|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Irene think of telling John Bellew?
(a) Clare is promiscuous.
(b) Clare is part black.
(c) Clare is having an affair.
(d) Clare is a criminal.
2. What kind of party is Irene having in the afternoon?
(a) Christmas party.
(b) Dinner party.
(c) Tea party.
(d) Cocktail party.
3. Whom was Clare with when she became reacquainted with Irene?
(a) Her father.
(b) A man that was not her husband.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Gertrude's husband.
4. Whom did Irene blame for a failed marriage?
5. Who helps pick up Irene's tea cup?
(b) A handsome stranger.
6. Why didn't Irene want to invite Clare?
(a) Irene is afraid that Brian is attracted to her.
(b) Wentworth doesn't like her.
(c) Irene doesn't like her.
(d) Clare is always the center of attention.
7. How does she shield the truth from Wentworth?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She leaves the room.
(c) She makes an excuse.
(d) She refuses to discuss it.
8. How might Clare have died for nothing?
(a) She may not have been having an affair with Brian.
(b) She broke off her affair with Brian.
(c) Brian realized he loved Irene.
(d) Brian broke off the affair with Clare.
9. Why is Irene concerned about Clare's frequent visits?
(a) Because she's attractive.
(b) Because of her feelings on passing.
(c) Because she stays too long.
(d) Because she needs to work out things with John.
10. Why doesn't Irene get to introduce Clare to Brian?
(a) She's busy dressing.
(b) Brian's not there.
(c) Brian doesn't want to meet her.
(d) She doesn't want them to meet.
11. What does Irene worry about?
(a) Brian will be angry with her.
(b) Clare will tell people who pushed her.
(c) Brian will feel more sorry for Clare.
(d) Clare may not be dead.
12. For whom is Irene throwing a party?
13. What does Irene decide to do about Clare's letter?
(a) Call her instead.
(b) Wait a while and answer later.
(c) Answer it right away.
(d) Not to answer it.
14. Why does Clare stay with John?
(a) John allows her to have lovers.
(b) Clare's daughter.
(c) Clare loves him.
(d) Clare would lose everything if she divorced.
15. What is Irene afraid might happen if Clare gets a divorce?
(a) John will involve Brian.
(b) Clare will be over more often.
(c) Brian will leave her for Clare.
(d) Irene will leave town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irene think it's not a good idea to correspond with Clare?
2. How does Irene feel about Christmas?
3. What makes Irene think she's right about her feelings that Brian and Clare are involved?
4. Irene is afraid that John Bellew might _____________.
5. Whom does Clare ask to invite her to the dance?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)