|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 | Part 2: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
(a) Because he thinks it's the right thing to do.
(b) Because he believes Indians are not qualified for the jobs.
(c) Because he needed a job.
(d) Because he wanted to experience the culture.
2. In the circular chamber, if a match is lit, it becomes apparent that the interior walls ________.
(a) Are covered with water.
(b) Are jagged.
(c) Are dusty.
(d) Are a polished mirror.
3. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
(a) Cyril Fielding and his friends.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Adela Quested.
(d) Dr. Aziz and his friends.
4. What is part of purdah?
(a) Christian women pray daily.
(b) Indian women drink tea before worship.
(c) Muslim women do not show their faces.
(d) Hindu women reveal their stomachs.
5. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
(a) To conduct business.
(b) To visit a brothel.
(c) To visit a museum.
(d) To meet some friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is invited to the caves?
2. Who says, "I travel light"?
3. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
4. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
5. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)