|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Brian's affair lessens its threat?
(a) Clare is unavailable.
(b) Brian is not in love with Clare.
(c) Clare has many lovers.
(d) Brian would never leave his children.
2. What does Irene do when she returns from a shopping trip?
(a) Makes dinner.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Starts wrapping presents.
(d) Hides gifts.
3. What happened to Clare?
(a) She recovered.
(b) She fell on a tree and survived.
(c) She was unconscious.
(d) She died immediately.
4. At whom does Wentworth stare disapprovingly?
(d) Brian and Clare.
5. Why didn't Irene want to invite Clare?
(a) Irene doesn't like her.
(b) Wentworth doesn't like her.
(c) Irene is afraid that Brian is attracted to her.
(d) Clare is always the center of attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Irene receive a visit?
2. How do the servants react to Clare?
3. How does Irene react to her realization that Clare and Brian are involved?
4. Who calls to say she'll be attending Mrs. Freeland's party?
5. What is Clare's mood when she visits Irene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Irene's reaction when Clare shows up at her house for the Freeland party? How does she initially plan to keep her away from Brian?
2. How does the Redfield household react to the frequent visits of Clare?
3. What thoughts linger within Irene after the party? What does she begin to consider?
4. Whom is Irene with when she runs into John Bellow?:
5. What happened to Clare?
6. Why does Irene decide not to reveal Clare's real race to John?
7. When does Irene see Clare again?
8. What person is watching Brian and Clare at the party? How does Irene try to draw attention away from Brian and Clare?
9. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
10. Who telephones Irene when she and Clare are talking?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)