|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
2. What does Irene worry about?
3. How does Clare convince Irene to invite her to the dance?
4. What does Irene do to Clare when no one is around?
5. What does Irene tell Clare and Brian about running into John?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the emotions Irene displays in these chapters.
a) Why does she drop the tea cup?
b) Why doesn't she confide in Hugh Wentworth about her suspicions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concerns of Clare and Gertrude.
a) What concerns do they have about their children?
b) How does each woman deal with their mixed marriage?
c) What mistake does Clare make about her marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Summarize Part 1, Chapter 3 which describes how Clare and Irene renew their relationship.
a) Why is Irene reluctant to meet with Clare?
b) How does Clare convince Irene to accept her as a friend?
c) What are signs that Clare is very aggressive?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)