|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
(a) To meet with Adela.
(b) To meet with Aziz.
(c) To discuss Aziz's situation.
(d) To go to work.
2. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
(a) Because he thinks it will be more interesting.
(b) Because his home is unfit for visitors.
(c) Because Indians cannot have Anglo guests.
(d) Because Adela asks him to.
3. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
(a) Different from other British women because she listens to him.
(b) Like other British women because she sides with Mr. Callendar.
(c) Different from other British women because she is pretty.
(d) Like other British women because she talks to much.
4. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
(a) Is resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Says he believes that the party will give him a chance to rise in power.
(c) Is upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(d) Says he welcomes and appreciates the gesture of the British.
5. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Aziz find and pick up that belongs to Adela Quested after leaving the caves?
2. Who comes to visit Cyril Fielding at the school?
3. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
4. What do the lawyers and Cyril Fielding decide to do regarding Aziz's case?
5. What is served on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz on the picnic, before they enter the caves?
2. Why is the bridge party organized?
3. How likely is it that Adela Quested will listen to Ronny Heaslop's demands that she not see Indians?
4. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city?
5. Describe Mrs. Moore's attitude towards Adela Quested and the case.
6. What role does the climate play within the novel?
7. Where is Adela Quested when she can't be found?
8. How do the plans to go to the cave get rekindled?
9. Describe the Marabar Caves.
10. What is Aziz's reaction to Adela Quested's question before they enter the caves?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)