|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes Ryan's feelings when met being taken away from the hospital?
2. How many times does Ryan get shot in the opening scene?
3. Jack Ryan is dismayed when he is not longer able to remain _____.
(a) In England.
(b) At the hospital.
4. Ryan wakes to find that he is being protected by an officer of which organization?
(a) Special Branch.
(c) Queen's Guard.
5. How many pages is the report given to O'Donnell by Cooley?
Short Answer Questions
1. The attacker is a master of which of the following:
2. What is the name of Ryan's wife?
3. How long does it take for the officers to verify Ryan's credentials?
4. What type of boat was used by Miller and the others during the escape?
5. Who gives Ryan access to the information?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the British press being so hard on the Prince of Wales? Why is the Prince being blamed for the tragedy? What does Ryan say in response?
2. How do Miller and his companions escape from the scene of the ambush? What prohibits police from following the terrorists?
3. Miller is annoyed because Cathy is late leaving work. What causes Cathy Ryan to be late leaving the hospital?
4. Which two important figures watch the newscast? What are their individual reactions?
5. What detail about the visit from the Royals is Ryan not permitted to know? Why does it bother Ryan?
6. What happens to the information gathered by the recon cameras? How does it happen?
7. Who is McKenney and why is he irritated with O'Donnell? Is there a legitimate reason for the annoyance?
8. Why does Ryan get angry when he learns that Sinn Fein is scheduled to arrive from Ireland the next day?
9. What questions does Ryan ask himself when trying to identify patterns within the terrorist network?
10. Name at least two famous women who were executed at the Tower of London. Also note the year in which the last execution took place.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)