|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the captured man?
2. How many people had direct contact with the information regarding Miller's transport from Brixton?
3. Ryan determines that the members of the ULA most likely have had what kind of training?
4. How many pages is the report returned by Ryan?
5. What do the students tell Ryan to do the next time he is faced with a similar situation like the one faced in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Owen reluctant to allow Ashley to attend the meeting in Dublin? What convinces Owen to let Ashley go?
2. Miller is annoyed because Cathy is late leaving work. What causes Cathy Ryan to be late leaving the hospital?
3. What technique does Ryan use to take out the first gunman? What does Ryan do to disable the man?
4. What is the situation regarding Ryan's injuries? What is the status of his recovery?
5. Discuss the conversation held between Ryan and Jackson at home. Do the men agree?
6. Why is the British press being so hard on the Prince of Wales? Why is the Prince being blamed for the tragedy? What does Ryan say in response?
7. The reader is introduced to Dennis Cooley, a bookstore owner. Discuss Cooley and why he is an important part of the story.
8. What detail about the visit from the Royals is Ryan not permitted to know? Why does it bother Ryan?
9. What is the plan to raid Camp 18? What actually happens?
10. Which two important figures watch the newscast? What are their individual reactions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a full character description on Alexander Constantine/Constantine Duppens. What led Alex to join up with the ULA? Was Alex ever a member of the ULA or PIRA? Is Alex a mercenary, or does he see himself as a man with a mission? What type of training did Alex have before joining the terrorist organization? The author states that Alex has his own agenda, that there is more to come after he is through with the ULA. What does Alex mean when he says there is change on the horizon and he intends to be part of it?
Essay Topic 2
Write a full character description on Sean Miller. What led Miller to join the ULA? Was Miller ever a member of the PIRA? What type of training did Miller have before joining the terrorist organization? Do you think Miller really believed in the cause or was he simply a psychotic murderer?
Essay Topic 3
Clancy is a master at using foreshadowing to hint at various key pieces of information. Use at least five examples of foreshadowing in the story and explain why each is important. How else could Clancy reveal the pertinent information if he did not use the foreshadowing technique?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)