|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Bellew say to Clare?
(a) He knows about her affair.
(b) He knows what she is.
(c) He wants a divorce.
(d) He loves her.
2. How does Irene react to Clare's request?
(a) She resists.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) She agrees.
(d) She rejects it.
3. How might Clare have died for nothing?
(a) Brian realized he loved Irene.
(b) Brian broke off the affair with Clare.
(c) She may not have been having an affair with Brian.
(d) She broke off her affair with Brian.
4. What happened to Clare?
(a) She fell on a tree and survived.
(b) She recovered.
(c) She was unconscious.
(d) She died immediately.
5. What does Clare want to hear about?
(a) Wentworth's next project.
(b) Wentworth's newest book.
(c) The dance.
(d) The museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Irene regret not speaking to John Bellew?
2. Why did Brian invite Clare to the party?
3. How does she shield the truth from Wentworth?
4. Who helps pick up Irene's tea cup?
5. What drove Irene to homicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Irene think her husband is having an affair with Clare?
2. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
3. What season of the year is it? What are possible reasons that Irene isn't in good spirits?
4. How does Irene react to Clare's request to be invited to the dance? How is Irene convinced to allow Clare to attend?
5. What person is watching Brian and Clare at the party? How does Irene try to draw attention away from Brian and Clare?
6. What do Irene and Clare get into a discussion about? Why is Clare upset?
7. What plan does Irene consider that will rid her life of Clare?
8. Why does Irene think that Brian's affair with Clare will not result in his leaving?
9. What party preparation does Irene neglect?
10. What makes Irene fear Brian will leave her? What does she do the prevent it?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)