|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Adela Quested staying after the attack when she is visiting with Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde?
(a) At Cyril Fielding's.
(b) At Ronny Heaslop's.
(c) At Nancy Derek's.
(d) At the McBrydes's.
2. What is part of purdah?
(a) Hindu women reveal their stomachs.
(b) Indian women drink tea before worship.
(c) Muslim women do not show their faces.
(d) Christian women pray daily.
3. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) The British live on the banks of the river.
(b) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
(c) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
(d) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
4. Who is the district superintendent of police?
(a) Mr. McBryde.
(b) Mr. Turton.
(c) Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Major Callendar.
5. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
(a) She asks him if he has multiple wives.
(b) She accuses him of flirting with her.
(c) She says that she is suprised he is married.
(d) She tells him that his wife is ugly.
6. Who shows up near the caves in a car?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Nancy Derek.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Mrs. Moore.
7. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
(b) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(c) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
(d) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
8. What does Mrs. Moore hear in the cave?
9. Who is the Calcutta barrister, who has a good reputation but is notoriously anti-British?
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Professor Godbole.
10. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
(a) Some books.
(b) A scar.
(c) His passport.
(d) A picture of his wife.
11. How is Adela's situation/health as the trial approaches?
(a) She was never ill.
(b) Her condition has remained the same.
(c) She is improving.
(d) She has gotten worse.
12. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
(a) Different from other British women because she is pretty.
(b) Like other British women because she sides with Mr. Callendar.
(c) Different from other British women because she listens to him.
(d) Like other British women because she talks to much.
13. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To meet with Adela.
(c) To discuss Aziz's situation.
(d) To meet with Aziz.
14. What does Dr. Aziz find and pick up that belongs to Adela Quested after leaving the caves?
(a) A tea cup.
(b) Field glasses.
(c) Walking Stick.
15. How does Adela react in response to offending Aziz?
(a) She doesn't realize she has offended him.
(b) She apologizes immediately.
(c) She continues to ask offensive questions.
(d) She tells him that he is being too sensitive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
2. Who already has decided that Aziz is definitely guilty?
3. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
4. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
5. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)