|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dance turn out?
(a) There's a low turnout.
(b) It was too crowded.
(c) It's a success.
(d) It's a flop.
2. What makes Irene think she's right about her feelings that Brian and Clare are involved?
(a) She heard rumors about it.
(b) She has been seen with other men.
(c) Clare confessed.
(d) She followed them.
3. Who stops by the party?
(a) John Bellew.
4. What does John Bellew do when he finds Clare?
(a) He yells at her.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He kisses her on the cheek.
(d) He ignores her.
5. How long does Irene struggle with the thought of Brian's affair with Clare?
(a) One month.
(b) Four days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps pick up Irene's tea cup?
2. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
3. What are Brian and Clare doing at the party?
4. For whom is Irene throwing a party?
5. How do the servants react to Clare?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who telephones Irene when she and Clare are talking?
2. What plan does Irene consider that will rid her life of Clare?
3. Why had Irene left Clare's name off the guest list?
4. What happened to Clare?
5. How does the dance turn out? Who dances with Clare?
6. Whom is Irene with when she runs into John Bellow?:
7. What factor makes Irene accept Brian's relationship with Clare?
8. What is Irene's reaction when Clare shows up at her house for the Freeland party? How does she initially plan to keep her away from Brian?
9. What impressed Clare? What does she want Irene to tell her about?
10. What makes Irene think her husband is having an affair with Clare?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)