|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Brian have a desire to live?
(c) South Africa.
2. Whom else did Clare invite to tea?
3. What does the conflict between Brian and Irene indicate?
(a) Brian is cheating on Irene.
(b) There is friction in the marriage.
(c) Irene no longer loves Brian.
(d) The marriage is doomed.
4. What invitation does Irene accept from Clare?
(a) Have lunch.
(b) Have coffee.
(c) To go to tea.
(d) Go to a museum.
5. Irene thinks the woman who sits near her at the hotel looks _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Bellew call Clare?
2. How does Irene respond to Brian?
3. Where does Irene has the cab driver to take her?
4. What relative of Clare's was visited by Irene's father?
5. What does Clare send to Irene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made it easy for Clare to pass as white?
2. What do Irene and Brian discuss on the way to the printer's business?
3. What are John Bellew's real feelings about black people?
4. Who interrupts Irene when she is reading Clare's letter? What did the letter keep her from doing?
5. How does Irene react to John Bellew's cruel words?
6. How does Brian respond to Irene's concerns about Junior?
7. What name does John Bellew, Clare's husband, call his wife? Why?
8. What is Irene's intention in bring up Junior's problems?
9. What are Irene Redfield's recollections as she reads the letter from Clare Kendry?
10. When did Irene become reacquainted with her childhood friend, Clare Kendry? What were the circumstances?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)