|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops by the party?
(b) John Bellew.
2. Brian thinks that Clare was killed by ______________.
(b) Mrs. Freeland.
3. What emotions does Irene struggle with during the party?
(a) Grief, shame, and embarrassment.
(b) Rage and thoughts of vengeance.
(c) Anger and bitterness.
(d) Disinterest and acceptance.
4. What does Irene do when she returns from a shopping trip?
(a) Makes dinner.
(b) Starts wrapping presents.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Hides gifts.
5. How do the servants react to Clare?
(a) They don't like her.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They treat her with respect.
(d) They love her.
6. What is Irene afraid for Wentworth to know?
(a) She's upset about Brian and Clare.
(b) She's clumsy.
(c) She's angry.
(d) She's nervous about hosting the party.
7. Why doesn't Irene get to introduce Clare to Brian?
(a) Brian's not there.
(b) Brian doesn't want to meet her.
(c) She's busy dressing.
(d) She doesn't want them to meet.
8. Who calls to say she'll be attending Mrs. Freeland's party?
(b) Irene's mother.
9. What does Irene tell Clare and Brian about running into John?
(a) She doesn't tell them.
(b) She told him about Clare's background.
(c) She had a long talk with him.
(d) She told him about them.
10. Irene is afraid that John Bellew might _____________.
(a) Divorce Clare.
(b) Confront Irene.
(c) Punch Brian.
(d) Cause a scene.
11. Does Brian seem to be in love with Clare?
(b) Only when Irene gets upset.
(d) Only when Clare makes him jealous.
12. What does Irene realize about Clare and Brian?
(a) They are not to be trusted.
(b) They don't like each other.
(c) They are alike.
(d) They are having an affair.
13. Why does Clare stay with John?
(a) Clare would lose everything if she divorced.
(b) Clare loves him.
(c) John allows her to have lovers.
(d) Clare's daughter.
14. Why didn't Irene want to invite Clare?
(a) Wentworth doesn't like her.
(b) Irene doesn't like her.
(c) Irene is afraid that Brian is attracted to her.
(d) Clare is always the center of attention.
15. What is Irene afraid might happen if Clare gets a divorce?
(a) Irene will leave town.
(b) Clare will be over more often.
(c) John will involve Brian.
(d) Brian will leave her for Clare.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Irene react to Clare's request?
2. How does Irene plan to keep Clare away from Bryan?
3. What does Irene worry about?
4. How does Irene feel about Christmas?
5. What does Clare want to hear about?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)