|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Could the alleged affair between Brian and Clare be in Irene's imagination?
(c) Yes, Wentworth knows it's not true.
(d) No, she has evidence.
2. Does Brian seem to be in love with Clare?
(b) Only when Clare makes him jealous.
(d) Only when Irene gets upset.
3. How does Irene react to John Bellew?
(a) She snubs him.
(b) She turns away from him.
(c) She greets him.
(d) She smiles at him.
4. What season of the year is it?
5. Whom did Irene blame for a failed marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irene decide to do about Clare's letter?
2. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
3. What does Irene worry about?
4. Who saw Irene push Clare?
5. What does Irene do to Clare when no one is around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise guest appears at the Freeland's party?
2. What impressed Clare? What does she want Irene to tell her about?
3. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
4. Who telephones Irene when she and Clare are talking?
5. What is Irene's reaction when Clare shows up at her house for the Freeland party? How does she initially plan to keep her away from Brian?
6. How does Irene react to Clare's request to be invited to the dance? How is Irene convinced to allow Clare to attend?
7. How does the Redfield household react to the frequent visits of Clare?
8. What happened to Clare?
9. What does John tell Clare when he finds her at the party?
10. What season of the year is it? What are possible reasons that Irene isn't in good spirits?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)