Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of the novel.
2. Who are Aziz's friends, and how can they be described?
3. Why is the bridge party organized?
4. Describe the difference in Nawab Bahadur and Mahmoud Ali's response to the bridge party invitation.
5. What does Mrs. Moore notice regarding Ronny Heaslop's response to Cousin Kate?
6. Why is Major Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz?
7. What are Cyril Fielding's opinions of the English occupation?
8. How likely is it that Adela Quested will listen to Ronny Heaslop's demands that she not see Indians?
9. Describe Cyril Fielding's thoughts on atheism.
10. What role does the climate play within the novel?
11. Why is it significant that Dr. Aziz shows Cyril Fielding a picture of his wife?
12. Describe the Marabar Caves.
13. How do the plans to go to the cave get rekindled?
14. What does Mrs. Moore think of the caves?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)