|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Clare?
(a) She died immediately.
(b) She fell on a tree and survived.
(c) She recovered.
(d) She was unconscious.
2. With whom does Clare dance?
(a) Brian and many other men.
(b) A handsome stranger.
(c) Everyone but Brian.
3. Why did Brian invite Clare to the party?
(a) He wanted to make Irene jealous.
(b) She was upset that Irene didn't invite her.
(c) He wants Irene and Clare to make up.
(d) He wanted to see her again.
4. Who stops by the party?
(b) John Bellew.
5. How does Clare convince Irene to invite her to the dance?
(a) She cries.
(b) She pouts.
(c) She charms her.
(d) She threatens her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Brian hide his feelings for Clare?
2. How does Irene feel about Clare's frequent visits?
3. What will Irene never know about Clare and Brian?
4. Where does Clare becomes a regular visitor?
5. What does John Bellew say to Clare?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Redfield household react to the frequent visits of Clare?
2. Why does Irene decide not to reveal Clare's real race to John?
3. What surprise guest appears at the Freeland's party?
4. What does Clare learn about the dance that makes her want to be invited?
5. How does Irene react when she runs into John?
6. How does Clare react to Irene ignoring her letter?
7. What plan does Irene consider that will rid her life of Clare?
8. When does Irene see Clare again?
9. Who invited Clare to the party for Hugh Wentworth and why?
10. What does John tell Clare when he finds her at the party?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)