|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chapter 27 take place?
(a) In Cyril Fielding's apartment at the college.
(b) On the roof of Mr. Zulfiqar's mansion.
(c) In Dr. Aziz's small hovel.
(d) At the club.
2. Who invites Mrs. Moore to sail in her own cabin?
(a) The wife of the Chief Investigator.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) The wife of the Lieutenant Governor.
(d) Nancy Derek.
3. To what does Mrs. Moore attribute her spiritual crisis?
(a) Her lack of English food.
(b) The echo in the cave.
(c) Her visit to India.
(d) Her immoral son.
4. Who insists that violence against the British will not serve anyone's best interests?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Nawab Bahadur.
(c) Mahmoud Ali.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
5. Who says if the British don't leave in his lifetime, they will leave in his children's?
(a) Professor Godbole.
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) Adela Quested.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Adela Quested want Cyril Fielding to help her?
2. What is the theme of the religious ceremony taking place in Mau?
3. Where does Adela Quested stay while Mrs. Moore travels back to England?
4. Why is Cyril Fielding traveling?
5. How does Dr. Aziz react when Cyril Fielding tells him Mrs. Moore is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Professor Godbole conclude about Mrs. Moore?
2. What happens on the roof of Mr. Zulfiqar's mansion?
3. What happens on the ship?
4. Describe the religious tensions in Mau.
5. Why does Dr. Aziz drop the case against Adela Quested?
6. Describe a similarity between Nawab Bahudar and Cyril Fielding.
7. How does the lieutenant governor react to Cyril Fielding's handling of the trial?
8. Describe the sitting arrangements in the courtroom.
9. Describe the reaction to Mrs. Moore aboard the ship.
10. Why is Dr. Aziz released?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)