|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
(a) To meet with Aziz.
(b) To meet with Adela.
(c) To discuss Aziz's situation.
(d) To go to work.
2. Who is invited to the caves?
(a) Ronny Heaslop, Professor Godbole, and Mrs. Moore.
(b) Adela Quested, Ronny Heaslop, and Mrs. Moore.
(c) Professor Godbole, Adela Quested, and Mrs, Moore.
(d) Adela Quested, Mrs. Moore, and Nancy Derek.
3. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
(b) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
(c) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
4. Why does Cyril Fielding want to talk to Adela Quested after Dr. Aziz's arrest?
(a) He hopes she'll recant before the report is submitted.
(b) He thinks that Dr. Aziz is guilty.
(c) He has feelings for Adela Quested.
(d) He wants to defend her honor.
5. What is the weather like in India?
(a) Mild and comfortable.
(b) Freezing cold.
(c) Rainy and wet.
(d) Oppressively hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adela Quested say started the echo?
2. What does Adela Quested do after Dr. Aziz goes into the cave?
3. Who is the city magistrate?
4. After Ronny Heaslop and Mrs. Moore talk about Dr. Aziz, ____.
5. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Adela Quested's accusation against Aziz after the visit to the caves.
2. What does Mrs. Moore think of the caves?
3. What is Aziz's reaction to Adela Quested's question before they enter the caves?
4. What is the purpose of the women gathering before the trial with Adela Quested?
5. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
6. Describe Mrs. Moore's attitude towards Adela Quested and the case.
7. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz on the picnic, before they enter the caves?
8. What role does the climate play within the novel?
9. What is the significance of the Mohurram holiday?
10. What does Mrs. Moore notice regarding Ronny Heaslop's response to Cousin Kate?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)