|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Inspector of Police?
(a) Mr. Derek.
(b) Nawab Bahadar.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Mr. Turton.
2. Who is the district superintendent of police?
(a) Mr. Turton.
(b) Ronny Heaslop.
(c) Mr. McBryde.
(d) Major Callendar.
3. Why does Adela Quested say she wants to drop the case?
(a) She wants to leave the country.
(b) She doesn't want an Indian prosecutor.
(c) She thinks Dr. Aziz is innocent.
(d) She doesn't want an Indian defendant.
4. Who resigns from the club over the case?
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Professor Godbole.
(d) Ronny Heaslop.
5. How does Adela Quested say she tried to stop the attack?
(a) By calling for help from the servants.
(b) By pushing Dr. Aziz down.
(c) She didn't try to stop it.
(d) By hitting Dr. Aziz with her glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who misses the train on the way to the caves?
2. What does Adela Quested do after Dr. Aziz goes into the cave?
3. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
4. What does Adela Quested say started the echo?
5. What was in Dr. Aziz's pocket when the police searched him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moore notice regarding Ronny Heaslop's response to Cousin Kate?
2. Where is Adela Quested when she can't be found?
3. Who are Aziz's friends, and how can they be described?
4. What is the purpose of the women gathering before the trial with Adela Quested?
5. Why is it significant that Dr. Aziz shows Cyril Fielding a picture of his wife?
6. Why does Mrs. Moore go back to England?
7. Why is Cyril Fielding unsure about hiring Amritrao?
8. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
9. Describe Cyril Fielding's thoughts on atheism.
10. How likely is it that Adela Quested will listen to Ronny Heaslop's demands that she not see Indians?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)