|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
(a) A Professor.
(b) The Inspector of Police.
(c) The Head of the Club.
(d) A Lawyer.
2. What best characterizes the celebration of the holiday occurring at the same time that Fielding travels into the city?
(a) A Parade.
3. Who questions the allegations and insists on talking to Adela?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Ronny Heaslop.
(c) Mrs. Moore.
(d) Mr. Turton.
4. Who is the city magistrate?
(a) Major Callendar.
(b) Mr. McBryde.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) Ronny Heaslop.
5. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
(a) He cannot find a tonga to drive him.
(b) He is caught up in conversation with Hamidullah.
(c) He gets a flat tire on his bike.
(d) He runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque.
6. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
(a) To go riding with Adela Quested.
(b) To escape the city.
(c) To play polo.
(d) To visit a friend.
7. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(c) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(d) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
8. How does Adela react in response to offending Aziz?
(a) She tells him that he is being too sensitive.
(b) She apologizes immediately.
(c) She doesn't realize she has offended him.
(d) She continues to ask offensive questions.
9. Who denies Cyril Fielding a visit with Adela Quested?
(a) Mr. McBryde.
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Major Callendar.
10. Adela Quested is thinking of the wedding as she is climbing near the caves. What are her thoughts on the wedding?
(a) She thinks that the wedding is too soon.
(b) She is excited about the approaching wedding.
(c) She wants to have the wedding in England.
(d) She decides she does not love Ronny Heaslop.
11. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He is always upset at all Indians.
(b) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
(c) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
(d) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
12. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
(a) He is ashamed and angry that the Indians have been invited to the Bridge party and have been treated so badly.
(b) He is proud of the tea that is served in India and wants them to experience it.
(c) He wants to get to know the women better in the absence of Indians.
(d) He prefers intimate events and is overwhelmed by the Bridge party.
13. When Dr. Aziz runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque he ____.
(a) Becomes angry because she is a woman.
(b) Warns her of snakes in the area.
(c) He offers to find her a carriage.
(d) All of these are true.
14. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
15. Who is the leading barrister of Chandrapore with a Cambridge degree?
(a) Professor Godbole.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moore hear in the cave?
2. Who says, "I shall attend your marriage, but not your trial. Then I shall go to England."
3. What was in Dr. Aziz's pocket when the police searched him?
4. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
5. Who already has decided that Aziz is definitely guilty?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)