|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 | Part 2: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I travel light"?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) Ronny Heaslop.
(c) Dr. Aziz.
(d) Cyril Fielding.
2. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
(a) She thinks he is polite, encouraging, sensitive, and gentlemanly.
(b) She thinks he is vibrant, exciting, nice, and handsome.
(c) She thinks he is arrogant, rude, insensitive, and chauvinistic.
(d) She thinks he is uptight, shy, unsocial, and rude.
3. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(b) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(c) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(d) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
4. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their grandmother.
5. After Ronny Heaslop and Mrs. Moore talk about Dr. Aziz, ____.
(a) Mrs. Moore is upset that Dr. Aziz has been misunderstood.
(b) Ronny Heaslop decides to warn Adela Questad of the dangers in the mosque.
(c) Mrs. Moore immediately tells Adela Questad of their conversation.
(d) Ronny Heaslop tells Mrs. Moore to invite Dr. Aziz to the Bridge Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
2. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
3. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
4. What is described in Chapter 12?
5. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)