|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
(b) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
(c) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
(d) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
2. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
(a) Because he thinks it will be more interesting.
(b) Because his home is unfit for visitors.
(c) Because Indians cannot have Anglo guests.
(d) Because Adela asks him to.
3. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
(b) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
(c) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(d) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
4. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(b) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(c) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
(d) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
5. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Moore come to India?
2. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
3. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
4. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
5. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)