|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I'm afraid I have made a mistake"?
(a) Mr. McBryde.
(b) Adela Quested.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
2. Why is Cyril Fielding being sent away in Chapter 31?
(a) To dispell rumors about him.
(b) To get him away from Adela Quested.
(c) To visit Mrs. Moore.
(d) To get him away from Chandrapore.
3. Where does Chapter 27 take place?
(a) In Cyril Fielding's apartment at the college.
(b) In Dr. Aziz's small hovel.
(c) On the roof of Mr. Zulfiqar's mansion.
(d) At the club.
4. Why does Dr. Aziz change his attitude toward Ralph Moore?
(a) He is doing what he was told to do by the servants.
(b) He thinks Ralph is nicer than the rest of the family.
(c) He wants to impress Stella.
(d) He remembers Mrs. Moore.
5. Who is the magistrate in charge at the trial?
(a) Mr. McBryde.
(b) Mahmoud Ali.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hasn't Cyril Fielding taken out the boats?
2. There had been a rumor that ___________ was being abused at the hospital.
3. What does Dr. Aziz do regarding Adela Quested?
4. How does Cyril Fielding feel about his Indian friends?
5. What does Cyril Fielding send to his friends in Part 2, Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Dr. Aziz's feelings about the British in India?
2. Describe a similarity between Nawab Bahudar and Cyril Fielding.
3. Why is Dr. Aziz released?
4. Describe the reaction to Mrs. Moore aboard the ship.
5. What does the servant approach Adela Quested with when she is leaving?
6. Why can't Adela Quested leave the college?
7. Describe the religious ceremony in which Professor Godbole is participating.
8. Why does Dr. Aziz drop the case against Adela Quested?
9. Describe Dr. Aziz's conviction about Adela Quested regarding her wedding plans.
10. Describe Dr. Aziz's response to Cyril Fielding's attempts to be polite when they run into each other on a walk in Mau.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)