|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene order at the hotel?
(a) A sandwich.
(d) A snack.
2. Who is in the most jeopardy?
3. When does this chapter take place?
(a) Before her meeting with Clare in Chicago.
(b) Two years after her encounter with Clare in Chicago.
(c) Right after her encounter with Clare in Chicago.
(d) One year after her meeting with Clare in Chicago.
4. For what was Irene supposed to be dressed?
5. When does Irene decide to respond to Clare's letter?
(a) The next week.
(c) The day she receives it.
(d) The day after she receives it.
6. Who sits near Irene at the hotel?
(a) Two women.
(b) A young couple.
(c) Two men.
(d) An old couple.
7. When do Irene and Brian discuss their son?
(a) In their bedroom.
(b) On the phone.
(c) On the way to the printers.
(d) In the kitchen.
8. How does Irene want to respond to John Bellew?
(a) Defend her race.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Tell him off.
(d) Agree with him.
9. Who leaves the table at the hotel?
(a) The woman next to Irene.
(b) Irene's friend.
(d) The man next to Irene.
10. Clare Kendry disappears from the Chicago neighborhood after what event?
(a) Her father is arrested.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her house burns down.
(d) Her father's death.
11. How does Irene plan to get back from the printers?
(a) Ride with Brian.
(b) Call John for a ride.
(c) Call Clare for a ride.
(d) Walk home.
12. What does Irene plan to tell Clare when she responds to her letter?
(a) Her people don't want her back.
(b) They should always be friend.
(c) She should leave her husband.
(d) They should cut off all contact.
13. What does Irene think of the couple who sits near her at the hotel?
14. Where did Brian have a desire to live?
(d) South Africa.
15. How do Irene and Gertrude feel about John?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Junior been hearing at school?
2. What does Brian advise Irene to do relative to Clare?
3. Why does Irene want Brian to take Junior away?
4. What does the woman know about Irene?
5. Why does John Bellew call Clare "nig"?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)