|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prison that had been holding Miller?
2. What is the name of the captured man?
3. How many times does Ryan get shot in the opening scene?
4. Ryan formerly belonged to which branch of the military?
(b) Air Force.
(d) Coast Guard.
5. It is believed that the shipment was stolen how many months ago?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ryan is released from the hospital and is met by which important person?
2. How long does it take for the trial to begin?
3. The reader is given insight into the mind of which of the following?
4. The Police find materials they believe to have been stolen the previous summer from which company?
5. Officers from which law enforcement agency visit Ryan in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the scene outside the Naval Academy and why it is of importance. Discuss how the incident is resolved.
2. What is the problem with listening in on Cooley's phone conversations? Who does Cooley call?
3. What does Ed Donoho do after learning about the accident involving Cathy and Sally? What is the result?
4. Why is the British press being so hard on the Prince of Wales? Why is the Prince being blamed for the tragedy? What does Ryan say in response?
5. Which two important figures watch the newscast? What are their individual reactions?
6. Name at least two famous women who were executed at the Tower of London. Also note the year in which the last execution took place.
7. What is part of the preparation Ryan must take to protect himself and the family? Who is on board to help with the preparation? What is Ryan told to do?
8. What happens after Ryan hears a grenade blast? What does he order the family to do? How does Ryan know what to do?
9. Ryan learns that he has a guard on the door and questions to answer. Discuss the scene.
10. What is the reaction of Kevin O'Donnell when he sees the news coverage of the Miller trial?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)