|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adela Quested say she tried to stop the attack?
(a) By hitting Dr. Aziz with her glasses.
(b) By calling for help from the servants.
(c) She didn't try to stop it.
(d) By pushing Dr. Aziz down.
2. With what are Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde helping Adela Quested?
(a) Preparing her case.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Picking cactus spines out of her.
(d) Consoling her.
3. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
(a) He cannot find a tonga to drive him.
(b) He gets a flat tire on his bike.
(c) He runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque.
(d) He is caught up in conversation with Hamidullah.
4. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) The Anglo Women.
(d) Adela Quested.
5. From whom is the letter that Dr. Aziz has in his possession when arrested?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) His friend who owns a brothel.
(d) His brother living in Calcutta.
6. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
(a) To meet with Adela.
(b) To go to work.
(c) To meet with Aziz.
(d) To discuss Aziz's situation.
7. Who is not one of the people that Cyril Fielding meets with regarding Dr. Aziz's situation?
(a) Nawab Bahadur.
(b) Mahmoud Ali.
(c) Ronny Heaslop.
8. How is Adela's situation/health as the trial approaches?
(a) She has gotten worse.
(b) Her condition has remained the same.
(c) She was never ill.
(d) She is improving.
9. What does Cyril Fielding think of Adela Quested's accusations?
(a) He thinks they are true.
(b) He thinks she is purposely trying to bring down Aziz.
(c) He thinks that they are not malicious and she is just mistaken.
(d) He thinks she is a liar.
10. Who resigns from the club over the case?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Professor Godbole.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
11. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(c) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(d) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
12. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
(b) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
(c) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
(d) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
13. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
(a) She thinks he is polite, encouraging, sensitive, and gentlemanly.
(b) She thinks he is uptight, shy, unsocial, and rude.
(c) She thinks he is vibrant, exciting, nice, and handsome.
(d) She thinks he is arrogant, rude, insensitive, and chauvinistic.
14. What best characterizes the celebration of the holiday occurring at the same time that Fielding travels into the city?
(d) A Parade.
15. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
(a) She says that she is suprised he is married.
(b) She accuses him of flirting with her.
(c) She tells him that his wife is ugly.
(d) She asks him if he has multiple wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
2. Who is the Inspector of Police?
3. When does the party plan to leave to go to the caves?
4. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
5. Who is the Calcutta barrister, who has a good reputation but is notoriously anti-British?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)