|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Irene receive a visit?
2. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
(a) She had no troubles.
(b) Her marriage was perfect.
(c) Brian was happy and content.
(d) Brian was in love with her.
3. Why does Irene think it's not a good idea to correspond with Clare?
(a) They are no longer close.
(b) Brian doesn't want Irene to correspond.
(c) Irene no longer respects Clare.
(d) They will both be in danger.
4. Irene is afraid that John Bellew might _____________.
(a) Cause a scene.
(b) Divorce Clare.
(c) Punch Brian.
(d) Confront Irene.
5. Where does Clare becomes a regular visitor?
(a) The local church.
(b) The dance hall.
(c) The Redfield home.
(d) Wenthworth's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Brian and Clare doing at the party?
2. What does Irene realize about Clare and Brian?
3. Why does Irene think that it's a bad idea for Irene to go to the dance?
4. What is Clare's mood when she visits Irene?
5. What kind of party is Irene having in the afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Irene think her husband is having an affair with Clare?
2. What person is watching Brian and Clare at the party? How does Irene try to draw attention away from Brian and Clare?
3. What does Clare learn about the dance that makes her want to be invited?
4. What does Irene regret not saying to John when she ran into him?
5. What do Irene and Clare get into a discussion about? Why is Clare upset?
6. What factor makes Irene accept Brian's relationship with Clare?
7. How does the Redfield household react to the frequent visits of Clare?
8. What is Irene's mood as she prepares for the party? What emotions is she feeling during the party?
9. How does Irene explain to Clare the reasons for not answering her letter?
10. How does Clare react to Irene ignoring her letter?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)