1. Who are Nella Larsen's parents?
(a) A German man and an African mother.
(b) A West Indian man and a Dutch mother.
(c) A Dutch man and a West Indian mother.
(d) An English man and a West Indies mother.
2. Where does Nella spend the majority of her childhood?
(a) Her aunt's farm.
(b) Her grandmother's house.
(c) In Europe.
(d) Boarding school.
3. Where does Nella Larsen become a shining star?
(a) In Hollywood
(b) On Broadway.
(c) The Harlem Renaissance.
(d) The Apollo.
4. Who does Irene Redfield receive a letter from?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A childhood friend.
5. Clare Kendry disappears from the Chicago neighborhood after what event?
(a) Her father's death.
(b) Her father is arrested.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her house burns down.
6. Irene recalls a trip to what city?
(d) St. Louis.
7. What makes Irene stop shopping when she's in Chicago?
(a) The rain.
(b) The traffic.
(c) The crowds.
(d) The heat.
This section contains 3,839 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)