1. To whom is Pascali writing?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Sultan in Constantinople.
(c) His wife.
(d) His eldest daughter.
2. How long has Pascali been a paid informer?
(a) Nearly 20 years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A year and a half.
(d) Almost 13 years.
3. What does Pascali say he does to his stories?
(a) Gives as little detail as possible.
(b) Embellishes them.
(c) Fabricates them entirely.
(d) Writes them exactly as they happen.
4. Who has recently arrived by boat to the island?
(a) The Sultan.
(b) Anthony Bowles.
(c) No one has arrived to this God forsaken place in months.
(d) Esmeralda Von Trece.
5. What is the overarching emotion that the newcomer exudes?
6. What does Pascali think about him and this recent arrival?
(a) That their destinies are intertwined.
(b) That they will inevitably kill each other.
(c) That they may fall in love.
(d) That they are destined never to formally meet.
7. What does Pascali's salary not allow him?
(a) A trip to the redlight district.
(b) Fine cigars.
(c) Fine wines.
(d) Transportation services.
This section contains 5,693 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)