|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gawan walk to after he wakes up and gets dressed after resting?
2. ________ sneaks into a meadow where the duel is to be fought, arming himself in preparation.
(b) King Arthur.
3. _________ is the reason why the fallen knight was injured, as Gawan soon finds out.
4. What does the brawny one release to hurt Gawan, though Gawan fights it and wins?
5. Kingrimursel chides the _________ for offering violence even though Gawan was promised safe passage to the duel.
(b) Old knight.
6. What does Gawan need to get from a twig in order to prove his love to Orgeluse?
7. Who enters into Gawan's thoughts as he is trying to heal from his wounds?
8. Queen Arnive weeps when she hears the news of Gawan's battle and tells two ladies to see if he ____________.
(a) Has won.
(b) Has gotten the prize.
(c) Has left.
(d) Is dead.
9. What are thrown at the bed first when Gawan is finally able to jump over it?
10. King Gramoflanz is fighting a duel in order to win the honor before ___________, according to the story.
(a) King Arthur.
11. Where do Orgeluse and Gawan go when she asks him to defend himself if he can as a knight?
(a) Broad river.
(b) Castle turret.
12. _________ assures Gawan that her heart will always be with him, even as he leaves.
13. What is the name of the sorcerer who has bespelled the castle where Gawan had been staying?
14. Who is the person who has guarded the tree that Gawan needs to seek in order to please Orgeluse?
(a) King Gramoflanz.
(c) Red Knight.
15. Five hundred __________ seek to keep Gawan from the bed that he has been able to find.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gawan use in order to fight off the attach from others, as given to him by Antikione?
2. Trevrizent says that he will vouch for Parzival's penitence before ___________.
3. What does the host tell Gawan to do if he wants to learn more about the castle on his own?
4. Kingrimursel returns to the castle and offers his help to __________ during the skirmish.
5. What does Orgeluse step onto before saying that she had doubt that Gawan will see her very soon?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)