|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "nothing embraces the whole of India, nothing, nothing, and that was Akbar's mistake."
(a) Cyril Fielding.
(b) Professor Godbole.
(c) Mrs. Moore.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
2. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
(b) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
(c) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
(d) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
3. What does Dr. Aziz see when he first comes out of the cave?
(a) A crowd of people he doesn't know.
(b) A servant alone.
(c) Mrs. Moore and Cyril Fielding.
(d) Adela Quested crying.
4. Who points out there are well-qualified Indians for jobs in India?
(a) Mrs. Moore.
(b) Adela Quested.
(c) Dr. Aziz and his friends.
(d) Cyril Fielding and his friends.
5. Adela Quested had known Ronny Heaslop well in England and had come to India to visit him before deciding to be his wife. At the beginning of Chapter 8, how does Adela feel about Ronny?
(a) She thinks he is uptight, shy, unsocial, and rude.
(b) She thinks he is polite, encouraging, sensitive, and gentlemanly.
(c) She thinks he is vibrant, exciting, nice, and handsome.
(d) She thinks he is arrogant, rude, insensitive, and chauvinistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like in India?
2. Why does Cyril Fielding say that he is in India?
3. Who is invited to the caves?
4. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
5. Who shows up near the caves in a car?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)