|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Brian have a desire to live?
(c) South Africa.
2. Whom is Irene determined not to see again?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Clare Kendry.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her father.
3. Where does Irene has the cab driver to take her?
(a) A cheap place.
(b) A distant place.
(c) A quiet place.
(d) A cool place.
4. What do Irene and Brian call their son?
(b) Little Brian.
(d) Brian II.
5. Who comes to Irene's table?
(a) The man.
(b) The host.
(c) The waiter.
(d) The woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clare say about John's behavior in her note?
2. Who is in the most jeopardy?
3. What does Brian advise Irene to do relative to Clare?
4. Whom else did Clare invite to tea?
5. How is Clare's coloring described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What biased talk offends Irene when she meets with Clare and Gertrude?
2. What do Brian and Irene discuss while they eat breakfast?
3. What does Clare dislike about being able to pass for white?
4. When did Clare disappear from the Chicago neighborhood where she and Irene lived?
5. What relative of Clare Kendry's was white?
6. Who interrupts Irene when she is reading Clare's letter? What did the letter keep her from doing?
7. What does Brian tell Irene about someone who can pass for white?
8. How do Irene and Gertrude feel after they leave the meeting with Clare and John?
9. What is Irene's intention in bring up Junior's problems?
10. What does Brian advise Irene to do about Clare?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)