|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Aziz runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque he ____.
(a) Warns her of snakes in the area.
(b) All of these are true.
(c) He offers to find her a carriage.
(d) Becomes angry because she is a woman.
2. How do people react to Cyril Fielding asking about Adela Quested's health?
(a) They are relieved.
(b) They are glad.
(c) They are furious.
(d) They are annoyed.
3. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) The Anglo Women.
(d) Adela Quested.
4. What is described in Chapter 12?
(a) Aziz's Hovel.
(b) The Club.
(c) Fielding's Office.
(d) The Marabar Caves.
5. With what are Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde helping Adela Quested?
(a) Preparing her case.
(b) Picking cactus spines out of her.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Consoling her.
6. Who comes to visit Cyril Fielding at the school?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Professor Godbole.
7. Why is Dr. Aziz arrested?
(a) Mrs. Moore has accused him of stealing her field glasses.
(b) Mrs. Moore has accused him of assaulting her in one of the caves.
(c) Adela Quested has accused him of stealing her field glasses.
(d) Adela Quested has accused him of assaulting her in one of the caves.
8. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
9. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
(a) She says that she is suprised he is married.
(b) She tells him that his wife is ugly.
(c) She accuses him of flirting with her.
(d) She asks him if he has multiple wives.
10. What does Adela Quested do after Dr. Aziz goes into the cave?
(a) She starts yelling his name.
(b) She goes into the cave by herself.
(c) She runs down the hill to Mrs. Moore.
(d) She sits outside the cave and waits for him.
11. Who is the Calcutta barrister, who has a good reputation but is notoriously anti-British?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Professor Godbole.
12. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
13. What best characterizes the celebration of the holiday occurring at the same time that Fielding travels into the city?
(d) A Parade.
14. Who is the city magistrate?
(a) Mr. McBryde.
(b) Ronny Heaslop.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Major Callendar.
15. Why does Mrs. Moore come to India?
(a) She comes to visit her son.
(b) She comes on official business as a liason to the Indians.
(c) She comes as a tourist to see what British India looks like.
(d) She comes to visit her sister, who has married an Indian man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
2. Why does Adela Quested say she wants to drop the case?
3. Who resigns from the club over the case?
4. What does Dr. Aziz say when Adela Quested asks if he is married?
5. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)