|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clare convince Irene to invite her to the dance?
(a) She threatens her.
(b) She charms her.
(c) She cries.
(d) She pouts.
2. At whom does Wentworth stare disapprovingly?
(b) Brian and Clare.
3. What does Irene realize about Clare and Brian?
(a) They are not to be trusted.
(b) They don't like each other.
(c) They are alike.
(d) They are having an affair.
4. Why does Irene think it's not a good idea to correspond with Clare?
(a) They will both be in danger.
(b) They are no longer close.
(c) Irene no longer respects Clare.
(d) Brian doesn't want Irene to correspond.
5. How do the servants react to Clare?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They love her.
(c) They don't like her.
(d) They treat her with respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irene do when she returns from a shopping trip?
2. Why did Irene regret not speaking to John Bellew?
3. How do the children react to Clare?
4. How does Irene feel about Clare's frequent visits?
5. What does Irene drop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Clare?
2. Whom is Irene with when she runs into John Bellow?:
3. What does John tell Clare when he finds her at the party?
4. How does Irene react when she runs into John?
5. How does the dance turn out? Who dances with Clare?
6. What surprise guest appears at the Freeland's party?
7. How does Irene explain to Clare the reasons for not answering her letter?
8. What season of the year is it? What are possible reasons that Irene isn't in good spirits?
9. What makes Irene think her husband is having an affair with Clare?
10. Why does Irene decide not to reveal Clare's real race to John?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)