|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who misses the train on the way to the caves?
(a) Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested.
(b) Professor Godbole and Adela Quested.
(c) Ronny Heaslop and ProfessorGodbole.
(d) Cyril Fielding and Professor Godbole.
2. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To meet with Aziz.
(c) To discuss Aziz's situation.
(d) To meet with Adela.
3. Adela Quested is thinking of the wedding as she is climbing near the caves. What are her thoughts on the wedding?
(a) She decides she does not love Ronny Heaslop.
(b) She wants to have the wedding in England.
(c) She is excited about the approaching wedding.
(d) She thinks that the wedding is too soon.
4. From whom is the letter that Dr. Aziz has in his possession when arrested?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) His brother living in Calcutta.
(d) His friend who owns a brothel.
5. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He is always upset at all Indians.
(b) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
(c) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
(d) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
2. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
3. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
4. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
5. What is part of purdah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ronny Heaslop react to Adela Quested's situation?
2. How does Cyril Fielding react to the discovery of the letter to the brothel owner?
3. Why does Mrs. Moore go back to England?
4. Why is Major Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz?
5. What does Mrs. Moore notice regarding Ronny Heaslop's response to Cousin Kate?
6. What is the purpose of the women gathering before the trial with Adela Quested?
7. How likely is it that Adela Quested will listen to Ronny Heaslop's demands that she not see Indians?
8. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz on the picnic, before they enter the caves?
9. What are Cyril Fielding's opinions of the English occupation?
10. Why is Cyril Fielding unsure about hiring Amritrao?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)