|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mau?
(a) Right outside of Chandrapore.
(b) Several hundreds miles west of Chandrapore.
(c) Inside of Chandrapore.
(d) Several hundreds miles east of Chandrapore.
2. What is the theme of the religious ceremony taking place in Mau?
(a) God is ruthless.
(b) God is love.
(c) God is unforgiving.
(d) God is merciful.
3. When Adela Quested asks Cyril Fielding what Dr. Aziz thinks of her, what does Fielding say?
(a) Dr. Aziz doesn't think of her at all.
(b) Dr. Aziz is bitter.
(c) Dr. Aziz thinks she is not pretty.
(d) Dr. Aziz has forgiven her.
4. There had been a rumor that ___________ was being abused at the hospital.
(a) Nawab Bahadur's sister.
(b) Nawab Bahadur's grandson.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
5. Who is the magistrate in charge at the trial?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Mahmoud Ali.
(c) Mr. McBryde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cyril Fielding's current occupation in Chapter 32?
2. On his walk to the guest house, Dr. Aziz notices that everyone is out in the boats; what does he do?
3. How do people respond to the rumor that an Englishman killed his own mother?
4. What does Professor Godbole decide is his duty?
5. Who files for divorce?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a similarity between Nawab Bahudar and Cyril Fielding.
2. How do Adela Quested and Cyril Fielding part when Adela returns to England?
3. Describe the religious tensions in Mau.
4. What happens on the roof of Mr. Zulfiqar's mansion?
5. Describe Dr. Aziz and Cyril Fielding's discussion of compensation for Adela Quested.
6. Why are Adela Quested's arrangements of where to stay after the trial ends an issue?
7. What does Professor Godbole conclude about Mrs. Moore?
8. Describe Dr. Aziz's attitude towards Cyril Fielding when they first meet in Mau.
9. Describe the reaction to Mrs. Moore aboard the ship.
10. Why can't Adela Quested leave the college?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)