|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
2. With what are Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde helping Adela Quested?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) Preparing her case.
(c) Consoling her.
(d) Picking cactus spines out of her.
3. In Chapter 21, what holiday is being celebrated in the city?
4. When Dr. Aziz asks Cyril Fielding why he isn't married, what does Fielding say?
(a) He is already married.
(b) The lady he liked wouldn't marry him.
(c) He doesn't believe in marriage.
(d) The right woman hasn't come along.
5. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
(b) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
(c) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
(d) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
2. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
3. Who is the Inspector of Police?
4. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
5. What does Dr. Aziz do in response to being offended by Adela Quested outside the caves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Moore go back to England?
2. Why is Major Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz?
3. How does Ronny Heaslop react to Adela Quested's situation?
4. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
5. Describe Mrs. Moore's attitude towards Adela Quested and the case.
6. What does Mrs. Moore think of the caves?
7. What does Mrs. Moore notice regarding Ronny Heaslop's response to Cousin Kate?
8. Describe the difference in Nawab Bahadur and Mahmoud Ali's response to the bridge party invitation.
9. What are Cyril Fielding's opinions of the English occupation?
10. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz on the picnic, before they enter the caves?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)