|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clare want to hear about?
(a) The museum.
(b) The dance.
(c) Wentworth's newest book.
(d) Wentworth's next project.
2. How does Brian react to Clare's visits?
(a) He leaves the room when she comes.
(b) He's fall under her spell.
(c) He's bored with her.
(d) He's annoyed with her.
3. Irene is afraid that John Bellew might _____________.
(a) Punch Brian.
(b) Cause a scene.
(c) Confront Irene.
(d) Divorce Clare.
4. Irene is shopping with what black friend?
(c) Mrs. Felise Freeland.
5. Who stops by the party?
(d) John Bellew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irene want to accomplish by telling John the secret?
2. What is Hugh Wentworth famous for?
3. What did Irene hope to accomplish with Clare gone?
4. What does Irene do to Clare when no one is around?
5. Why can't Brian hide his feelings for Clare?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
2. How does Clare react to Irene ignoring her letter?
3. What makes Irene fear Brian will leave her? What does she do the prevent it?
4. What person is watching Brian and Clare at the party? How does Irene try to draw attention away from Brian and Clare?
5. What thoughts linger within Irene after the party? What does she begin to consider?
6. What impressed Clare? What does she want Irene to tell her about?
7. Why had Irene left Clare's name off the guest list?
8. What does John tell Clare when he finds her at the party?
9. Why does Irene decide not to reveal Clare's real race to John?
10. What makes Irene think her husband is having an affair with Clare?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)