|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Adela Quested and Cyril Fielding conclude might have been the reason for her thinking Dr. Aziz attacked her?
(a) She was hallucinating.
(b) Dr. Aziz did attack her.
(c) She made it up.
(d) A servant attacked her.
2. Why can't Adela Quested leave Chandrapore?
(a) She likes it too much to leave.
(b) The suit against her is unsettled.
(c) She is in love with Cyril Fielding.
(d) She needs to stay with Ronny Heaslop.
3. Why is Cyril Fielding traveling?
(a) For business.
(b) To visit family.
(c) To visit friends.
(d) For pleasure.
4. Which of the following characters were in the boats when they capsized?
(a) Cyril Fielding, Stella, Ralph Moore.
(b) Ronny Heaslop, Ralph Moore, Dr. Aziz.
(c) Cyril Fielding, Stella, Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, Mrs. Moore.
5. What happens regarding the rumor of Adela and Fielding?
(a) It stops circulating.
(b) It continues to circulate among a small group.
(c) It becomes more widely circulated.
(d) People start talking about Nancy instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Aziz want to ask before he apologizes to Adela Quested?
2. Where is Fielding being sent in Chapter 31?
3. To whom does Aziz write in Chapter 37?
4. Why didn't Mrs. Moore defend Adela Quested?
5. In Chapter 24, where is Adela Quested staying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Dr. Aziz's feelings about the British in India?
2. Describe the religious ceremony in which Professor Godbole is participating.
3. How does Adela Quested justify her original accusation against Dr. Aziz?
4. How is Adela Quested received after the trial ends?
5. Why does Dr. Aziz drop the case against Adela Quested?
6. How does the lieutenant governor react to Cyril Fielding's handling of the trial?
7. Describe Dr. Aziz's attitude towards Cyril Fielding when they first meet in Mau.
8. Why can't Adela Quested leave the college?
9. What does the servant approach Adela Quested with when she is leaving?
10. Describe Cyril Fielding's trip.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)