|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 | Part 2: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
(a) She thinks he is arrogant, rude, insensitive, and chauvinistic.
(b) She thinks he is polite, encouraging, sensitive, and gentlemanly.
(c) She thinks he is vibrant, exciting, nice, and handsome.
(d) She thinks he is uptight, shy, unsocial, and rude.
2. In the circular chamber, if a match is lit, it becomes apparent that the interior walls ________.
(a) Are jagged.
(b) Are covered with water.
(c) Are dusty.
(d) Are a polished mirror.
3. What is described in Chapter 12?
(a) Aziz's Hovel.
(b) Fielding's Office.
(c) The Marabar Caves.
(d) The Club.
4. What is part of purdah?
(a) Muslim women do not show their faces.
(b) Indian women drink tea before worship.
(c) Christian women pray daily.
(d) Hindu women reveal their stomachs.
5. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
(a) He wants to get to know the women better in the absence of Indians.
(b) He is proud of the tea that is served in India and wants them to experience it.
(c) He prefers intimate events and is overwhelmed by the Bridge party.
(d) He is ashamed and angry that the Indians have been invited to the Bridge party and have been treated so badly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
2. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
3. What is served on the train?
4. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
5. After Ronny Heaslop and Mrs. Moore talk about Dr. Aziz, ____.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)