Short Answer Key
1. To whom is Pascali writing?
The Sultan in Constantinople.
2. How long has Pascali been a paid informer?
Nearly 20 years.
3. What does Pascali say he does to his stories?
4. Who has recently arrived by boat to the island?
5. What is the overarching emotion that the newcomer exudes?
6. What does Pascali think about him and this recent arrival?
That their destinies are intertwined.
7. What does Pascali's salary not allow him?
8. Why is Dranas rude to Pascali?
Because Dranas says "we know."
9. Of what is Pascali now convinced?
That the villagers know of his spy activities.
10. Why does Pascali want to travel to Stambul?
To seek out Mehmet Bey.
11. What meetings does Pascali stop attending months ago?
The Literary Society.
12. What does the crumbling island seem like a metaphor...
This section contains 2,635 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)