|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might Clare have died for nothing?
(a) She broke off her affair with Brian.
(b) She may not have been having an affair with Brian.
(c) Brian realized he loved Irene.
(d) Brian broke off the affair with Clare.
2. Who stops by the party?
(d) John Bellew.
3. Why did Irene regret not speaking to John Bellew?
(a) She could have apologize to him.
(b) She could have told him about Clare's racial heritage.
(c) She could have gave him a piece of her mind.
(d) She could have invited him over.
4. Who interrupts the conversation between Clare and Irene?
(d) Hugh Wentworth.
5. Who arranged for a ride for Clare?
6. What is Irene doing when Clare comes to her house?
(b) Talking to Brian.
(c) Still dressing.
7. What does Irene think John will do if she tells him the secret?
(a) He might divorce or kill Clare.
(b) He might take his kids away from Clare.
(c) He might leave town.
(d) He might attack Brian.
8. How does Irene feel about Christmas?
(b) She's not in the spirit.
(c) Wants to decorate.
(d) Anxious to go shopping.
9. How does Irene respond to Clare's anger?
(a) With anger.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) Tells her to leave.
(d) With honesty.
10. Irene is shopping with what black friend?
(b) Mrs. Felise Freeland.
11. What is Irene afraid for Wentworth to know?
(a) She's nervous about hosting the party.
(b) She's angry.
(c) She's upset about Brian and Clare.
(d) She's clumsy.
12. How do the children react to Clare?
(a) They love her.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They are tired of her.
(d) They don't like her.
13. Why is Irene concerned about Clare's frequent visits?
(a) Because she stays too long.
(b) Because of her feelings on passing.
(c) Because she needs to work out things with John.
(d) Because she's attractive.
14. Whom does Clare ask to invite her to the dance?
15. Who saw Irene push Clare?
(a) Mrs. Freeland.
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
2. For whom is Irene throwing a party?
3. What does Irene wonder about concerning her encounter with John?
4. What did Irene hope to accomplish with Clare gone?
5. Why can't Brian hide his feelings for Clare?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)