|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
(a) To escape the city.
(b) To visit a friend.
(c) To play polo.
(d) To go riding with Adela Quested.
2. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Cyril Fielding and his friends.
(d) Dr. Aziz and his friends.
3. What is the weather like in India?
(a) Oppressively hot.
(b) Freezing cold.
(c) Mild and comfortable.
(d) Rainy and wet.
4. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
(b) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(c) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
(d) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
5. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
(a) He is caught up in conversation with Hamidullah.
(b) He cannot find a tonga to drive him.
(c) He runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque.
(d) He gets a flat tire on his bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
2. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
3. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
4. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
5. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)