|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bowles demand?
(a) More money.
(b) The removal of the soldiers from the evacuation site.
(c) For Pasha to meet with him instead of Izzet.
(d) For Pascali to be arrested for extortion.
2. Why does Pascali visit Dr. Hogan?
(a) To relate to someone who is honest.
(b) To get a shot and information.
(c) Pascali needs a kind conversation and information.
(d) Because his eyesight is getting worse.
3. What does Pascali find Bowles doing at the excavation site?
(a) Burying the gold bracelet.
(b) Smashing many artifacts.
(c) Unearthing a bronze statue.
4. Why is Pascali depressed and anguished?
(a) At the thought of losing his 150 liras.
(b) At the thought of confronting Lydia.
(c) At the thought of his own death.
(d) At the thought of confronting Bowles.
5. How much does Pascali ask for keeping Bowles' secret?
(a) 200 liras.
(b) 150 liras.
(c) 500 liras.
(d) 75 liras.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Pascali waits at the hotel?
2. What does Pascali say of Bowles's speech patterns?
3. Of what is Pascali now convinced?
4. When Pascali tells Bowles Pasha wants to kill Bowles, what is Bowles' response?
5. What does Pascali know about Izzet and Pasha regarding payment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Pascali's perception of Bowles relationship to Pascali enables Pascali to rationalize his blackmail of Bowles?
2. What does Pascali seem to forget when he is rejoicing at the prospect of 150 liras?
3. Summarize the interaction between Pascali and Bowles and one probable hidden meaning.
4. Summarize the interaction between Pascali and Bowles just before Pascali leaves the evacuation site and explain if you think Pascali intends to follow through on the agreement with Bowles.
5. What does it suggest to you when Bowles insists on the removal of the soldiers at the evacuation site?
6. Explain what Pascali has figured out and how Bowles fits into the picture.
7. What is odd about Pascali's reaction to Bowles's not showing up for the meeting?
8. What do you think is Pascali's interpretation of the man he follows and sees laughing with Bowles?
9. What evidence is there that Pascali may be in danger?
10. Why do you think Pascali becomes depressed by Dr. Hogan's talk of the Sultan?
This section contains 1,475 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)