|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What danger does Irene discuss with Clare?
(a) Creating a threat to her marriage.
(b) Visiting at night.
(c) Coming to Harlem.
(d) Creating a threat to Irene's marriage.
2. What does Irene realize about Clare and Brian?
(a) They are not to be trusted.
(b) They are alike.
(c) They don't like each other.
(d) They are having an affair.
3. Whom does Clare ask to invite her to the dance?
4. How does Irene plan to keep Clare away from Bryan?
(a) Have her stay while she dresses.
(b) Tell her to go ahead to the party.
(c) Tell her Brian is out.
(d) Ask her to come back later.
5. With whom does Clare dance?
(b) Everyone but Brian.
(c) Brian and many other men.
(d) A handsome stranger.
6. Irene is afraid that John Bellew might _____________.
(a) Cause a scene.
(b) Punch Brian.
(c) Confront Irene.
(d) Divorce Clare.
7. What does Irene want to accomplish by telling John the secret?
(a) Get Clare in trouble.
(b) Get Brian in trouble with John.
(c) Cause Clare's divorce.
(d) End Brian's affair with Clare.
8. How might Clare have died for nothing?
(a) She may not have been having an affair with Brian.
(b) She broke off her affair with Brian.
(c) Brian realized he loved Irene.
(d) Brian broke off the affair with Clare.
9. What secret does Irene think of telling John Bellew?
(a) Clare is having an affair.
(b) Clare is part black.
(c) Clare is a criminal.
(d) Clare is promiscuous.
10. Who offers to take Clare home?
(d) A handsome stranger.
11. Why does Clare stay with John?
(a) John allows her to have lovers.
(b) Clare would lose everything if she divorced.
(c) Clare's daughter.
(d) Clare loves him.
12. How does Irene feel about Clare's frequent visits?
(b) Pushed out.
13. What does Irene regret about killing Clare?
(a) She fears the police will figure out she is the guilty party.
(b) She didn't get to confront her about stealing her husband.
(c) She fears she'll go to hell.
(d) She didn't get to tell Brian about Clare being black.
14. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
(a) Brian was in love with her.
(b) She had no troubles.
(c) Brian was happy and content.
(d) Her marriage was perfect.
15. For whom is Irene throwing a party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Irene decide against telling John the secret?
2. Whom does John Bellew look for at the party?
3. What does Irene worry about?
4. Whom does Irene run into when she's shopping?
5. What does Clare want to hear about?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)