|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like in India?
(a) Oppressively hot.
(b) Rainy and wet.
(c) Mild and comfortable.
(d) Freezing cold.
2. How does Adela Quested say she tried to stop the attack?
(a) She didn't try to stop it.
(b) By hitting Dr. Aziz with her glasses.
(c) By pushing Dr. Aziz down.
(d) By calling for help from the servants.
3. What is part of purdah?
(a) Indian women drink tea before worship.
(b) Hindu women reveal their stomachs.
(c) Christian women pray daily.
(d) Muslim women do not show their faces.
4. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
(a) A Professor.
(b) A Lawyer.
(c) The Head of the Club.
(d) The Inspector of Police.
5. What story does Major Callendar tell about Dr. Aziz?
(a) He says that he concocted plans to get Adela alone.
(b) He says that he was not around when Adela was attacked.
(c) He says that he has been innappropriate with other women.
(d) He says that he is the exception to the Indians in Chandrapore.
6. Who questions the allegations and insists on talking to Adela?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Mr. Turton.
(c) Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Mrs. Moore.
7. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
(b) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
(c) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
(d) He is always upset at all Indians.
8. Why does Cyril Fielding want to talk to Adela Quested after Dr. Aziz's arrest?
(a) He wants to defend her honor.
(b) He thinks that Dr. Aziz is guilty.
(c) He hopes she'll recant before the report is submitted.
(d) He has feelings for Adela Quested.
9. How is Adela's situation/health as the trial approaches?
(a) She is improving.
(b) She was never ill.
(c) Her condition has remained the same.
(d) She has gotten worse.
10. Where is Adela Quested staying after the attack when she is visiting with Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde?
(a) At Nancy Derek's.
(b) At the McBrydes's.
(c) At Cyril Fielding's.
(d) At Ronny Heaslop's.
11. What does Dr. Aziz find and pick up that belongs to Adela Quested after leaving the caves?
(a) Walking Stick.
(c) A tea cup.
(d) Field glasses.
12. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
(a) They hit an animal.
(b) They hit a pothole.
(c) They run out of gas.
(d) They make it back safely.
13. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
(a) Like other British women because she sides with Mr. Callendar.
(b) Like other British women because she talks to much.
(c) Different from other British women because she is pretty.
(d) Different from other British women because she listens to him.
14. Who says he blames himself for the incident with Adela Quested?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Professor Godbole.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
15. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(b) Ronny Heaslop.
(c) The Anglo Women.
(d) Adela Quested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
2. Who escorts Mrs. Moore off the train?
3. What does Mrs. Moore hear in the cave?
4. Who misses the train on the way to the caves?
5. Who denies Cyril Fielding a visit with Adela Quested?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)