|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Irene feel about Christmas?
(a) Anxious to go shopping.
(c) Wants to decorate.
(d) She's not in the spirit.
2. Who invited Clare to the party?
3. Who calls to say she'll be attending Mrs. Freeland's party?
(b) Irene's mother.
4. What makes Irene think she's right about her feelings that Brian and Clare are involved?
(a) She heard rumors about it.
(b) She has been seen with other men.
(c) Clare confessed.
(d) She followed them.
5. Could the alleged affair between Brian and Clare be in Irene's imagination?
(b) Yes, Wentworth knows it's not true.
(d) No, she has evidence.
6. Why is Clare angry with Irene?
(a) For criticizing her husband.
(b) For not responding soon enough.
(c) For her angry words in her response.
(d) For ignoring her.
7. Why does Clare stay with John?
(a) Clare would lose everything if she divorced.
(b) Clare loves him.
(c) Clare's daughter.
(d) John allows her to have lovers.
8. Whom did Irene blame for a failed marriage?
9. How does Irene react to John Bellew?
(a) She turns away from him.
(b) She smiles at him.
(c) She snubs him.
(d) She greets him.
10. For whom is Irene throwing a party?
11. What are Brian and Clare doing at the party?
(a) Dancing cheek to cheek.
(c) Carrying on an intimate conversation.
12. What does Irene realize about Clare and Brian?
(a) They don't like each other.
(b) They are having an affair.
(c) They are alike.
(d) They are not to be trusted.
13. How does Brian react to Clare's visits?
(a) He's annoyed with her.
(b) He's fall under her spell.
(c) He's bored with her.
(d) He leaves the room when she comes.
14. Does Brian seem to be in love with Clare?
(b) Only when Clare makes him jealous.
(d) Only when Irene gets upset.
15. What does Irene wonder about concerning her encounter with John?
(a) If he already knows about Clare.
(b) What John will say to Clare.
(c) If he wonders why she didn't speak.
(d) If someone saw them talking .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irene drop?
2. What happened to Clare?
3. Who stops by the party?
4. What is Irene afraid for Wentworth to know?
5. What kind of party is Irene having in the afternoon?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)