|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Clare ask to invite her to the dance?
2. What will Irene never know about Clare and Brian?
(a) How much they are together.
(b) How long they have been involved.
(c) If they are sexually involved.
(d) What they say about her.
3. With whom does Clare dance?
(a) Brian and many other men.
(b) Everyone but Brian.
(d) A handsome stranger.
4. From whom does Irene receive a visit?
5. Who saw Irene push Clare?
(c) Mrs. Freeland.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Irene afraid for Wentworth to know?
2. What does Irene drop?
3. Who stops by the party?
4. What drove Irene to homicide?
5. What does Irene regret about killing Clare?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Irene fear Brian will leave her? What does she do the prevent it?
2. Why had Irene left Clare's name off the guest list?
3. What happened to Clare?
4. What person is watching Brian and Clare at the party? How does Irene try to draw attention away from Brian and Clare?
5. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
6. Whom is Irene with when she runs into John Bellow?:
7. Why does Irene think that Brian's affair with Clare will not result in his leaving?
8. How does the dance turn out? Who dances with Clare?
9. What does John tell Clare when he finds her at the party?
10. What party preparation does Irene neglect?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)