|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ronny Heaslop and Mrs. Moore talk about Dr. Aziz, ____.
(a) Ronny Heaslop decides to warn Adela Questad of the dangers in the mosque.
(b) Mrs. Moore immediately tells Adela Questad of their conversation.
(c) Mrs. Moore is upset that Dr. Aziz has been misunderstood.
(d) Ronny Heaslop tells Mrs. Moore to invite Dr. Aziz to the Bridge Party.
2. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
3. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
(a) He runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque.
(b) He gets a flat tire on his bike.
(c) He cannot find a tonga to drive him.
(d) He is caught up in conversation with Hamidullah.
4. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(b) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(c) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(d) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
5. In what month is Chapter 10 set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
2. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
3. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
4. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
5. When Dr. Aziz runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque he ____.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)