|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What field interests Bowles as he tells Pascali?
2. For what purpose would he do the answer to question #97?
(a) To see Lydia turn away from Bowles.
(b) To get off the island.
(c) To see Bowles humiliated.
(d) To get a lot of money.
3. What does Pascali see on the shore line as he passes by?
(a) Two men pretending to fight.
(b) Two gulls fighting over a piece of crab.
(c) The fisherman Smith unloading cargo into a small boat.
(d) Lydia and Bowles searching the tide pools.
4. What does Pascali believe about harmony.
(a) That it is unobtainable.
(b) That only the dead understand harmony.
(c) That it works in music but not politics.
(d) That it cannot be attained without discord.
5. What does Bowles claim to Pasha that he has found?
(a) A letter indicating that someone else owns the land Bowles is leasing.
(b) Objects of great historical and monetary value at the site.
(c) An artifact that is from WWI that proves the Germans did occupy this island.
(d) Numerous human bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pascali and Marchant go?
2. What does Bowles say about any nation who puts self-interest before morality?
3. Who owns the lands where the Sanctuary of Artemis is located?
4. How does a lack of the true effects of lighting cause Lydia's painting to look according to Pascali?
5. According to Lydia, what does the Sultan constantly fear?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)