|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the buildings in the terrorist camp has a schedule regarding the movements of American:
2. What is the name of the defense attorney in the trial?
3. Where is Ryan shot the first time?
4. What is the name of the restaurant where the men meet?
5. The attacker is a master of which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to jeopardize Ryan's anonymity? Who is going to benefit from the information?
2. How does Ryan attempt to deal with Sally's demeanor when she returns home from the hospital? Does the plan work?
3. Miller is annoyed because Cathy is late leaving work. What causes Cathy Ryan to be late leaving the hospital?
4. Why is it automatically assumed that Ryan will return to the CIA?
5. Who finds Alex's gun? What type of gun is it? Where is it found?
6. Why is Owen reluctant to allow Ashley to attend the meeting in Dublin? What convinces Owen to let Ashley go?
7. Why does Ryan get angry when he learns that Sinn Fein is scheduled to arrive from Ireland the next day?
8. Ryan learns that he has a guard on the door and questions to answer. Discuss the scene.
9. Why is the British press being so hard on the Prince of Wales? Why is the Prince being blamed for the tragedy? What does Ryan say in response?
10. What technique does Ryan use to take out the first gunman? What does Ryan do to disable the man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Admiral Greer predicts that he can get Ryan to join the CIA at least on a temporary basis. Explain in detail Greer's job, where he fits into the story, why he wants Ryan, and what his plans include. Also discuss Greer's personal attitude toward Ryan and vice versa.
Essay Topic 2
Jack Ryan begins to feel fear on a level previously unknown to him. Explain Ryan's feelings. Are they realistic? Is there a real reason to feel fear or is Ryan paranoid? What incident set off the fear? How does Ryan relate fear to the everyday life of the Prince of Wales? What does Ryan intend to discuss with the Prince? What might Ryan do to allay his fears? How do the fears affect Cathy and Sally?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tension between Joe Muller and Jack Ryan. Why are the men at odds? Which do you feel is right? Which man acted inappropriately at the hospital? Compare and contract Muller and Ryan, including their careers and beliefs regarding family issues.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)