|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drove Irene to homicide?
(a) She wanted to keep what was hers.
(b) She had always been jealous of Clare.
(c) She wanted to make Brian miserable.
(d) She had murdered before.
2. What does John Bellew do when he finds Clare?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He kisses her on the cheek.
(d) He yells at her.
3. What does Irene realize about Clare and Brian?
(a) They are not to be trusted.
(b) They are alike.
(c) They don't like each other.
(d) They are having an affair.
4. What do Irene and Hugh Wentworth talk about?
(a) Marital problems.
(c) Racial tensions.
5. How does Irene plan to keep Clare away from Bryan?
(a) Tell her to go ahead to the party.
(b) Ask her to come back later.
(c) Tell her Brian is out.
(d) Have her stay while she dresses.
6. What does Irene regret about killing Clare?
(a) She fears she'll go to hell.
(b) She didn't get to confront her about stealing her husband.
(c) She fears the police will figure out she is the guilty party.
(d) She didn't get to tell Brian about Clare being black.
7. Whom does John Bellew look for at the party?
(a) Mrs. Freeland.
8. What was the breaking point in the marriage for Brian?
(a) When he met Clare.
(b) They didn't move to Brazil.
(c) When Irene fell out of love with him.
(d) When he realized he didn't love Irene.
9. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
(a) Brian was in love with her.
(b) Brian was happy and content.
(c) She had no troubles.
(d) Her marriage was perfect.
10. What word best describes Irene's feelings about Clare?
11. What is Hugh Wentworth famous for?
12. At whom does Wentworth stare disapprovingly?
(b) Brian and Clare.
13. What is Irene afraid for Wentworth to know?
(a) She's upset about Brian and Clare.
(b) She's angry.
(c) She's clumsy.
(d) She's nervous about hosting the party.
14. What does Irene think John will do if she tells him the secret?
(a) He might leave town.
(b) He might divorce or kill Clare.
(c) He might attack Brian.
(d) He might take his kids away from Clare.
15. Irene is shopping with what black friend?
(d) Mrs. Felise Freeland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to take Clare home?
2. What kind of party is Irene having in the afternoon?
3. How does Irene feel around Clare?
4. What does John Bellew say to Clare?
5. Who calls to say she'll be attending Mrs. Freeland's party?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)