|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian react to Clare's visits?
(a) He's annoyed with her.
(b) He's fall under her spell.
(c) He leaves the room when she comes.
(d) He's bored with her.
2. How does the dance turn out?
(a) It was too crowded.
(b) It's a success.
(c) There's a low turnout.
(d) It's a flop.
3. What is Clare's mood when she visits Irene?
4. What does Irene do to Clare when no one is around?
(a) She tells her to leave.
(b) She chokes her.
(c) She pushes her out the window.
(d) She slaps her.
5. Why did Irene regret not speaking to John Bellew?
(a) She could have gave him a piece of her mind.
(b) She could have told him about Clare's racial heritage.
(c) She could have invited him over.
(d) She could have apologize to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom was Clare with when she became reacquainted with Irene?
2. What was the breaking point in the marriage for Brian?
3. Why did Brian invite Clare to the party?
4. Why does Irene think that it's a bad idea for Irene to go to the dance?
5. How might Clare have died for nothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who telephones Irene when she and Clare are talking?
2. Why had Irene left Clare's name off the guest list?
3. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
4. How does the dance turn out? Who dances with Clare?
5. What is Irene's reaction when Clare shows up at her house for the Freeland party? How does she initially plan to keep her away from Brian?
6. How does the Redfield household react to the frequent visits of Clare?
7. What does Clare learn about the dance that makes her want to be invited?
8. How does Irene react when she runs into John?
9. What thoughts linger within Irene after the party? What does she begin to consider?
10. What impressed Clare? What does she want Irene to tell her about?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)