|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Russia, Britain, and France take action against the Ottoman empire?
(a) They cannot ally themselves with each other.
(b) None will take action due to their need for trade alliances.
(c) They do not believe the reports about the Armenians.
(d) They are too badly outclassed militarily.
2. What does Pascali say the Sultan needs?
(a) An annex for his thoughts.
(b) A moral compass.
(c) A new direction for the empire.
(d) A new chatelaine.
3. For what does Pascali blame the Sultan?
(a) For not taking action on any of his previous reports.
(b) For telling Pascali he has to come home.
(c) For paying him too little.
(d) For not stopping the masacre of the Armenians.
4. What does Lydia think free expression does?
(a) It encourages imprecision.
(b) It makes one think the impossible is possible.
(c) It spills over into dangerous areas such as politics.
(d) It encourages the irrational.
5. According to Lydia, what does the Sultan constantly fear?
(c) His home guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bowles say about any nation who puts self-interest before morality?
2. Upon what is Bowles' pretended offer of friendship to Pascali solely based?
3. Who is uneasy in Lydia's world?
4. Who suddenly calls from the next room?
5. How does a lack of the true effects of lighting cause Lydia's painting to look according to Pascali?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)