|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
(a) They make it back safely.
(b) They hit an animal.
(c) They hit a pothole.
(d) They run out of gas.
2. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
(b) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
(c) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
(d) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
3. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(c) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(d) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
4. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
5. What is the weather like in India?
(a) Rainy and wet.
(b) Freezing cold.
(c) Mild and comfortable.
(d) Oppressively hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
2. When Dr. Aziz runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque he ____.
3. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
4. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
5. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)