|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Inspector of Police?
(a) Nawab Bahadar.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Mr. Derek.
(d) Mr. Turton.
2. What is served on the train?
(a) Poached eggs.
3. Who is the city magistrate?
(a) Mr. McBryde.
(b) Major Callendar.
(c) Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
4. Who escorts Mrs. Moore off the train?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Mr. Turton.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Adela Quested.
5. In Chapter 21, what holiday is being celebrated in the city?
6. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
(b) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
(c) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(d) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
7. What does Dr. Aziz find and pick up that belongs to Adela Quested after leaving the caves?
(a) Field glasses.
(c) Walking Stick.
(d) A tea cup.
8. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
9. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) The Anglo Women.
(d) Ronny Heaslop.
10. How does Adela react in response to offending Aziz?
(a) She tells him that he is being too sensitive.
(b) She doesn't realize she has offended him.
(c) She apologizes immediately.
(d) She continues to ask offensive questions.
11. Who comes to visit Cyril Fielding at the school?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Professor Godbole.
12. Why does Adela Quested say she wants to drop the case?
(a) She doesn't want an Indian prosecutor.
(b) She wants to leave the country.
(c) She thinks Dr. Aziz is innocent.
(d) She doesn't want an Indian defendant.
13. What does Mr. Turton expect Cyril Fielding to do?
(a) Determine all the facts before making a decision.
(b) Fight for Dr. Aziz because he knows he is innocent.
(c) Rally for Adela Quested because of her race.
(d) Leave the country and avoid the trial.
14. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
(a) Because his home is unfit for visitors.
(b) Because Adela asks him to.
(c) Because Indians cannot have Anglo guests.
(d) Because he thinks it will be more interesting.
15. What was in Dr. Aziz's pocket when the police searched him?
(c) Field glasses.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who resigns from the club over the case?
2. Who denies Cyril Fielding a visit with Adela Quested?
3. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
4. Who is not one of the people that Cyril Fielding meets with regarding Dr. Aziz's situation?
5. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)