|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irene recalls a trip to what city?
(d) St. Louis.
2. When does this chapter take place?
(a) Right after her encounter with Clare in Chicago.
(b) One year after her meeting with Clare in Chicago.
(c) Two years after her encounter with Clare in Chicago.
(d) Before her meeting with Clare in Chicago.
3. What does Brian think is appropriate for Junior to learn?
(a) A foreign language.
(b) What the other kids are telling him.
(c) How to take up for himself.
(d) What is taught at his school.
4. What does Brian advise Irene to do relative to Clare?
(a) Encourage her.
(b) Scold her.
(c) Not encourage her.
(d) Ignore her.
5. When do Irene and Brian discuss their son?
(a) On the phone.
(b) On the way to the printers.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In their bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Gertrude married?
2. Why is it hard for Irene to resist seeing Clare?
3. Where does Irene want Brian to take Junior?
4. What good quality does Irene have?
5. What does Irene want to drink when she finishes shopping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relative of Clare Kendry's was white?
2. What are John Bellew's real feelings about black people?
3. How was Clare secretive when she ran into Irene?
4. What are Irene Redfield's recollections as she reads the letter from Clare Kendry?
5. How does Irene react to John Bellew's cruel words?
6. When does Irene decide to write Clare back? How has she decided to respond?
7. How does Brian respond to Irene's concerns about Junior?
8. What do Brian and Irene discuss while they eat breakfast?
9. When did Clare disappear from the Chicago neighborhood where she and Irene lived?
10. What does Brian advise Irene to do about Clare?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)