|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who escorts Mrs. Moore off the train?
(a) Mr. Turton.
(b) Ronny Heaslop.
(c) Adela Quested.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
2. Who comes to visit Cyril Fielding at the school?
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Professor Godbole.
3. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
(b) He is always upset at all Indians.
(c) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
(d) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
4. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
(a) A scar.
(b) His passport.
(c) Some books.
(d) A picture of his wife.
5. What is served on the train?
(c) Poached eggs.
6. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
(a) Because he wanted to experience the culture.
(b) Because he believes Indians are not qualified for the jobs.
(c) Because he needed a job.
(d) Because he thinks it's the right thing to do.
7. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
(b) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(c) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
8. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
(a) Different from other British women because she is pretty.
(b) Like other British women because she talks to much.
(c) Different from other British women because she listens to him.
(d) Like other British women because she sides with Mr. Callendar.
9. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
(a) She thinks he is polite, encouraging, sensitive, and gentlemanly.
(b) She thinks he is vibrant, exciting, nice, and handsome.
(c) She thinks he is arrogant, rude, insensitive, and chauvinistic.
(d) She thinks he is uptight, shy, unsocial, and rude.
10. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
(b) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
(c) The British live on the banks of the river.
(d) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
11. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
12. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
(a) He tells them he doesn't believe in God.
(b) He tells him that Aziz's illness is potentially fatal.
(c) He tells them about his visit to a brothel.
(d) He tells them that he is engaged.
13. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
(b) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(c) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
(d) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
14. What does Mr. Turton expect Cyril Fielding to do?
(a) Leave the country and avoid the trial.
(b) Determine all the facts before making a decision.
(c) Fight for Dr. Aziz because he knows he is innocent.
(d) Rally for Adela Quested because of her race.
15. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
(a) She asks him if he has multiple wives.
(b) She tells him that his wife is ugly.
(c) She says that she is suprised he is married.
(d) She accuses him of flirting with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leading barrister of Chandrapore with a Cambridge degree?
2. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
3. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
4. What is the weather like in India?
5. Who questions the allegations and insists on talking to Adela?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)