|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who comes to Claire's table?
(a) Carol Kendrick.
(b) Colleen Kendry.
(c) Clare Kendeall.
(d) Clare Kendry.
2. What does Irene plan to organize for the Negro Welfare League?
(a) A town hall meeting.
(b) A dance.
(c) A picnic.
(d) A committee meeting.
3. What does Clare say about John's behavior in her note?
(a) Apologizes for it.
(b) Doesn't mention it.
(c) Says he was joking.
(d) Does not apologize for it.
4. Whom does Irene try to ignore?
(a) The host.
(b) The handsome man.
(c) The beautiful blond woman.
(d) The waiter.
5. Where does Irene promise to meet Clare at the next Tuesday?
(a) At her hotel.
(b) At her apartment.
(c) At her mother's house.
(d) At her office.
6. When do Irene and Brian discuss their son?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On the way to the printers.
(c) In their bedroom.
(d) On the phone.
7. Irene thinks the woman who sits near her at the hotel looks _____________.
8. Who talked Brian out of moving to Brazil?
9. What does Brian think is appropriate for Junior to learn?
(a) What is taught at his school.
(b) How to take up for himself.
(c) A foreign language.
(d) What the other kids are telling him.
10. What does Clare express in her note?
(a) She regrets she is part black.
(b) She wants to leave John.
(c) She is glad she is married to a white man.
(d) She wants to return to her race.
11. How is Clare's coloring described?
(a) Peaches and cream.
(d) Golden and pale.
12. Where did Brian have a desire to live?
(a) South Africa.
13. What does Brian advise Irene to do relative to Clare?
(a) Encourage her.
(b) Not encourage her.
(c) Scold her.
(d) Ignore her.
14. What does Clare send to Irene?
(b) A note.
(c) A present.
(d) A telegram.
15. What does Irene want to drink when she finishes shopping?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the table at the hotel?
2. How does Clare get hold of Irene?
3. Who comes to Irene's table?
4. Where does Nella Larsen become a shining star?
5. When the woman stares at Irene at the hotel, what does Irene fear the woman is thinking about her?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)