|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what religion is Professor Godbole affiliated?
2. What does Ronny Heaslop tell Hamidullah and Cyril Fielding when he visits them after Mrs. Moore has left the country?
(a) Adela Quested is sick.
(b) Adela Quested is engaged.
(c) Mrs. Moore is sick.
(d) Mrs. Moore is dead.
3. What does Cyril Fielding find out from Dr. Aziz regarding Mrs. Moore?
(a) That she has died.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she has other children.
(d) That she has left India.
4. Adela Quested intends to look up __________ when she gets back to England.
(a) Her sister-in-law.
(b) Dr. Aziz's lawyers.
(c) Her distant cousins.
(d) Mrs. Moore's other children.
5. Why does Dr. Aziz change his attitude toward Ralph Moore?
(a) He thinks Ralph is nicer than the rest of the family.
(b) He wants to impress Stella.
(c) He is doing what he was told to do by the servants.
(d) He remembers Mrs. Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cyril Fielding send to his friends in Part 2, Chapter 32?
2. Aziz wants to get away from __________ after the trial.
3. When did Adela Quested first start feeling ill?
4. With whom does Dr. Aziz go on a walk?
5. Where is Mau?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the religious ceremony in which Professor Godbole is participating.
2. Describe Dr. Aziz's attitude towards Cyril Fielding when they first meet in Mau.
3. Describe the sitting arrangements in the courtroom.
4. Describe the relationship between Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz at the end of the novel.
5. What does the servant approach Adela Quested with when she is leaving?
6. What are Dr. Aziz's feelings about the British in India?
7. How does the lieutenant governor react to Cyril Fielding's handling of the trial?
8. Describe Dr. Aziz's response to Cyril Fielding's attempts to be polite when they run into each other on a walk in Mau.
9. How does Adela Quested justify her original accusation against Dr. Aziz?
10. What do the postcards that Cyril Fielding writes to his Indian friends signify?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)