|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hugh Wentworth famous for?
2. How does Irene react to John Bellew?
(a) She smiles at him.
(b) She turns away from him.
(c) She greets him.
(d) She snubs him.
3. How might Clare have died for nothing?
(a) She may not have been having an affair with Brian.
(b) Brian realized he loved Irene.
(c) Brian broke off the affair with Clare.
(d) She broke off her affair with Brian.
4. How does Irene feel about Clare's frequent visits?
(d) Pushed out.
5. Who stops by the party?
(a) John Bellew.
6. What does Irene think John will do if she tells him the secret?
(a) He might take his kids away from Clare.
(b) He might divorce or kill Clare.
(c) He might leave town.
(d) He might attack Brian.
7. Whom does Brian talk to at the party?
(c) Mrs. Freeland.
8. What emotions does Irene struggle with during the party?
(a) Rage and thoughts of vengeance.
(b) Anger and bitterness.
(c) Disinterest and acceptance.
(d) Grief, shame, and embarrassment.
9. How does Irene respond to Clare's anger?
(a) With honesty.
(b) Tells her to leave.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) With anger.
10. How does Irene plan to keep Clare away from Bryan?
(a) Tell her Brian is out.
(b) Ask her to come back later.
(c) Have her stay while she dresses.
(d) Tell her to go ahead to the party.
11. Why does Clare stay with John?
(a) John allows her to have lovers.
(b) Clare would lose everything if she divorced.
(c) Clare's daughter.
(d) Clare loves him.
12. What does Irene tell Clare and Brian about running into John?
(a) She had a long talk with him.
(b) She told him about them.
(c) She told him about Clare's background.
(d) She doesn't tell them.
13. Where does Clare becomes a regular visitor?
(a) Wenthworth's home.
(b) The local church.
(c) The Redfield home.
(d) The dance hall.
14. Why does Irene think that it's a bad idea for Irene to go to the dance?
(a) Clare is not a good dancer.
(b) People won't accept Clare.
(c) There is no room for more guests.
(d) The truth may come out.
15. What drove Irene to homicide?
(a) She had always been jealous of Clare.
(b) She wanted to make Brian miserable.
(c) She had murdered before.
(d) She wanted to keep what was hers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irene worry about?
2. How long does Irene struggle with the thought of Brian's affair with Clare?
3. How does Brian react to Clare's visits?
4. What do Irene and Hugh Wentworth talk about?
5. With whom does Clare dance?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)