|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
(a) He tells him that Aziz's illness is potentially fatal.
(b) He tells them about his visit to a brothel.
(c) He tells them that he is engaged.
(d) He tells them he doesn't believe in God.
2. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
(a) Ronny Heaslop is angry that Mrs. Moore was alone.
(b) Ronny Heaslop is glad that Dr. Aziz warned Mrs. Moore about the snakes.
(c) Ronny Heaslop threatens to report Dr. Aziz for speaking negatively about Mr. Callendar.
(d) Ronny Heaslop is pleased that Mrs. Moore has a pleasant conversation with Dr. Aziz.
3. What is the weather like in India?
(a) Rainy and wet.
(b) Mild and comfortable.
(c) Freezing cold.
(d) Oppressively hot.
4. Nawab Bahadur, a generous and wealthy leader in the Muslim community, discusses the invitation to the Bridge Party with Mahmoud Ali and others. Mahmoud Ali is _____.
(a) Upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(b) Excited about the opportunity to spend time with the British elite.
(c) Resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(d) Disappointed that Hindus and Muslims were both invited to the party.
5. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
(a) The Head of the Club.
(b) A Lawyer.
(c) The Inspector of Police.
(d) A Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ronny Heaslop and Mrs. Moore talk about Dr. Aziz, ____.
2. Why does Dr. Aziz change his invitation from his house to Marabar Caves?
3. When does the party plan to leave to go to the caves?
4. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
5. Dr. Aziz is glad that Adela Quested is ____ because it allows him to enjoy her company.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)