|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for the FBI to warn Ryan that he may be in danger?
2. The attacker is a master of which of the following:
3. What is the name of the marksman that evaluates Ryan's skill?
4. Which of the following was not one of the officers to visit Ryan?
5. What is the surname of the friends that pick up the Ryans at the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the conversation held between Ryan and Jackson at home. Do the men agree?
2. What news is delivered to McKenney in regards to one of the ULA members? What is implied by O'Donnell regarding an upcoming transfer?
3. What information does the doctor give to Ryan and Jackson regarding Cathy's condition? What is said about Sally?
4. Who is McKenney and why is he irritated with O'Donnell? Is there a legitimate reason for the annoyance?
5. Owens and Ashley look into Watkins' military history. What is learned about Watkins and what may have turned him against the crown?
6. What misconception does Ryan have about the attack? Why is there a sense of disbelief when Ryan hears the real story?
7. What tactic was used to try and thwart a terrorist attack during Miller's transfer? Where was Miller being taken?
8. What valuable information is learned about Alex? What seems to be Alex's main goal?
9. Ryan learns that he has a guard on the door and questions to answer. Discuss the scene.
10. What is the catalyst for Ryan to agree to sign on to the CIA? What is Greer's reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tension between Joe Muller and Jack Ryan. Why are the men at odds? Which do you feel is right? Which man acted inappropriately at the hospital? Compare and contract Muller and Ryan, including their careers and beliefs regarding family issues.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the ULA and the PIRA. What do the abbreviations stand for and how are the groups similar? Were the groups ever connected in any way? Explain. Which do you think is more dangerous? Why? Summarize the core mission of each group and the plans used to accomplish that mission.
Essay Topic 3
Write a full character description on Alexander Constantine/Constantine Duppens. What led Alex to join up with the ULA? Was Alex ever a member of the ULA or PIRA? Is Alex a mercenary, or does he see himself as a man with a mission? What type of training did Alex have before joining the terrorist organization? The author states that Alex has his own agenda, that there is more to come after he is through with the ULA. What does Alex mean when he says there is change on the horizon and he intends to be part of it?
This section contains 2,090 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)