|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "nothing embraces the whole of India, nothing, nothing, and that was Akbar's mistake."
(a) Professor Godbole.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
2. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To meet with Aziz.
(c) To meet with Adela.
(d) To discuss Aziz's situation.
3. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
(a) Because he thinks it will be more interesting.
(b) Because his home is unfit for visitors.
(c) Because Adela asks him to.
(d) Because Indians cannot have Anglo guests.
4. How does Adela react in response to offending Aziz?
(a) She apologizes immediately.
(b) She doesn't realize she has offended him.
(c) She continues to ask offensive questions.
(d) She tells him that he is being too sensitive.
5. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
(a) They make it back safely.
(b) They hit an animal.
(c) They hit a pothole.
(d) They run out of gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
2. With what are Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde helping Adela Quested?
3. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
4. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
5. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Adela Quested leave the college?
2. Who are Aziz's friends, and how can they be described?
3. Is Cyril Fielding's response to Adela Quested's accusations well accepted?
4. What do the postcards that Cyril Fielding writes to his Indian friends signify?
5. How is Adela Quested received after the trial ends?
6. Describe the religious ceremony in which Professor Godbole is participating.
7. How do the plans to go to the cave get rekindled?
8. What are Cyril Fielding's opinions of the English occupation?
9. Describe the evidence against Dr. Aziz.
10. What happens on the ship?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)