|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Junior been hearing at school?
(a) Bad news.
(b) Friendly words.
(d) Unfortunate things.
2. Where is Irene seated at the hotel?
(a) On the roof.
(b) On the main floor.
(c) In a back room.
(d) In the basement.
3. Where does Irene want Brian to take Junior?
4. Who comes to Irene's table?
(a) The woman.
(b) The host.
(c) The waiter.
(d) The man.
5. How is Clare's coloring described?
(a) Golden and pale.
(b) Peaches and cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the room when Irene is still reading Clare's letter?
2. What does the woman know about Irene?
3. For what organization is Irene going to do some business?
4. How does Irene plan to get back from the printers?
5. What does Irene plan to organize for the Negro Welfare League?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Brian and Irene discuss while they eat breakfast?
2. When did Irene become reacquainted with her childhood friend, Clare Kendry? What were the circumstances?
3. Where does Irene travel to the day after her meeting with Clare? How does Irene first respond to Clare's note?
4. What does Brian tell Irene about someone who can pass for white?
5. What relative of Clare Kendry's was white?
6. What biased talk offends Irene when she meets with Clare and Gertrude?
7. How does Brian respond to Irene's concerns about Junior?
8. When does Irene decide to write Clare back? How has she decided to respond?
9. What does Clare dislike about being able to pass for white?
10. What name does John Bellew, Clare's husband, call his wife? Why?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)