|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is invited to the caves?
(a) Professor Godbole, Adela Quested, and Mrs, Moore.
(b) Adela Quested, Ronny Heaslop, and Mrs. Moore.
(c) Ronny Heaslop, Professor Godbole, and Mrs. Moore.
(d) Adela Quested, Mrs. Moore, and Nancy Derek.
2. Why does Mrs. Moore come to India?
(a) She comes to visit her sister, who has married an Indian man.
(b) She comes on official business as a liason to the Indians.
(c) She comes as a tourist to see what British India looks like.
(d) She comes to visit her son.
3. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
4. Who is the Inspector of Police?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Mr. Derek.
(c) Mr. Turton.
(d) Nawab Bahadar.
5. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
(b) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
(c) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
(d) The British live on the banks of the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom is the letter that Dr. Aziz has in his possession when arrested?
2. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
3. What does Adela Quested do after Dr. Aziz goes into the cave?
4. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
5. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the bridge party organized?
2. Describe the evidence against Dr. Aziz.
3. What does Mrs. Moore notice regarding Ronny Heaslop's response to Cousin Kate?
4. Who are Aziz's friends, and how can they be described?
5. How likely is it that Adela Quested will listen to Ronny Heaslop's demands that she not see Indians?
6. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz on the picnic, before they enter the caves?
7. What does Mrs. Moore think of the caves?
8. How does Cyril Fielding react to the discovery of the letter to the brothel owner?
9. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city?
10. What is the purpose of the women gathering before the trial with Adela Quested?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)