1. To whom is Pascali writing?
(a) His eldest daughter.
(b) The Sultan in Constantinople.
(c) The Pope.
(d) His wife.
2. How long has Pascali been a paid informer?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Almost 13 years.
(c) Nearly 20 years.
(d) A year and a half.
3. What does Pascali say he does to his stories?
(a) Fabricates them entirely.
(b) Gives as little detail as possible.
(c) Writes them exactly as they happen.
(d) Embellishes them.
4. Who has recently arrived by boat to the island?
(a) The Sultan.
(b) Anthony Bowles.
(c) Esmeralda Von Trece.
(d) No one has arrived to this God forsaken place in months.
5. What is the overarching emotion that the newcomer exudes?
6. What does Pascali think about him and this recent arrival?
(a) That they may fall in love.
(b) That they will inevitably kill each other.
(c) That they are destined never to formally meet.
(d) That their destinies are intertwined.
7. What does Pascali's salary not allow him?
(a) Fine cigars.
(b) Fine wines.
(c) A trip to the redlight district.
(d) Transportation services.
This section contains 5,693 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)