|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
(a) Is resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Says he welcomes and appreciates the gesture of the British.
(c) Says he believes that the party will give him a chance to rise in power.
(d) Is upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
2. Why does Mrs. Moore come to India?
(a) She comes to visit her son.
(b) She comes to visit her sister, who has married an Indian man.
(c) She comes as a tourist to see what British India looks like.
(d) She comes on official business as a liason to the Indians.
3. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
(b) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
(c) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
(d) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
4. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
(b) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
(c) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
(d) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
5. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
(b) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
(c) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
(d) The British live on the banks of the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
2. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
3. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
4. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
5. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)