Part 1: Chapter 1
* A basic description of the setting of Chandrapore, India is given
* Chandrapore sits on the banks of the Ganges River and is run-down and poverty-stricken.
* The city is divided in terms of social class and while the outskirts include run-down and poverty-stricken houses, as one moves inland, it improves.
* On the first rise, there is a hospital and an oval parade-ground. A more prosperous housing area is near the railway station.
* On the second rise, it improves dramatically. Here is where the civil service employees of the occupying British government live.
Part 1: Chapter 2
* Mahmoud Ali, Hamidullah, and Dr. Azid are having dinner at the home of Hamidullah and discussing their views on the British occupation.
* A messenger brings a note asking Dr. Aziz to come to the bungalow of Major Callendar, the Civil Surgeon, and the head of the hospital.
* He goes...
This section contains 2,947 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)