|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Pascali warn the Sultan?
(a) That he has watched the Empire slowly deteriorate.
(b) A possible assassination attempt in the near future.
(c) That the island will likely attempt to get out from under Turkish rule.
(d) That the volcano will blow soon.
2. What does Pascali say he does to his stories?
(a) Writes them exactly as they happen.
(b) Embellishes them.
(c) Fabricates them entirely.
(d) Gives as little detail as possible.
3. Of what is Pascali's observation about Hassan a symbol?
(a) Of how intention does not ensure success.
(b) For how the offspring is an improvement from the former generation.
(c) For the type of detail he must avoid giving in his reports.
(d) For how he must throw his reports into the waters of the Sultan's eyes.
4. What does Pascali tell Bowles he would not be allowed to do even with a lease?
(a) Take away anything from the grounds.
(b) Dig on the grounds of the Sanctuary of Artemis.
(c) Use any power equipment.
(d) Bring in a crew of more than three workers.
5. Why won't Russia, Britain, and France take action against the Ottoman empire?
(a) They cannot ally themselves with each other.
(b) They are too badly outclassed militarily.
(c) They do not believe the reports about the Armenians.
(d) None will take action due to their need for trade alliances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Sanctuary of Artemis?
2. How does a lack of the true effects of lighting cause Lydia's painting to look according to Pascali?
3. Of what is the Ottoman empire comprised?
4. Why does Pascali need new glasses?
5. What meetings does Pascali stop attending months ago?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)