|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 | Part 2: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
(a) Says he welcomes and appreciates the gesture of the British.
(b) Says he believes that the party will give him a chance to rise in power.
(c) Is upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(d) Is resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
2. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
3. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
(a) He tells him that Aziz's illness is potentially fatal.
(b) He tells them about his visit to a brothel.
(c) He tells them that he is engaged.
(d) He tells them he doesn't believe in God.
4. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
(a) He wants to get to know the women better in the absence of Indians.
(b) He prefers intimate events and is overwhelmed by the Bridge party.
(c) He is proud of the tea that is served in India and wants them to experience it.
(d) He is ashamed and angry that the Indians have been invited to the Bridge party and have been treated so badly.
5. In the circular chamber, if a match is lit, it becomes apparent that the interior walls ________.
(a) Are covered with water.
(b) Are jagged.
(c) Are a polished mirror.
(d) Are dusty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
2. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
3. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
4. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
5. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)