|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
(b) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
(c) The British live on the banks of the river.
(d) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
2. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
(a) Their grandmother.
(b) Dr. Aziz.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their mother.
3. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
(a) To visit a friend.
(b) To go riding with Adela Quested.
(c) To escape the city.
(d) To play polo.
4. Why does Cyril Fielding want to talk to Adela Quested after Dr. Aziz's arrest?
(a) He has feelings for Adela Quested.
(b) He hopes she'll recant before the report is submitted.
(c) He thinks that Dr. Aziz is guilty.
(d) He wants to defend her honor.
5. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
(a) They run out of gas.
(b) They hit a pothole.
(c) They make it back safely.
(d) They hit an animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moore hear in the cave?
2. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
3. Who shows up near the caves in a car?
4. In the circular chamber, if a match is lit, it becomes apparent that the interior walls ________.
5. Who misses the train on the way to the caves?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)