|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
(b) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
(c) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
(d) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
2. With what are Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde helping Adela Quested?
(a) Consoling her.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Preparing her case.
(d) Picking cactus spines out of her.
3. Who already has decided that Aziz is definitely guilty?
(a) Mrs. Moore.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Mr. Turton.
(d) Nawab Bahadur.
4. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
(a) Sister Act.
(b) Cousin Kate.
(c) Uncle Vanya.
(d) Brother Adam.
5. Hamidullah is surprised that ______is taking Dr, Aziz's side against his own people.
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(b) Professor Godbole.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
2. After Ronny Heaslop and Mrs. Moore talk about Dr. Aziz, ____.
3. What does Dr. Aziz find and pick up that belongs to Adela Quested after leaving the caves?
4. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
5. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city?
2. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
3. How does Cyril Fielding react to the discovery of the letter to the brothel owner?
4. What does Mrs. Moore notice regarding Ronny Heaslop's response to Cousin Kate?
5. Why is the bridge party organized?
6. What role does the climate play within the novel?
7. Describe the difference in Nawab Bahadur and Mahmoud Ali's response to the bridge party invitation.
8. Is Cyril Fielding's response to Adela Quested's accusations well accepted?
9. Describe the Marabar Caves.
10. Describe the setting of the novel.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)