|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Cyril Fielding, "you deserted me"?
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) Adela Quested.
(d) Professor Godbole.
2. Why is Dr. Aziz arrested?
(a) Adela Quested has accused him of assaulting her in one of the caves.
(b) Mrs. Moore has accused him of stealing her field glasses.
(c) Adela Quested has accused him of stealing her field glasses.
(d) Mrs. Moore has accused him of assaulting her in one of the caves.
3. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
(a) She thinks he is uptight, shy, unsocial, and rude.
(b) She thinks he is arrogant, rude, insensitive, and chauvinistic.
(c) She thinks he is polite, encouraging, sensitive, and gentlemanly.
(d) She thinks he is vibrant, exciting, nice, and handsome.
4. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
(a) He tells them about his visit to a brothel.
(b) He tells them that he is engaged.
(c) He tells them he doesn't believe in God.
(d) He tells him that Aziz's illness is potentially fatal.
5. Why does Adela Quested say she wants to drop the case?
(a) She thinks Dr. Aziz is innocent.
(b) She wants to leave the country.
(c) She doesn't want an Indian defendant.
(d) She doesn't want an Indian prosecutor.
6. When Dr. Aziz asks Cyril Fielding why he isn't married, what does Fielding say?
(a) The lady he liked wouldn't marry him.
(b) The right woman hasn't come along.
(c) He doesn't believe in marriage.
(d) He is already married.
7. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
(b) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(c) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
(d) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
8. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
(a) They hit an animal.
(b) They hit a pothole.
(c) They run out of gas.
(d) They make it back safely.
9. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
(b) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(c) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(d) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
10. How do the women start treating Adela Quested after she accuses Dr. Aziz of attacking her?
(a) They rally around her, sorry they had not been more inclusive.
(b) They try to be her friend so she won't go behind their back.
(c) They shun her, disgusted by the case.
(d) They avoid her because she is going back to England, anyway.
11. Who is the district superintendent of police?
(a) Mr. McBryde.
(b) Major Callendar.
(c) Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Mr. Turton.
12. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
13. When Dr. Aziz runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque he ____.
(a) Becomes angry because she is a woman.
(b) Warns her of snakes in the area.
(c) He offers to find her a carriage.
(d) All of these are true.
14. What does Dr. Aziz say when Adela Quested asks if he is married?
(a) He says he is unhappily married.
(b) He says that he has not been married.
(c) He says no, his wife has passed away.
(d) He says yes and invites her to come see his wife.
15. What is described in Chapter 12?
(a) The Club.
(b) The Marabar Caves.
(c) Fielding's Office.
(d) Aziz's Hovel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
2. Who questions the allegations and insists on talking to Adela?
3. What do the lawyers and Cyril Fielding decide to do regarding Aziz's case?
4. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
5. What story does Major Callendar tell about Dr. Aziz?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)