|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
(a) To go riding with Adela Quested.
(b) To play polo.
(c) To visit a friend.
(d) To escape the city.
2. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
(a) Because his home is unfit for visitors.
(b) Because Adela asks him to.
(c) Because Indians cannot have Anglo guests.
(d) Because he thinks it will be more interesting.
3. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
(b) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(c) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
(d) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
4. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
(a) She thinks he is polite, encouraging, sensitive, and gentlemanly.
(b) She thinks he is uptight, shy, unsocial, and rude.
(c) She thinks he is arrogant, rude, insensitive, and chauvinistic.
(d) She thinks he is vibrant, exciting, nice, and handsome.
5. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
2. Why does Mrs. Moore come to India?
3. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
4. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
5. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)