|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the lawyers and Cyril Fielding decide to do regarding Aziz's case?
(a) Try to get the case dismissed.
(b) Try to get Aziz to confess.
(c) Try again for Aziz's bail.
(d) Try to lengthen Aziz's sentence.
2. How does Adela react in response to offending Aziz?
(a) She tells him that he is being too sensitive.
(b) She apologizes immediately.
(c) She doesn't realize she has offended him.
(d) She continues to ask offensive questions.
3. Where is Adela Quested staying after the attack when she is visiting with Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde?
(a) At Nancy Derek's.
(b) At the McBrydes's.
(c) At Cyril Fielding's.
(d) At Ronny Heaslop's.
4. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
(b) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
(c) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
5. Who resigns from the club over the case?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) Professor Godbole.
(d) Ronny Heaslop.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what holiday is being celebrated in the city?
2. How is Adela's situation/health as the trial approaches?
3. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
4. Who misses the train on the way to the caves?
5. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant that Dr. Aziz shows Cyril Fielding a picture of his wife?
2. What is the purpose of the women gathering before the trial with Adela Quested?
3. How likely is it that Adela Quested will listen to Ronny Heaslop's demands that she not see Indians?
4. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz on the picnic, before they enter the caves?
5. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
6. How does Ronny Heaslop react to Adela Quested's situation?
7. Why is Major Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz?
8. What is Aziz's reaction to Adela Quested's question before they enter the caves?
9. What role does the climate play within the novel?
10. Why is Cyril Fielding unsure about hiring Amritrao?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)