Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Ryan back at the office?
2. How long does it take for the trial to begin?
3. Where does the unsuccessful attacker go after the scene at the Mall?
4. It was originally suspected that the ______, a terrorist group was responsible for the attack.
5. How long does it take to repair Ryan's shoulder in surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. The reader is introduced to Dennis Cooley, a bookstore owner. Discuss Cooley and why he is an important part of the story.
2. Owens still believes that the information on Miller came from the inside. Discuss Owens' theory and findings on the matter. What does Owens plan to do?
3. What happens to jeopardize Ryan's anonymity? Who is going to benefit from the information?
4. What detail about the visit from the Royals is Ryan not permitted to know? Why does it bother Ryan?
5. Which two important figures watch the newscast? What are their individual reactions?
6. What happens to the information gathered by the recon cameras? How does it happen?
7. Why is it automatically assumed that Ryan will return to the CIA?
8. What is Ryan thinking about as he is making his way to the Mall?
9. What is the next stage of the operation for Miller and O'Donnell? What is Alex's role in the plan?
10. Who is the PIRA member discovered by the British police? What has the person supposedly done? What is the person's demeanor?
Write your own international/political story based on "Patriot Games." Use Jack Ryan as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Compare and contrast the actions of Ryan and Cathy during the initial shoot out. Which instinct was the most automatic? Which was the strongest? Which person acted first? Do you think that the instinct to fight is stronger than the instinct to protect a spouse or child? Examine this thought and use evolutionary psychology to support your opinions.
Discuss the tension between Joe Muller and Jack Ryan. Why are the men at odds? Which do you feel is right? Which man acted inappropriately at the hospital? Compare and contract Muller and Ryan, including their careers and beliefs regarding family issues.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)