|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ronny Heaslop tell Hamidullah and Cyril Fielding when he visits them after Mrs. Moore has left the country?
(a) Mrs. Moore is sick.
(b) Mrs. Moore is dead.
(c) Adela Quested is engaged.
(d) Adela Quested is sick.
2. Who helps Mrs. Moore on the ship?
(a) The wife of the chief investigator.
(b) The lieutenant governor.
(c) The chief investigator.
(d) The wife of the lieutenant governor.
3. What does Dr. Aziz do regarding Adela Quested?
(a) He brings charges against her.
(b) He tries to kill her.
(c) He does not bring charges against her.
(d) He writes her a letter.
4. What does Aziz take to the guest house?
(a) A horse for riding.
(b) A salve for Ralph's bee sting.
(c) A letter for Adela Quested.
(d) Food for the party.
5. To whom is the quote, "even when the lady is so much uglier than the gentleman" referring?
(a) Mrs. Moore.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) Mrs. McBryde.
(d) Nancy Derek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hasn't Cyril Fielding taken out the boats?
2. Why is Cyril Fielding being sent away in Chapter 31?
3. Which of the following characters were in the boats when they capsized?
4. Where does Adela Quested stay while Mrs. Moore travels back to England?
5. Who abandons Adela Quested after the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the sitting arrangements in the courtroom.
2. Describe a similarity between Nawab Bahudar and Cyril Fielding.
3. Describe Dr. Aziz's attitude towards Cyril Fielding when they first meet in Mau.
4. What does Professor Godbole conclude about Mrs. Moore?
5. How does the lieutenant governor react to Cyril Fielding's handling of the trial?
6. What does the servant approach Adela Quested with when she is leaving?
7. Why does Dr. Aziz go to the house where Cyril Fielding is staying?
8. How is Adela Quested received after the trial ends?
9. What do the postcards that Cyril Fielding writes to his Indian friends signify?
10. How does Adela Quested justify her original accusation against Dr. Aziz?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)