|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the conflict between Brian and Irene indicate?
(a) Irene no longer loves Brian.
(b) There is friction in the marriage.
(c) The marriage is doomed.
(d) Brian is cheating on Irene.
2. What good quality does Irene have?
3. How does Irene plan to get back from the printers?
(a) Walk home.
(b) Call John for a ride.
(c) Ride with Brian.
(d) Call Clare for a ride.
4. For whom does Irene have the most concern?
5. Whom else did Clare invite to tea?
6. Irene thinks that what group of people cannot tell what race she is?
(a) All people.
(b) White people.
(d) Black people.
7. When do Irene and Brian discuss their son?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In their bedroom.
(c) On the phone.
(d) On the way to the printers.
8. Clare can pass as _________.
9. What does Irene plan to organize for the Negro Welfare League?
(a) A dance.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A town hall meeting.
(d) A committee meeting.
10. How does Irene want to respond to John Bellew?
(a) Defend her race.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Tell him off.
(d) Agree with him.
11. What does Brian advise Irene to do relative to Clare?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Not encourage her.
(c) Scold her.
(d) Encourage her.
12. Who comes to Irene's table?
(a) The woman.
(b) The host.
(c) The waiter.
(d) The man.
13. Who is Clare's husband?
(a) John Bellew.
(b) Charles Bellew.
(c) Charles Bell.
(d) John Belling.
14. What does Clare send to Irene?
(b) A note.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A present.
15. What does Brian say about black people who pass for white?
(a) They are happy they pass.
(b) They are ashamed.
(c) They want to return to their own race.
(d) They wind up hating white people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Irene want Brian to take Junior?
2. Who stares at Irene at the hotel?
3. What does Brian think is appropriate for Junior to learn?
4. What does Irene think of the couple who sits near her at the hotel?
5. For what organization is Irene going to do some business?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)