|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops by the party?
(b) John Bellew.
2. Who offers to take Clare home?
(c) A handsome stranger.
3. What does Irene do to Clare when no one is around?
(a) She tells her to leave.
(b) She pushes her out the window.
(c) She chokes her.
(d) She slaps her.
4. Why does Irene think it's not a good idea to correspond with Clare?
(a) They are no longer close.
(b) They will both be in danger.
(c) Irene no longer respects Clare.
(d) Brian doesn't want Irene to correspond.
5. Whom did Irene blame for a failed marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clare want to hear about?
2. With whom does Clare dance?
3. For whom is Irene throwing a party?
4. Why does Irene think that it's a bad idea for Irene to go to the dance?
5. From whom does Irene receive a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What thoughts linger within Irene after the party? What does she begin to consider?
2. Whom is Irene with when she runs into John Bellow?:
3. What is Irene's mood as she prepares for the party? What emotions is she feeling during the party?
4. What happened to Clare?
5. What does John tell Clare when he finds her at the party?
6. Why had Irene left Clare's name off the guest list?
7. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
8. What makes Irene fear Brian will leave her? What does she do the prevent it?
9. Why does Irene decide not to reveal Clare's real race to John?
10. What makes Irene think her husband is having an affair with Clare?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)