|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aziz find out that Cyril Fielding married when he meets up with him in Mau?
(a) Mrs. Moore.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) Nancy Derek.
2. To what friends does Cyril Fielding send mail?
(a) His female friends.
(b) His British friends.
(c) His Italian friends.
(d) His Indian friends.
3. How do people respond to the rumor that an Englishman killed his own mother?
(a) They have a celebration at the club.
(b) They develop a holiday in honor of her death.
(c) They develop a cult in support of the Englishman.
(d) They develop a cult in support of her.
4. Why does Dr. Aziz change his attitude toward Ralph Moore?
(a) He thinks Ralph is nicer than the rest of the family.
(b) He remembers Mrs. Moore.
(c) He is doing what he was told to do by the servants.
(d) He wants to impress Stella.
5. What is the rumor going around Chandrapore as Mrs. Moore sails back to England?
(a) Mrs. Moore has died.
(b) An Englishman killed his mother for trying to save an Indian's life.
(c) The lieutenant governor is having an affair with Mrs. Moore.
(d) Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested are getting married.
6. What does Dr. Aziz's letter do at the end of the novel?
(a) Allow him to express his condolences.
(b) Expresses his anger at the political system.
(c) Explain his current financial burdens.
(d) Give thanks for his freedom.
7. What happens to Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested's relationship before Adela leaves for England?
(a) They get married.
(b) Ronny breaks off the engagement.
(c) Adela breaks off the engagement.
(d) They decide to postpone the wedding.
8. What does the person who is trying to blackmail Adela Quested tell her?
(a) The person knows she saw Cyril Fielding late at night at the school.
(b) The person knows she is leaving India.
(c) The person knows she lied about Dr. Aziz.
(d) The person knows that Mrs. Moore is seeing Cyril Fielding.
9. Who tries to blackmail Adela Quested?
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(b) A servant.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Ronny Heaslop.
10. What does Cyril Fielding send to his friends in Part 2, Chapter 32?
(d) Business Reports.
11. Who helps Mrs. Moore on the ship?
(a) The wife of the lieutenant governor.
(b) The lieutenant governor.
(c) The wife of the chief investigator.
(d) The chief investigator.
12. Who opens the court case with "everyone knows the man's guilty"?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Mr. McBryde.
(c) Mr. Turton.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
13. Where is not one of the places that Cyril Fielding travels?
14. With whom does Dr. Aziz go on a walk?
(a) His mother.
(b) His coworkers.
(c) His children.
(d) His wife.
15. To whom is the quote, "even when the lady is so much uglier than the gentleman" referring?
(a) Nancy Derek.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Adela Quested.
(d) Mrs. McBryde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says if the British don't leave in his lifetime, they will leave in his children's?
2. Why didn't Mrs. Moore defend Adela Quested?
3. Where are Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested being sent after the trial is over and the charges have been dropped?
4. What does Adela Quested do to the person trying to blackmail her?
5. What does Dr. Aziz do regarding Adela Quested?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)