|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 | Part 2: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Aziz asks Cyril Fielding why he isn't married, what does Fielding say?
(a) The right woman hasn't come along.
(b) He doesn't believe in marriage.
(c) He is already married.
(d) The lady he liked wouldn't marry him.
2. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(b) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
(c) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
(d) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
3. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
(a) They make it back safely.
(b) They run out of gas.
(c) They hit a pothole.
(d) They hit an animal.
4. Who says, "nothing embraces the whole of India, nothing, nothing, and that was Akbar's mistake."
(a) Mrs. Moore.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Professor Godbole.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
5. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
(a) To visit a museum.
(b) To conduct business.
(c) To meet some friends.
(d) To visit a brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
2. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
3. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
4. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
5. What is part of purdah?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)