Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Brian have a desire to live?
(b) South Africa.
2. What does Brian think is appropriate for Junior to learn?
(a) What is taught at his school.
(b) A foreign language.
(c) What the other kids are telling him.
(d) How to take up for himself.
3. What does Irene think of the couple who sits near her at the hotel?
4. How does Brian react to Irene's request to take Junior away?
(a) He agrees with her.
(b) He gets angry and argues.
(c) He thinks she's overreacting.
(d) He says he'll think about it.
5. What do Brian and Irene discuss as they eat breakfast?
(a) His job.
(b) Her job.
(c) Clare's letter.
(d) His family.
6. Why does Irene bring up Junior's problems?
(a) She wants Brian to talk to Junior.
(b) She wants Brian to pay more attention to Junior.
(c) She wants Brian to complain to the school.
(d) She wants Brian to take Junior away.
7. For whom does Irene have the most concern?
8. For what was Irene supposed to be dressed?
9. Who does Irene Redfield receive a letter from?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) A childhood friend.
10. Who sits near Irene at the hotel?
(a) Two men.
(b) An old couple.
(c) Two women.
(d) A young couple.
11. How does Irene distract Brian?
(a) She asks him to move a table.
(b) She asks him to telephone her mother.
(c) She asks him to wait in the kitchen for her.
(d) She shows him Clare's letter.
12. Who leaves the table at the hotel?
(b) The man next to Irene.
(c) The woman next to Irene.
(d) Irene's friend.
13. What does Brian say about black people who pass for white?
(a) They want to return to their own race.
(b) They wind up hating white people.
(c) They are ashamed.
(d) They are happy they pass.
14. Why does Irene want Brian to take Junior away?
(a) So he can learn a foreign language.
(b) So he can have a better environment.
(c) So he can go to a better school.
(d) So he can get away from bad kids.
15. How does Irene feel about Clare?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would upset John?
2. Clare can pass as _________.
3. How does Irene react to her husband's thoughts about Clare?
4. How does Irene want to respond to John Bellew?
5. What do Irene and Brian call their son?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)