|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Pascali now convinced?
(a) That Pasha is not the person to fear.
(b) That he will get his money finally.
(c) That he is about to die.
(d) That Izzet likes the way Pascali works.
2. Who is Bowles supposed to meet with at the opening of this section?
3. What does Pascali realize that Bowles believes about himself?
(a) Bowles believes he is a prophet.
(b) Bowles believes he is the messiah of Greek art.
(c) Bowles believes himself to be on a mission from a higher power.
(d) Bowles believes he is above the law.
4. What does Pascali find Bowles doing at the excavation site?
(a) Burying the gold bracelet.
(b) Unearthing a bronze statue.
(d) Smashing many artifacts.
5. What did Pascali fear until recently?
(a) The Sultan.
6. Who waits impatiently for all persons to arrive for the meeting?
(b) Pascali and Izzet.
(c) Bowles and Izzet.
(d) Bowles and Pascali.
7. What does Pascali think that Bowles sees within Pascali?
(a) A man with high ideals.
(b) A homeless romantic.
(d) A man without a country.
8. Why does Pascali visit Dr. Hogan?
(a) Because his eyesight is getting worse.
(b) To relate to someone who is honest.
(c) To get a shot and information.
(d) Pascali needs a kind conversation and information.
9. What gives Pascali the courage to bring up the matter of blackmailing Bowles?
(a) Bowles mentions how much he enjoys sex with Lydia.
(b) Bowles laughs at Pascali's concern about breaking the law.
(c) Bowles calls Pascali a wimp.
(d) Bowles begins to berate the people of the Ottoman Empire, calling them savage and without honor.
10. What does Pascali insist to Bowles about the church service?
(a) That the Saint was hexed.
(b) Pascali is unwilling to answer Bowles's questions.
(c) That the priest is in on the conspiracy to kill Bowles.
(d) That they were going to kill Pascali.
11. About what does Pascali warn Bowles?
(a) That someone is stalking Bowles.
(b) That Pasha has set up an ambush at the site.
(c) That they are both likely to lose their heads if things are not resolved very soon.
(d) That Izzet has secretly called in the Sultan's assassin.
12. What does Bowles' notebook indicate?
(a) Bowles has completed this same scheme that he is running on Pasha in numerous areas around Asia Minor for many months.
(b) That Bowles is cousin to the Sultan.
(c) That Bowles works for German SSI.
(d) That Bowles actually is a geologist.
13. What does Bowles say to the second offer?
(a) He accepts but says they have to pay him 10 percent of any profit.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He declines.
(d) He declines but says he may change his mind but needs a day to think on it.
14. To what does Pascali agree?
(a) To getting the money from Lydia.
(b) To finding Bowles.
(c) To removing the soldiers.
(d) To killing Bowles.
15. Of what does Pascali write to the Sultan in this section?
(a) Of the death of Bowles and his party to the Sultan in his report.
(b) That he is no longer going to be writing any reports.
(c) Of Pascali's desier to return to Istanbul.
(d) Of Pascali's desire to retire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bowles say about the stranger with whom he was speaking?
2. What goes wrong with the meeting?
3. What is the most significant thing about terra rossa?
4. How does Pascali view Bowles after the meeting with Izzet?
5. How much does Izzet then offer?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)