|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cyril Fielding's current occupation in Chapter 32?
(a) Organizing tours of India.
(b) Cleaning houses.
(c) Teaching English.
(d) Inspecting educational facilities.
2. When Adela Quested asks Cyril Fielding what Dr. Aziz thinks of her, what does Fielding say?
(a) Dr. Aziz has forgiven her.
(b) Dr. Aziz doesn't think of her at all.
(c) Dr. Aziz thinks she is not pretty.
(d) Dr. Aziz is bitter.
3. What does Dr. Aziz's letter do at the end of the novel?
(a) Expresses his anger at the political system.
(b) Explain his current financial burdens.
(c) Allow him to express his condolences.
(d) Give thanks for his freedom.
4. Where are Aziz's children now that he has moved away from Chandrapore?
(a) With him.
(b) With their grandmother.
(c) With their cousins.
(d) With their uncle.
5. Who is having an affair?
(a) Nancy Derek and Cyril Fielding.
(b) Mrs. Moore and Mr. McBryde.
(c) Adela Quested and Cyril Fielding.
(d) Nancy Derek and Mr. McBryde.
6. Who says, "I'm afraid I have made a mistake"?
(b) Mr. McBryde.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Adela Quested.
7. Who invites Mrs. Moore to sail in her own cabin?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) The wife of the Chief Investigator.
(c) The wife of the Lieutenant Governor.
(d) Nancy Derek.
8. Who says "The prisoner is released without one stain on his character; the question of costs will be decided elsewhere"?
(a) Mr. McBryde.
(c) Mr. Turton.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
9. What do Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz discuss during their celebration of the results of the trial?
(a) Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop's engagement.
(b) Compensation from Adela Quested.
(c) Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested's engagement.
(d) Compensation for Adela Quested.
10. Who insists that violence against the British will not serve anyone's best interests?
(a) Nawab Bahadur.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Mahmoud Ali.
11. In Chapter 24, where is Adela Quested staying?
(a) With the McBrydes.
(b) With the Turtons.
(c) With Cyril Fielding.
(d) With Mrs. Moore.
12. Where does Adela Quested stay while Mrs. Moore travels back to England?
(a) At the governor's.
(b) At the college.
(c) At Mrs. Moore's.
(d) At Cyril Fielding's personal home.
13. Into whom does Dr. Aziz run on his walk?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) His wife.
14. Who is the magistrate in charge at the trial?
(a) Mahmoud Ali.
(c) Mr. McBryde.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
15. What does Dr. Aziz think will happen if Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested marry?
(a) Fielding will be poor because he will not accept Adela's family's money.
(b) Fielding will be poor because Adela has no money.
(c) Fielding will have a lot of money because he is marrying into a rich family.
(d) Fielding will enjoy the money Aziz would have had if he filed charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what friends does Cyril Fielding send mail?
2. Which of the following events happens, bringing Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz back together as friends?
3. To what does Mrs. Moore attribute her spiritual crisis?
4. Why is Cyril Fielding being sent away in Chapter 31?
5. What is the rumor going around Chandrapore as Mrs. Moore sails back to England?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)