|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clare can pass as _________.
2. What does Irene ask Brian to do after breakfast?
(a) Drive her to the printers.
(b) Drive her to work.
(c) Clean up the breakfast dishes.
(d) Write a letter to Clare.
3. Whom is Irene determined not to see again?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Clare Kendry.
4. Where does Irene promise to meet Clare at the next Tuesday?
(a) At her hotel.
(b) At her office.
(c) At her apartment.
(d) At her mother's house.
5. What relationship does Gertrude have to Irene?
(c) Former colleague.
(d) Childhood friend.
6. Whom else did Clare invite to tea?
7. What does Irene plan to organize for the Negro Welfare League?
(a) A committee meeting.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A town hall meeting.
(d) A dance.
8. When the woman stares at Irene at the hotel, what does Irene fear the woman is thinking about her?
(a) Irene is black.
(b) Irene is unattractive.
(c) Irene is white.
(d) Irene is mixed.
9. Who comes into the room when Irene is still reading Clare's letter?
10. What does Brian advise Irene to do relative to Clare?
(a) Not encourage her.
(b) Encourage her.
(c) Scold her.
(d) Ignore her.
11. Irene thinks the woman who sits near her at the hotel looks _____________.
12. What does the conflict between Brian and Irene indicate?
(a) Irene no longer loves Brian.
(b) There is friction in the marriage.
(c) Brian is cheating on Irene.
(d) The marriage is doomed.
13. How does Irene feel about Clare?
14. Who will be in danger if Irene speaks up to John Bellew?
(b) Clare's children.
(c) Clare, Gertrude, and herself.
15. What kept Irene from standing up to John?
(a) Her pride.
(b) Her embarrassment about her family.
(c) Her fear of him.
(d) Her friendship with Clare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Junior been hearing at school?
2. Where does Irene has the cab driver to take her?
3. What relative of Clare's was visited by Irene's father?
4. Irene thinks that what group of people cannot tell what race she is?
5. What was Irene's father hiding about Clare?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)