|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trevrizent tell Parzival to give him when he is going to leave again?
2. What does Orgeluse step onto before saying that she had doubt that Gawan will see her very soon?
3. What does Gawan offer to the lady who is in the field with a fallen knight?
4. Who does Parzival leave in order to seek out the Gral after being dismissed by Cundrie's sharp words?
5. Who suggests that they take refuge in the turret outside of one of the bedrooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the knight and Gawan race toward each other?
2. What is Queen Arnive vexed by at the start of this section of the book?
3. What does Parzival say when Sigune asks him how he has fared with the Gral?
4. What happens when a brawny rustic enters the room with Gawan?
5. What does Gawan do when he wakes up in the morning?
6. What is everyone overjoyed to learn from the letter that is dispatched to King Arthur's court?
7. What does Orgeluse tell Gawan he can not contemplate, which makes him all the more dedicated to her?
8. What does Gawan not tell Itonje, even as he offers his services to her to help her with her romance?
9. What does Trevrizent tell Parzival before Parzival leaves once again?
10. What does Gawan do, according to his host's instructions when he goes to the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gawan ignores the fears of the woman and tells the women that he wants to help.
Part 1: Can a knight display any fear? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think the knights are without fear?
Part 3: How do you think a person might be able to serve a Queen without being afraid?
Essay Topic 2
Obilot wants Gawan to be her knight, though she does not know what this means or what she needs to do.
Part 1: Does it seem that Obilot needs a knight?
Part 2: Why is Obilot so innocent of the things that she needs to do to have a knight?
Part 3: Do you think that Obilot and Gawan would be a good partnership?
Essay Topic 3
Antikione fights alongside Gawan, which inspires him, even though he is supposed to be helping her.
Part 1: Why do you think women did not fight often in these times?
Part 2: Why do you think Antikione helps Gawan during this period?
Part 3: How do you think Gawan's attitude changes after seeing Antikione fight?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)