|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ryan taken after leaving the hospital?
2. One of the buildings in the terrorist camp has a schedule regarding the movements of American:
3. The person teams up with an American named ____.
4. The Police find materials they believe to have been stolen the previous summer from which company?
5. Where was the shipment scheduled to be delivered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Ryan to attend a lecture at Georgetown? What occurs while he is at the university?
2. What misconception does Ryan have about the attack? Why is there a sense of disbelief when Ryan hears the real story?
3. What happens to the information gathered by the recon cameras? How does it happen?
4. What technique does Ryan use to take out the first gunman? What does Ryan do to disable the man?
5. What news is delivered to McKenney in regards to one of the ULA members? What is implied by O'Donnell regarding an upcoming transfer?
6. What is the reaction of Kevin O'Donnell when he sees the news coverage of the Miller trial?
7. What is Miller's issue about working with Alex on the plan to get revenge on Ryan?
8. Who is the PIRA member discovered by the British police? What has the person supposedly done? What is the person's demeanor?
9. What is the catalyst for Ryan to agree to sign on to the CIA? What is Greer's reaction?
10. How does Ryan attempt to deal with Sally's demeanor when she returns home from the hospital? Does the plan work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the actions of Ryan and Cathy during the initial shoot out. Which instinct was the most automatic? Which was the strongest? Which person acted first? Do you think that the instinct to fight is stronger than the instinct to protect a spouse or child? Examine this thought and use evolutionary psychology to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Owen is apprehensive of letting David Ashley go alone to meet with Murphy of the PIRA. Discuss the purpose of the meeting. Why does Murphy summon Ashley to Dublin? How could Owen and Ashley be sure that the PIRA would not launch an attack against the police? Can the PIRA be trusted? What does Murphy say to convince Ashley that the PIRA was not behind the attack on the Royals? Explain in detail the purpose of the PIRA and the actions they might take to further their cause.
Essay Topic 3
Dennis Cooley seems to start out in the book as a bookstore owner that happens to pass along vital information to various contacts at the ULA. Somewhere along the way, Cooley becomes savvy to the activities of the ULA and inserts himself as an important person, eventually working directly with O'Donnell. Explain the change in Cooley's role, what precipitated it, and how Cooley felt about the change. What was O'Donnell's reaction to the change? Why do you think O'Donnell did not kill Cooley after the store had been breached? How else could Cooley be a valuable resource for O'Donnell and the ULA?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)