|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the person go who Pascali is following?
(a) To Lydia's home.
(b) To the excavation site.
(c) Into a bar called the Agoraki.
(d) To Pasha's home.
2. What does Pascali think Lydia has been doing?
(a) Two timing Bowles.
(b) Writing the Sultan of Bowles's activities.
(c) Reporting Bowles's activities to Pasha.
(d) Acting as the go between for Bowles and Smith.
3. How does Pascali see Bowles?
(a) As a dreamer and both a victim of his own mind and an exploiter of those ideas.
(b) As a brilliant archeologist.
(c) As a frustrated writer.
(d) As a dead man.
4. What does Pascali say of Bowles's speech patterns?
(a) That they are a curious blend of sophistication and peasantry.
(b) That they sound more German than English.
(c) That they belie his English origins.
(d) That they are seemingly innocent.
5. To what does Pascali agree?
(a) To killing Bowles.
(b) To removing the soldiers.
(c) To finding Bowles.
(d) To getting the money from Lydia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pascali think Bowles despises Pascali?
2. What view of the world do Bowles and Pascali have in common?
3. What does Pascali find when he returns home?
4. What does Bowles' notebook indicate?
5. What does Bowles demand?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)