|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
(a) Their grandmother.
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their aunt.
2. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
(b) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(c) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
(d) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
3. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(b) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(c) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(d) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
4. Who questions the allegations and insists on talking to Adela?
(a) Mrs. Moore.
(b) Mr. Turton.
(c) Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
5. What is part of purdah?
(a) Indian women drink tea before worship.
(b) Hindu women reveal their stomachs.
(c) Muslim women do not show their faces.
(d) Christian women pray daily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in Chapter 12?
2. Who shows up near the caves in a car?
3. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
4. Who already has decided that Aziz is definitely guilty?
5. Adela Quested is thinking of the wedding as she is climbing near the caves. What are her thoughts on the wedding?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)