|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What parallel does Pascali see with his report?
(a) The rotting empire.
(b) The island.
(c) The almost-erupting volcano.
(d) The German trade.
2. To whom is Pascali writing?
(a) His eldest daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Sultan in Constantinople.
3. To what does Pascali compare the sea?
(a) To humans, tormented and violent.
(b) To the waves of fortune.
(c) To the depths of one's mind that cannot by plumbed.
(d) To the violence of an assassination.
4. What is Pascali's purpose on the island?
(a) To incite the local population to rebel against Germany.
(b) To assassinate the current prime minister.
(c) To set up a puppet government in favor of the Turks.
(d) To monitor the flow of ideas on the island.
5. Why does Pascali decide to seek out Lydia?
(a) To see if she will undertake a spy mission for the Sultan.
(b) To seek information, as well as a meal.
(c) To see if Bowles is with her.
(d) To ask her to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bowles think the British operate trade?
2. What does Bowles believe Germany should do?
3. For what does Pascali blame the Sultan?
4. Of what is Pascali now convinced?
5. What does Pascali say he does to his stories?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)