|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene think John will do if she tells him the secret?
(a) He might take his kids away from Clare.
(b) He might leave town.
(c) He might attack Brian.
(d) He might divorce or kill Clare.
2. What drove Irene to homicide?
(a) She wanted to keep what was hers.
(b) She had murdered before.
(c) She had always been jealous of Clare.
(d) She wanted to make Brian miserable.
3. What word best describes Irene's feelings about Clare?
4. Whom does Irene run into when she's shopping?
(b) John Bellew.
5. What season of the year is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What danger does Irene discuss with Clare?
2. What does John Bellew do when he finds Clare?
3. How do the children react to Clare?
4. What does Irene wonder about concerning her encounter with John?
5. What does Irene do when she returns from a shopping trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Irene decide not to reveal Clare's real race to John?
2. What does John tell Clare when he finds her at the party?
3. What makes Irene think her husband is having an affair with Clare?
4. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
5. What season of the year is it? What are possible reasons that Irene isn't in good spirits?
6. What person is watching Brian and Clare at the party? How does Irene try to draw attention away from Brian and Clare?
7. What makes Irene fear Brian will leave her? What does she do the prevent it?
8. What is Irene's reaction when Clare shows up at her house for the Freeland party? How does she initially plan to keep her away from Brian?
9. What do Irene and Clare get into a discussion about? Why is Clare upset?
10. Who telephones Irene when she and Clare are talking?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)