|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is the letter that Dr. Aziz has in his possession when arrested?
(a) His friend who owns a brothel.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) Cyril Fielding.
(d) His brother living in Calcutta.
2. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
(a) He wants to get to know the women better in the absence of Indians.
(b) He is proud of the tea that is served in India and wants them to experience it.
(c) He prefers intimate events and is overwhelmed by the Bridge party.
(d) He is ashamed and angry that the Indians have been invited to the Bridge party and have been treated so badly.
3. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
(a) Is resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Says he believes that the party will give him a chance to rise in power.
(c) Says he welcomes and appreciates the gesture of the British.
(d) Is upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
4. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
(b) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
(c) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(d) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
5. What was in Dr. Aziz's pocket when the police searched him?
(a) A watch.
(b) Field glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up near the caves in a car?
2. Who resigns from the club over the case?
3. What does Dr. Aziz do in response to being offended by Adela Quested outside the caves?
4. Who is the Inspector of Police?
5. Who is the leading barrister of Chandrapore with a Cambridge degree?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)