Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages is the report returned by Ryan?
2. What was the name of the operation Ryan participated in for the CIA?
3. It is believed that the shipment was stolen how many months ago?
4. Jack Ryan is dismayed when he is not longer able to remain _____.
5. Which of the following was not one of the officers to visit Ryan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opening scene in the book, including the people and locations involved.
2. How does Ryan attempt to deal with Sally's demeanor when she returns home from the hospital? Does the plan work?
3. Although the evening with the Royals is pleasant, there are underlying issues that create tension. Discuss at least one or two of the underlying issues.
4. Discuss the conversation held between Ryan and Jackson at home. Do the men agree?
5. What valuable information is learned about Alex? What seems to be Alex's main goal?
6. Who finds Alex's gun? What type of gun is it? Where is it found?
7. What happens to the information gathered by the recon cameras? How does it happen?
8. What is the catalyst for Ryan to agree to sign on to the CIA? What is Greer's reaction?
9. What news is delivered to McKenney in regards to one of the ULA members? What is implied by O'Donnell regarding an upcoming transfer?
10. What surprise guest visits Ryan in the hospital? Describe at least part of what is discussed at the meeting.
Compare and contrast the actions of Ryan and Cathy during the initial shoot out. Which instinct was the most automatic? Which was the strongest? Which person acted first? Do you think that the instinct to fight is stronger than the instinct to protect a spouse or child? Examine this thought and use evolutionary psychology to support your opinions.
Write your own international/political story based on "Patriot Games." Use Jack Ryan as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Jack Ryan begins to feel fear on a level previously unknown to him. Explain Ryan's feelings. Are they realistic? Is there a real reason to feel fear or is Ryan paranoid? What incident set off the fear? How does Ryan relate fear to the everyday life of the Prince of Wales? What does Ryan intend to discuss with the Prince? What might Ryan do to allay his fears? How do the fears affect Cathy and Sally?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)