|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Pascali become painfully aware?
(a) That Lydia has many suitors.
(b) That Lydia is no longer interested in Pascali.
(c) That Bowles has stirred her desire.
(d) That Pascali no longer is in the loop for information.
2. What field interests Bowles as he tells Pascali?
3. What does Pascali see as he's walking home through the market?
(a) Lydia talking with three strangers.
(b) Bowles talking with three strangers.
(c) Three strangers buying fruit.
(d) Lydia and Bowles talking with a stranger.
4. Who is uneasy in Lydia's world?
(a) Pascali and Bowles.
(b) Pascali and Izzet.
(c) Bowles and Izzet.
(d) Pascali and Smith.
5. How does Pascali think the unity of the Ottoman Empire can be maintained?
(a) Through religious conversion.
(b) Through granting independence to rebellious nations.
(c) Unity can only be maintained through non-mobility.
(d) Through a heavy military presence in all the countries that make up the Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pascali think that Bowles sees within Pascali?
2. Of what does Bowles accuse Pascali?
3. When hearing about the Sultan's fears, how does Pascali feel?
4. Where do Pascali and Marchant go?
5. What is the motivating factor in Izzet agreeing to meet with Bowles?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)