|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Irene Redfield receive a letter from?
(a) A childhood friend.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. What kept Irene from standing up to John?
(a) Her friendship with Clare.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Her embarrassment about her family.
(d) Her fear of him.
3. To what city does Irene plan to travel?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What has Junior been hearing at school?
(a) Unfortunate things.
(b) Friendly words.
(c) Bad news.
5. What does Gertrude's husband know about her heritage?
(a) She is part Mexican.
(b) She is black.
(c) She is mixed.
(d) She is white.
6. Where does Irene want Brian to take Junior?
7. Who talked Brian out of moving to Brazil?
8. What relationship does Gertrude have to Irene?
(a) Former colleague.
(c) Childhood friend.
9. Who are Nella Larsen's parents?
(a) A West Indian man and a Dutch mother.
(b) A German man and an African mother.
(c) An English man and a West Indies mother.
(d) A Dutch man and a West Indian mother.
10. Who comes into the room when Irene is still reading Clare's letter?
11. What does Brian think is appropriate for Junior to learn?
(a) A foreign language.
(b) How to take up for himself.
(c) What is taught at his school.
(d) What the other kids are telling him.
12. Where does Nella Larsen become a shining star?
(a) In Hollywood
(b) The Harlem Renaissance.
(c) On Broadway.
(d) The Apollo.
13. For what was Irene supposed to be dressed?
14. What relative of Clare's was visited by Irene's father?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her aunts.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
15. What does Clare send to Irene?
(a) A present.
(b) A note.
(c) A telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian advise Irene to do relative to Clare?
2. Who sits near Irene at the hotel?
3. What does Irene want to drink when she finishes shopping?
4. How does Irene first react to Clare's note?
5. With whom does Irene leave?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)