|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Sanctuary of Artemis?
(a) Where the Virgin Mary was supposed to have rested following the death of Christ.
(b) A small shrine dedicated to the god Artemis.
(c) A cave set in the hills behind the city.
(d) A waterfall.
2. Why does Pascali decide to seek out Lydia?
(a) To see if she will undertake a spy mission for the Sultan.
(b) To seek information, as well as a meal.
(c) To ask her to marry him.
(d) To see if Bowles is with her.
3. Who owns the lands where the Sanctuary of Artemis is located?
(a) The Turkish government.
(d) Mahmoud Pasha.
4. Why does Pascali want to travel to Stambul?
(a) Because he's never seen the place before.
(b) To throw himself on the mercy of the Sultan.
(c) To get off the island and onto firm land.
(d) To seek out Mehmet Bey.
5. What does Pascali believe about the information he gives Bowles in their conversation?
(a) That Bowles is with the rebels.
(b) That Bowles does not really understand the situation.
(c) Pascali believes he is not giving Bowles new information, but simply confirming information.
(d) That Pascali has convinced Bowles to rethink his options.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Greeks do at the Sanctuary of Artemis?
2. Who is Herr Gesing?
3. Who is too smart to get caught red-handed?
4. How has Mahmoud Pasha been inadvertently contributing to the rebel cause?
5. According to Lydia, what does the Sultan constantly fear?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)