|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whom does Wentworth stare disapprovingly?
(b) Brian and Clare.
2. How does Brian react to Clare's visits?
(a) He's bored with her.
(b) He leaves the room when she comes.
(c) He's fall under her spell.
(d) He's annoyed with her.
3. How do the servants react to Clare?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They don't like her.
(c) They treat her with respect.
(d) They love her.
4. With whom does Clare dance?
(a) Brian and many other men.
(b) Everyone but Brian.
(c) A handsome stranger.
5. What does Irene realize about Clare and Brian?
(a) They are having an affair.
(b) They are alike.
(c) They are not to be trusted.
(d) They don't like each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Irene never know about Clare and Brian?
2. What does John Bellew say to Clare?
3. How does Clare convince Irene to invite her to the dance?
4. What was the breaking point in the marriage for Brian?
5. What did Irene hope to accomplish with Clare gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Clare?
2. What season of the year is it? What are possible reasons that Irene isn't in good spirits?
3. What person is watching Brian and Clare at the party? How does Irene try to draw attention away from Brian and Clare?
4. Why does Irene decide not to reveal Clare's real race to John?
5. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
6. What plan does Irene consider that will rid her life of Clare?
7. What factor makes Irene accept Brian's relationship with Clare?
8. How does Irene react to Clare's request to be invited to the dance? How is Irene convinced to allow Clare to attend?
9. Why had Irene left Clare's name off the guest list?
10. What does Irene regret not saying to John when she ran into him?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)