|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Aziz asks Cyril Fielding why he isn't married, what does Fielding say?
(a) The lady he liked wouldn't marry him.
(b) He is already married.
(c) He doesn't believe in marriage.
(d) The right woman hasn't come along.
2. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
(a) He tells him that Aziz's illness is potentially fatal.
(b) He tells them about his visit to a brothel.
(c) He tells them that he is engaged.
(d) He tells them he doesn't believe in God.
3. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To meet with Adela.
(c) To meet with Aziz.
(d) To discuss Aziz's situation.
4. Who tells Cyril Fielding, "you deserted me"?
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) Professor Godbole.
5. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(c) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(d) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Calcutta barrister, who has a good reputation but is notoriously anti-British?
2. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
3. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
4. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
5. Why does Adela Quested say she wants to drop the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Moore go back to England?
2. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city?
3. How likely is it that Adela Quested will listen to Ronny Heaslop's demands that she not see Indians?
4. Describe the Marabar Caves.
5. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
6. How do the plans to go to the cave get rekindled?
7. Where is Adela Quested when she can't be found?
8. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz on the picnic, before they enter the caves?
9. How does Ronny Heaslop react to Adela Quested's situation?
10. What does Mrs. Moore notice regarding Ronny Heaslop's response to Cousin Kate?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)