|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dr. Aziz returns home, he finds the invitation from Cyril Fielding to tea. He is ____.
2. What is the weather like in India?
(a) Rainy and wet.
(b) Freezing cold.
(c) Mild and comfortable.
(d) Oppressively hot.
3. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
(a) Their aunt.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
4. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
(b) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
(c) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
(d) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
5. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
(a) Because he believes Indians are not qualified for the jobs.
(b) Because he thinks it's the right thing to do.
(c) Because he needed a job.
(d) Because he wanted to experience the culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
2. Who says to Mrs. Moore, "You're superior to them, anyway. Don't forget that. You're superior to everyone in India except one or two of the Ranis, and they're on an equality"?
3. Cyril Fielding, the principal at the college, visits with Mrs. Moore and Adela Quested and invites them to tea. Why?
4. Why does Mrs. Moore come to India?
5. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)