|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Adela Quested want Cyril Fielding to help her?
(a) Figuring out how to get back at Dr. Aziz.
(b) Figuring out how to rekindle her love with Ronny Heaslop.
(c) Figuring out what happened to her.
(d) Figuring out how to break off the engagment.
2. Who comes to visit and praise Cyril Fielding for his handling of the episode?
(a) The lieutenant governor.
(b) The principal.
(c) The district attorney.
(d) The chief investigator.
3. What do Adela Quested and Cyril Fielding conclude might have been the reason for her thinking Dr. Aziz attacked her?
(a) A servant attacked her.
(b) She was hallucinating.
(c) She made it up.
(d) Dr. Aziz did attack her.
4. Which of the following events happens, bringing Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz back together as friends?
(a) A shipwreck.
(b) A visit to Britian.
(c) A marriage.
(d) A funeral.
5. To what does Mrs. Moore attribute her spiritual crisis?
(a) Her immoral son.
(b) The echo in the cave.
(c) Her lack of English food.
(d) Her visit to India.
6. Who was stung by a bee?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ralph Moore.
7. What does Adela Quested do to the person trying to blackmail her?
(a) Reports the person.
(b) Throws the person out.
(c) Pays the person.
(d) Corrects the person's mistake.
8. What does Dr. Aziz's letter do at the end of the novel?
(a) Explain his current financial burdens.
(b) Expresses his anger at the political system.
(c) Allow him to express his condolences.
(d) Give thanks for his freedom.
9. What do Dr. Aziz and Ralph Moore take to Cyril Fielding on the lake?
(b) A salve.
(d) A letter.
10. With what religion is Mrs. Moore affiliated?
11. What does Aziz take to the guest house?
(a) Food for the party.
(b) A letter for Adela Quested.
(c) A salve for Ralph's bee sting.
(d) A horse for riding.
12. In Chapter 24, where is Adela Quested staying?
(a) With Mrs. Moore.
(b) With Cyril Fielding.
(c) With the Turtons.
(d) With the McBrydes.
13. Who invites Mrs. Moore to sail in her own cabin?
(a) The wife of the Chief Investigator.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) Nancy Derek.
(d) The wife of the Lieutenant Governor.
14. What happened to Mrs. Moore soon after the ship departed?
(a) She met a new friend.
(b) She became ill.
(c) She fired a servant.
(d) She became engaged.
15. Where is Mrs. Moore sailing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cyril Fielding find out from Dr. Aziz regarding Mrs. Moore?
2. What does Dr. Aziz think will happen if Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested marry?
3. Who says "The prisoner is released without one stain on his character; the question of costs will be decided elsewhere"?
4. Why is Cyril Fielding being sent away in Chapter 31?
5. What is the rumor going around Chandrapore as Mrs. Moore sails back to England?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)