|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Zeki Bey think the rebels obtain money?
2. Why does a soldier point a rifle at Bowles?
(a) Because the soldier is incompetent.
(b) Because Bowles inadvertently insults the man.q
(c) Because they mistrust foreigners, especially the English.
(d) Because he thought Bowles threatened Pascali.
3. By whom is Pasha's offer of friendship interrupted?
(a) The mayor.
(b) A servant.
(c) A rebel leader brought in in handcuffs.
(d) The local constable.
4. What do the Turks do at the Sanctuary of Artemis?
(a) Have a yearly festival.
(b) Burn an effigy of a phoenix to symbolize rebirth.
(c) Bring spring water from the site to the ill.
(d) Have the ill come and immerse in the water.
5. Of what is the Ottoman empire comprised?
(a) An fairly homogenous group of peoples.
(b) Of multiple races, creed, and languages that have united under the Ottoman State.
(c) Mostly Arab nations.
(d) Many disparate but loyal groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems surprised at the number of objects within the room?
2. What does Pascali observe Bowles doing?
3. Who is Zeki Bey?
4. What is the current environment on the island like?
5. How has Mahmoud Pasha been inadvertently contributing to the rebel cause?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)