|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
(b) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
(c) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
(d) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
2. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
3. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
(a) Because he believes Indians are not qualified for the jobs.
(b) Because he wanted to experience the culture.
(c) Because he needed a job.
(d) Because he thinks it's the right thing to do.
4. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
(a) Cousin Kate.
(b) Sister Act.
(c) Uncle Vanya.
(d) Brother Adam.
5. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
(a) He is caught up in conversation with Hamidullah.
(b) He gets a flat tire on his bike.
(c) He runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque.
(d) He cannot find a tonga to drive him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ronny Heaslop and Mrs. Moore talk about Dr. Aziz, ____.
2. What is the weather like in India?
3. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
4. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
5. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)