|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many knights approach Gawan alongside King Vergulaht, according to the story?
2. Who is the person who has guarded the tree that Gawan needs to seek in order to please Orgeluse?
(a) Red Knight.
(b) King Gramoflanz.
3. What does Gawan offer to the lady who is in the field with a fallen knight?
(a) Some food.
(b) Medical aid.
4. Where do Orgeluse and Gawan go when she asks him to defend himself if he can as a knight?
(a) Broad river.
(d) Castle turret.
5. What is the name of the sorcerer who has bespelled the castle where Gawan had been staying?
6. Parzival refuses to be __________, so he sets out to pursue more hardships in his quest for the Gral.
7. What does the host tell Gawan to do if he wants to learn more about the castle on his own?
(a) Find the Gral.
(b) Say a prayer.
(c) Arm himself.
(d) Gather an army.
8. Orgeluse tells Gawan that she hates King Gramoflanz because the king killed her ____________.
(a) First son.
(c) Her favorite knight.
(d) First husband.
9. ________ sneaks into a meadow where the duel is to be fought, arming himself in preparation.
(a) King Arthur.
10. For how long does Parzival stay with Trevrizent when he is traveling during this part of the story?
(a) One week.
(b) One moon.
(d) One month.
11. What does the knight take from Gawan in order to make up for a past trouble they shared?
12. Who is assured his comfort during the night, according to the way the story is told?
(d) King Gramoflanz.
13. The King directs Gawan to his castle where his younger ________ resides and where Gawan can take shelter until the King returns.
14. What does Gawan notice when he wakes up the next day during the first part of this section?
(b) The Gral.
(c) A book.
(d) A picture.
15. What do King Vergulaht and Gawan each search for separately when they meet up?
Short Answer Questions
1. ______ mocks Gawan for imagining that he has distinguished himself because the ladies have seen the outcome of the battle.
2. Orgeluse comes to Gawan's heart by a _________ path and enters into his waking thoughts as well.
3. Who weeps for joy when King Arthur's court arrives at the castle where he has been staying?
4. From what does Sigune receive nourishment from when she is in her current location?
5. Gawan is innocent of the charges, but he must still face the _________, at this point of the story.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)