|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
(b) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(c) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(d) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
2. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
(a) Because Indians cannot have Anglo guests.
(b) Because Adela asks him to.
(c) Because he thinks it will be more interesting.
(d) Because his home is unfit for visitors.
3. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
(a) Dr. Aziz.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their aunt.
4. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
(a) Ronny Heaslop.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) The Anglo Women.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
5. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
(b) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
(c) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
(d) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
2. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
3. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
4. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
5. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)