|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Mrs. Moore on the ship?
(a) The wife of the lieutenant governor.
(b) The wife of the chief investigator.
(c) The lieutenant governor.
(d) The chief investigator.
2. What does the person who is trying to blackmail Adela Quested tell her?
(a) The person knows she lied about Dr. Aziz.
(b) The person knows she saw Cyril Fielding late at night at the school.
(c) The person knows that Mrs. Moore is seeing Cyril Fielding.
(d) The person knows she is leaving India.
3. Which of the following events happens, bringing Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz back together as friends?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A visit to Britian.
(c) A shipwreck.
(d) A marriage.
4. In Chapter 34, where is Dr. Aziz?
5. Which of the following characters were in the boats when they capsized?
(a) Cyril Fielding, Stella, Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Cyril Fielding, Stella, Ralph Moore.
(c) Ronny Heaslop, Ralph Moore, Dr. Aziz.
(d) Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, Mrs. Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit and praise Cyril Fielding for his handling of the episode?
2. To what is Mrs. Moore looking forward?
3. Where is Fielding being sent in Chapter 31?
4. Who says "The prisoner is released without one stain on his character; the question of costs will be decided elsewhere"?
5. What does Dr. Aziz's letter do at the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. Aziz released?
2. What is the actual scandal in Chandrapore?
3. Describe the reaction to Mrs. Moore aboard the ship.
4. Describe the relationship between Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz at the end of the novel.
5. What does Dr. Aziz do when he gets to the guest house?
6. What happens on the ship?
7. Describe the religious tensions in Mau.
8. Describe the religious ceremony in which Professor Godbole is participating.
9. Describe a similarity between Nawab Bahudar and Cyril Fielding.
10. What does Dr. Aziz discover about Cyril Fielding's marital status in Part 3, Chapter 35?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)