Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
2. What does Irene worry about?
3. How does Clare convince Irene to invite her to the dance?
4. What does Irene do to Clare when no one is around?
5. What does Irene tell Clare and Brian about running into John?
Essay Topic 1
Describe what drives Irene to murder Clare.
a) What role does John have in deepening Irene's fears about losing her husband?
b) Why is it easier for Brian to think that John killed Clare?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what Irene contemplates as a way to save her marriage.
a) What does Irene think of telling John about Clare?
b) How would John respond to what Irene would tell him?
c) Why does Irene change her mind about taking with John?
Essay Topic 3
Summarize Part 2, Chapters 3 and 4 which describe how Clare positions herself in Irene's family.
a) What are the reactions of Irene's children and servants to Clare?
b) How does Brian react to Clare?
c) How does Irene attempt to make Clare's visits less frequent?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)