|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 | Part 2: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(b) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(c) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(d) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
2. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
(a) Cyril Fielding and his friends.
(b) Dr. Aziz and his friends.
(c) Adela Quested.
(d) Mrs. Moore.
3. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
(a) Uncle Vanya.
(b) Sister Act.
(c) Brother Adam.
(d) Cousin Kate.
4. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
5. In the circular chamber, if a match is lit, it becomes apparent that the interior walls ________.
(a) Are covered with water.
(b) Are jagged.
(c) Are dusty.
(d) Are a polished mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I travel light"?
2. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
3. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
4. What is served on the train?
5. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)