|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pascali say the Sultan needs?
(a) An annex for his thoughts.
(b) A new direction for the empire.
(c) A new chatelaine.
(d) A moral compass.
2. What does Pascali see on the shore line as he passes by?
(a) Two gulls fighting over a piece of crab.
(b) Lydia and Bowles searching the tide pools.
(c) Two men pretending to fight.
(d) The fisherman Smith unloading cargo into a small boat.
3. What do the Turks do at the Sanctuary of Artemis?
(a) Have a yearly festival.
(b) Bring spring water from the site to the ill.
(c) Burn an effigy of a phoenix to symbolize rebirth.
(d) Have the ill come and immerse in the water.
4. Why does Bowles need translation services?
(a) To convince local authorities to give him an access lease to the grounds where the Sanctuary of Artemis is located.
(b) To convince Lydia to marry him.
(c) To ask for permission to build a horse arena.
(d) To ask for a building permit.
5. What does Bowles claim to Pasha that he has found?
(a) A letter indicating that someone else owns the land Bowles is leasing.
(b) Numerous human bones.
(c) An artifact that is from WWI that proves the Germans did occupy this island.
(d) Objects of great historical and monetary value at the site.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suddenly calls from the next room?
2. What happens to the statue in the church on festival day?
3. What does Lydia notice that delights Pascali?
4. What field interests Bowles as he tells Pascali?
5. What does Pascali believe about harmony.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)