|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person guarding Ryan?
2. How long does it take to repair Ryan's shoulder in surgery?
3. How many students are in Ryan's class?
4. Much to Ryan's dismay, British law currently forbids which of the following?
5. What was the name of the operation Ryan participated in for the CIA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Breckenridge arrange after the man is apprehended at the gatehouse? Who is the strange man? What is the man's history?
2. What technique does Ryan use to take out the first gunman? What does Ryan do to disable the man?
3. What questions does Ryan ask himself when trying to identify patterns within the terrorist network?
4. Ryan is warned not to give out any sensitive information to which person? What is Ryan's opinion of the person? What does the person think of Ryan?
5. Owens still believes that the information on Miller came from the inside. Discuss Owens' theory and findings on the matter. What does Owens plan to do?
6. What is being tracked at the terrorist training camp? What is the purpose of the tracking system?
7. What is the problem with listening in on Cooley's phone conversations? Who does Cooley call?
8. Why does Ryan get angry when he learns that Sinn Fein is scheduled to arrive from Ireland the next day?
9. What makes Ryan realize how grateful he is for his life in the US?
10. What is the catalyst for Ryan to agree to sign on to the CIA? What is Greer's reaction?
Essay Topic 1
Owen is apprehensive of letting David Ashley go alone to meet with Murphy of the PIRA. Discuss the purpose of the meeting. Why does Murphy summon Ashley to Dublin? How could Owen and Ashley be sure that the PIRA would not launch an attack against the police? Can the PIRA be trusted? What does Murphy say to convince Ashley that the PIRA was not behind the attack on the Royals? Explain in detail the purpose of the PIRA and the actions they might take to further their cause.
Essay Topic 2
The Prince of Wales is buried in grief when he visits Ryan in the hospital. Discuss the conversation between Ryan and the Prince. Compare and contrast the two characters. Be sure to include the fact that each has a wife and child and how that might affect the scenario.
Essay Topic 3
Watkins is a known member of the ULA. Discuss Watkins' involvement. Why do you think Watkins turned against the Crown? Do you think Watkins was bitter over the tragedy during his military years? What happened in the tragedy? Do you think Ashley was right in his assumptions about Watkins? Where does Watkins fit into the ULA? What is the relationship between Watkins and O'Donnell?
This section contains 2,054 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)