|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does she shield the truth from Wentworth?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She refuses to discuss it.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She makes an excuse.
2. What does Irene decide to do about Clare's letter?
(a) Answer it right away.
(b) Call her instead.
(c) Not to answer it.
(d) Wait a while and answer later.
3. Why does Irene think it's not a good idea to correspond with Clare?
(a) They will both be in danger.
(b) Brian doesn't want Irene to correspond.
(c) Irene no longer respects Clare.
(d) They are no longer close.
4. Who saw Irene push Clare?
(a) No one.
(b) Mrs. Freeland.
5. What are Brian and Clare doing at the party?
(b) Carrying on an intimate conversation.
(d) Dancing cheek to cheek.
6. Why didn't Irene want to invite Clare?
(a) Clare is always the center of attention.
(b) Irene is afraid that Brian is attracted to her.
(c) Wentworth doesn't like her.
(d) Irene doesn't like her.
7. What does Clare learn about the dance?
(a) No white people will be in attendance.
(b) Other white people will be in attendance.
(c) It has been cancelled.
(d) No black people will be in attendance.
8. How does Clare convince Irene to invite her to the dance?
(a) She cries.
(b) She pouts.
(c) She threatens her.
(d) She charms her.
9. What does Irene worry about?
(a) Clare will tell people who pushed her.
(b) Clare may not be dead.
(c) Brian will feel more sorry for Clare.
(d) Brian will be angry with her.
10. How does Irene feel about Christmas?
(a) She's not in the spirit.
(c) Wants to decorate.
(d) Anxious to go shopping.
11. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
(a) Her marriage was perfect.
(b) Brian was happy and content.
(c) She had no troubles.
(d) Brian was in love with her.
12. Brian thinks that Clare was killed by ______________.
(b) Mrs. Freeland.
13. What does Irene think John will do if she tells him the secret?
(a) He might take his kids away from Clare.
(b) He might attack Brian.
(c) He might divorce or kill Clare.
(d) He might leave town.
14. With whom does Clare dance?
(a) Everyone but Brian.
(b) Brian and many other men.
(d) A handsome stranger.
15. How does the dance turn out?
(a) It's a success.
(b) There's a low turnout.
(c) It's a flop.
(d) It was too crowded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Brian hide his feelings for Clare?
2. What does Irene regret about killing Clare?
3. Why did Irene regret not speaking to John Bellew?
4. How might Clare have died for nothing?
5. Why is Irene concerned about Clare's frequent visits?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)