|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dranas rude to Pascali?
(a) Because Dranas is rude to everyone.
(b) Because Dranas says "we know."
(c) Because Pascali was first rude to Dranas.
(d) There is no obvious reason.
2. What does the crumbling island seem like a metaphor for to Pascali?
(a) A paradise in hell.
(b) The crumbling Ottoman empire.
(c) The crumbling British empire.
(d) The old Roman empire.
3. What does Herr Gesing believe about British trade?
(a) That they have blundered their way into wealth.
(b) That they only rival the Americans.
(c) That they are less inept than the Turks.
(d) That Britain only opposes politics when it is harming their trade.
4. How does Pascali think the unity of the Ottoman Empire can be maintained?
(a) Through religious conversion.
(b) Through a heavy military presence in all the countries that make up the Empire.
(c) Unity can only be maintained through non-mobility.
(d) Through granting independence to rebellious nations.
5. What does Pascali say the Sultan needs?
(a) An annex for his thoughts.
(b) A moral compass.
(c) A new direction for the empire.
(d) A new chatelaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pascali believe about harmony.
2. Of what is the Ottoman empire comprised?
3. What does Bowles believe Germany should do?
4. Why won't Russia, Britain, and France take action against the Ottoman empire?
5. To whom is Pascali writing?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)