|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pasha deceiving?
(b) The English.
(c) The empire.
2. Who waits impatiently for all persons to arrive for the meeting?
(a) Bowles and Pascali.
(b) Bowles and Izzet.
(c) Pascali and Izzet.
3. How does Pascali view Bowles after the meeting with Izzet?
(a) He is afraid of Bowles but in awe of Bowles' talents.
(b) As more honest than Pascali had thought.
(c) As a threat to Pascali's position on the island.
(d) As a scoundrel.
4. Why is Pascali in danger?
(a) For informing on Fisherman Smith.
(b) Because of Bowles' actions.
(c) Because of his love for Lydia.
(d) For accepting bribe money.
5. Why does Pascali think Bowles despises Pascali?
(a) Because within Pascali Bowles sees himself,
(b) Because Bowles despises everyone on the island except Lydia.
(c) Because Pascali knows Bowles is up to something.
(d) Because Pascali wants to be paid for his translation work.
6. What does Pascali know about Izzet and Pasha regarding payment?
(a) They have no choice but to pay the 700 lira that Bowles demands.
(b) They do not care if they lose such a small sum of money.
(c) They do not have that much money.
(d) They do not know they are being blackmailed.
7. What goes wrong with the meeting?
(a) Pascali is not there to translate.
(b) Izzet does not show.
(c) Bowles brings English soldiers.
(d) Bowles does not show.
8. Who does Pascali meet in the hotel lobby?
(d) The Frenchman Chaudan.
9. What does Bowles say to the second offer?
(a) He accepts but says they have to pay him 10 percent of any profit.
(b) He declines but says he may change his mind but needs a day to think on it.
(c) He declines.
(d) He accepts.
10. What does Pascali insist to Bowles about the church service?
(a) Pascali is unwilling to answer Bowles's questions.
(b) That the priest is in on the conspiracy to kill Bowles.
(c) That the Saint was hexed.
(d) That they were going to kill Pascali.
11. What is Mannfeldt?
(a) A book by Kant.
(b) An armament firm of Germany.
(c) A city in Germany.
(d) A ship in the harbor of the island.
12. Who does Pascali follow?
(a) A large white man with gaps in his teeth.
(b) Lydia and Bowles.
13. How is Bowles killed?
(a) The statue crushes him.
(b) He is not killed.
(c) One of the soldiers stabs him with his bayonet.
(d) Lydia kills him before she dies.
14. What view of the world do Bowles and Pascali have in common?
(a) To take care of number one first.
(b) That everyone has a price.
(c) That the world does not care who it deceives as long as they have money.
(d) One of the idea of parallels and symbolism.
15. What does Pascali wonder about Pasha?
(a) What he hasn't acted against Bowles and Pascali yet.
(b) Why he is still alive after all his manipulations.
(c) If he has always been so fat.
(d) Why he has scared Izzet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bowles want to leave the situation for a few days?
2. What did Pascali fear until recently?
3. Why does Pascali visit Dr. Hogan?
4. Upon whose head is the responsibility for this situation?
5. Why does Pascali want to leave the island?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)