|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Calcutta barrister, who has a good reputation but is notoriously anti-British?
(b) Professor Godbole.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
2. Where is Adela Quested staying after the attack when she is visiting with Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde?
(a) At Cyril Fielding's.
(b) At Ronny Heaslop's.
(c) At Nancy Derek's.
(d) At the McBrydes's.
3. Who is invited to the caves?
(a) Adela Quested, Ronny Heaslop, and Mrs. Moore.
(b) Ronny Heaslop, Professor Godbole, and Mrs. Moore.
(c) Adela Quested, Mrs. Moore, and Nancy Derek.
(d) Professor Godbole, Adela Quested, and Mrs, Moore.
4. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
(b) He is always upset at all Indians.
(c) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
(d) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
5. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
(a) Because his home is unfit for visitors.
(b) Because Adela asks him to.
(c) Because he thinks it will be more interesting.
(d) Because Indians cannot have Anglo guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hamidullah is surprised that ______is taking Dr, Aziz's side against his own people.
2. In the circular chamber, if a match is lit, it becomes apparent that the interior walls ________.
3. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
4. What does Mrs. Moore hear in the cave?
5. What story does Major Callendar tell about Dr. Aziz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moore think of the caves?
2. What role does the climate play within the novel?
3. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city?
4. Describe the setting of the novel.
5. Describe Cyril Fielding's thoughts on atheism.
6. What happens when the party returns from the caves to Chandrapore?
7. Why is Major Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz?
8. What is the significance of the Mohurram holiday?
9. Why is Cyril Fielding unsure about hiring Amritrao?
10. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)