|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nella spend the majority of her childhood?
(a) Her grandmother's house.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) Her aunt's farm.
(d) In Europe.
2. What is the name of the woman who comes to Claire's table?
(a) Clare Kendeall.
(b) Carol Kendrick.
(c) Clare Kendry.
(d) Colleen Kendry.
3. Who sits near Irene at the hotel?
(a) Two men.
(b) An old couple.
(c) Two women.
(d) A young couple.
4. Why does Brian become angry?
(a) Irene is too domineering.
(b) Irene doesn't understand him.
(c) Irene doesn't think he's doing the right thing for his children.
(d) Irene is too critical of him.
5. Where does Irene want Brian to take Junior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian advise Irene to do relative to Clare?
2. Who stares at Irene at the hotel?
3. How does Irene react to her husband's thoughts about Clare?
4. Who comes to Irene's table?
5. Why is it hard for Irene to resist seeing Clare?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clare tell Irene in the note she sent to Irene?
2. When did Irene become reacquainted with her childhood friend, Clare Kendry? What were the circumstances?
3. How does the dance turn out? Who dances with Clare?
4. What does Clare dislike about being able to pass for white?
5. Whom is Irene with when she runs into John Bellow?:
6. When did Clare disappear from the Chicago neighborhood where she and Irene lived?
7. What name does John Bellew, Clare's husband, call his wife? Why?
8. What makes Irene fear Brian will leave her? What does she do the prevent it?
9. After Clare and Irene run into each other at the hotel, when do they plan to meet again? How does Irene really feel about seeing her again?
10. What are Irene Redfield's recollections as she reads the letter from Clare Kendry?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)