|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 | Part 2: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
(b) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
(c) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
(d) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
2. What is served on the train?
(c) Poached eggs.
3. What is part of purdah?
(a) Hindu women reveal their stomachs.
(b) Indian women drink tea before worship.
(c) Christian women pray daily.
(d) Muslim women do not show their faces.
4. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) The Anglo Women.
(d) Ronny Heaslop.
5. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
(b) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
(c) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is invited to the caves?
2. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
3. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
4. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
5. When Dr. Aziz asks Cyril Fielding why he isn't married, what does Fielding say?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)