|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene wonder about concerning her encounter with John?
(a) If someone saw them talking .
(b) If he already knows about Clare.
(c) What John will say to Clare.
(d) If he wonders why she didn't speak.
2. How does Irene feel about Christmas?
(a) Wants to decorate.
(b) She's not in the spirit.
(c) Anxious to go shopping.
3. Who saw Irene push Clare?
(c) No one.
(d) Mrs. Freeland.
4. What does Irene drop?
(a) Coffee pot.
(b) Platter of food.
(c) Tea cup.
5. How might Clare have died for nothing?
(a) Brian broke off the affair with Clare.
(b) Brian realized he loved Irene.
(c) She may not have been having an affair with Brian.
(d) She broke off her affair with Brian.
6. Irene is afraid that John Bellew might _____________.
(a) Confront Irene.
(b) Divorce Clare.
(c) Cause a scene.
(d) Punch Brian.
7. What does Irene want to accomplish by telling John the secret?
(a) Cause Clare's divorce.
(b) Get Brian in trouble with John.
(c) Get Clare in trouble.
(d) End Brian's affair with Clare.
8. What is Irene afraid for Wentworth to know?
(a) She's clumsy.
(b) She's angry.
(c) She's upset about Brian and Clare.
(d) She's nervous about hosting the party.
9. Who stops by the party?
(d) John Bellew.
10. What word best describes Irene's feelings about Clare?
11. Whom does Irene run into when she's shopping?
(c) John Bellew.
12. Whom does John Bellew look for at the party?
(d) Mrs. Freeland.
13. How does Irene react to her realization that Clare and Brian are involved?
14. How does Clare convince Irene to invite her to the dance?
(a) She cries.
(b) She threatens her.
(c) She pouts.
(d) She charms her.
15. How does Irene plan to keep Clare away from Bryan?
(a) Tell her Brian is out.
(b) Ask her to come back later.
(c) Tell her to go ahead to the party.
(d) Have her stay while she dresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Irene get to introduce Clare to Brian?
2. Why does Irene decide against telling John the secret?
3. Why didn't Irene want to invite Clare?
4. Whom was Clare with when she became reacquainted with Irene?
5. How does Irene feel about Clare's frequent visits?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)