|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
(b) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
(c) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
(d) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
2. When does the party plan to leave to go to the caves?
(a) Long before daylight.
(b) Late at night.
(c) As soon as it is light out.
(d) In the afternoon.
3. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
(a) They run out of gas.
(b) They make it back safely.
(c) They hit an animal.
(d) They hit a pothole.
4. How does Cyril Fielding shock Dr. Aziz and his friends?
(a) He tells him that Aziz's illness is potentially fatal.
(b) He tells them that he is engaged.
(c) He tells them about his visit to a brothel.
(d) He tells them he doesn't believe in God.
5. In regard to the Bridge Party, Nawab Bahudar _____.
(a) Says he believes that the party will give him a chance to rise in power.
(b) Is upset and hurt that the British did not invite more of the Indians.
(c) Is resentful of the empty attempt to pretend an interest in the Indian community.
(d) Says he welcomes and appreciates the gesture of the British.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up near the caves in a car?
2. After Ronny Heaslop and Mrs. Moore talk about Dr. Aziz, ____.
3. What does Nawab Bahudar do in response to the Bridge Party invitation?
4. Who is waiting for Dr. Aziz, Cyril Fielding, and the others when they return to Chandrapore?
5. Mrs. Moore tells Ronny Heaslop about her encounter with Dr. Aziz in the mosque. Which of the following are true?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)