|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Irene have the most concern?
2. Who talked Brian out of moving to Brazil?
3. What is the name of the woman who comes to Claire's table?
(a) Carol Kendrick.
(b) Clare Kendry.
(c) Clare Kendeall.
(d) Colleen Kendry.
4. What do Brian and Irene discuss as they eat breakfast?
(a) Clare's letter.
(b) Her job.
(c) His job.
(d) His family.
5. Where does Irene has the cab driver to take her?
(a) A distant place.
(b) A cheap place.
(c) A quiet place.
(d) A cool place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Irene try to ignore?
2. What was Irene's father hiding about Clare?
3. Brian and Irene's marriage is vulnerable to ____________.
4. What relative of Clare's was white?
5. How does Clare get hold of Irene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What name does John Bellew, Clare's husband, call his wife? Why?
2. Why did Irene's father keep it from Irene that Clare was passing for white?
3. What biased talk offends Irene when she meets with Clare and Gertrude?
4. What made it easy for Clare to pass as white?
5. Where does Irene travel to the day after her meeting with Clare? How does Irene first respond to Clare's note?
6. How do Irene and Gertrude feel after they leave the meeting with Clare and John?
7. What does Brian advise Irene to do about Clare?
8. What are Irene Redfield's recollections as she reads the letter from Clare Kendry?
9. How was Clare secretive when she ran into Irene?
10. Who interrupts Irene when she is reading Clare's letter? What did the letter keep her from doing?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)