|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the motivating factor in Izzet agreeing to meet with Bowles?
2. What does Pascali realize he loves as he loves the island?
(a) Halvah and humus.
(b) Olives and grapes.
(c) Grapes and halvah.
(d) Grapes and humus.
3. What does Herr Gesing believe about British trade?
(a) That Britain only opposes politics when it is harming their trade.
(b) That they are less inept than the Turks.
(c) That they only rival the Americans.
(d) That they have blundered their way into wealth.
4. What does the sound of bleating sheep mean to Pascali as he is walking?
(a) He knows they are being herded to the rebels for food.
(b) He remembers the phrase, "the Lion will lie down with the lamb," from his childhood.
(c) It reminds him of his childhood.
(d) He knows they will soon be slaughtered for the Sacrifice Festival.
5. What does Pascali note about the fisherman Hassan?
(a) That he seldom brings back a full boat.
(b) That his daughter is very attractive.
(c) That he throws his fishing net perfectly into the water.
(d) That he goes to secret meetings every Tuesday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crumbling island seem like a metaphor for to Pascali?
2. What do the Turks do at the Sanctuary of Artemis?
3. What could deaths on the island do?
4. To what does he admit concerning the Turks and Greeks?
5. Why does Pascali need new glasses?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)