|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene plan to organize for the Negro Welfare League?
(a) A picnic.
(b) A town hall meeting.
(c) A committee meeting.
(d) A dance.
2. Who will be in danger if Irene speaks up to John Bellew?
(a) Clare, Gertrude, and herself.
(d) Clare's children.
3. Irene thinks the woman who sits near her at the hotel looks _____________.
4. How does Irene react to her husband's thoughts about Clare?
(a) She thinks he's not saying how he really feels.
(b) She thinks he is not thinking clearly.
(c) She is happy he agrees.
(d) She thinks he'll change his mind.
5. For what organization is Irene going to do some business?
(a) The Apollo.
(b) City Hall.
(c) The Negro Welfare League .
(d) The Harlem School District.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Irene decide to respond to Clare's letter?
2. What does John Bellew call Clare?
3. What invitation does Irene accept from Clare?
4. Where is Irene seated at the hotel?
5. With whom does Irene leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Clare and Gertrude fear about each of their pregnancies?
2. What is Irene's intention in bring up Junior's problems?
3. After Clare and Irene run into each other at the hotel, when do they plan to meet again? How does Irene really feel about seeing her again?
4. Who interrupts Irene when she is reading Clare's letter? What did the letter keep her from doing?
5. When does Irene decide to write Clare back? How has she decided to respond?
6. How was Clare secretive when she ran into Irene?
7. What are Irene Redfield's recollections as she reads the letter from Clare Kendry?
8. What does Clare tell Irene in the note she sent to Irene?
9. How does Brian respond to Irene's concerns about Junior?
10. Where does Irene ask Brian to drive her to? What business does she intend to take care of?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)