|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
(a) He tells them he doesn't believe in God.
(b) He tells them about his visit to a brothel.
(c) He tells them that he is engaged.
(d) He tells him that Aziz's illness is potentially fatal.
2. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
(a) To go riding with Adela Quested.
(b) To visit a friend.
(c) To play polo.
(d) To escape the city.
3. Who questions the allegations and insists on talking to Adela?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Mr. Turton.
(d) Ronny Heaslop.
4. What does Adela Quested say started the echo?
(a) Dr. Aziz's attack.
(b) She doesn't have any idea.
(c) Scratching her nail against the wall.
(d) The voices of the others in the cave.
5. When Dr. Aziz asks Cyril Fielding why he isn't married, what does Fielding say?
(a) He is already married.
(b) The right woman hasn't come along.
(c) The lady he liked wouldn't marry him.
(d) He doesn't believe in marriage.
6. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
7. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
(a) The Head of the Club.
(b) A Lawyer.
(c) The Inspector of Police.
(d) A Professor.
8. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
(a) Brother Adam.
(b) Uncle Vanya.
(c) Sister Act.
(d) Cousin Kate.
9. Why does Adela Quested say she wants to drop the case?
(a) She wants to leave the country.
(b) She doesn't want an Indian prosecutor.
(c) She doesn't want an Indian defendant.
(d) She thinks Dr. Aziz is innocent.
10. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Their mother.
11. What does Mrs. Moore hear in the cave?
12. What was in Dr. Aziz's pocket when the police searched him?
(a) A watch.
(b) Field glasses.
13. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
(a) To meet some friends.
(b) To conduct business.
(c) To visit a museum.
(d) To visit a brothel.
14. Who tells Cyril Fielding, "you deserted me"?
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(c) Adela Quested.
(d) Professor Godbole.
15. Who is the Inspector of Police?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Mr. Turton.
(c) Nawab Bahadar.
(d) Mr. Derek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like in India?
2. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
3. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
4. Who already has decided that Aziz is definitely guilty?
5. What is part of purdah?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)