|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Pascali betrayed himself as a spy unintentionally?
(a) Through his coded advertisements on the town board.
(b) By his copious letters to the Sultan.
(c) He does not know how.
(d) Through his multiple attempts to gain information.
2. To what predicament do Pascali's thoughts return?
(a) His need to successfully convince Izzet to lease the grounds to Bowles.
(b) That of his being a spy.
(c) His love for Lydia not being returned.
(d) His need for more money.
3. For what does Pascali blame the Sultan?
(a) For paying him too little.
(b) For not stopping the masacre of the Armenians.
(c) For not taking action on any of his previous reports.
(d) For telling Pascali he has to come home.
4. Why does a soldier point a rifle at Bowles?
(a) Because Bowles inadvertently insults the man.q
(b) Because they mistrust foreigners, especially the English.
(c) Because the soldier is incompetent.
(d) Because he thought Bowles threatened Pascali.
5. For how much does Bowles obtain the lease?
(a) Fifty liras.
(b) The request for the lease is denied.
(c) Twenty liras.
(d) Two hundred liras.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what areas of Pascali's life is he capable of going both ways (utriusque capex)?
2. What do Lydia and Pascali talk about concerning the boats?
3. What does Bowles say about any nation who puts self-interest before morality?
4. Who is too smart to get caught red-handed?
5. Who said that motion its self is an illusion.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)