|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Moore come to India?
(a) She comes to visit her sister, who has married an Indian man.
(b) She comes to visit her son.
(c) She comes on official business as a liason to the Indians.
(d) She comes as a tourist to see what British India looks like.
2. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
(a) Like other British women because she sides with Mr. Callendar.
(b) Different from other British women because she is pretty.
(c) Different from other British women because she listens to him.
(d) Like other British women because she talks to much.
3. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
4. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
(a) Because Adela asks him to.
(b) Because his home is unfit for visitors.
(c) Because Indians cannot have Anglo guests.
(d) Because he thinks it will be more interesting.
5. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) The British live on the banks of the river.
(b) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
(c) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
(d) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
2. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
3. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
4. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
5. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)