|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Aziz write in Chapter 37?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Adela Quested.
(d) Mrs. Moore.
2. Who comes to visit and praise Cyril Fielding for his handling of the episode?
(a) The district attorney.
(b) The lieutenant governor.
(c) The chief investigator.
(d) The principal.
3. Which of the following statements is correct?
(a) Dr. Aziz thinks Adela is beautiful.
(b) Dr. Aziz is so angry that he is plotting against Adela Quested.
(c) Dr. Aziz is offended that people would think he had approached a woman who is not pretty.
(d) Dr. Aziz understands why people would accuse him because he is an Indian.
4. Where does Chapter 27 take place?
(a) At the club.
(b) In Cyril Fielding's apartment at the college.
(c) On the roof of Mr. Zulfiqar's mansion.
(d) In Dr. Aziz's small hovel.
5. What happens to Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested's relationship before Adela leaves for England?
(a) Ronny breaks off the engagement.
(b) Adela breaks off the engagement.
(c) They get married.
(d) They decide to postpone the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens regarding the rumor of Adela and Fielding?
2. What do Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz discuss during their celebration of the results of the trial?
3. What does Cyril Fielding find out from Dr. Aziz regarding Mrs. Moore?
4. There had been a rumor that ___________ was being abused at the hospital.
5. What does Dr. Aziz do regarding Adela Quested?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the lieutenant governor react to Cyril Fielding's handling of the trial?
2. Describe Dr. Aziz's attitude towards Cyril Fielding when they first meet in Mau.
3. Describe the religious tensions in Mau.
4. What is the actual scandal in Chandrapore?
5. Describe Dr. Aziz's conviction about Adela Quested regarding her wedding plans.
6. What does the servant approach Adela Quested with when she is leaving?
7. What are Dr. Aziz's feelings about the British in India?
8. Describe the relationship between Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz at the end of the novel.
9. How do Adela Quested and Cyril Fielding part when Adela returns to England?
10. How is Adela Quested received after the trial ends?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)