|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saw Irene push Clare?
(c) No one.
(d) Mrs. Freeland.
2. Who calls to say she'll be attending Mrs. Freeland's party?
(b) Irene's mother.
3. What emotions does Irene struggle with during the party?
(a) Disinterest and acceptance.
(b) Rage and thoughts of vengeance.
(c) Grief, shame, and embarrassment.
(d) Anger and bitterness.
4. What does Irene wonder about concerning her encounter with John?
(a) If he wonders why she didn't speak.
(b) If he already knows about Clare.
(c) What John will say to Clare.
(d) If someone saw them talking .
5. How does the dance turn out?
(a) It's a success.
(b) It's a flop.
(c) It was too crowded.
(d) There's a low turnout.
6. Who invited Clare to the party?
7. What is Clare's mood when she visits Irene?
8. Irene is shopping with what black friend?
(c) Mrs. Felise Freeland.
9. How does Irene respond to Clare's anger?
(a) Tells her to leave.
(b) With anger.
(c) With honesty.
(d) She ignores her.
10. What did Irene hope to accomplish with Clare gone?
(a) She'd get Brian back.
(b) John might fall in love with her.
(c) She'd have more privacy.
(d) She'd get her life back.
11. What is Hugh Wentworth famous for?
12. Does Brian seem to be in love with Clare?
(c) Only when Clare makes him jealous.
(d) Only when Irene gets upset.
13. What does Irene decide to do about Clare's letter?
(a) Wait a while and answer later.
(b) Not to answer it.
(c) Call her instead.
(d) Answer it right away.
14. Why does Irene think that it's a bad idea for Irene to go to the dance?
(a) People won't accept Clare.
(b) There is no room for more guests.
(c) The truth may come out.
(d) Clare is not a good dancer.
15. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
(a) She had no troubles.
(b) Brian was happy and content.
(c) Brian was in love with her.
(d) Her marriage was perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season of the year is it?
2. What is Clare unwilling to give up?
3. From whom does Irene receive a visit?
4. Why does Irene decide against telling John the secret?
5. Whom did Irene blame for a failed marriage?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)