|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
(b) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
(c) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
(d) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
2. After Ronny Heaslop and Mrs. Moore talk about Dr. Aziz, ____.
(a) Ronny Heaslop decides to warn Adela Questad of the dangers in the mosque.
(b) Mrs. Moore is upset that Dr. Aziz has been misunderstood.
(c) Ronny Heaslop tells Mrs. Moore to invite Dr. Aziz to the Bridge Party.
(d) Mrs. Moore immediately tells Adela Questad of their conversation.
3. What is part of purdah?
(a) Indian women drink tea before worship.
(b) Christian women pray daily.
(c) Muslim women do not show their faces.
(d) Hindu women reveal their stomachs.
4. From whom is the letter that Dr. Aziz has in his possession when arrested?
(a) His friend who owns a brothel.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) His brother living in Calcutta.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
5. Why does Mrs. Moore come to India?
(a) She comes to visit her sister, who has married an Indian man.
(b) She comes to visit her son.
(c) She comes on official business as a liason to the Indians.
(d) She comes as a tourist to see what British India looks like.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
2. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
3. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
4. How does Adela react in response to offending Aziz?
5. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)