|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ryan taken after leaving the hospital?
2. How long does it take to repair Ryan's shoulder in surgery?
3. Which of the following was not one of the officers to visit Ryan?
4. How many people had direct contact with the information regarding Miller's transport from Brixton?
5. How many pages is the report given to O'Donnell by Cooley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ryan thinking about as he is making his way to the Mall?
2. What is the plan to raid Camp 18? What actually happens?
3. Discuss the conversation held between Ryan and Jackson at home. Do the men agree?
4. What is at least one of the main issues between Jack and his father-in-law, Joe Muller?
5. Ryan is warned not to give out any sensitive information to which person? What is Ryan's opinion of the person? What does the person think of Ryan?
6. Owens still believes that the information on Miller came from the inside. Discuss Owens' theory and findings on the matter. What does Owens plan to do?
7. Ryan learns that he has a guard on the door and questions to answer. Discuss the scene.
8. What is the reaction of Kevin O'Donnell when he sees the news coverage of the Miller trial?
9. What makes Ryan realize how grateful he is for his life in the US?
10. What is the catalyst for Ryan to agree to sign on to the CIA? What is Greer's reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Owen is apprehensive of letting David Ashley go alone to meet with Murphy of the PIRA. Discuss the purpose of the meeting. Why does Murphy summon Ashley to Dublin? How could Owen and Ashley be sure that the PIRA would not launch an attack against the police? Can the PIRA be trusted? What does Murphy say to convince Ashley that the PIRA was not behind the attack on the Royals? Explain in detail the purpose of the PIRA and the actions they might take to further their cause.
Essay Topic 2
Watkins is a known member of the ULA. Discuss Watkins' involvement. Why do you think Watkins turned against the Crown? Do you think Watkins was bitter over the tragedy during his military years? What happened in the tragedy? Do you think Ashley was right in his assumptions about Watkins? Where does Watkins fit into the ULA? What is the relationship between Watkins and O'Donnell?
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning Ryan is clearly ill at ease in the presence of the Queen, Duke and other Royals. Discuss in detail the way the Royals are portrayed in the book. Is the portrayal accurate? Do you think Clancy has first hand knowledge of Buckingham Palace? What is the structure of the royal family? How does a monarchy operate? Does the Queen have sole power? What role does the Duke play? How does the relationship between the Royals and the Ryans change?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)