|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Aziz arrested?
(a) Adela Quested has accused him of stealing her field glasses.
(b) Mrs. Moore has accused him of stealing her field glasses.
(c) Mrs. Moore has accused him of assaulting her in one of the caves.
(d) Adela Quested has accused him of assaulting her in one of the caves.
2. What story does Major Callendar tell about Dr. Aziz?
(a) He says that he concocted plans to get Adela alone.
(b) He says that he is the exception to the Indians in Chandrapore.
(c) He says that he has been innappropriate with other women.
(d) He says that he was not around when Adela was attacked.
3. Who is not one of the people that Cyril Fielding meets with regarding Dr. Aziz's situation?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Mahmoud Ali.
(d) Nawab Bahadur.
4. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
(b) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
(c) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
(d) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
5. Who says, "I believe Dr. Aziz to be innocent"?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) Ronny Heaslop
(c) Professor Godbole.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
6. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To discuss Aziz's situation.
(c) To meet with Adela.
(d) To meet with Aziz.
7. Who already has decided that Aziz is definitely guilty?
(a) Mr. Turton.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Nawab Bahadur.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
8. In Chapter 21, what holiday is being celebrated in the city?
9. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
(a) Like other British women because she talks to much.
(b) Like other British women because she sides with Mr. Callendar.
(c) Different from other British women because she is pretty.
(d) Different from other British women because she listens to him.
10. What does Dr. Aziz do in response to being offended by Adela Quested outside the caves?
(a) He yells at Adela.
(b) He tells everything that it is time to leave.
(c) He lets go of Adela's hand and goes into the cave alone.
(d) He confronts her and tells her why he is offended.
11. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
12. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
(a) The Inspector of Police.
(b) The Head of the Club.
(c) A Lawyer.
(d) A Professor.
13. What does Adela Quested say started the echo?
(a) The voices of the others in the cave.
(b) Dr. Aziz's attack.
(c) Scratching her nail against the wall.
(d) She doesn't have any idea.
14. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
(a) They run out of gas.
(b) They make it back safely.
(c) They hit a pothole.
(d) They hit an animal.
15. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is invited to the caves?
2. How does Adela Quested say she tried to stop the attack?
3. What does Dr. Aziz see when he first comes out of the cave?
4. What is served on the train?
5. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)