|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Calcutta barrister, who has a good reputation but is notoriously anti-British?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Professor Godbole.
2. What is served on the train?
(c) Poached eggs.
3. From whom is the letter that Dr. Aziz has in his possession when arrested?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) His brother living in Calcutta.
(c) His friend who owns a brothel.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
4. When does the party plan to leave to go to the caves?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) Late at night.
(c) Long before daylight.
(d) As soon as it is light out.
5. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
(a) She says that she is suprised he is married.
(b) She accuses him of flirting with her.
(c) She asks him if he has multiple wives.
(d) She tells him that his wife is ugly.
6. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
(a) Different from other British women because she listens to him.
(b) Different from other British women because she is pretty.
(c) Like other British women because she sides with Mr. Callendar.
(d) Like other British women because she talks to much.
7. Where is Adela Quested staying after the attack when she is visiting with Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde?
(a) At Nancy Derek's.
(b) At Ronny Heaslop's.
(c) At the McBrydes's.
(d) At Cyril Fielding's.
8. How does Dr. Aziz respond when Adela Quested cannot be found after he leaves the caves?
(a) He says the group is better off without her.
(b) He sends Cyril Fielding in to look for her.
(c) He yells at and strikes the servant.
(d) He blames Mrs. Moore for not keeping an eye on her.
9. What does Adela Quested do after Dr. Aziz goes into the cave?
(a) She runs down the hill to Mrs. Moore.
(b) She goes into the cave by herself.
(c) She sits outside the cave and waits for him.
(d) She starts yelling his name.
10. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
(b) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
(c) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
(d) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
11. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
(a) Is resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Is upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(c) Says he welcomes and appreciates the gesture of the British.
(d) Says he believes that the party will give him a chance to rise in power.
12. Why is Dr. Aziz arrested?
(a) Adela Quested has accused him of assaulting her in one of the caves.
(b) Mrs. Moore has accused him of stealing her field glasses.
(c) Adela Quested has accused him of stealing her field glasses.
(d) Mrs. Moore has accused him of assaulting her in one of the caves.
13. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
(a) Because he thinks it's the right thing to do.
(b) Because he needed a job.
(c) Because he wanted to experience the culture.
(d) Because he believes Indians are not qualified for the jobs.
14. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
15. Who denies Cyril Fielding a visit with Adela Quested?
(a) Major Callendar.
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Mr. McBryde.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the circular chamber, if a match is lit, it becomes apparent that the interior walls ________.
2. How does Adela Quested say she tried to stop the attack?
3. Why does Mrs. Moore come to India?
4. What does Adela Quested say started the echo?
5. Who is the city magistrate?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)