|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pascali perturbed when he delivers the contract to Bowles?
(a) Pascali is now visible with his name on the contract also.
(b) Bowles does not thank him for his efforts, nor offer to pay him the nominal fee mentioned previously.
(c) Bowles tells Pascali to leave the contract on the porch.
(d) Pascali cannot read some of the fine print.
2. Why does Bowles want a few more days at the site?
(a) To plunder the artifacts more.
(b) To make his getaway on Smith's boat.
(c) To hide his activities.
(d) To make a few more sketches.
3. What does Politis say to Pascali when they pass on the street?
(a) That Pascali did not say hello to him as he passed on his way to dinner.
(b) That Bowles is an English spy.
(c) That Bowles plans to kill Pascali after the negotiations.
(d) That Pascali had better watch his back.
4. What does Pascali figure out about how Bowles will remove the statue from the island?
(a) He's still trying to figure it out.
(b) By way of Smith's boat.
(c) By ballon in the middle of the night.
(d) Through the mountains over to the other side of the island.
5. What happens as Pascali waits at the hotel?
(a) Bowles does not show up.
(b) Pascali gets drunk.
(c) Pascali witnesses a handoff of a large package from Bowles to Smith.
(d) Bowles arrives but will not speak to Pascali.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hinges upon Izzet fulfilling Bowles's demand?
2. Why does Pascali want to travel to Stambul?
3. In what areas of Pascali's life is he capable of going both ways (utriusque capex)?
4. What two people does Pascali notice out of the window at Pasha's office who seem to be arguing.
5. What does Pascali say the Sultan needs?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)