|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following events happens, bringing Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz back together as friends?
2. On his walk to the guest house, Dr. Aziz notices that everyone is out in the boats; what does he do?
3. Who picks up Adela immediately after the trial?
4. What does Aziz take to the guest house?
5. With what religion is Mrs. Moore affiliated?
Essay Topic 1
At one point in the book Fielding claims, "I travel light." Does Fielding travel as light as he claims? What attachments does he have to the people and places around him that might affect his ability to "travel light"?
Essay Topic 2
The major's failure to understand Aziz's visiting friends instead of being at home is one example of where the divide between the two cultures is mentioned. Compare and contrast the differences between the Anglo and Indian cultures. How do these cultures clash throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The rumor of Adela and Fielding's relationship seems to snowball during the novel. At first it is a small rumor. Finally it affects the friendship of Aziz and Fielding. What role do rumors play in the novel? Specifically, how do rumors develop and how important are they? Who spreads rumors? Who avoids rumors?
This section contains 1,378 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)