|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon whose head is the responsibility for this situation?
2. What does Hogan's wife give Pascali?
(a) A jar of tomato paste.
(b) A smile and a hug.
(c) A bowl of shelled peas.
(d) A plate of falafiel.
3. What happens as Pascali waits at the hotel?
(a) Pascali gets drunk.
(b) Bowles arrives but will not speak to Pascali.
(c) Pascali witnesses a handoff of a large package from Bowles to Smith.
(d) Bowles does not show up.
4. Who does Bowles leave to meet?
(a) No one.
(c) Marchant and Lydia.
5. To what does Pascali admit?
(a) Stealing the marble statue.
(b) Searching Bowles' hotel room.
(c) Being jealous of Bowles with Lydia.
(d) Stealing the gold watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Pasha and Izzet caught in a must-pay situation?
2. When Pascali meets Izzet the next time, what does Izzet want?
3. Who is the first person killed?
4. Who does Pascali meet in the hotel lobby?
5. What did Pascali fear until recently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think is one of the main purposes of this short chapter?
2. What is some information that Pascali has learned in this section and do you think any of the information will determine a course of action for Pascali?
3. What do you think is a possible instance of foreshadowing in this section?
4. What do you think is Pascali's interpretation of the man he follows and sees laughing with Bowles?
5. In the end, what do you think Pascali is left with of any value?
6. How is the slaughter of the sheep symbolic of a "slaughter" that takes place within Pascali?
7. How does the symbolism in this section express the duality of the natures of both Bowles and Pascali?
8. Why do you think Pascali continues to let Bowles dictate the terms of their interaction?
9. What does Pascali seem to forget when he is rejoicing at the prospect of 150 liras?
10. How do you think Pascali's perception of Bowles relationship to Pascali enables Pascali to rationalize his blackmail of Bowles?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)