|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who questions the allegations and insists on talking to Adela?
(a) Mr. Turton.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
2. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
(b) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
(c) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(d) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
3. What best characterizes the celebration of the holiday occurring at the same time that Fielding travels into the city?
(d) A Parade.
4. What does Cyril Fielding think of Adela Quested's accusations?
(a) He thinks they are true.
(b) He thinks that they are not malicious and she is just mistaken.
(c) He thinks she is purposely trying to bring down Aziz.
(d) He thinks she is a liar.
5. How does Adela Quested say she tried to stop the attack?
(a) By calling for help from the servants.
(b) She didn't try to stop it.
(c) By hitting Dr. Aziz with her glasses.
(d) By pushing Dr. Aziz down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Cyril Fielding want to talk to Adela Quested after Dr. Aziz's arrest?
3. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
4. Who says, "nothing embraces the whole of India, nothing, nothing, and that was Akbar's mistake."
5. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Aziz's conviction about Adela Quested regarding her wedding plans.
2. Describe a similarity between Nawab Bahudar and Cyril Fielding.
3. Why can't Adela Quested leave the college?
4. Describe Cyril Fielding's thoughts on atheism.
5. What happens on the ship?
6. What is Cyril Fielding's role in the trial against Dr. Aziz?
7. Why is it significant that Dr. Aziz shows Cyril Fielding a picture of his wife?
8. Is Cyril Fielding's response to Adela Quested's accusations well accepted?
9. What do the postcards that Cyril Fielding writes to his Indian friends signify?
10. Describe the setting of the novel.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)