|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
(a) The Inspector of Police.
(b) A Lawyer.
(c) The Head of the Club.
(d) A Professor.
2. Who is the district superintendent of police?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Major Callendar.
(c) Mr. Turton.
(d) Mr. McBryde.
3. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(b) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
(c) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
(d) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
4. What best characterizes the celebration of the holiday occurring at the same time that Fielding travels into the city?
(a) A Parade.
5. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
2. After Ronny Heaslop and Mrs. Moore talk about Dr. Aziz, ____.
3. What does Dr. Aziz say when Adela Quested asks if he is married?
4. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
5. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the plans to go to the cave get rekindled?
2. Describe Mrs. Moore's attitude towards Adela Quested and the case.
3. How does Ronny Heaslop react to Adela Quested's situation?
4. Why is the bridge party organized?
5. Who are Aziz's friends, and how can they be described?
6. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city?
7. Where is Adela Quested when she can't be found?
8. What role does the climate play within the novel?
9. What is the purpose of the women gathering before the trial with Adela Quested?
10. Why is Cyril Fielding unsure about hiring Amritrao?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)