|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 | Part 2: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
(b) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(c) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
2. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(c) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(d) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
3. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(b) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
(c) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
(d) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
4. Who is invited to the caves?
(a) Adela Quested, Mrs. Moore, and Nancy Derek.
(b) Adela Quested, Ronny Heaslop, and Mrs. Moore.
(c) Ronny Heaslop, Professor Godbole, and Mrs. Moore.
(d) Professor Godbole, Adela Quested, and Mrs, Moore.
5. In the circular chamber, if a match is lit, it becomes apparent that the interior walls ________.
(a) Are jagged.
(b) Are covered with water.
(c) Are a polished mirror.
(d) Are dusty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
2. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
3. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
4. When Dr. Aziz asks Cyril Fielding why he isn't married, what does Fielding say?
5. Who says, "I travel light"?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)