|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(b) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
(c) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
(d) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
2. What does Adela Quested do after Dr. Aziz goes into the cave?
(a) She goes into the cave by herself.
(b) She sits outside the cave and waits for him.
(c) She starts yelling his name.
(d) She runs down the hill to Mrs. Moore.
3. Who escorts Mrs. Moore off the train?
(a) Mr. Turton.
(b) Ronny Heaslop.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Adela Quested.
4. Who comes to visit Cyril Fielding at the school?
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Professor Godbole.
5. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
(a) Like other British women because she sides with Mr. Callendar.
(b) Different from other British women because she listens to him.
(c) Like other British women because she talks to much.
(d) Different from other British women because she is pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela Quested say started the echo?
2. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
3. How do the women start treating Adela Quested after she accuses Dr. Aziz of attacking her?
4. What does Dr. Aziz see when he first comes out of the cave?
5. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cyril Fielding unsure about hiring Amritrao?
2. Describe the Marabar Caves.
3. How does Cyril Fielding react to the discovery of the letter to the brothel owner?
4. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city?
5. Why is the bridge party organized?
6. How do the plans to go to the cave get rekindled?
7. What is the significance of the Mohurram holiday?
8. Who are Aziz's friends, and how can they be described?
9. Is Cyril Fielding's response to Adela Quested's accusations well accepted?
10. Describe the setting of the novel.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)