|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Ryan get shot in the opening scene?
2. Where is Miller supposed to be taken after leaving the prison? Where is Miller's new home?
(c) Isle of Wight.
(d) Isle of Man.
3. The person teams up with an American named ____.
4. Who meets Ryan back at the office?
5. To what type of drug was Ryan formerly addicted?
Short Answer Questions
1. It was originally suspected that the ______, a terrorist group was responsible for the attack.
2. Ryan wakes to find that he is being protected by an officer of which organization?
3. What causes a loud explosion as Ryan nears his destination?
4. What is the first name of the protagonist Ryan?
5. Where does Ryan intend to meet his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opening scene in the book, including the people and locations involved.
2. What is the reaction of Kevin O'Donnell when he sees the news coverage of the Miller trial?
3. What is Miller's issue about working with Alex on the plan to get revenge on Ryan?
4. What questions does Ryan ask himself when trying to identify patterns within the terrorist network?
5. What happens to jeopardize Ryan's anonymity? Who is going to benefit from the information?
6. The reader is introduced to Dennis Cooley, a bookstore owner. Discuss Cooley and why he is an important part of the story.
7. What is Ryan thinking about as he is making his way to the Mall?
8. What does Ed Donoho do after learning about the accident involving Cathy and Sally? What is the result?
9. Why is the British press being so hard on the Prince of Wales? Why is the Prince being blamed for the tragedy? What does Ryan say in response?
10. What information does the doctor give to Ryan and Jackson regarding Cathy's condition? What is said about Sally?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)