|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talked Brian out of moving to Brazil?
2. Clare can pass as _________.
3. What does the conflict between Brian and Irene indicate?
(a) Brian is cheating on Irene.
(b) The marriage is doomed.
(c) There is friction in the marriage.
(d) Irene no longer loves Brian.
4. For what organization is Irene going to do some business?
(a) The Apollo.
(b) The Harlem School District.
(c) City Hall.
(d) The Negro Welfare League .
5. Irene recalls a trip to what city?
(a) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Irene and Gertrude feel about John?
2. What do Brian and Irene discuss as they eat breakfast?
3. With whom does Irene leave?
4. What relative of Clare's was white?
5. Why is it hard for Irene to resist seeing Clare?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Irene ask Brian to drive her to? What business does she intend to take care of?
2. What biased talk offends Irene when she meets with Clare and Gertrude?
3. What do Brian and Irene discuss while they eat breakfast?
4. After Clare and Irene run into each other at the hotel, when do they plan to meet again? How does Irene really feel about seeing her again?
5. Whom else did Clare invite along when she meets Irene? What do Clare and the other guest have in common?
6. When did Irene become reacquainted with her childhood friend, Clare Kendry? What were the circumstances?
7. What relative of Clare Kendry's was white?
8. What does Brian advise Irene to do about Clare?
9. How does Irene react to John Bellew's cruel words?
10. What does Clare tell Irene in the note she sent to Irene?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)