|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pascali find when he returns home?
(a) A note saying the money will be mailed to him.
(b) A letter addressed to Lydia and Pascali giving them Bowles's blessings.
(c) The one hundred fifty liras promised him, with a note telling him to leave the island.
(d) Fifty liras with a not promising more soon.
2. What does Pascali think he has found?
(a) A way to gain Lydia's love.
(b) A way to break free of the island.
(c) A way to get Bowles off the island immediately.
(d) A way to earn a huge sum of money.
3. What could deaths on the island do?
(a) Turn off trade.
(b) Benefit someone as a bargaining tool or negotiation point.
(c) Increase local unrest.
(d) Bring in the Americans.
4. What do the Greeks do at the Sanctuary of Artemis?
(a) Bring and leave orchids to symbolize rebirth.
(b) Burn incense twice a year as a cleansing ritual.
(c) Have a monthly festival.
(d) Burn candles at the site to thank the gods.
5. To what does Pascali agree?
(a) To getting the money from Lydia.
(b) To removing the soldiers.
(c) To killing Bowles.
(d) To finding Bowles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pascali leads Izzet and the soldiers to the cove, who is dead?
2. What does Izzet say he knows about Bowles?
3. What does Pascali observe Bowles doing?
4. How does Bowles think the British operate trade?
5. Whose name is spoken softly to Pasha?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)