|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, where is Adela Quested staying?
2. What happens to Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested's relationship before Adela leaves for England?
3. In what event is Professor Godbole participating in Mau?
4. Adela Quested intends to look up __________ when she gets back to England.
5. Dr. Aziz wants the British to ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz go to the house where Cyril Fielding is staying?
2. How does Adela Quested justify her original accusation against Dr. Aziz?
3. Describe Dr. Aziz's conviction about Adela Quested regarding her wedding plans.
4. How does the lieutenant governor react to Cyril Fielding's handling of the trial?
5. Describe the sitting arrangements in the courtroom.
6. What does the servant approach Adela Quested with when she is leaving?
7. Describe the relationship between Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz at the end of the novel.
8. What are Dr. Aziz's feelings about the British in India?
9. Describe the religious tensions in Mau.
10. What happens on the roof of Mr. Zulfiqar's mansion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point in the book Fielding claims, "I travel light." Does Fielding travel as light as he claims? What attachments does he have to the people and places around him that might affect his ability to "travel light"?
Essay Topic 2
A Passage to India seems a fairly obvious title for this story that takes place in Chandrapore, India. How well do you think this title conveys the events in the novel? Do you think that another title would be more appropriate? Suggest an alternate title and describe how this title accurately depicts what takes place in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Often in novels, authors use one or more characters to argue their own viewpoints. Research Forster's own viewpoints. What character or set of characters do you think that Forster is using to communicate his own viewpoints? Is there a specific character that can be defined as Forster?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)