|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops by the party?
2. What is Clare unwilling to give up?
3. Who interrupts the conversation between Clare and Irene?
4. What is Irene doing when Clare comes to her house?
5. What does Irene decide to do about Clare's letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Irene react when she runs into John?
2. What plan does Irene consider that will rid her life of Clare?
3. How does Irene explain to Clare the reasons for not answering her letter?
4. What thoughts linger within Irene after the party? What does she begin to consider?
5. How does the Redfield household react to the frequent visits of Clare?
6. What happened to Clare?
7. What factor makes Irene accept Brian's relationship with Clare?
8. What is Irene's reaction when Clare shows up at her house for the Freeland party? How does she initially plan to keep her away from Brian?
9. What impressed Clare? What does she want Irene to tell her about?
10. What party preparation does Irene neglect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Summarize Part 2, Chapter 2 which describes how Clare interjects herself into Irene's family.
a) Why did Irene choose not to answer Clare's letter?
b) How does Clare convince Irene to accept her as a friend?
c) What are signs that Clare is very aggressive?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what Irene contemplates as a way to save her marriage.
a) What does Irene think of telling John about Clare?
b) How would John respond to what Irene would tell him?
c) Why does Irene change her mind about taking with John?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Irene reacts to John.
a) What is Irene's reaction to his racist remarks?
b) What do Irene and Gertrude discuss after they part with John and Clare?
c) What does Irene feel for Clare?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)