|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chapter 27 take place?
(a) At the club.
(b) On the roof of Mr. Zulfiqar's mansion.
(c) In Cyril Fielding's apartment at the college.
(d) In Dr. Aziz's small hovel.
2. Who comes to visit and praise Cyril Fielding for his handling of the episode?
(a) The principal.
(b) The lieutenant governor.
(c) The chief investigator.
(d) The district attorney.
3. Why didn't Mrs. Moore defend Adela Quested?
(a) She didn't want to be put in an unpleasant position.
(b) She did defend her.
(c) She thinks Dr. Aziz is a liar.
(d) She thinks Adela is a liar.
4. Who is the magistrate in charge at the trial?
(a) Mahmoud Ali.
(c) Mr. McBryde.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
5. What is the theme of the religious ceremony taking place in Mau?
(a) God is ruthless.
(b) God is love.
(c) God is unforgiving.
(d) God is merciful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens the court case with "everyone knows the man's guilty"?
2. Into whom does Dr. Aziz run on his walk?
3. Why is Fielding in Mau?
4. What does Cyril Fielding send to his friends in Part 2, Chapter 32?
5. Which of the following events happens, bringing Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz back together as friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the lieutenant governor react to Cyril Fielding's handling of the trial?
2. How does Adela Quested justify her original accusation against Dr. Aziz?
3. Why are Adela Quested's arrangements of where to stay after the trial ends an issue?
4. What is the actual scandal in Chandrapore?
5. Why can't Adela Quested leave the college?
6. Describe Dr. Aziz's conviction about Adela Quested regarding her wedding plans.
7. Describe the sitting arrangements in the courtroom.
8. Describe the religious ceremony in which Professor Godbole is participating.
9. Describe Dr. Aziz's attitude towards Cyril Fielding when they first meet in Mau.
10. What does Dr. Aziz discover about Cyril Fielding's marital status in Part 3, Chapter 35?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)