1. Who are Nella Larsen's parents?
(a) A German man and an African mother.
(b) A West Indian man and a Dutch mother.
(c) An English man and a West Indies mother.
(d) A Dutch man and a West Indian mother.
2. Where does Nella spend the majority of her childhood?
(a) Her grandmother's house.
(b) Her aunt's farm.
(c) Boarding school.
(d) In Europe.
3. Where does Nella Larsen become a shining star?
(a) The Apollo.
(b) In Hollywood
(c) On Broadway.
(d) The Harlem Renaissance.
4. Who does Irene Redfield receive a letter from?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A childhood friend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
5. Clare Kendry disappears from the Chicago neighborhood after what event?
(a) Her house burns down.
(b) Her father's death.
(c) Her father is arrested.
(d) Her mother's death.
6. Irene recalls a trip to what city?
(a) St. Louis.
7. What makes Irene stop shopping when she's in Chicago?
(a) The rain.
(b) The crowds.
(c) The traffic.
(d) The heat.
This section contains 3,839 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)