|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
(a) They make it back safely.
(b) They hit a pothole.
(c) They hit an animal.
(d) They run out of gas.
2. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
(a) Finish his business because he does not have time to drive the twenty-five miles to the collector.
(b) Drives twenty-five miles to complain about the disrespect to the Indians.
(c) Drives twenty-five miles to shake the collector's hand.
(d) Drives twenty-five miles to go to the party.
3. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(b) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(c) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(d) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
4. What is the weather like in India?
(a) Rainy and wet.
(b) Freezing cold.
(c) Mild and comfortable.
(d) Oppressively hot.
5. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
(a) Because his home is unfit for visitors.
(b) Because Adela asks him to.
(c) Because Indians cannot have Anglo guests.
(d) Because he thinks it will be more interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
2. When does the party plan to leave to go to the caves?
3. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
4. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
5. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)