|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of party is Irene having in the afternoon?
2. What is Clare unwilling to give up?
3. What was the breaking point in the marriage for Brian?
4. How does Irene feel around Clare?
5. What word best describes Irene's feelings about Clare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summarize Part 1, Chapter 3 which describes how Clare and Irene renew their relationship.
a) Why is Irene reluctant to meet with Clare?
b) How does Clare convince Irene to accept her as a friend?
c) What are signs that Clare is very aggressive?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the emotions Irene displays in these chapters.
a) Why does she drop the tea cup?
b) Why doesn't she confide in Hugh Wentworth about her suspicions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concerns of Clare and Gertrude.
a) What concerns do they have about their children?
b) How does each woman deal with their mixed marriage?
c) What mistake does Clare make about her marriage?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)