|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Irene afraid might happen if Clare gets a divorce?
(a) Irene will leave town.
(b) John will involve Brian.
(c) Brian will leave her for Clare.
(d) Clare will be over more often.
2. What is Clare's mood when she visits Irene?
3. What is Clare unwilling to give up?
(a) The things that are important to her.
(b) Her friendship with Irene.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Her heritage.
4. How does Irene feel about Christmas?
(b) She's not in the spirit.
(c) Wants to decorate.
(d) Anxious to go shopping.
5. Why does Clare stay with John?
(a) Clare would lose everything if she divorced.
(b) Clare loves him.
(c) John allows her to have lovers.
(d) Clare's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Irene think she's right about her feelings that Brian and Clare are involved?
2. What does Irene regret about killing Clare?
3. With whom does Clare dance?
4. How do the children react to Clare?
5. How does Irene feel around Clare?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Irene consider that will rid her life of Clare?
2. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
3. How does Irene react when she runs into John?
4. Why had Irene left Clare's name off the guest list?
5. What do Irene and Clare get into a discussion about? Why is Clare upset?
6. What surprise guest appears at the Freeland's party?
7. How does Irene react to Clare's request to be invited to the dance? How is Irene convinced to allow Clare to attend?
8. What person is watching Brian and Clare at the party? How does Irene try to draw attention away from Brian and Clare?
9. What impressed Clare? What does she want Irene to tell her about?
10. What happened to Clare?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)