|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Aziz see when he first comes out of the cave?
(a) Mrs. Moore and Cyril Fielding.
(b) A crowd of people he doesn't know.
(c) A servant alone.
(d) Adela Quested crying.
2. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) Their grandmother.
(d) Their mother.
3. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
(b) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
(c) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
(d) He is always upset at all Indians.
4. What is served on the train?
(a) Poached eggs.
5. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
(a) They run out of gas.
(b) They make it back safely.
(c) They hit a pothole.
(d) They hit an animal.
6. What does Dr. Aziz find and pick up that belongs to Adela Quested after leaving the caves?
(a) Field glasses.
(b) Walking Stick.
(d) A tea cup.
7. What is part of purdah?
(a) Hindu women reveal their stomachs.
(b) Muslim women do not show their faces.
(c) Indian women drink tea before worship.
(d) Christian women pray daily.
8. Adela Quested is thinking of the wedding as she is climbing near the caves. What are her thoughts on the wedding?
(a) She wants to have the wedding in England.
(b) She decides she does not love Ronny Heaslop.
(c) She is excited about the approaching wedding.
(d) She thinks that the wedding is too soon.
9. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(b) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
(c) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
(d) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
10. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(b) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(c) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(d) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
11. Who is invited to the caves?
(a) Adela Quested, Ronny Heaslop, and Mrs. Moore.
(b) Professor Godbole, Adela Quested, and Mrs, Moore.
(c) Adela Quested, Mrs. Moore, and Nancy Derek.
(d) Ronny Heaslop, Professor Godbole, and Mrs. Moore.
12. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
13. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(b) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(c) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
(d) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
14. Who already has decided that Aziz is definitely guilty?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Nawab Bahadur.
(c) Mrs. Moore.
(d) Mr. Turton.
15. Who is the city magistrate?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Mr. McBryde.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Major Callendar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the lawyers and Cyril Fielding decide to do regarding Aziz's case?
2. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
3. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
4. How do the women start treating Adela Quested after she accuses Dr. Aziz of attacking her?
5. When Dr. Aziz runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque he ____.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)