|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adela Quested do after Dr. Aziz goes into the cave?
(a) She goes into the cave by herself.
(b) She starts yelling his name.
(c) She sits outside the cave and waits for him.
(d) She runs down the hill to Mrs. Moore.
2. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
(a) Uncle Vanya.
(b) Cousin Kate.
(c) Sister Act.
(d) Brother Adam.
3. What does Dr. Aziz see when he first comes out of the cave?
(a) Mrs. Moore and Cyril Fielding.
(b) A servant alone.
(c) Adela Quested crying.
(d) A crowd of people he doesn't know.
4. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
(b) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
(c) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
(d) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
5. Who is the Inspector of Police?
(a) Mr. Derek.
(b) Nawab Bahadar.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Mr. Turton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
2. When does the party plan to leave to go to the caves?
3. What do the lawyers and Cyril Fielding decide to do regarding Aziz's case?
4. What does Cyril Fielding think of Adela Quested's accusations?
5. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Mohurram holiday?
2. Describe Mrs. Moore's attitude towards Adela Quested and the case.
3. What is Aziz's reaction to Adela Quested's question before they enter the caves?
4. What does Mrs. Moore think of the caves?
5. What happens when the party returns from the caves to Chandrapore?
6. How likely is it that Adela Quested will listen to Ronny Heaslop's demands that she not see Indians?
7. Why is the bridge party organized?
8. Who are Aziz's friends, and how can they be described?
9. What role does the climate play within the novel?
10. Describe Cyril Fielding's thoughts on atheism.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)