|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Parzival refuses to be __________, so he sets out to pursue more hardships in his quest for the Gral.
2. Queen Arnive weeps when she hears the news of Gawan's battle and tells two ladies to see if he ____________.
(a) Has left.
(b) Has won.
(c) Has gotten the prize.
(d) Is dead.
3. King Vergulaht has promised to help __________ find the Gral as a condition of his surrender and offers the same help to Gawan.
(a) No one.
(b) King Arthur.
(d) The Red Knight.
4. Who enters into Gawan's thoughts as he is trying to heal from his wounds?
5. Who suggests that they take refuge in the turret outside of one of the bedrooms?
(b) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gawan use in order to fight off the attach from others, as given to him by Antikione?
2. What is the name of the sorcerer who has bespelled the castle where Gawan had been staying?
3. Where was the knight wounded, according to the knight's own description of the events?
4. Where do Orgeluse and Gawan go when she asks him to defend himself if he can as a knight?
5. Who secretly arms himself, even though King Arthur tries to stop a duel from happening at all?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Parzival hears the harsh words of Cundrie?
2. What does Gawan find in a meadow one day when he is trying to find the Gral?
3. What does Gawan forbid Lady Bene to tell Itonje?
4. What does Gawan grant to King Gramoflanz after conceding the victory in the story?
5. What does Trevrizent tell Parzival before Parzival leaves once again?
6. Who must fight the duel in order to win the honor before Itonje, according to the story?
7. What happens when a brawny rustic enters the room with Gawan?
8. What does Parzival say when Sigune asks him how he has fared with the Gral?
9. What does Gawan do which ignores his host's fears, according to the story?
10. What is the sight that inspires Gawan to continue fighting as well?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)