|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
(a) To visit a brothel.
(b) To conduct business.
(c) To meet some friends.
(d) To visit a museum.
2. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
(b) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
(c) He is always upset at all Indians.
(d) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
3. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) The Anglo Women.
(c) Adela Quested.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
4. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
(a) Because he thinks it's the right thing to do.
(b) Because he wanted to experience the culture.
(c) Because he believes Indians are not qualified for the jobs.
(d) Because he needed a job.
5. What is the weather like in India?
(a) Mild and comfortable.
(b) Freezing cold.
(c) Oppressively hot.
(d) Rainy and wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
2. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
3. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
4. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
5. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)