|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dance turn out?
(a) There's a low turnout.
(b) It was too crowded.
(c) It's a flop.
(d) It's a success.
2. What does Irene worry about?
(a) Clare may not be dead.
(b) Brian will be angry with her.
(c) Clare will tell people who pushed her.
(d) Brian will feel more sorry for Clare.
3. How does Clare react to her discussion with Irene?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She bursts into tears.
(d) She gets angry.
4. What aspect of Brian's affair lessens its threat?
(a) Clare is unavailable.
(b) Brian is not in love with Clare.
(c) Brian would never leave his children.
(d) Clare has many lovers.
5. Why does Clare stay with John?
(a) Clare would lose everything if she divorced.
(b) John allows her to have lovers.
(c) Clare loves him.
(d) Clare's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Irene think of telling John Bellew?
2. What does Irene decide to do about Clare's letter?
3. What word best describes Irene's feelings about Clare?
4. Whom was Clare with when she became reacquainted with Irene?
5. How long does Irene struggle with the thought of Brian's affair with Clare?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)