|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene tell Clare and Brian about running into John?
(a) She doesn't tell them.
(b) She told him about them.
(c) She told him about Clare's background.
(d) She had a long talk with him.
2. What does Clare learn about the dance?
(a) No white people will be in attendance.
(b) Other white people will be in attendance.
(c) It has been cancelled.
(d) No black people will be in attendance.
3. Why is Clare angry with Irene?
(a) For criticizing her husband.
(b) For her angry words in her response.
(c) For not responding soon enough.
(d) For ignoring her.
4. Where does Clare becomes a regular visitor?
(a) The Redfield home.
(b) The dance hall.
(c) The local church.
(d) Wenthworth's home.
5. Who arranged for a ride for Clare?
6. What is Hugh Wentworth famous for?
7. How does Irene feel about Christmas?
(a) Anxious to go shopping.
(b) She's not in the spirit.
(c) Wants to decorate.
8. What aspect of Brian's affair lessens its threat?
(a) Brian is not in love with Clare.
(b) Clare is unavailable.
(c) Brian would never leave his children.
(d) Clare has many lovers.
9. How does Irene react to John Bellew?
(a) She turns away from him.
(b) She smiles at him.
(c) She greets him.
(d) She snubs him.
10. What does Irene do when she returns from a shopping trip?
(a) Starts wrapping presents.
(b) Makes dinner.
(c) Hides gifts.
(d) Goes to bed.
11. What do Irene and Hugh Wentworth talk about?
(a) Marital problems.
(c) Racial tensions.
12. At whom does Wentworth stare disapprovingly?
(d) Brian and Clare.
13. Why did Irene regret not speaking to John Bellew?
(a) She could have invited him over.
(b) She could have told him about Clare's racial heritage.
(c) She could have gave him a piece of her mind.
(d) She could have apologize to him.
14. For whom is Irene throwing a party?
15. How does Irene respond to Clare's anger?
(a) Tells her to leave.
(b) With anger.
(c) With honesty.
(d) She ignores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops by the party?
2. How does Clare convince Irene to invite her to the dance?
3. Why does Clare stay with John?
4. What does John Bellew do when he finds Clare?
5. Who interrupts the conversation between Clare and Irene?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)