|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pascali think the unity of the Ottoman Empire can be maintained?
(a) Through granting independence to rebellious nations.
(b) Through religious conversion.
(c) Unity can only be maintained through non-mobility.
(d) Through a heavy military presence in all the countries that make up the Empire.
2. Why won't Russia, Britain, and France take action against the Ottoman empire?
(a) None will take action due to their need for trade alliances.
(b) They cannot ally themselves with each other.
(c) They are too badly outclassed militarily.
(d) They do not believe the reports about the Armenians.
3. Upon whose head is the responsibility for this situation?
4. What does Pascali tell Bowles he would not be allowed to do even with a lease?
(a) Use any power equipment.
(b) Dig on the grounds of the Sanctuary of Artemis.
(c) Take away anything from the grounds.
(d) Bring in a crew of more than three workers.
5. What happens as Pascali waits at the hotel?
(a) Bowles does not show up.
(b) Pascali witnesses a handoff of a large package from Bowles to Smith.
(c) Bowles arrives but will not speak to Pascali.
(d) Pascali gets drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pascali believe about humankind?
2. What does Pascali know about Izzet and Pasha regarding payment?
3. Why does Pascali think Bowles despises Pascali?
4. Who is Herr Gesing?
5. What did Pascali fear until recently?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)