|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cyril Fielding traveling?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) For business.
(c) For pleasure.
(d) To visit family.
2. To what does Mrs. Moore attribute her spiritual crisis?
(a) Her immoral son.
(b) The echo in the cave.
(c) Her visit to India.
(d) Her lack of English food.
3. Who was stung by a bee?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Ralph Moore.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
4. Who is the magistrate in charge at the trial?
(a) Mr. McBryde.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Mahmoud Ali.
5. What happens to Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested's relationship before Adela leaves for England?
(a) They decide to postpone the wedding.
(b) Ronny breaks off the engagement.
(c) They get married.
(d) Adela breaks off the engagement.
6. To whom is the quote, "even when the lady is so much uglier than the gentleman" referring?
(a) Mrs. Moore.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) Mrs. McBryde.
(d) Nancy Derek.
7. What is the theme of the religious ceremony taking place in Mau?
(a) God is merciful.
(b) God is ruthless.
(c) God is unforgiving.
(d) God is love.
8. Why is Fielding in Mau?
(a) To visit Dr. Aziz.
(b) To teach a class.
(c) To inspect the educational facilities.
(d) To relax.
9. What does Dr. Aziz do regarding Adela Quested?
(a) He writes her a letter.
(b) He does not bring charges against her.
(c) He tries to kill her.
(d) He brings charges against her.
10. When did Adela Quested first start feeling ill?
(a) On the train.
(b) At the tea at the college.
(c) At the picnic at the caves.
(d) After she was attacked.
11. What does Cyril Fielding find out from Dr. Aziz regarding Mrs. Moore?
(a) That she has died.
(b) That she has left India.
(c) That she has other children.
(d) That she is pregnant.
12. Where is Mau?
(a) Right outside of Chandrapore.
(b) Several hundreds miles east of Chandrapore.
(c) Several hundreds miles west of Chandrapore.
(d) Inside of Chandrapore.
13. How does Dr. Aziz react when Cyril Fielding tells him Mrs. Moore is dead?
(a) He screams.
(b) He celebrates.
(c) He cries.
(d) He doesn't believe him.
14. Why can't Adela Quested leave Chandrapore?
(a) She likes it too much to leave.
(b) The suit against her is unsettled.
(c) She is in love with Cyril Fielding.
(d) She needs to stay with Ronny Heaslop.
15. Why didn't Mrs. Moore defend Adela Quested?
(a) She did defend her.
(b) She thinks Dr. Aziz is a liar.
(c) She thinks Adela is a liar.
(d) She didn't want to be put in an unpleasant position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cyril Fielding send to his friends in Part 2, Chapter 32?
2. To whom does Adela Quested write a letter?
3. Which of the following characters were in the boats when they capsized?
4. What do Cyril Fielding and Dr. Aziz discuss during their celebration of the results of the trial?
5. To what is Mrs. Moore looking forward?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)