|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
(b) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
(c) He is always upset at all Indians.
(d) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
2. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
(a) Dr. Aziz and his friends.
(b) Cyril Fielding and his friends.
(c) Adela Quested.
(d) Mrs. Moore.
3. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
4. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
(a) To conduct business.
(b) To meet some friends.
(c) To visit a museum.
(d) To visit a brothel.
5. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(c) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(d) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
2. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
3. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
4. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
5. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)