|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
(a) Because he thinks it's the right thing to do.
(b) Because he wanted to experience the culture.
(c) Because he believes Indians are not qualified for the jobs.
(d) Because he needed a job.
2. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
(a) She thinks he is arrogant, rude, insensitive, and chauvinistic.
(b) She thinks he is polite, encouraging, sensitive, and gentlemanly.
(c) She thinks he is uptight, shy, unsocial, and rude.
(d) She thinks he is vibrant, exciting, nice, and handsome.
3. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
(a) He cannot find a tonga to drive him.
(b) He gets a flat tire on his bike.
(c) He is caught up in conversation with Hamidullah.
(d) He runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque.
4. When does the party plan to leave to go to the caves?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) Long before daylight.
(c) Late at night.
(d) As soon as it is light out.
5. Why does Cyril Fielding want to talk to Adela Quested after Dr. Aziz's arrest?
(a) He has feelings for Adela Quested.
(b) He thinks that Dr. Aziz is guilty.
(c) He wants to defend her honor.
(d) He hopes she'll recant before the report is submitted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I travel light"?
2. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
3. Who escorts Mrs. Moore off the train?
4. What is part of purdah?
5. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)