|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 9 | Part 1: Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz borrow Hamidullah's horse?
(a) To go riding with Adela Quested.
(b) To visit a friend.
(c) To play polo.
(d) To escape the city.
2. When Dr. Aziz runs into Mrs. Moore in the mosque he ____.
(a) He offers to find her a carriage.
(b) Becomes angry because she is a woman.
(c) Warns her of snakes in the area.
(d) All of these are true.
3. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(b) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(c) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(d) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
4. After talking to Mrs. Moore and discussing Mr. Callendar, Dr. Aziz decides that she is_____.
(a) Different from other British women because she listens to him.
(b) Like other British women because she talks to much.
(c) Different from other British women because she is pretty.
(d) Like other British women because she sides with Mr. Callendar.
5. At the Bridge Party, the Anglo-Indians discuss a play that was put on by members of the club. What is the name of the play?
(a) Uncle Vanya.
(b) Cousin Kate.
(c) Sister Act.
(d) Brother Adam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
2. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
3. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
4. Dr. Aziz receives a message to go to the bungalow of Major Callendar. On his way, he gets delayed because____.
5. Dr. Aziz has three children. Who do they live with?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)