comes to the raid on the terrorist camp?
3. Which boat is pointed out as the terrorists' most likely means of escape?
4. The state of the case means that Ryan will acquiesce and return to the _____.
5. Which number is on the gatehouse that was in the center of the action?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jack and Cathy Ryan are on vacation when gunfire erupts on the Mall in front of Buckingham Palace. Discuss the scene in detail. What was your first reaction to the event in the story? What did the incident involve? Why did Ryan get involved? Why did Ryan have a gun? Do you think Ryan did the right thing? Explain the dynamic between Ryan and the gunmen. Who do you think Ryan was trying to protect? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tension between Joe Muller and Jack Ryan. Why are the men at odds? Which do you feel is right? Which man acted inappropriately at the hospital? Compare and contract Muller and Ryan, including their careers and beliefs regarding family issues.
Essay Topic 3
Write a full character description on Alexander Constantine/Constantine Duppens. What led Alex to join up with the ULA? Was Alex ever a member of the ULA or PIRA? Is Alex a mercenary, or does he see himself as a man with a mission? What type of training did Alex have before joining the terrorist organization? The author states that Alex has his own agenda, that there is more to come after he is through with the ULA. What does Alex mean when he says there is change on the horizon and he intends to be part of it?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)