|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Brian's affair lessens its threat?
(a) Clare has many lovers.
(b) Brian is not in love with Clare.
(c) Brian would never leave his children.
(d) Clare is unavailable.
2. Why did Brian invite Clare to the party?
(a) He wanted to see her again.
(b) He wants Irene and Clare to make up.
(c) He wanted to make Irene jealous.
(d) She was upset that Irene didn't invite her.
3. Whom did Irene blame for a failed marriage?
4. Whom does Brian talk to at the party?
(d) Mrs. Freeland.
5. How does Clare react to her discussion with Irene?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She gets angry.
(c) She bursts into tears.
(d) She laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irene wonder about concerning her encounter with John?
2. What is Irene afraid might happen if Clare gets a divorce?
3. How might Clare have died for nothing?
4. What was the breaking point in the marriage for Brian?
5. Who offers to take Clare home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Irene decide not to reveal Clare's real race to John?
2. What happened to Clare?
3. How does Irene explain to Clare the reasons for not answering her letter?
4. How does Clare react to Irene ignoring her letter?
5. What impressed Clare? What does she want Irene to tell her about?
6. What does Irene regret not saying to John when she ran into him?
7. Whom is Irene with when she runs into John Bellow?:
8. Why does Irene think that Brian's affair with Clare will not result in his leaving?
9. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
10. What makes Irene think her husband is having an affair with Clare?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)