|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Bellew say to Clare?
(a) He wants a divorce.
(b) He knows what she is.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He knows about her affair.
2. How long does Irene struggle with the thought of Brian's affair with Clare?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four days.
3. How does Irene feel around Clare?
4. What is Hugh Wentworth famous for?
5. For whom is Irene throwing a party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw Irene push Clare?
2. Does Brian seem to be in love with Clare?
3. From whom does Irene receive a visit?
4. How do the servants react to Clare?
5. Who offers to take Clare home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What thoughts linger within Irene after the party? What does she begin to consider?
2. Why had Irene left Clare's name off the guest list?
3. What does John tell Clare when he finds her at the party?
4. How does the dance turn out? Who dances with Clare?
5. What happened to Clare?
6. What factor makes Irene accept Brian's relationship with Clare?
7. Why does Irene think that Brian's affair with Clare will not result in his leaving?
8. Why does Irene decide not to reveal Clare's real race to John?
9. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
10. What plan does Irene consider that will rid her life of Clare?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)