|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 13 | Part 2: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Aziz runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque he ____.
(a) Warns her of snakes in the area.
(b) He offers to find her a carriage.
(c) All of these are true.
(d) Becomes angry because she is a woman.
2. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He is always upset at all Indians.
(b) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
(c) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
(d) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
3. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
(a) Because he wanted to experience the culture.
(b) Because he needed a job.
(c) Because he believes Indians are not qualified for the jobs.
(d) Because he thinks it's the right thing to do.
4. Why does Mrs. Moore come to India?
(a) She comes on official business as a liason to the Indians.
(b) She comes to visit her son.
(c) She comes as a tourist to see what British India looks like.
(d) She comes to visit her sister, who has married an Indian man.
5. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) Cyril Fielding and his friends.
(c) Dr. Aziz and his friends.
(d) Mrs. Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
2. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
3. What controversial object does Dr. Aziz show Cyril Fielding when Fielding visits him at his hovel?
4. When does the party plan to leave to go to the caves?
5. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)