|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the dance turn out?
2. Who offers to take Clare home?
3. How long does Irene struggle with the thought of Brian's affair with Clare?
4. What makes Irene think she's right about her feelings that Brian and Clare are involved?
5. What drove Irene to homicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summarize Part 3, Chapters 3 and 4 which are the concluding chapters of the book.
a) How does Irene feel when she runs into John?
b) What does she regret not telling him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what drives Irene to murder Clare.
a) What role does John have in deepening Irene's fears about losing her husband?
b) Why is it easier for Brian to think that John killed Clare?
Essay Topic 3
Summarize Part 3, Chapters 1 and 2 which describe Irene's growing suspicion that Clare and Brian are having an affair.
a) What aspect of Brian's behavior causes Irene to think that he's having an affair with Clare?
b) How does Hugh Wentworth react to Brian and Clare?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)