|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best characterizes the celebration of the holiday occurring at the same time that Fielding travels into the city?
(a) A Parade.
2. Which of the following is not true about Cyril Fielding?
(a) He feels that the segregationist attitudes of the British leaders here are evidence of stupidity.
(b) He has found that he can be in with the Indians and still be friends with the Englishwomen, but not the Englishmen.
(c) He has always gotten along with Englishmen, but he does not like these expatriates in Chandrapore.
(d) He is over the age of forty, has experienced a lot of life, and is devoted to education.
3. What is served on the train?
(a) Poached eggs.
4. Who says "The prisoner is released without one stain on his character; the question of costs will be decided elsewhere"?
(b) Cyril Fielding.
(c) Mr. McBryde.
(d) Mr. Turton.
5. When Ronny Heaslop and Adela Quested return from their trip in the car, they are _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, where is Adela Quested staying?
2. Nawab Bahadur offers Adela Quested and Ronny Heaslop a spin in his new car. What happens?
3. To whom is the quote, "even when the lady is so much uglier than the gentleman" referring?
4. Who says, "nothing embraces the whole of India, nothing, nothing, and that was Akbar's mistake."
5. Who is the magistrate in charge at the trial?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)