|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pascali tell Bowles he would not be allowed to do even with a lease?
(a) Bring in a crew of more than three workers.
(b) Dig on the grounds of the Sanctuary of Artemis.
(c) Take away anything from the grounds.
(d) Use any power equipment.
2. What does Pascali realize Smith's business must be?
(a) A very expensive type of crab.
(b) Running drugs.
(c) Guns for the rebels.
(d) A slaver.
3. Who has recently arrived by boat to the island?
(a) No one has arrived to this God forsaken place in months.
(b) Anthony Bowles.
(c) The Sultan.
(d) Esmeralda Von Trece.
4. How has Pascali betrayed himself as a spy unintentionally?
(a) Through his multiple attempts to gain information.
(b) By his copious letters to the Sultan.
(c) He does not know how.
(d) Through his coded advertisements on the town board.
5. How does a lack of the true effects of lighting cause Lydia's painting to look according to Pascali?
(a) It makes landscapes seem nearly like hallucinations.
(b) It causes unnatural shadows.
(c) It gives a pastoral glow to the painting that is unreal.
(d) It distorts perspective.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Pascali's observation about Hassan a symbol?
2. Why is Pascali perturbed when he delivers the contract to Bowles?
3. Who does Pascali wonder might be the leak as to his spy activities?
4. Of what is Pascali now convinced?
5. Who owns the lands where the Sanctuary of Artemis is located?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)