Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Brian have a desire to live?
(b) South Africa.
2. What does Brian think is appropriate for Junior to learn?
(a) What is taught at his school.
(b) A foreign language.
(c) What the other kids are telling him.
(d) How to take up for himself.
3. What does Irene think of the couple who sits near her at the hotel?
4. How does Brian react to Irene's request to take Junior away?
(a) He agrees with her.
(b) He gets angry and argues.
(c) He thinks she's overreacting.
(d) He says he'll think about it.
5. What do Brian and Irene discuss as they eat breakfast?
(a) His job.
(b) Her job.
(c) Clare's letter.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irene bring up Junior's problems?
2. For whom does Irene have the most concern?
3. For what was Irene supposed to be dressed?
4. Who does Irene Redfield receive a letter from?
5. Who sits near Irene at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Clare and Gertrude fear about each of their pregnancies?
2. How was Clare secretive when she ran into Irene?
3. Why does Irene think that Brian's affair with Clare will not result in his leaving?
4. Why does Irene decide not to reveal Clare's real race to John?
5. Why had Irene left Clare's name off the guest list?
6. What name does John Bellew, Clare's husband, call his wife? Why?
7. What happened to Clare?
8. What is some background information about the author?
9. How do Irene and Gertrude feel after they leave the meeting with Clare and John?
10. What relative of Clare Kendry's was white?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)