|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
(a) Because he thinks it will be more interesting.
(b) Because Adela asks him to.
(c) Because his home is unfit for visitors.
(d) Because Indians cannot have Anglo guests.
2. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
3. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
(a) She thinks he is uptight, shy, unsocial, and rude.
(b) She thinks he is polite, encouraging, sensitive, and gentlemanly.
(c) She thinks he is vibrant, exciting, nice, and handsome.
(d) She thinks he is arrogant, rude, insensitive, and chauvinistic.
4. Why is Mr. Callendar upset at Dr. Aziz at the Bridge Party?
(a) He thinks Dr. Aziz should have come to the Bridge Party.
(b) He suspects Dr. Aziz is not a qualified surgeon.
(c) He is always upset at all Indians.
(d) He believes that Dr. Aziz did not come to his place when summoned.
5. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
(b) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
(c) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
(d) The British live on the banks of the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
2. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
3. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
4. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
5. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)