|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene order at the hotel?
(b) A sandwich.
(d) A snack.
2. For whom does Irene have the most concern?
3. To whom is Gertrude married?
(a) A Mexican man.
(b) A white man.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A black man.
4. Why does Irene bring up Junior's problems?
(a) She wants Brian to talk to Junior.
(b) She wants Brian to complain to the school.
(c) She wants Brian to take Junior away.
(d) She wants Brian to pay more attention to Junior.
5. Where does Irene want Brian to take Junior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue does Irene have with Clare?
2. Why does Irene want Brian to take Junior away?
3. Irene thinks the woman who sits near her at the hotel looks _____________.
4. What is the name of the woman who comes to Claire's table?
5. Clare can pass as _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who interrupts Irene when she is reading Clare's letter? What did the letter keep her from doing?
2. How do Irene and Gertrude feel after they leave the meeting with Clare and John?
3. What is Irene's intention in bring up Junior's problems?
4. How does Brian respond to Irene's concerns about Junior?
5. How does Brian and Irene's trip to the printer's business turn out? Who leaves mad?
6. What is some background information about the author?
7. What relative of Clare Kendry's was white?
8. What are Irene's plans about meeting Clare? How does she wind up meeting her?
9. What does Clare dislike about being able to pass for white?
10. Where does Irene ask Brian to drive her to? What business does she intend to take care of?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)