Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Ryan back at the office?
2. How long does it take for the trial to begin?
3. Where does the unsuccessful attacker go after the scene at the Mall?
4. It was originally suspected that the ______, a terrorist group was responsible for the attack.
5. How long does it take to repair Ryan's shoulder in surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. The reader is introduced to Dennis Cooley, a bookstore owner. Discuss Cooley and why he is an important part of the story.
2. Owens still believes that the information on Miller came from the inside. Discuss Owens' theory and findings on the matter. What does Owens plan to do?
3. What happens to jeopardize Ryan's anonymity? Who is going to benefit from the information?
4. What detail about the visit from the Royals is Ryan not permitted to know? Why does it bother Ryan?
5. Which two important figures watch the newscast? What are their individual reactions?
6. What happens to the information gathered by the recon cameras? How does it happen?
7. Why is it automatically assumed that Ryan will return to the CIA?
8. What is Ryan thinking about as he is making his way to the Mall?
9. What is the next stage of the operation for Miller and O'Donnell? What is Alex's role in the plan?
10. Who is the PIRA member discovered by the British police? What has the person supposedly done? What is the person's demeanor?
Write a full character description on Alexander Constantine/Constantine Duppens. What led Alex to join up with the ULA? Was Alex ever a member of the ULA or PIRA? Is Alex a mercenary, or does he see himself as a man with a mission? What type of training did Alex have before joining the terrorist organization? The author states that Alex has his own agenda, that there is more to come after he is through with the ULA. What does Alex mean when he says there is change on the horizon and he intends to be part of it?
Write a bio on Sergeant Major Noah Breckenridge. Breckenridge turns out to be a valuable character in the book. Explain Breckenridge's career, what part he plays in the story and why his presence is valuable.
Compare and contrast the actions of Ryan and Cathy during the initial shoot out. Which instinct was the most automatic? Which was the strongest? Which person acted first? Do you think that the instinct to fight is stronger than the instinct to protect a spouse or child? Examine this thought and use evolutionary psychology to support your opinions.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)