|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irene is shopping with what black friend?
(a) Mrs. Felise Freeland.
2. Why does Irene decide against telling John the secret?
(a) She is afraid of starting a fight.
(b) She thinks it will backfire on her.
(c) Out of loyalty for her own race.
(d) She thinks Brian will be mad.
3. Who calls to say she'll be attending Mrs. Freeland's party?
(d) Irene's mother.
4. What does Irene do when she returns from a shopping trip?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Starts wrapping presents.
(c) Hides gifts.
(d) Makes dinner.
5. What does John Bellew say to Clare?
(a) He knows about her affair.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He knows what she is.
(d) He wants a divorce.
6. What does Irene wonder about concerning her encounter with John?
(a) If he already knows about Clare.
(b) If he wonders why she didn't speak.
(c) What John will say to Clare.
(d) If someone saw them talking .
7. Why can't Brian hide his feelings for Clare?
(a) Clare flaunts it.
(b) Brian brags about it to others.
(c) Clare brags about it to others.
(d) He shows it on his face.
8. What was the breaking point in the marriage for Brian?
(a) When he realized he didn't love Irene.
(b) When Irene fell out of love with him.
(c) They didn't move to Brazil.
(d) When he met Clare.
9. How long does Irene struggle with the thought of Brian's affair with Clare?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
10. What danger does Irene discuss with Clare?
(a) Coming to Harlem.
(b) Visiting at night.
(c) Creating a threat to her marriage.
(d) Creating a threat to Irene's marriage.
11. Whom does Clare ask to invite her to the dance?
12. How does the dance turn out?
(a) It's a flop.
(b) There's a low turnout.
(c) It's a success.
(d) It was too crowded.
13. What season of the year is it?
14. Could the alleged affair between Brian and Clare be in Irene's imagination?
(c) No, she has evidence.
(d) Yes, Wentworth knows it's not true.
15. Who invited Clare to the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irene decide to do about Clare's letter?
2. How does Clare convince Irene to invite her to the dance?
3. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
4. What emotions does Irene struggle with during the party?
5. Why did Irene regret not speaking to John Bellew?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)