|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the three ladies that Gawan is instructed to kiss after pledging to help Queen Arnive?
2. Who is the person who has guarded the tree that Gawan needs to seek in order to please Orgeluse?
(a) King Gramoflanz.
(b) Red Knight.
3. Trevrizent says that he will vouch for Parzival's penitence before ___________.
(a) King Arthur.
4. Where do Orgeluse and Gawan go when she asks him to defend himself if he can as a knight?
(a) Broad river.
(b) Castle turret.
5. For how long does Parzival seek out the Gral, according to this part of the story?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Four and a half years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two and a half years.
6. Queen Arnive weeps when she hears the news of Gawan's battle and tells two ladies to see if he ____________.
(a) Is dead.
(b) Has left.
(c) Has gotten the prize.
(d) Has won.
7. ______ mocks Gawan for imagining that he has distinguished himself because the ladies have seen the outcome of the battle.
(b) King Arthur.
8. Who does Gawan ask about a castle that is near to where he is staying?
(b) Lady Bene.
(c) The angler.
9. _________ is the reason why the fallen knight was injured, as Gawan soon finds out.
10. Parzival refuses to be __________, so he sets out to pursue more hardships in his quest for the Gral.
11. Who finds Antikione and Gawan together when they are alone after they meet for the first time?
(d) Old knight.
12. Five hundred __________ seek to keep Gawan from the bed that he has been able to find.
13. A brawny ________ enters the room as well with a club in his hand, ready to battle Gawan.
14. Orgeluse comes to Gawan's heart by a _________ path and enters into his waking thoughts as well.
15. Everyone laments when they realize that ________ has secretly left.
(b) King Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gawan see when he is in the castle, though it constantly dodges away from him?
2. The Queen applies ________ which cause Gawan to sleep, and no one disturbs his rest, according to the book.
3. Arnive says that the _______ show everything that is happening for miles around, when he is in the presence of it.
4. Both of the knights are knocked from their ________, according to the description of the match.
5. Gawan pledges to be Queen Arnive's __________ as she has helped him heal with the help of her medicines.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)