|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
(a) Says he welcomes and appreciates the gesture of the British.
(b) Says he believes that the party will give him a chance to rise in power.
(c) Is upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(d) Is resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
2. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(b) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(c) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(d) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
3. Who denies Cyril Fielding a visit with Adela Quested?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Mr. McBryde.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Major Callendar.
4. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
5. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
(a) He wants to get to know the women better in the absence of Indians.
(b) He is ashamed and angry that the Indians have been invited to the Bridge party and have been treated so badly.
(c) He prefers intimate events and is overwhelmed by the Bridge party.
(d) He is proud of the tea that is served in India and wants them to experience it.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom is the letter that Dr. Aziz has in his possession when arrested?
2. Who wants to know the facts about the case in Part 2, Chapter 17?
3. Who says, "I travel light"?
4. Who already has decided that Aziz is definitely guilty?
5. Who questions the allegations and insists on talking to Adela?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)