Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part 1: Chapter 1 | Part 1: Chapter 2
1. Describe the setting of the novel.
2. Who are Aziz's friends, and how can they be described?
Short Essay Question - Part 1: Chapter 3 | Part 1: Chapter 4
3. Why is the bridge party organized?
4. Describe the difference in Nawab Bahadur and Mahmoud Ali's response to the bridge party invitation.
Short Essay Question - Part 1: Chapter 5 | Part 1: Chapter 6
5. What does Mrs. Moore notice regarding Ronny Heaslop's response to Cousin Kate?
This section contains 901 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)