|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Pascali notice Bowles having a growing relationship?
(c) The bartender.
(d) The lone polizi on the island.
2. How long has Pascali been a paid informer?
(a) Nearly 20 years.
(b) Almost 13 years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) A year and a half.
3. Of what is Pascali's observation about Hassan a symbol?
(a) For the type of detail he must avoid giving in his reports.
(b) For how he must throw his reports into the waters of the Sultan's eyes.
(c) For how the offspring is an improvement from the former generation.
(d) Of how intention does not ensure success.
4. What could deaths on the island do?
(a) Turn off trade.
(b) Increase local unrest.
(c) Bring in the Americans.
(d) Benefit someone as a bargaining tool or negotiation point.
5. For what does Pascali blame the Sultan?
(a) For not taking action on any of his previous reports.
(b) For not stopping the masacre of the Armenians.
(c) For paying him too little.
(d) For telling Pascali he has to come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pascali think about the things Lydia does at the dinner table?
2. Why won't Russia, Britain, and France take action against the Ottoman empire?
3. What is Pascali's purpose on the island?
4. Why does Pascali want to travel to Stambul?
5. To whom is Pascali writing?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)