|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crumbling island seem like a metaphor for to Pascali?
(a) The old Roman empire.
(b) The crumbling British empire.
(c) The crumbling Ottoman empire.
(d) A paradise in hell.
2. What does Pascali observe Bowles doing?
(a) Helping Hassan launch his boat.
(b) Crossing over to climb the rocks on the far shore.
(c) Throwing food to the gulls.
(d) Holding Lydia's hand.
3. For what does Pascali blame the Sultan?
(a) For paying him too little.
(b) For not taking action on any of his previous reports.
(c) For telling Pascali he has to come home.
(d) For not stopping the masacre of the Armenians.
4. Of what is the Ottoman empire comprised?
(a) Mostly Arab nations.
(b) An fairly homogenous group of peoples.
(c) Many disparate but loyal groups.
(d) Of multiple races, creed, and languages that have united under the Ottoman State.
5. What is the overarching emotion that the newcomer exudes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dranas rude to Pascali?
2. How does Pascali think the unity of the Ottoman Empire can be maintained?
3. What does Pascali think about the things Lydia does at the dinner table?
4. What does Bowles believe Germany should do?
5. Why does Pascali want to travel to Stambul?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)