|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
(a) To discuss Aziz's situation.
(b) To meet with Adela.
(c) To go to work.
(d) To meet with Aziz.
2. Who questions the allegations and insists on talking to Adela?
(a) Mr. Turton.
(b) Ronny Heaslop.
(c) Mrs. Moore.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
3. After Ronny Heaslop and Mrs. Moore talk about Dr. Aziz, ____.
(a) Ronny Heaslop tells Mrs. Moore to invite Dr. Aziz to the Bridge Party.
(b) Ronny Heaslop decides to warn Adela Questad of the dangers in the mosque.
(c) Mrs. Moore is upset that Dr. Aziz has been misunderstood.
(d) Mrs. Moore immediately tells Adela Questad of their conversation.
4. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
(a) To meet some friends.
(b) To visit a museum.
(c) To visit a brothel.
(d) To conduct business.
5. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
(a) They hit an animal.
(b) They hit a pothole.
(c) They make it back safely.
(d) They run out of gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who resigns from the club over the case?
2. In the circular chamber, if a match is lit, it becomes apparent that the interior walls ________.
3. Why is Dr. Aziz arrested?
4. Why does Mrs. Moore come to India?
5. Who escorts Mrs. Moore off the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the climate play within the novel?
2. Describe Cyril Fielding's thoughts on atheism.
3. What are Cyril Fielding's opinions of the English occupation?
4. How likely is it that Adela Quested will listen to Ronny Heaslop's demands that she not see Indians?
5. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
6. Who are Aziz's friends, and how can they be described?
7. Describe the setting of the novel.
8. How does Ronny Heaslop react to Adela Quested's situation?
9. Describe the difference in Nawab Bahadur and Mahmoud Ali's response to the bridge party invitation.
10. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz on the picnic, before they enter the caves?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)