|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lydia notice that delights Pascali?
(a) That his new suit is becoming.
(b) That his haircut is handsome.
(c) That he is losing weight.
(d) That he is looking fit.
2. What does Pascali's salary not allow him?
(a) Fine cigars.
(b) A trip to the redlight district.
(c) Fine wines.
(d) Transportation services.
3. To what does Pascali compare the sea?
(a) To humans, tormented and violent.
(b) To the waves of fortune.
(c) To the violence of an assassination.
(d) To the depths of one's mind that cannot by plumbed.
4. What does Pascali realize he loves as he loves the island?
(a) Halvah and humus.
(b) Grapes and halvah.
(c) Olives and grapes.
(d) Grapes and humus.
5. What do the Turks do at the Sanctuary of Artemis?
(a) Have the ill come and immerse in the water.
(b) Burn an effigy of a phoenix to symbolize rebirth.
(c) Bring spring water from the site to the ill.
(d) Have a yearly festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pascali think about the things Lydia does at the dinner table?
2. How long has Pascali been a paid informer?
3. For what does Pascali blame the Sultan?
4. How does a lack of the true effects of lighting cause Lydia's painting to look according to Pascali?
5. What field interests Bowles as he tells Pascali?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)