|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bowles think the British operate trade?
(c) Based upon their ideals.
2. What does Pascali realize he loves as he loves the island?
(a) Grapes and halvah.
(b) Grapes and humus.
(c) Halvah and humus.
(d) Olives and grapes.
3. To what does he admit concerning the Turks and Greeks?
(a) Trying to set one against the other.
(b) Consorting with both equally.
(c) Trying to maintain peace between the two.
(d) Disliking both groups.
4. Who is Herr Gesing?
(a) The heir to the German beer manufacturer.
(b) A German commercial agent.
(c) The cousin to the Sultan through marriage.
(d) A former Nazi.
5. What do the Greeks do at the Sanctuary of Artemis?
(a) Burn candles at the site to thank the gods.
(b) Burn incense twice a year as a cleansing ritual.
(c) Have a monthly festival.
(d) Bring and leave orchids to symbolize rebirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who needs Pascali's translation services?
2. From where does Zeki Bey think the rebels obtain money?
3. What is the overarching emotion that the newcomer exudes?
4. What is Bowles' reply to Pascali?
5. What is the current environment on the island like?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)