|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(c) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(d) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
2. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
(a) A Professor.
(b) A Lawyer.
(c) The Inspector of Police.
(d) The Head of the Club.
3. Who is invited to the caves?
(a) Ronny Heaslop, Professor Godbole, and Mrs. Moore.
(b) Professor Godbole, Adela Quested, and Mrs, Moore.
(c) Adela Quested, Mrs. Moore, and Nancy Derek.
(d) Adela Quested, Ronny Heaslop, and Mrs. Moore.
4. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
(b) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(c) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(d) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
5. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
(b) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
(c) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
(d) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
2. What is the weather like in India?
3. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
4. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
5. What does Dr. Aziz see when he first comes out of the cave?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)