|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I shall attend your marriage, but not your trial. Then I shall go to England."
(a) Mrs. Moore.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ronny Heaslop.
2. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) To escape the city.
(c) To play polo.
(d) To go riding with Adela Quested.
3. When does the party plan to leave to go to the caves?
(a) Late at night.
(b) Long before daylight.
(c) As soon as it is light out.
(d) In the afternoon.
4. With what are Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde helping Adela Quested?
(a) Preparing her case.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Consoling her.
(d) Picking cactus spines out of her.
5. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
(b) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
(c) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
(d) The British live on the banks of the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what holiday is being celebrated in the city?
2. How is Adela's situation/health as the trial approaches?
3. Why does Adela Quested say she wants to drop the case?
4. What best characterizes the celebration of the holiday occurring at the same time that Fielding travels into the city?
5. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Moore go back to England?
2. What are Cyril Fielding's opinions of the English occupation?
3. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city?
4. Describe Cyril Fielding's thoughts on atheism.
5. Describe the setting of the novel.
6. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
7. What does Mrs. Moore think of the caves?
8. What does Mrs. Moore notice regarding Ronny Heaslop's response to Cousin Kate?
9. Describe the evidence against Dr. Aziz.
10. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz on the picnic, before they enter the caves?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)