Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pages is the report returned by Ryan?
2. What was the name of the operation Ryan participated in for the CIA?
(a) Edinburgh Extraction.
(b) Canary Trap.
(c) Operation Black Box.
(d) Russian Roulette.
3. It is believed that the shipment was stolen how many months ago?
4. Jack Ryan is dismayed when he is not longer able to remain _____.
(a) At the hospital.
(d) In England.
5. Which of the following was not one of the officers to visit Ryan?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what type of drug was Ryan formerly addicted?
2. What word best describes Ryan's feelings when met being taken away from the hospital?
3. What type of boat was used by Miller and the others during the escape?
4. How long does it take for the officers to verify Ryan's credentials?
5. Who is Ryan's official employer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opening scene in the book, including the people and locations involved.
2. How does Ryan attempt to deal with Sally's demeanor when she returns home from the hospital? Does the plan work?
3. Although the evening with the Royals is pleasant, there are underlying issues that create tension. Discuss at least one or two of the underlying issues.
4. Discuss the conversation held between Ryan and Jackson at home. Do the men agree?
5. What valuable information is learned about Alex? What seems to be Alex's main goal?
6. Who finds Alex's gun? What type of gun is it? Where is it found?
7. What happens to the information gathered by the recon cameras? How does it happen?
8. What is the catalyst for Ryan to agree to sign on to the CIA? What is Greer's reaction?
9. What news is delivered to McKenney in regards to one of the ULA members? What is implied by O'Donnell regarding an upcoming transfer?
10. What surprise guest visits Ryan in the hospital? Describe at least part of what is discussed at the meeting.
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)