|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
2. Why does Cyril Fielding want to talk to Adela Quested after Dr. Aziz's arrest?
(a) He wants to defend her honor.
(b) He thinks that Dr. Aziz is guilty.
(c) He hopes she'll recant before the report is submitted.
(d) He has feelings for Adela Quested.
3. With what are Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde helping Adela Quested?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) Consoling her.
(c) Picking cactus spines out of her.
(d) Preparing her case.
4. Who says, "I travel light"?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Adela Quested.
5. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
(a) They run out of gas.
(b) They make it back safely.
(c) They hit an animal.
(d) They hit a pothole.
6. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
7. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
(b) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
(c) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
(d) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
8. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
9. What does Mr. Turton expect Cyril Fielding to do?
(a) Determine all the facts before making a decision.
(b) Fight for Dr. Aziz because he knows he is innocent.
(c) Rally for Adela Quested because of her race.
(d) Leave the country and avoid the trial.
10. What story does Major Callendar tell about Dr. Aziz?
(a) He says that he concocted plans to get Adela alone.
(b) He says that he is the exception to the Indians in Chandrapore.
(c) He says that he was not around when Adela was attacked.
(d) He says that he has been innappropriate with other women.
11. What does Cyril Fielding think of Adela Quested's accusations?
(a) He thinks that they are not malicious and she is just mistaken.
(b) He thinks she is a liar.
(c) He thinks they are true.
(d) He thinks she is purposely trying to bring down Aziz.
12. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
(a) He tells them he doesn't believe in God.
(b) He tells him that Aziz's illness is potentially fatal.
(c) He tells them that he is engaged.
(d) He tells them about his visit to a brothel.
13. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
14. How does Adela Quested say she tried to stop the attack?
(a) By pushing Dr. Aziz down.
(b) By hitting Dr. Aziz with her glasses.
(c) She didn't try to stop it.
(d) By calling for help from the servants.
15. Who says he blames himself for the incident with Adela Quested?
(a) Mrs. Moore.
(b) Ronny Heaslop.
(c) Professor Godbole.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leading barrister of Chandrapore with a Cambridge degree?
2. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
3. What best characterizes the celebration of the holiday occurring at the same time that Fielding travels into the city?
4. Why is Dr. Aziz arrested?
5. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)