|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene think of the couple who sits near her at the hotel?
2. Who does Irene Redfield receive a letter from?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) A childhood friend.
(d) Her mother.
3. Where does the cab driver take Irene?
(a) A small cafe.
(b) The Carlisle Hotel.
(c) A diner.
(d) The Drayton Hotel.
4. Whom do Irene and Gertrude talk about?
(a) John Bellew.
(c) Clare and John.
(d) Clare's father.
5. Where does Nella spend the majority of her childhood?
(a) Her grandmother's house.
(b) Her aunt's farm.
(c) Boarding school.
(d) In Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Irene and Brian agree on about Clare?
2. How does Brian react to Irene's request to take Junior away?
3. What issue does Irene have with Clare?
4. What do Brian and Irene discuss as they eat breakfast?
5. What invitation does Irene accept from Clare?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factor makes Irene accept Brian's relationship with Clare?
2. How does Brian respond to Irene's concerns about Junior?
3. How does the dance turn out? Who dances with Clare?
4. When did Clare disappear from the Chicago neighborhood where she and Irene lived?
5. How does Irene react to Clare's request to be invited to the dance? How is Irene convinced to allow Clare to attend?
6. What does Brian tell Irene about someone who can pass for white?
7. What are Irene Redfield's recollections as she reads the letter from Clare Kendry?
8. Why did Irene's father keep it from Irene that Clare was passing for white?
9. What does Irene regret not saying to John when she ran into him?
10. How do Irene and Gertrude feel after they leave the meeting with Clare and John?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)