|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gawan walk to after he wakes up and gets dressed after resting?
2. What does the brawny one release to hurt Gawan, though Gawan fights it and wins?
3. What does Orgeluse step onto before saying that she had doubt that Gawan will see her very soon?
4. What does Gawan offer to the lady who is in the field with a fallen knight?
5. What do King Vergulaht and Gawan each search for separately when they meet up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is everyone overjoyed to learn from the letter that is dispatched to King Arthur's court?
2. What does Gawan do, according to his host's instructions when he goes to the castle?
3. What does Gawan do which ignores his host's fears, according to the story?
4. What does Gawan tell Itonje after freeing Lischois and Turkoyt?
5. Where is Gawan directed to stay until the duel can begin, according to the story?
6. What does Gawan grant to King Gramoflanz after conceding the victory in the story?
7. What does Orgeluse say Gawan can do in order to win her love, according to the story?
8. What does Gawan find in a meadow one day when he is trying to find the Gral?
9. What does Gawan learn when he meets King Vegulaht at Barbigoel?
10. What does Parzival learn about the condition of Sigune when he is on his travels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gawan is challenged to judicial combat in order to work out an issue, and it would be dishonorable to refuse the challenge.
Part 1: What is judicial combat and what is an example of an issue that might be worked out in this way?
Part 2: Why do you think Gawan feels he needs to be a part of this challenge?
Part 3: What might happen if a person refused to be a part of a fight for honor?
Essay Topic 2
The knights are held in great esteem and are offered places to stay along their journey.
Part 1: Who are some of the people today that might be considered modern knights?
Part 2: How would you react if a knight came into your town and asked for a place to stay?
Part 3: Why was it important that people offered places to stay to the knights who were travelling?
Essay Topic 3
Parzival is welcomed into the knights of the Round Table after they witness his feats on the field.
Part 1: Why do you think Parzival is a special knight?
Part 2: What are some of the qualities that Parzival has that make him special?
Part 3: How do you think Parzival feels about being a knight of the Round Table?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)