|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cyril Fielding mad at Dr. Aziz when he runs into him on the walk?
(a) He knows that Dr. Aziz is the one that hid the oars.
(b) Dr. Aziz has lied to him about his own wedding.
(c) Dr. Aziz will not introduce him to his children.
(d) He told him who he married in letters that Dr. Aziz didn't read.
2. In what event is Professor Godbole participating in Mau?
(a) An academic rite.
(b) A marriage.
(c) A religious ceremony.
(d) A graduation.
3. Where does Chapter 27 take place?
(a) In Cyril Fielding's apartment at the college.
(b) On the roof of Mr. Zulfiqar's mansion.
(c) At the club.
(d) In Dr. Aziz's small hovel.
4. Which of the following characters were in the boats when they capsized?
(a) Cyril Fielding, Stella, Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Cyril Fielding, Stella, Ralph Moore.
(c) Ronny Heaslop, Ralph Moore, Dr. Aziz.
(d) Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, Mrs. Moore.
5. Aziz wants to get away from __________ after the trial.
(b) British India.
(c) Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Mrs. Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Aziz react when Cyril Fielding tells him Mrs. Moore is dead?
2. Adela Quested intends to look up __________ when she gets back to England.
3. Who does Dr. Aziz want to ask before he apologizes to Adela Quested?
4. Why is Cyril Fielding being sent away in Chapter 31?
5. Where is Mrs. Moore sailing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a similarity between Nawab Bahudar and Cyril Fielding.
2. What does Professor Godbole conclude about Mrs. Moore?
3. Why does Dr. Aziz drop the case against Adela Quested?
4. How do Adela Quested and Cyril Fielding part when Adela returns to England?
5. Why can't Adela Quested leave the college?
6. What are Dr. Aziz's feelings about the British in India?
7. Describe Dr. Aziz's attitude towards Cyril Fielding when they first meet in Mau.
8. How is Adela Quested received after the trial ends?
9. What do the postcards that Cyril Fielding writes to his Indian friends signify?
10. Why is Dr. Aziz released?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)