|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the meeting take place?
2. What does Mrs. Ryan do for a living?
3. Which word is used to describe Ryan's manner?
4. How long does it take for the trial to begin?
5. Who discovers that the list of suspects has to be very short considering obvious inside information?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the next stage of the operation for Miller and O'Donnell? What is Alex's role in the plan?
2. Ryan finally gets to leave the hospital and is relieved. Ryan becomes uneasy when he is escorted to Buckingham Palace. Discuss Ryan's experience at Buckingham Palace and how it affects his involvement in the case.
3. What is at least one of the main issues between Jack and his father-in-law, Joe Muller?
4. Name at least two famous women who were executed at the Tower of London. Also note the year in which the last execution took place.
5. Discuss the scene in which Robby takes the terrorists inside the house by surprise.
6. What causes Ashley to be curious about Cooley's bookshop? What does Ashley learn on his visit to the store?
7. What technique does Ryan use to take out the first gunman? What does Ryan do to disable the man?
8. What is Ryan thinking about as he is making his way to the Mall?
9. What valuable information is learned about Alex? What seems to be Alex's main goal?
10. Discuss the conversation held between Ryan and Jackson at home. Do the men agree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Prince and Princess of Wales, the Queen of England and the Duke of Edinburgh are all important characters in the book. Explain why Clancy never uses their names. Do you think the prince and princess are Charles and Diana? Do you think the Queen is Elizabeth II? Do you think the Duke of Edinburgh is Prince Phillip? If not, who might they be? Why does Clancy avoid using their names? Do you think Clancy did not want to name them directly for personal reasons? Do you think that Clancy chose not to name them so the references would not date the book? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write your own international/political story based on "Patriot Games." Use Jack Ryan as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 3
Write a full character description on Alexander Constantine/Constantine Duppens. What led Alex to join up with the ULA? Was Alex ever a member of the ULA or PIRA? Is Alex a mercenary, or does he see himself as a man with a mission? What type of training did Alex have before joining the terrorist organization? The author states that Alex has his own agenda, that there is more to come after he is through with the ULA. What does Alex mean when he says there is change on the horizon and he intends to be part of it?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)