|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Bowles accuse Pascali?
(a) Of being timid.
(b) Of being insane.
(c) Of being an informant.
(d) Of being without a conscience.
2. What does Pascali take from Bowles' room?
(b) A gold ring from the excavation site.
(c) A plate of olives.
(d) Bowles' journal.
3. What does the note from Bowles say?
(a) That he is unable to attend.
(b) That he is unavoidably delayed for an hour.
(c) That he has left for England.
(d) That they can find him at the Sanctuary.
4. What does Pascali insist to Bowles about the church service?
(a) That they were going to kill Pascali.
(b) Pascali is unwilling to answer Bowles's questions.
(c) That the Saint was hexed.
(d) That the priest is in on the conspiracy to kill Bowles.
5. How much does Pascali ask for keeping Bowles' secret?
(a) 150 liras.
(b) 500 liras.
(c) 200 liras.
(d) 75 liras.
6. How much does Izzet then offer?
(b) 600 lira, 50 of which will pay Bowles for his time already spent.
(c) 800 liras.
(d) 700 liras, which is what Bowles initially asks for.
7. What hinges upon Izzet fulfilling Bowles's demand?
(a) Bowles leaving the island.
(b) Any more money.
(c) Any artifacts being turned over to the State.
(d) Further negotiations.
8. How does Pascali view Bowles after the meeting with Izzet?
(a) As a scoundrel.
(b) As a threat to Pascali's position on the island.
(c) He is afraid of Bowles but in awe of Bowles' talents.
(d) As more honest than Pascali had thought.
9. What view of the world do Bowles and Pascali have in common?
(a) That the world does not care who it deceives as long as they have money.
(b) To take care of number one first.
(c) That everyone has a price.
(d) One of the idea of parallels and symbolism.
10. Who does Pascali meet in the hotel lobby?
(a) The Frenchman Chaudan.
11. What does Pascali decide to do?
(a) Bribe Lydia.
(b) Bribe Bowles.
(c) Bribe Izzet.
(d) Kill Pasha.
12. When Pascali leads Izzet and the soldiers to the cove, who is dead?
(a) No one.
(c) The soldiers Pasha had posted at the site.
13. With whom does Pascali ask to speak?
14. How is Bowles killed?
(a) The statue crushes him.
(b) One of the soldiers stabs him with his bayonet.
(c) He is not killed.
(d) Lydia kills him before she dies.
15. What does Bowles insist that he is doing?
(a) Paying Pascali.
(b) Being honest.
(c) Writing a book.
(d) Helping the field of archeology.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose would he do the answer to question #97?
2. Why does Pascali visit Dr. Hogan?
3. Upon whose head is the responsibility for this situation?
4. Who does Pascali see talking to the person Pascali is following?
5. Who is Bowles supposed to meet with at the opening of this section?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)