|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. ______ mocks Gawan for imagining that he has distinguished himself because the ladies have seen the outcome of the battle.
2. How many knights approach Gawan alongside King Vergulaht, according to the story?
3. Where does Gawan find a motionless knight alongside, according to the description in the story?
4. Where do Orgeluse and Gawan go when she asks him to defend himself if he can as a knight?
5. Kingrimursel returns to the castle and offers his help to __________ during the skirmish.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Queen Arnive vexed by at the start of this section of the book?
2. What does the knight tell Gawan about Orgeluse when they ride to meet the injured knight?
3. What is everyone overjoyed to learn from the letter that is dispatched to King Arthur's court?
4. What happens when the knight and Gawan race toward each other?
5. Who must fight the duel in order to win the honor before Itonje, according to the story?
6. What happens when a brawny rustic enters the room with Gawan?
7. What is strange about the duel that Gawan has to be in at the start of this section?
8. What does Gawan learn when he meets King Vegulaht at Barbigoel?
9. What does Gawan do which ignores his host's fears, according to the story?
10. What does Gawan do when he wakes up in the morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Condwiramurs allows her husband to leave to visit his family as her love allows her to deny him nothing.
Part 1: Why do you think Parzival wants to leave?
Part 2: Do you think love means never denying your lover anything?
Part 3: How do think you might have responded if Parzival had asked you if he could go visit his family?
Essay Topic 2
The knights continue to leave their Queens in order to seek out the Gral.
Part 1: Why do you think the search for the Gral is more important than being a knight?
Part 2: How do you think a knight could serve their Queen and seek out the Gral?
Part 3: Do you think a knight should ever leave the side of their Queen?
Essay Topic 3
Gawan ignores the fears of the woman and tells the women that he wants to help.
Part 1: Can a knight display any fear? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think the knights are without fear?
Part 3: How do you think a person might be able to serve a Queen without being afraid?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)