|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does she shield the truth from Wentworth?
(a) She refuses to discuss it.
(b) She leaves the room.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She makes an excuse.
2. What does Irene drop?
(b) Platter of food.
(c) Coffee pot.
(d) Tea cup.
3. How does Irene feel about Clare's frequent visits?
(a) Pushed out.
4. How does Irene feel about Christmas?
(b) She's not in the spirit.
(c) Anxious to go shopping.
(d) Wants to decorate.
5. Why did Irene regret not speaking to John Bellew?
(a) She could have apologize to him.
(b) She could have invited him over.
(c) She could have told him about Clare's racial heritage.
(d) She could have gave him a piece of her mind.
6. At whom does Wentworth stare disapprovingly?
(b) Brian and Clare.
7. Who arranged for a ride for Clare?
8. From whom does Irene receive a visit?
9. Whom does Irene run into when she's shopping?
(c) John Bellew.
10. How does Irene react to Clare's request?
(a) She rejects it.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) She resists.
(d) She agrees.
11. Why is Irene concerned about Clare's frequent visits?
(a) Because she needs to work out things with John.
(b) Because she's attractive.
(c) Because she stays too long.
(d) Because of her feelings on passing.
12. How does Irene react to John Bellew?
(a) She turns away from him.
(b) She greets him.
(c) She smiles at him.
(d) She snubs him.
13. How does the dance turn out?
(a) It's a flop.
(b) There's a low turnout.
(c) It's a success.
(d) It was too crowded.
14. What word best describes Irene's feelings about Clare?
15. Why does Irene think that it's a bad idea for Irene to go to the dance?
(a) There is no room for more guests.
(b) The truth may come out.
(c) Clare is not a good dancer.
(d) People won't accept Clare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clare learn about the dance?
2. Who calls to say she'll be attending Mrs. Freeland's party?
3. Whom does Clare ask to invite her to the dance?
4. Who helps pick up Irene's tea cup?
5. What does Irene want to accomplish by telling John the secret?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)