|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 | Part 2: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like in India?
(a) Oppressively hot.
(b) Freezing cold.
(c) Rainy and wet.
(d) Mild and comfortable.
2. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
(a) He is caught up in conversation with Hamidullah.
(b) He cannot find a tonga to drive him.
(c) He runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque.
(d) He gets a flat tire on his bike.
3. When does the party plan to leave to go to the caves?
(a) As soon as it is light out.
(b) Late at night.
(c) Long before daylight.
(d) In the afternoon.
4. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) The British live on the banks of the river.
(b) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
(c) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
(d) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
5. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is served on the train?
2. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
3. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
4. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
5. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)