Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
2. What does Irene worry about?
3. How does Clare convince Irene to invite her to the dance?
4. What does Irene do to Clare when no one is around?
5. What does Irene tell Clare and Brian about running into John?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss John Bellew as a character and how he impacts the story.
a) How is John obnoxious?
b) How does he show that he's a racist? How is that ironic?
b) How does he treat his wife?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Irene reacts to John.
a) What is Irene's reaction to his racist remarks?
b) What do Irene and Gertrude discuss after they part with John and Clare?
c) What does Irene feel for Clare?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the rationalization Irene uses to come to grips with Brian's affair. Why does she think Clare will never leave John?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)