Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following events happens, bringing Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz back together as friends?
2. On his walk to the guest house, Dr. Aziz notices that everyone is out in the boats; what does he do?
3. Who picks up Adela immediately after the trial?
4. What does Aziz take to the guest house?
5. With what religion is Mrs. Moore affiliated?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the book, Fielding and Aziz reignite their friendship, but they part knowing that they will not see each other again. How is this significant to the ending of the book? Why do you think Forster makes sure that the audience knows they do not meet again?
Essay Topic 2
The major's failure to understand Aziz's visiting friends instead of being at home is one example of where the divide between the two cultures is mentioned. Compare and contrast the differences between the Anglo and Indian cultures. How do these cultures clash throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
One conflict that Forster has set up is between religions. Aziz is Muslim and does not understand or feel comfortable with either Hindu or Christian. However, he does admire Professor Godbole, who, although he is of a superior caste and would be expected to look down on everyone else, is kind and friendly. What other examples of religious conflict contribute to the feeling of the novel? How do these religious conflicts compare to other conflicts in the novel?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)