|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
(a) Dr. Aziz and his friends.
(b) Cyril Fielding and his friends.
(c) Adela Quested.
(d) Mrs. Moore.
2. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
(a) Sister Act.
(b) Brother Adam.
(c) Cousin Kate.
(d) Uncle Vanya.
3. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
(a) He gets a flat tire on his bike.
(b) He runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque.
(c) He cannot find a tonga to drive him.
(d) He is caught up in conversation with Hamidullah.
4. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
(b) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
(c) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
5. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
(b) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
(c) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
(d) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
2. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
3. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
4. What is the weather like in India?
5. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)