|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 | Part 2: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Aziz asks Cyril Fielding why he isn't married, what does Fielding say?
(a) The lady he liked wouldn't marry him.
(b) He is already married.
(c) The right woman hasn't come along.
(d) He doesn't believe in marriage.
2. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
(a) Some books.
(b) His passport.
(c) A scar.
(d) A picture of his wife.
3. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) The British live on the banks of the river.
(b) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
(c) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
(d) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
4. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
(a) Is resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Says he believes that the party will give him a chance to rise in power.
(c) Says he welcomes and appreciates the gesture of the British.
(d) Is upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
5. What is the weather like in India?
(a) Mild and comfortable.
(b) Freezing cold.
(c) Rainy and wet.
(d) Oppressively hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
2. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
3. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
4. What is part of purdah?
5. When Dr. Aziz runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque he ____.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)