|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adela Quested is thinking of the wedding as she is climbing near the caves. What are her thoughts on the wedding?
(a) She decides she does not love Ronny Heaslop.
(b) She thinks that the wedding is too soon.
(c) She wants to have the wedding in England.
(d) She is excited about the approaching wedding.
2. What is part of purdah?
(a) Hindu women reveal their stomachs.
(b) Christian women pray daily.
(c) Muslim women do not show their faces.
(d) Indian women drink tea before worship.
3. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
(a) Because he believes Indians are not qualified for the jobs.
(b) Because he needed a job.
(c) Because he thinks it's the right thing to do.
(d) Because he wanted to experience the culture.
4. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
(a) She thinks he is polite, encouraging, sensitive, and gentlemanly.
(b) She thinks he is uptight, shy, unsocial, and rude.
(c) She thinks he is vibrant, exciting, nice, and handsome.
(d) She thinks he is arrogant, rude, insensitive, and chauvinistic.
5. In Chapter 21, what holiday is being celebrated in the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Adela Quested write a letter?
2. What best characterizes the celebration of the holiday occurring at the same time that Fielding travels into the city?
3. What do Adela Quested and Cyril Fielding conclude might have been the reason for her thinking Dr. Aziz attacked her?
4. Who says "The prisoner is released without one stain on his character; the question of costs will be decided elsewhere"?
5. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)