|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mannfeldt?
(a) A ship in the harbor of the island.
(b) A book by Kant.
(c) An armament firm of Germany.
(d) A city in Germany.
2. What does Pascali find Bowles doing at the excavation site?
(a) Unearthing a bronze statue.
(c) Burying the gold bracelet.
(d) Smashing many artifacts.
3. What does Pascali figure out about how Bowles will remove the statue from the island?
(a) Through the mountains over to the other side of the island.
(b) By ballon in the middle of the night.
(c) By way of Smith's boat.
(d) He's still trying to figure it out.
4. How does Pascali view Bowles after the meeting with Izzet?
(a) As a scoundrel.
(b) As a threat to Pascali's position on the island.
(c) He is afraid of Bowles but in awe of Bowles' talents.
(d) As more honest than Pascali had thought.
5. What does Izzet tell Pascali?
(a) That Bowles must be eliminated.
(b) That Bowles is a scoundrel.
(c) That Pasha is not a patient man.
(d) That Pascali will not live through this if it does not work out.
6. Who does Pascali follow?
(b) A large white man with gaps in his teeth.
(c) Lydia and Bowles.
7. What gives Pascali the courage to bring up the matter of blackmailing Bowles?
(a) Bowles begins to berate the people of the Ottoman Empire, calling them savage and without honor.
(b) Bowles calls Pascali a wimp.
(c) Bowles laughs at Pascali's concern about breaking the law.
(d) Bowles mentions how much he enjoys sex with Lydia.
8. What happens as Pascali waits at the hotel?
(a) Pascali witnesses a handoff of a large package from Bowles to Smith.
(b) Bowles does not show up.
(c) Bowles arrives but will not speak to Pascali.
(d) Pascali gets drunk.
9. Who is Bowles supposed to meet with at the opening of this section?
10. How much does Pascali ask for keeping Bowles' secret?
(a) 150 liras.
(b) 500 liras.
(c) 200 liras.
(d) 75 liras.
11. Why do Pascali and Bowles meet with Izzet at the hotel?
(a) So they cannot be secretly killed at Pasha's house.
(b) For public witnesses.
(c) Because they have a great buffet.
(d) To discuss the seven hundred liras payment.
12. What does Hogan think "terra rossa" means?
(a) Terracotta, a type of pottery.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) Red earth.
(d) The red planet Mars.
13. Who does Pascali meet in the hotel lobby?
(d) The Frenchman Chaudan.
14. Who is the first person killed?
(c) A worker.
15. What does Pascali realize that Bowles believes about himself?
(a) Bowles believes he is above the law.
(b) Bowles believes himself to be on a mission from a higher power.
(c) Bowles believes he is the messiah of Greek art.
(d) Bowles believes he is a prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pascali decide to do?
2. Who waits impatiently for all persons to arrive for the meeting?
3. When Pascali leads Izzet and the soldiers to the cove, who is dead?
4. How does Pascali respond to Bowles' accusation.
5. How does Pascali close his report?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)