|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Bellew do when he finds Clare?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He kisses her on the cheek.
2. How does Brian react to Clare's visits?
(a) He's annoyed with her.
(b) He leaves the room when she comes.
(c) He's fall under her spell.
(d) He's bored with her.
3. What danger does Irene discuss with Clare?
(a) Visiting at night.
(b) Creating a threat to Irene's marriage.
(c) Creating a threat to her marriage.
(d) Coming to Harlem.
4. Whom does John Bellew look for at the party?
(a) Mrs. Freeland.
5. Why did Irene regret not speaking to John Bellew?
(a) She could have apologize to him.
(b) She could have told him about Clare's racial heritage.
(c) She could have gave him a piece of her mind.
(d) She could have invited him over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irene decide to do about Clare's letter?
2. What is Irene doing when Clare comes to her house?
3. Irene is afraid that John Bellew might _____________.
4. Whom did Irene blame for a failed marriage?
5. How might Clare have died for nothing?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)