|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Irene feel about Clare's frequent visits?
(a) Pushed out.
2. Why did Brian invite Clare to the party?
(a) He wants Irene and Clare to make up.
(b) He wanted to make Irene jealous.
(c) He wanted to see her again.
(d) She was upset that Irene didn't invite her.
3. How does Irene plan to keep Clare away from Bryan?
(a) Tell her Brian is out.
(b) Tell her to go ahead to the party.
(c) Ask her to come back later.
(d) Have her stay while she dresses.
4. Whom does Irene run into when she's shopping?
(c) John Bellew.
5. What drove Irene to homicide?
(a) She wanted to keep what was hers.
(b) She had murdered before.
(c) She wanted to make Brian miserable.
(d) She had always been jealous of Clare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clare want to hear about?
2. How does Irene feel around Clare?
3. What does Irene think John will do if she tells him the secret?
4. Irene is afraid that John Bellew might _____________.
5. How long does Irene struggle with the thought of Brian's affair with Clare?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clare react to Irene ignoring her letter?
2. What is Irene's mood as she prepares for the party? What emotions is she feeling during the party?
3. How does the Redfield household react to the frequent visits of Clare?
4. What is Irene's reaction when Clare shows up at her house for the Freeland party? How does she initially plan to keep her away from Brian?
5. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
6. Why does Irene think that Brian's affair with Clare will not result in his leaving?
7. Whom is Irene with when she runs into John Bellow?:
8. Why does Irene decide not to reveal Clare's real race to John?
9. Who telephones Irene when she and Clare are talking?
10. What makes Irene fear Brian will leave her? What does she do the prevent it?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)