|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clare can pass as _________.
2. What is the name of the woman who comes to Claire's table?
(a) Clare Kendeall.
(b) Clare Kendry.
(c) Carol Kendrick.
(d) Colleen Kendry.
3. Whom is Irene determined not to see again?
(a) Clare Kendry.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
4. Why is it hard for Irene to resist seeing Clare?
(a) She always keeps her word.
(b) She can't get out of it.
(c) Clare will be upset if she doesn't.
(d) Clare is charming.
5. Where does Irene promise to meet Clare at the next Tuesday?
(a) At her apartment.
(b) At her mother's house.
(c) At her hotel.
(d) At her office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relative of Clare's was white?
2. How does Irene first react to Clare's note?
3. What relative of Clare's was visited by Irene's father?
4. When does this chapter take place?
5. What does Clare send to Irene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relative of Clare Kendry's was white?
2. What does Clare dislike about being able to pass for white?
3. What does Clare tell Irene in the note she sent to Irene?
4. How was Clare secretive when she ran into Irene?
5. What are Irene's plans about meeting Clare? How does she wind up meeting her?
6. What do Irene and Brian discuss on the way to the printer's business?
7. How do Irene and Gertrude feel after they leave the meeting with Clare and John?
8. Where does Irene travel to the day after her meeting with Clare? How does Irene first respond to Clare's note?
9. What made it easy for Clare to pass as white?
10. What does Brian tell Irene about someone who can pass for white?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)