|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to know the facts about the case in Part 2, Chapter 17?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Adela Quested.
2. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
3. Why does Adela Quested say she wants to drop the case?
(a) She doesn't want an Indian defendant.
(b) She doesn't want an Indian prosecutor.
(c) She thinks Dr. Aziz is innocent.
(d) She wants to leave the country.
4. How does Adela Quested say she tried to stop the attack?
(a) By calling for help from the servants.
(b) By hitting Dr. Aziz with her glasses.
(c) By pushing Dr. Aziz down.
(d) She didn't try to stop it.
5. What does Dr. Aziz say when Adela Quested asks if he is married?
(a) He says he is unhappily married.
(b) He says that he has not been married.
(c) He says yes and invites her to come see his wife.
(d) He says no, his wife has passed away.
6. What is part of purdah?
(a) Muslim women do not show their faces.
(b) Indian women drink tea before worship.
(c) Christian women pray daily.
(d) Hindu women reveal their stomachs.
7. Who already has decided that Aziz is definitely guilty?
(a) Mrs. Moore.
(b) Mr. Turton.
(c) Nawab Bahadur.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
8. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
(a) Mrs. Moore.
(b) Dr. Aziz and his friends.
(c) Cyril Fielding and his friends.
(d) Adela Quested.
9. What is described in Chapter 12?
(a) Fielding's Office.
(b) The Club.
(c) Aziz's Hovel.
(d) The Marabar Caves.
10. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) The Anglo Women.
(c) Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
11. Why does Cyril Fielding want to talk to Adela Quested after Dr. Aziz's arrest?
(a) He hopes she'll recant before the report is submitted.
(b) He thinks that Dr. Aziz is guilty.
(c) He has feelings for Adela Quested.
(d) He wants to defend her honor.
12. Who shows up near the caves in a car?
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(b) Ronny Heaslop.
(c) Mrs. Moore.
(d) Nancy Derek.
13. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
(a) Uncle Vanya.
(b) Cousin Kate.
(c) Sister Act.
(d) Brother Adam.
14. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(b) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
(c) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(d) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
15. When Dr. Aziz asks Cyril Fielding why he isn't married, what does Fielding say?
(a) He is already married.
(b) The lady he liked wouldn't marry him.
(c) He doesn't believe in marriage.
(d) The right woman hasn't come along.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who misses the train on the way to the caves?
2. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
3. Who is the district superintendent of police?
4. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
5. What does Dr. Aziz find and pick up that belongs to Adela Quested after leaving the caves?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)