Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
2. What does Irene worry about?
3. How does Clare convince Irene to invite her to the dance?
4. What does Irene do to Clare when no one is around?
5. What does Irene tell Clare and Brian about running into John?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concerns of Clare and Gertrude.
a) What concerns do they have about their children?
b) How does each woman deal with their mixed marriage?
c) What mistake does Clare make about her marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what Irene contemplates as a way to save her marriage.
a) What does Irene think of telling John about Clare?
b) How would John respond to what Irene would tell him?
c) Why does Irene change her mind about taking with John?
Essay Topic 3
Summarize Part 2, Chapter 1 which introduces Irene's husband Brian into the story.
a) What strong feelings does Brian have on "passing"?
b) What advice does he give Irene about Clare?
c) What conflict exists between Irene and Brian?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)