|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the letters from that Dr. Aziz finds?
(a) Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested.
(b) Cyril Fielding and Mrs. Moore.
(c) Ronny Heaslop and Cyril Fielding.
(d) Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested.
2. Who thinks Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested are marrying?
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(b) Mr. McBryde.
(c) Mrs. Moore.
(d) Nancy Derek.
3. With what religion is Mrs. Moore affiliated?
4. To what does Mrs. Moore attribute her spiritual crisis?
(a) Her lack of English food.
(b) Her visit to India.
(c) The echo in the cave.
(d) Her immoral son.
5. What is the rumor going around Chandrapore as Mrs. Moore sails back to England?
(a) An Englishman killed his mother for trying to save an Indian's life.
(b) Mrs. Moore has died.
(c) The lieutenant governor is having an affair with Mrs. Moore.
(d) Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested are getting married.
6. Where is Fielding being sent in Chapter 31?
7. To what is Mrs. Moore looking forward?
(a) Revisiting India.
(b) Seeing her other children.
(c) Writing a letter to Dr. Aziz.
(d) Seeing her husband.
8. What does Aziz take to the guest house?
(a) Food for the party.
(b) A letter for Adela Quested.
(c) A horse for riding.
(d) A salve for Ralph's bee sting.
9. Who does Aziz find out that Cyril Fielding married when he meets up with him in Mau?
(a) Nancy Derek.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Adela Quested.
10. What happens to Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested's relationship before Adela leaves for England?
(a) They decide to postpone the wedding.
(b) They get married.
(c) Ronny breaks off the engagement.
(d) Adela breaks off the engagement.
11. Who says, "I'm afraid I have made a mistake"?
(a) Mr. McBryde.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Adela Quested.
12. What do Adela Quested and Cyril Fielding conclude might have been the reason for her thinking Dr. Aziz attacked her?
(a) She made it up.
(b) She was hallucinating.
(c) Dr. Aziz did attack her.
(d) A servant attacked her.
13. Who is the magistrate in charge at the trial?
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Mahmoud Ali.
(d) Mr. McBryde.
14. Who abandons Adela Quested after the trial?
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(b) Professor Godbole.
(c) The Anglos.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
15. What does Professor Godbole decide is his duty?
(a) To love Mrs. Moore regardless of religious affiliation.
(b) To love people only if they are Brahman.
(c) To convert Mrs. Moore to his religion.
(d) To shun those who do not believe what he believes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz change his attitude toward Ralph Moore?
2. What does Cyril Fielding send to his friends in Part 2, Chapter 32?
3. What does Cyril Fielding find out from Dr. Aziz regarding Mrs. Moore?
4. Who says "The prisoner is released without one stain on his character; the question of costs will be decided elsewhere"?
5. To whom is the quote, "even when the lady is so much uglier than the gentleman" referring?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)