|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
(a) Adela Quested.
(b) Mrs. Moore.
(c) Dr. Aziz and his friends.
(d) Cyril Fielding and his friends.
2. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
(a) Cousin Kate.
(b) Sister Act.
(c) Brother Adam.
(d) Uncle Vanya.
3. When Dr. Aziz runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque he ____.
(a) He offers to find her a carriage.
(b) All of these are true.
(c) Warns her of snakes in the area.
(d) Becomes angry because she is a woman.
4. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
5. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
(a) He is proud of the tea that is served in India and wants them to experience it.
(b) He prefers intimate events and is overwhelmed by the Bridge party.
(c) He wants to get to know the women better in the absence of Indians.
(d) He is ashamed and angry that the Indians have been invited to the Bridge party and have been treated so badly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
2. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
3. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
4. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
5. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)