|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up Adela immediately after the trial?
(a) Professor Godbole.
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) The Anglos.
2. Who says, "I'm afraid I have made a mistake"?
(a) Mr. McBryde.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Adela Quested.
3. How do Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested part, as she heads back to England?
(a) As sworn enemies.
(b) As friends, deciding to meet in England.
(c) Without speaking to each other.
(d) On shaky terms.
4. Where is Mau?
(a) Several hundreds miles west of Chandrapore.
(b) Inside of Chandrapore.
(c) Right outside of Chandrapore.
(d) Several hundreds miles east of Chandrapore.
5. To what friends does Cyril Fielding send mail?
(a) His Italian friends.
(b) His British friends.
(c) His female friends.
(d) His Indian friends.
6. What does the person who is trying to blackmail Adela Quested tell her?
(a) The person knows she is leaving India.
(b) The person knows she saw Cyril Fielding late at night at the school.
(c) The person knows she lied about Dr. Aziz.
(d) The person knows that Mrs. Moore is seeing Cyril Fielding.
7. What do Dr. Aziz and Ralph Moore take to Cyril Fielding on the lake?
(a) A letter.
(b) A salve.
8. With whom does Dr. Aziz go on a walk?
(a) His wife.
(b) His coworkers.
(c) His mother.
(d) His children.
9. What does Dr. Aziz think will happen if Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested marry?
(a) Fielding will be poor because he will not accept Adela's family's money.
(b) Fielding will enjoy the money Aziz would have had if he filed charges.
(c) Fielding will have a lot of money because he is marrying into a rich family.
(d) Fielding will be poor because Adela has no money.
10. What does Dr. Aziz's letter do at the end of the novel?
(a) Explain his current financial burdens.
(b) Give thanks for his freedom.
(c) Allow him to express his condolences.
(d) Expresses his anger at the political system.
11. What does Ronny Heaslop tell Hamidullah and Cyril Fielding when he visits them after Mrs. Moore has left the country?
(a) Adela Quested is engaged.
(b) Mrs. Moore is dead.
(c) Mrs. Moore is sick.
(d) Adela Quested is sick.
12. What happens regarding the rumor of Adela and Fielding?
(a) It becomes more widely circulated.
(b) People start talking about Nancy instead.
(c) It continues to circulate among a small group.
(d) It stops circulating.
13. To what does Mrs. Moore attribute her spiritual crisis?
(a) Her visit to India.
(b) The echo in the cave.
(c) Her lack of English food.
(d) Her immoral son.
14. Dr. Aziz wants the British to ___________.
(a) Send more troops.
(b) Allow Indians to have fewer government positions.
(c) Provide more direction.
(d) Leave India.
15. Where is not one of the places that Cyril Fielding travels?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adela Quested first start feeling ill?
2. Who is the magistrate in charge at the trial?
3. Who does Dr. Aziz want to ask before he apologizes to Adela Quested?
4. Who does Dr. Aziz think Cyril Fielding has married, leading him not to open letters from Fielding?
5. In Chapter 24, where is Adela Quested staying?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)