|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
(a) Says he welcomes and appreciates the gesture of the British.
(b) Is resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(c) Says he believes that the party will give him a chance to rise in power.
(d) Is upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
2. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
(a) He prefers intimate events and is overwhelmed by the Bridge party.
(b) He wants to get to know the women better in the absence of Indians.
(c) He is ashamed and angry that the Indians have been invited to the Bridge party and have been treated so badly.
(d) He is proud of the tea that is served in India and wants them to experience it.
3. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
(a) To meet with Adela.
(b) To discuss Aziz's situation.
(c) To go to work.
(d) To meet with Aziz.
4. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(b) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(c) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(d) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
5. Where does Chapter 27 take place?
(a) On the roof of Mr. Zulfiqar's mansion.
(b) In Dr. Aziz's small hovel.
(c) At the club.
(d) In Cyril Fielding's apartment at the college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Adela Quested staying after the attack when she is visiting with Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde?
2. From whom is the letter that Dr. Aziz has in his possession when arrested?
3. What does Mrs. Moore hear in the cave?
4. To whom is the quote, "even when the lady is so much uglier than the gentleman" referring?
5. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)