|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
(a) She tells him that his wife is ugly.
(b) She says that she is suprised he is married.
(c) She accuses him of flirting with her.
(d) She asks him if he has multiple wives.
2. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) The British live on the banks of the river.
(b) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
(c) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
(d) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
3. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
4. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
(a) The Inspector of Police.
(b) A Lawyer.
(c) The Head of the Club.
(d) A Professor.
5. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
(a) To escape the city.
(b) To play polo.
(c) To go riding with Adela Quested.
(d) To visit a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions the allegations and insists on talking to Adela?
2. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
3. What is served on the train?
4. In Chapter 21, what holiday is being celebrated in the city?
5. Who is not one of the people that Cyril Fielding meets with regarding Dr. Aziz's situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
2. How do the plans to go to the cave get rekindled?
3. What is the purpose of the women gathering before the trial with Adela Quested?
4. What role does the climate play within the novel?
5. Why is Major Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz?
6. How likely is it that Adela Quested will listen to Ronny Heaslop's demands that she not see Indians?
7. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz on the picnic, before they enter the caves?
8. How does Cyril Fielding react to the discovery of the letter to the brothel owner?
9. What are Cyril Fielding's opinions of the English occupation?
10. Why is Cyril Fielding unsure about hiring Amritrao?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)