|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Irene hope to accomplish with Clare gone?
(a) She'd get her life back.
(b) She'd get Brian back.
(c) John might fall in love with her.
(d) She'd have more privacy.
2. How does Irene react to her realization that Clare and Brian are involved?
3. Why doesn't Irene get to introduce Clare to Brian?
(a) Brian's not there.
(b) She's busy dressing.
(c) She doesn't want them to meet.
(d) Brian doesn't want to meet her.
4. What does John Bellew do when he finds Clare?
(a) He kisses her on the cheek.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He hugs her.
5. Why does Irene think it's not a good idea to correspond with Clare?
(a) They are no longer close.
(b) Brian doesn't want Irene to correspond.
(c) Irene no longer respects Clare.
(d) They will both be in danger.
6. What secret does Irene think of telling John Bellew?
(a) Clare is part black.
(b) Clare is a criminal.
(c) Clare is having an affair.
(d) Clare is promiscuous.
7. Why does Clare stay with John?
(a) Clare's daughter.
(b) Clare loves him.
(c) John allows her to have lovers.
(d) Clare would lose everything if she divorced.
8. Who calls to say she'll be attending Mrs. Freeland's party?
(c) Irene's mother.
9. What does Irene drop?
(a) Tea cup.
(c) Coffee pot.
(d) Platter of food.
10. What kind of party is Irene having in the afternoon?
(a) Cocktail party.
(b) Dinner party.
(c) Christmas party.
(d) Tea party.
11. Who offers to take Clare home?
(a) A handsome stranger.
12. How might Clare have died for nothing?
(a) Brian realized he loved Irene.
(b) She broke off her affair with Brian.
(c) She may not have been having an affair with Brian.
(d) Brian broke off the affair with Clare.
13. How does she shield the truth from Wentworth?
(a) She refuses to discuss it.
(b) She makes an excuse.
(c) She leaves the room.
(d) She ignores him.
14. For whom is Irene throwing a party?
15. What does John Bellew say to Clare?
(a) He knows what she is.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He wants a divorce.
(d) He knows about her affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw Irene push Clare?
2. What does Irene wonder about concerning her encounter with John?
3. Why does Irene decide against telling John the secret?
4. What does Irene tell Clare and Brian about running into John?
5. From whom does Irene receive a visit?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)