|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 | Part 2: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
(b) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(c) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(d) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
2. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
(b) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
(c) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
(d) He is always upset at all Indians.
3. When Dr. Aziz runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque he ____.
(a) Becomes angry because she is a woman.
(b) All of these are true.
(c) Warns her of snakes in the area.
(d) He offers to find her a carriage.
4. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
(b) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
(c) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
(d) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
5. Who misses the train on the way to the caves?
(a) Ronny Heaslop and ProfessorGodbole.
(b) Cyril Fielding and Adela Quested.
(c) Cyril Fielding and Professor Godbole.
(d) Professor Godbole and Adela Quested.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
2. What is part of purdah?
3. What is served on the train?
4. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
5. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)