|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gertrude's husband know about her heritage?
(a) She is part Mexican.
(b) She is black.
(c) She is white.
(d) She is mixed.
2. What does Irene order at the hotel?
(b) A snack.
(c) A sandwich.
3. What does Clare express in her note?
(a) She wants to leave John.
(b) She is glad she is married to a white man.
(c) She regrets she is part black.
(d) She wants to return to her race.
4. What does Irene plan to organize for the Negro Welfare League?
(a) A town hall meeting.
(b) A dance.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A committee meeting.
5. For whom does Irene have the most concern?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Irene and Brian call their son?
2. What relationship did the woman have to Irene?
3. Where does Irene promise to meet Clare at the next Tuesday?
4. What does Irene ask Brian to do after breakfast?
5. What kept Irene from standing up to John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brian tell Irene about someone who can pass for white?
2. How does Brian and Irene's trip to the printer's business turn out? Who leaves mad?
3. What made it easy for Clare to pass as white?
4. When did Clare disappear from the Chicago neighborhood where she and Irene lived?
5. What do Irene and Brian discuss on the way to the printer's business?
6. What are Irene Redfield's recollections as she reads the letter from Clare Kendry?
7. Where does Irene travel to the day after her meeting with Clare? How does Irene first respond to Clare's note?
8. How was Clare secretive when she ran into Irene?
9. Why did Irene's father keep it from Irene that Clare was passing for white?
10. How does Irene react to John Bellew's cruel words?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)