|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of party is Irene having in the afternoon?
(a) Christmas party.
(b) Dinner party.
(c) Cocktail party.
(d) Tea party.
2. How does Brian react to Clare's visits?
(a) He's bored with her.
(b) He's fall under her spell.
(c) He leaves the room when she comes.
(d) He's annoyed with her.
3. What was the breaking point in the marriage for Brian?
(a) When Irene fell out of love with him.
(b) When he met Clare.
(c) When he realized he didn't love Irene.
(d) They didn't move to Brazil.
4. Why is Irene concerned about Clare's frequent visits?
(a) Because she stays too long.
(b) Because of her feelings on passing.
(c) Because she's attractive.
(d) Because she needs to work out things with John.
5. How was Irene delusional about her marriage before Clare came on the scene?
(a) Brian was in love with her.
(b) Her marriage was perfect.
(c) Brian was happy and content.
(d) She had no troubles.
6. Irene is afraid that John Bellew might _____________.
(a) Cause a scene.
(b) Punch Brian.
(c) Confront Irene.
(d) Divorce Clare.
7. Why does Irene think that it's a bad idea for Irene to go to the dance?
(a) The truth may come out.
(b) There is no room for more guests.
(c) Clare is not a good dancer.
(d) People won't accept Clare.
8. How does the dance turn out?
(a) There's a low turnout.
(b) It's a flop.
(c) It was too crowded.
(d) It's a success.
9. What does Irene realize about Clare and Brian?
(a) They don't like each other.
(b) They are alike.
(c) They are having an affair.
(d) They are not to be trusted.
10. What happened to Clare?
(a) She was unconscious.
(b) She died immediately.
(c) She fell on a tree and survived.
(d) She recovered.
11. Does Brian seem to be in love with Clare?
(b) Only when Irene gets upset.
(c) Only when Clare makes him jealous.
12. At whom does Wentworth stare disapprovingly?
(c) Brian and Clare.
13. Whom does Brian talk to at the party?
(a) Mrs. Freeland.
14. Why did Irene regret not speaking to John Bellew?
(a) She could have gave him a piece of her mind.
(b) She could have apologize to him.
(c) She could have invited him over.
(d) She could have told him about Clare's racial heritage.
15. For whom is Irene throwing a party?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Irene plan to keep Clare away from Bryan?
2. What is Hugh Wentworth famous for?
3. How does Irene react to Clare's request?
4. Whom did Irene blame for a failed marriage?
5. Who calls to say she'll be attending Mrs. Freeland's party?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)