|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clare's mood when she visits Irene?
2. How does she shield the truth from Wentworth?
(a) She makes an excuse.
(b) She leaves the room.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She refuses to discuss it.
3. How does Brian react to Clare's visits?
(a) He's fall under her spell.
(b) He leaves the room when she comes.
(c) He's annoyed with her.
(d) He's bored with her.
4. What makes Irene think she's right about her feelings that Brian and Clare are involved?
(a) Clare confessed.
(b) She heard rumors about it.
(c) She followed them.
(d) She has been seen with other men.
5. What does Irene do when she returns from a shopping trip?
(a) Makes dinner.
(b) Hides gifts.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Starts wrapping presents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clare want to hear about?
2. Why does Irene suspect an affair between Clare and Brian?
3. What are Brian and Clare doing at the party?
4. Whom does John Bellew look for at the party?
5. How does Irene plan to keep Clare away from Bryan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Irene react when she runs into John?
2. Who telephones Irene when she and Clare are talking?
3. What makes Irene fear Brian will leave her? What does she do the prevent it?
4. What makes Irene think her husband is having an affair with Clare?
5. Why had Irene left Clare's name off the guest list?
6. What impressed Clare? What does she want Irene to tell her about?
7. What season of the year is it? What are possible reasons that Irene isn't in good spirits?
8. Whom is Irene with when she runs into John Bellow?:
9. What happened to Clare?
10. What does Clare learn about the dance that makes her want to be invited?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)