|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "nothing embraces the whole of India, nothing, nothing, and that was Akbar's mistake."
(a) Professor Godbole.
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Mrs. Moore.
(d) Dr. Aziz.
2. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(b) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(c) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
(d) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
3. Adela Quested has come to India to see Ronny Heaslop, whom she is expected to marry. When she says she wants to see the "real India," what does Ronny do?
(a) Ronny asks Cyril Fielding to take her to meet Indians.
(b) Ronny asks Fielding how they may do that.
(c) Ronny introduces her to Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ronny tells her to go to the club to meet Indians.
4. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
5. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
(b) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
(c) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
(d) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
2. What does Mrs. Moore hear in the cave?
3. Why does Dr. Aziz want to go to Calcutta?
4. What does Dr. Aziz find and pick up that belongs to Adela Quested after leaving the caves?
5. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)