|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pascali think that Bowles sees within Pascali?
(a) A man with high ideals.
(b) A man without a country.
(c) A homeless romantic.
2. Of what does Pascali write to the Sultan again?
(a) Pascali's blending of reality and illusion to create realism in imaginary settings.
(b) The suspicians he has of Bowles.
(c) The need for more money.
(d) The fear he has that he has been discovered.
3. Why does Pascali visit Dr. Hogan?
(a) Because his eyesight is getting worse.
(b) Pascali needs a kind conversation and information.
(c) To relate to someone who is honest.
(d) To get a shot and information.
4. What does Pascali see as he's walking home through the market?
(a) Lydia talking with three strangers.
(b) Three strangers buying fruit.
(c) Bowles talking with three strangers.
(d) Lydia and Bowles talking with a stranger.
5. What does Pascali think the men he is leading are going to do?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) Kill Bowles and his men.
(c) Kill Bowles and capture Smith.
(d) Capture Smith and Bowles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cowers in his palace?
2. What does Pascali find when he returns home?
3. What does Pascali wonder about Pasha?
4. What does Bowles ask of Pascali?
5. Who is Bowles supposed to meet with at the opening of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Pascali and Bowles agree again to be allies and whether you think either man is sincere.
2. How is the previous foreshadowing come to completion in this final section?
3. How does Pascali miss an important clue about Bowles because of Pascali's own desires?
4. In what position does Bowles place Pascali in not meeting with Izzet at the hotel and how is this ironic?
5. When you read that Bowles does not show up at the hotel for his meeting with Izzet, are you surprised?
6. What is odd about Pascali's reaction to Bowles's not showing up for the meeting?
7. Summarize the interaction between Pascali and Bowles just before Pascali leaves the evacuation site and explain if you think Pascali intends to follow through on the agreement with Bowles.
8. What evidence is there that Pascali may be in danger?
9. What do you think is one of the main purposes of this short chapter?
10. By this section, can we be certain as to whether Pascali is a reliable narrator?
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)