1. To whom is Pascali writing?
(a) His eldest daughter.
(b) The Sultan in Constantinople.
(c) His wife.
(d) The Pope.
2. How long has Pascali been a paid informer?
(a) Almost 13 years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) Nearly 20 years.
3. What does Pascali say he does to his stories?
(a) Gives as little detail as possible.
(b) Writes them exactly as they happen.
(c) Embellishes them.
(d) Fabricates them entirely.
4. Who has recently arrived by boat to the island?
(a) No one has arrived to this God forsaken place in months.
(b) Esmeralda Von Trece.
(c) The Sultan.
(d) Anthony Bowles.
5. What is the overarching emotion that the newcomer exudes?
6. What does Pascali think about him and this recent arrival?
(a) That they will inevitably kill each other.
(b) That their destinies are intertwined.
(c) That they are destined never to formally meet.
(d) That they may fall in love.
7. What does Pascali's salary not allow him?
(a) Fine cigars.
(b) A trip to the redlight district.
(c) Fine wines.
(d) Transportation services.
This section contains 5,693 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)