Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Ryan back at the office?
2. How long does it take for the trial to begin?
3. Where does the unsuccessful attacker go after the scene at the Mall?
4. It was originally suspected that the ______, a terrorist group was responsible for the attack.
5. How long does it take to repair Ryan's shoulder in surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. The reader is introduced to Dennis Cooley, a bookstore owner. Discuss Cooley and why he is an important part of the story.
2. Owens still believes that the information on Miller came from the inside. Discuss Owens' theory and findings on the matter. What does Owens plan to do?
3. What happens to jeopardize Ryan's anonymity? Who is going to benefit from the information?
4. What detail about the visit from the Royals is Ryan not permitted to know? Why does it bother Ryan?
5. Which two important figures watch the newscast? What are their individual reactions?
6. What happens to the information gathered by the recon cameras? How does it happen?
7. Why is it automatically assumed that Ryan will return to the CIA?
8. What is Ryan thinking about as he is making his way to the Mall?
9. What is the next stage of the operation for Miller and O'Donnell? What is Alex's role in the plan?
10. Who is the PIRA member discovered by the British police? What has the person supposedly done? What is the person's demeanor?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the ULA and the PIRA. What do the abbreviations stand for and how are the groups similar? Were the groups ever connected in any way? Explain. Which do you think is more dangerous? Why? Summarize the core mission of each group and the plans used to accomplish that mission.
Essay Topic 2
Jack Ryan begins to feel fear on a level previously unknown to him. Explain Ryan's feelings. Are they realistic? Is there a real reason to feel fear or is Ryan paranoid? What incident set off the fear? How does Ryan relate fear to the everyday life of the Prince of Wales? What does Ryan intend to discuss with the Prince? What might Ryan do to allay his fears? How do the fears affect Cathy and Sally?
Essay Topic 3
Watkins is a known member of the ULA. Discuss Watkins' involvement. Why do you think Watkins turned against the Crown? Do you think Watkins was bitter over the tragedy during his military years? What happened in the tragedy? Do you think Ashley was right in his assumptions about Watkins? Where does Watkins fit into the ULA? What is the relationship between Watkins and O'Donnell?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)