|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Turton expect Cyril Fielding to do?
(a) Rally for Adela Quested because of her race.
(b) Leave the country and avoid the trial.
(c) Determine all the facts before making a decision.
(d) Fight for Dr. Aziz because he knows he is innocent.
2. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
(a) To meet with Aziz.
(b) To meet with Adela.
(c) To go to work.
(d) To discuss Aziz's situation.
3. Hamidullah is surprised that ______is taking Dr, Aziz's side against his own people.
(b) Professor Godbole.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
4. Who questions the allegations and insists on talking to Adela?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Mr. Turton.
(c) Mrs. Moore.
(d) Ronny Heaslop.
5. How does Adela react in response to offending Aziz?
(a) She apologizes immediately.
(b) She continues to ask offensive questions.
(c) She doesn't realize she has offended him.
(d) She tells him that he is being too sensitive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
2. What best characterizes the celebration of the holiday occurring at the same time that Fielding travels into the city?
3. Why does Adela Quested say she wants to drop the case?
4. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
5. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moore think of the caves?
2. Describe Cyril Fielding's thoughts on atheism.
3. Why is Cyril Fielding unsure about hiring Amritrao?
4. Describe Mrs. Moore's attitude towards Adela Quested and the case.
5. Where is Adela Quested when she can't be found?
6. Why is the bridge party organized?
7. Why is it significant that Dr. Aziz shows Cyril Fielding a picture of his wife?
8. What are Cyril Fielding's opinions of the English occupation?
9. How does Cyril Fielding react to the discovery of the letter to the brothel owner?
10. What is the purpose of the women gathering before the trial with Adela Quested?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)