|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Turton expect Cyril Fielding to do?
(a) Rally for Adela Quested because of her race.
(b) Determine all the facts before making a decision.
(c) Fight for Dr. Aziz because he knows he is innocent.
(d) Leave the country and avoid the trial.
2. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) The Anglo Women.
(c) Ronny Heaslop.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
3. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
(b) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
(c) The British live on the banks of the river.
(d) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
4. Who is the Inspector of Police?
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Mr. Turton.
(c) Nawab Bahadar.
(d) Mr. Derek.
5. Who is the district superintendent of police?
(a) Mr. Turton.
(b) Mr. McBryde.
(c) Major Callendar.
(d) Ronny Heaslop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
2. Who denies Cyril Fielding a visit with Adela Quested?
3. What is part of purdah?
4. How does Adela Quested offend Dr. Aziz before they enter the caves?
5. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)