|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cyril Fielding traveling?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) For business.
(c) To visit family.
(d) For pleasure.
2. Where is not one of the places that Cyril Fielding travels?
3. Who are the letters from that Dr. Aziz finds?
(a) Cyril Fielding and Mrs. Moore.
(b) Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested.
(c) Ronny Heaslop and Cyril Fielding.
(d) Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested.
4. What is the theme of the religious ceremony taking place in Mau?
(a) God is merciful.
(b) God is unforgiving.
(c) God is love.
(d) God is ruthless.
5. Why hasn't Cyril Fielding taken out the boats?
(a) He doesn't know where to go.
(b) They don't belong to him.
(c) He cannot find the oars.
(d) He doesn't have enough time.
6. What does Dr. Aziz think will happen if Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested marry?
(a) Fielding will be poor because he will not accept Adela's family's money.
(b) Fielding will have a lot of money because he is marrying into a rich family.
(c) Fielding will be poor because Adela has no money.
(d) Fielding will enjoy the money Aziz would have had if he filed charges.
7. What is Cyril Fielding's current occupation in Chapter 32?
(a) Cleaning houses.
(b) Organizing tours of India.
(c) Teaching English.
(d) Inspecting educational facilities.
8. What do Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz discuss during their celebration of the results of the trial?
(a) Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested's engagement.
(b) Compensation from Adela Quested.
(c) Compensation for Adela Quested.
(d) Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop's engagement.
9. When did Adela Quested first start feeling ill?
(a) On the train.
(b) At the picnic at the caves.
(c) At the tea at the college.
(d) After she was attacked.
10. What does Cyril Fielding find out from Dr. Aziz regarding Mrs. Moore?
(a) That she has died.
(b) That she has other children.
(c) That she has left India.
(d) That she is pregnant.
11. For whom does Dr. Aziz work?
(a) A Muslim businessman.
(b) A Hindu doctor.
(c) A Muslim doctor.
(d) A Hindu businessman.
12. What does Adela Quested do to the person trying to blackmail her?
(a) Pays the person.
(b) Corrects the person's mistake.
(c) Reports the person.
(d) Throws the person out.
13. What happens regarding the rumor of Adela and Fielding?
(a) It becomes more widely circulated.
(b) It stops circulating.
(c) People start talking about Nancy instead.
(d) It continues to circulate among a small group.
14. Where is Fielding being sent in Chapter 31?
15. Why is Cyril Fielding mad at Dr. Aziz when he runs into him on the walk?
(a) Dr. Aziz will not introduce him to his children.
(b) He told him who he married in letters that Dr. Aziz didn't read.
(c) Dr. Aziz has lied to him about his own wedding.
(d) He knows that Dr. Aziz is the one that hid the oars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who files for divorce?
2. To whom is the quote, "even when the lady is so much uglier than the gentleman" referring?
3. Who reminds Dr. Aziz that Adela Quested behaved decently whereas Mrs. Moore did nothing for him?
4. When Adela Quested asks Cyril Fielding what Dr. Aziz thinks of her, what does Fielding say?
5. Dr. Aziz wants the British to ___________.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)