|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
2. Who is invited to the caves?
(a) Professor Godbole, Adela Quested, and Mrs, Moore.
(b) Ronny Heaslop, Professor Godbole, and Mrs. Moore.
(c) Adela Quested, Ronny Heaslop, and Mrs. Moore.
(d) Adela Quested, Mrs. Moore, and Nancy Derek.
3. How does Adela react in response to offending Aziz?
(a) She tells him that he is being too sensitive.
(b) She apologizes immediately.
(c) She continues to ask offensive questions.
(d) She doesn't realize she has offended him.
4. What is the weather like in India?
(a) Oppressively hot.
(b) Freezing cold.
(c) Rainy and wet.
(d) Mild and comfortable.
5. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) The Anglo Women.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ronny Heaslop.
6. What best characterizes the celebration of the holiday occurring at the same time that Fielding travels into the city?
(b) A Parade.
7. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
(b) He is always upset at all Indians.
(c) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
(d) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
8. Who questions the allegations and insists on talking to Adela?
(a) Mr. Turton.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Ronny Heaslop.
9. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
(a) Because he thinks it's the right thing to do.
(b) Because he wanted to experience the culture.
(c) Because he believes Indians are not qualified for the jobs.
(d) Because he needed a job.
10. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
11. In Chapter 21, what holiday is being celebrated in the city?
12. When does the party plan to leave to go to the caves?
(a) As soon as it is light out.
(b) Long before daylight.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) Late at night.
13. How does Dr. Aziz respond when Adela Quested cannot be found after he leaves the caves?
(a) He yells at and strikes the servant.
(b) He blames Mrs. Moore for not keeping an eye on her.
(c) He says the group is better off without her.
(d) He sends Cyril Fielding in to look for her.
14. Who is not one of the people that Cyril Fielding meets with regarding Dr. Aziz's situation?
(a) Mahmoud Ali.
(b) Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Nawab Bahadur.
15. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
(a) He is proud of the tea that is served in India and wants them to experience it.
(b) He is ashamed and angry that the Indians have been invited to the Bridge party and have been treated so badly.
(c) He wants to get to know the women better in the absence of Indians.
(d) He prefers intimate events and is overwhelmed by the Bridge party.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
2. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
3. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
4. Who wants to know the facts about the case in Part 2, Chapter 17?
5. Who tells Cyril Fielding, "you deserted me"?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)