|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Passage to India is set in Chandrapore, India on the banks of the Ganges River. Which of the following is true about the city?
(a) The second tier of the city is filled with poverty.
(b) The club and government offices are located on the bank of the river.
(c) The British live on the banks of the river.
(d) Poverty characterizes the banks of the river.
2. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
3. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
(b) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
(c) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
(d) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
4. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
(a) Different from other British women because she listens to him.
(b) Different from other British women because she is pretty.
(c) Like other British women because she talks to much.
(d) Like other British women because she sides with Mr. Callendar.
5. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
(a) She thinks he is uptight, shy, unsocial, and rude.
(b) She thinks he is vibrant, exciting, nice, and handsome.
(c) She thinks he is polite, encouraging, sensitive, and gentlemanly.
(d) She thinks he is arrogant, rude, insensitive, and chauvinistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
2. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
3. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
4. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
5. What is the weather like in India?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)