|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene do to Clare when no one is around?
(a) She chokes her.
(b) She tells her to leave.
(c) She pushes her out the window.
(d) She slaps her.
2. Who arranged for a ride for Clare?
3. Why doesn't Irene get to introduce Clare to Brian?
(a) Brian doesn't want to meet her.
(b) Brian's not there.
(c) She doesn't want them to meet.
(d) She's busy dressing.
4. What does John Bellew say to Clare?
(a) He wants a divorce.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He knows about her affair.
(d) He knows what she is.
5. How does Irene plan to keep Clare away from Bryan?
(a) Tell her Brian is out.
(b) Tell her to go ahead to the party.
(c) Ask her to come back later.
(d) Have her stay while she dresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the breaking point in the marriage for Brian?
2. What is Irene doing when Clare comes to her house?
3. What is Clare unwilling to give up?
4. How does Irene react to Clare's request?
5. What does Clare want to hear about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Irene think her husband is having an affair with Clare?
2. How does Irene explain to Clare the reasons for not answering her letter?
3. When does Irene see Clare again?
4. What does John tell Clare when he finds her at the party?
5. What party preparation does Irene neglect?
6. Why does Irene think that Brian's affair with Clare will not result in his leaving?
7. How does the Redfield household react to the frequent visits of Clare?
8. What impressed Clare? What does she want Irene to tell her about?
9. What is Irene's reaction when Clare shows up at her house for the Freeland party? How does she initially plan to keep her away from Brian?
10. What person is watching Brian and Clare at the party? How does Irene try to draw attention away from Brian and Clare?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)