|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Sanctuary of Artemis?
(a) A cave set in the hills behind the city.
(b) Where the Virgin Mary was supposed to have rested following the death of Christ.
(c) A small shrine dedicated to the god Artemis.
(d) A waterfall.
2. Who seems surprised at the number of objects within the room?
3. According to Lydia, what does the Sultan constantly fear?
(b) His home guard.
4. What does Pascali think when he sees what is happening on the shoreline?
(a) That Bowles and Lydia are definitely together.
(b) That all around him, the world is preparing for violence.
(c) That the gulls are merely imitating humankind.
(d) That Smith is probably unloading guns.
5. What does Lydia think free expression does?
(a) It spills over into dangerous areas such as politics.
(b) It makes one think the impossible is possible.
(c) It encourages the irrational.
(d) It encourages imprecision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pascali need new glasses?
2. What does Pascali know about Izzet and Pasha regarding payment?
3. What does Pascali realize he loves as he loves the island?
4. What does Pascali see about the papers on the desk?
5. Instead of death, with what is Pascali concerned in this section?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)