Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following events happens, bringing Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz back together as friends?
2. On his walk to the guest house, Dr. Aziz notices that everyone is out in the boats; what does he do?
3. Who picks up Adela immediately after the trial?
4. What does Aziz take to the guest house?
5. With what religion is Mrs. Moore affiliated?
In the book, is it significant that it is an Anglo female saying that she was attacked by an Indian male? How would the book be different if it was an Indian woman accusing a white man? What role does race play in the trial and the events preceding it?
Fielding is not well accepted in the Christian community, not because of his lack of faith, but because of his disapproval of their attitudes and behaviors, which clearly violate Christian teachings. What place does this irony have in the novel? Why do you think Fielding, as an atheist, is set up as the only one who embodies Christian values?
Fielding is an educator in the book. What role does education play in the society of The Passage to India? Which characters welcome and which resist education?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)