|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adela Quested do after Dr. Aziz goes into the cave?
(a) She goes into the cave by herself.
(b) She runs down the hill to Mrs. Moore.
(c) She starts yelling his name.
(d) She sits outside the cave and waits for him.
2. What does Dr. Aziz say when Adela Quested asks if he is married?
(a) He says that he has not been married.
(b) He says yes and invites her to come see his wife.
(c) He says he is unhappily married.
(d) He says no, his wife has passed away.
3. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
4. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
(a) The Head of the Club.
(b) The Inspector of Police.
(c) A Lawyer.
(d) A Professor.
5. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
(a) He runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque.
(b) He cannot find a tonga to drive him.
(c) He is caught up in conversation with Hamidullah.
(d) He gets a flat tire on his bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like in India?
2. Who is the city magistrate?
3. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
4. In the circular chamber, if a match is lit, it becomes apparent that the interior walls ________.
5. Who escorts Mrs. Moore off the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Adela Quested leave the college?
2. Describe Dr. Aziz and Cyril Fielding's discussion of compensation for Adela Quested.
3. Describe the relationship between Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz at the end of the novel.
4. Why is the bridge party organized?
5. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
6. Describe the reaction to Mrs. Moore aboard the ship.
7. What happens on the roof of Mr. Zulfiqar's mansion?
8. Describe Dr. Aziz's response to Cyril Fielding's attempts to be polite when they run into each other on a walk in Mau.
9. How does Ronny Heaslop react to Adela Quested's situation?
10. How is Adela Quested received after the trial ends?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)