|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
(a) She thinks he is arrogant, rude, insensitive, and chauvinistic.
(b) She thinks he is uptight, shy, unsocial, and rude.
(c) She thinks he is vibrant, exciting, nice, and handsome.
(d) She thinks he is polite, encouraging, sensitive, and gentlemanly.
2. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
3. Why does Adela Quested say she wants to drop the case?
(a) She thinks Dr. Aziz is innocent.
(b) She wants to leave the country.
(c) She doesn't want an Indian defendant.
(d) She doesn't want an Indian prosecutor.
4. What does Dr. Aziz find and pick up that belongs to Adela Quested after leaving the caves?
(b) Walking Stick.
(c) Field glasses.
(d) A tea cup.
5. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
(a) Some books.
(b) A scar.
(c) A picture of his wife.
(d) His passport.
6. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
(a) Because he thinks it's the right thing to do.
(b) Because he believes Indians are not qualified for the jobs.
(c) Because he needed a job.
(d) Because he wanted to experience the culture.
7. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
(a) Dr. Aziz and his friends.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) Cyril Fielding and his friends.
(d) Mrs. Moore.
8. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
(a) Says he believes that the party will give him a chance to rise in power.
(b) Is resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(c) Is upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(d) Says he welcomes and appreciates the gesture of the British.
9. What does Dr. Aziz say when Adela Quested asks if he is married?
(a) He says he is unhappily married.
(b) He says no, his wife has passed away.
(c) He says yes and invites her to come see his wife.
(d) He says that he has not been married.
10. What does Dr. Aziz see when he first comes out of the cave?
(a) Adela Quested crying.
(b) A servant alone.
(c) Mrs. Moore and Cyril Fielding.
(d) A crowd of people he doesn't know.
11. How does Dr. Aziz respond when Adela Quested cannot be found after he leaves the caves?
(a) He blames Mrs. Moore for not keeping an eye on her.
(b) He sends Cyril Fielding in to look for her.
(c) He says the group is better off without her.
(d) He yells at and strikes the servant.
12. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
(a) She tells him that his wife is ugly.
(b) She asks him if he has multiple wives.
(c) She accuses him of flirting with her.
(d) She says that she is suprised he is married.
13. Who already has decided that Aziz is definitely guilty?
(a) Mr. Turton.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Nawab Bahadur.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
14. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To meet with Adela.
(c) To discuss Aziz's situation.
(d) To meet with Aziz.
15. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Their grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
2. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
3. What do the lawyers and Cyril Fielding decide to do regarding Aziz's case?
4. What does Adela Quested say started the echo?
5. When Dr. Aziz asks Cyril Fielding why he isn't married, what does Fielding say?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)