|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
(b) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
(c) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
2. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(b) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(c) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(d) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
3. Why does Mrs. Moore come to India?
(a) She comes on official business as a liason to the Indians.
(b) She comes to visit her sister, who has married an Indian man.
(c) She comes as a tourist to see what British India looks like.
(d) She comes to visit her son.
4. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(b) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(c) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
(d) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
5. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
(b) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
(c) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
(d) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adela Quested say she tried to stop the attack?
2. What is part of purdah?
3. Who says he blames himself for the incident with Adela Quested?
4. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
5. What does Dr. Aziz find and pick up that belongs to Adela Quested after leaving the caves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moore notice regarding Ronny Heaslop's response to Cousin Kate?
2. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
3. Describe Mrs. Moore's attitude towards Adela Quested and the case.
4. Why is the bridge party organized?
5. What does Mrs. Moore think of the caves?
6. Where is Adela Quested when she can't be found?
7. How do the plans to go to the cave get rekindled?
8. Is Cyril Fielding's response to Adela Quested's accusations well accepted?
9. Why is it significant that Dr. Aziz shows Cyril Fielding a picture of his wife?
10. How does Ronny Heaslop react to Adela Quested's situation?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)