|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is served on the train?
(d) Poached eggs.
2. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
(b) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
(c) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
(d) The British live on the banks of the river.
3. Who is the leading barrister of Chandrapore with a Cambridge degree?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Professor Godbole.
4. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
(b) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
(c) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
(d) He is always upset at all Indians.
5. Where is Adela Quested staying after the attack when she is visiting with Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde?
(a) At Ronny Heaslop's.
(b) At the McBrydes's.
(c) At Cyril Fielding's.
(d) At Nancy Derek's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
2. In the circular chamber, if a match is lit, it becomes apparent that the interior walls ________.
3. Who escorts Mrs. Moore off the train?
4. What story does Major Callendar tell about Dr. Aziz?
5. Who comes to visit Cyril Fielding at the school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Cyril Fielding's opinions of the English occupation?
2. How does the lieutenant governor react to Cyril Fielding's handling of the trial?
3. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz on the picnic, before they enter the caves?
4. Why does Dr. Aziz go to the house where Cyril Fielding is staying?
5. What do the postcards that Cyril Fielding writes to his Indian friends signify?
6. Describe Mrs. Moore's attitude on the ship.
7. Describe Cyril Fielding's thoughts on atheism.
8. Describe the religious ceremony in which Professor Godbole is participating.
9. What does Professor Godbole conclude about Mrs. Moore?
10. How do Adela Quested and Cyril Fielding part when Adela returns to England?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)