|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ryan is eager to dismiss his connection to which organization?
2. What award do the students give to Ryan?
(a) Red Badge of Courage.
(b) International Silver Star Award.
(c) Order of the Purple Target.
(d) Purple Heart.
3. What was the name of the operation Ryan participated in for the CIA?
(a) Operation Black Box.
(b) Russian Roulette.
(c) Edinburgh Extraction.
(d) Canary Trap.
4. The attacker is a master of which of the following:
(a) Counter intelligence.
(c) Hand to hand combat.
5. It was originally suspected that the ______, a terrorist group was responsible for the attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the meeting take place?
2. What is the name of Ryan's wife?
3. Officers from which law enforcement agency visit Ryan in the hospital?
4. Who receives an invitation to meet with the PIRA?
5. What is the name of the guard that had been somewhat compassionate to Miller?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ryan finally gets to leave the hospital and is relieved. Ryan becomes uneasy when he is escorted to Buckingham Palace. Discuss Ryan's experience at Buckingham Palace and how it affects his involvement in the case.
2. What questions does Ryan ask himself when trying to identify patterns within the terrorist network?
3. Which two important figures watch the newscast? What are their individual reactions?
4. What skills are possessed by the unnamed attacker? What is the man's opinion of Jack Ryan?
5. What is the situation regarding Ryan's injuries? What is the status of his recovery?
6. Explain the scene outside the Naval Academy and why it is of importance. Discuss how the incident is resolved.
7. What tactic was used to try and thwart a terrorist attack during Miller's transfer? Where was Miller being taken?
8. Alex surmises that his gun has been recovered from the quarry. What is Alex's reaction to the news? What is Alex's final determination?
9. What is the next stage of the operation for Miller and O'Donnell? What is Alex's role in the plan?
10. What news is delivered to McKenney in regards to one of the ULA members? What is implied by O'Donnell regarding an upcoming transfer?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)