|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
(a) His passport.
(b) A scar.
(c) Some books.
(d) A picture of his wife.
2. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
3. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
(a) He wants to get to know the women better in the absence of Indians.
(b) He is proud of the tea that is served in India and wants them to experience it.
(c) He is ashamed and angry that the Indians have been invited to the Bridge party and have been treated so badly.
(d) He prefers intimate events and is overwhelmed by the Bridge party.
4. When does the party plan to leave to go to the caves?
(a) As soon as it is light out.
(b) Long before daylight.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) Late at night.
5. What does Mrs. Moore hear in the cave?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
2. How does Adela react in response to offending Aziz?
3. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
4. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
5. What does Adela Quested do after Dr. Aziz goes into the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Aziz do when he gets to the guest house?
2. What does Mrs. Moore think of the caves?
3. Describe the Marabar Caves.
4. Why is Dr. Aziz released?
5. How likely is it that Adela Quested will listen to Ronny Heaslop's demands that she not see Indians?
6. Describe the religious tensions in Mau.
7. What are Cyril Fielding's opinions of the English occupation?
8. Describe Cyril Fielding's trip.
9. What is Aziz's reaction to Adela Quested's question before they enter the caves?
10. Why are Adela Quested's arrangements of where to stay after the trial ends an issue?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)