|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clare's mood when she visits Irene?
2. Who arranged for a ride for Clare?
3. Why did Irene regret not speaking to John Bellew?
(a) She could have told him about Clare's racial heritage.
(b) She could have invited him over.
(c) She could have apologize to him.
(d) She could have gave him a piece of her mind.
4. What drove Irene to homicide?
(a) She wanted to make Brian miserable.
(b) She had murdered before.
(c) She wanted to keep what was hers.
(d) She had always been jealous of Clare.
5. Who invited Clare to the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops by the party?
2. What does Clare want to hear about?
3. What does Irene do to Clare when no one is around?
4. Why didn't Irene want to invite Clare?
5. Why can't Brian hide his feelings for Clare?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who telephones Irene when she and Clare are talking?
2. What party preparation does Irene neglect?
3. What does John tell Clare when he finds her at the party?
4. How does the dance turn out? Who dances with Clare?
5. What makes Irene fear Brian will leave her? What does she do the prevent it?
6. What person is watching Brian and Clare at the party? How does Irene try to draw attention away from Brian and Clare?
7. Why does Irene decide not to reveal Clare's real race to John?
8. When does Irene see Clare again?
9. What do Irene and Clare get into a discussion about? Why is Clare upset?
10. What impressed Clare? What does she want Irene to tell her about?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)