|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
(b) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
(c) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
2. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(b) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(c) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(d) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
3. What does Cyril Fielding find out from Dr. Aziz regarding Mrs. Moore?
(a) That she has died.
(b) That she has other children.
(c) That she has left India.
(d) That she is pregnant.
4. What does Ronny Heaslop tell Hamidullah and Cyril Fielding when he visits them after Mrs. Moore has left the country?
(a) Adela Quested is engaged.
(b) Adela Quested is sick.
(c) Mrs. Moore is dead.
(d) Mrs. Moore is sick.
5. What is Cyril Fielding's current occupation in Chapter 32?
(a) Cleaning houses.
(b) Teaching English.
(c) Organizing tours of India.
(d) Inspecting educational facilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Adela Quested staying after the attack when she is visiting with Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde?
2. Why does Cyril Fielding go into the city in Chapter 21?
3. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
4. With what are Nancy Derek and Mrs. McBryde helping Adela Quested?
5. Who comes to visit Cyril Fielding at the school?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)