|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Queen applies ________ which cause Gawan to sleep, and no one disturbs his rest, according to the book.
2. ______ mocks Gawan for imagining that he has distinguished himself because the ladies have seen the outcome of the battle.
3. Gawan's host refuses to answer any questions about the castle as they say it will bring _________ to Gawan's heart.
4. Who follows the bloody trail from the knight in order to face the opponent who ran him through?
5. What does Orgeluse step onto before saying that she had doubt that Gawan will see her very soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gawan forbid Lady Bene to tell Itonje?
2. What is strange about the duel that Gawan has to be in at the start of this section?
3. What happens when a brawny rustic enters the room with Gawan?
4. What does Orgeluse say Gawan can do in order to win her love, according to the story?
5. What does Trevrizent tell Parzival before Parzival leaves once again?
6. What happens after Parzival hears the harsh words of Cundrie?
7. What does Gawan tell Itonje after freeing Lischois and Turkoyt?
8. What does Parzival learn about the condition of Sigune when he is on his travels?
9. Who are the three ladies that Gawan is instructed to kiss as a part of his healing process?
10. What does the knight tell Gawan about Orgeluse when they ride to meet the injured knight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of the knights are reared by other people when their families die or other circumstances take place.
Part 1: Why do you think many knights are raised in other families?
Part 2: Do you think that a knight should be brought up by his own family?
Part 3: How do you think being raised by another changes the way a person is in the world?
Essay Topic 2
Gahmuret is unhappy when he realizes that he is not taking up arms for his Queen, so he sneaks away.
Part 1: What do you think the purpose of a knight is?
Part 2: Do you think you would be happy about the position of being a knight without having to take up arms?
Part 3: What is so important about fighting for someone else?
Essay Topic 3
Orilus, upon feeling his wife has been unfaithful, punishes her severely when he returns.
Part 1: Why do you think Orilus thinks his wife has been unfaithful?
Part 2: Is it right to punish someone if you don't know they're guilty?
Part 3: How do you think Orilus should have handled this situation with his wife?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)