|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died of grief when her son left her, as Parzival finds out in this part of the story?
(a) No one.
2. _________ is the reason why the fallen knight was injured, as Gawan soon finds out.
3. Gawan is cleared of all _________ when he meets for his duel a year later.
4. Where does Gawan find a motionless knight alongside, according to the description in the story?
(a) A stone tablet.
(b) The cell by the river.
(c) River Sabins.
(d) River Thames.
5. A brawny ________ enters the room as well with a club in his hand, ready to battle Gawan.
6. The Queen applies ________ which cause Gawan to sleep, and no one disturbs his rest, according to the book.
7. Who will not tell Queen Arnive of his errand, which vexes her during the story?
8. What does Gramoflanz postpone until the next day when he hears about the duel of Gawan?
(a) Meeting Itonje.
(b) His practice.
(d) His meeting with Parvizal.
9. Both of the knights are knocked from their ________, according to the description of the match.
10. King Gramoflanz is fighting a duel in order to win the honor before ___________, according to the story.
(c) King Arthur.
11. ______ mocks Gawan for imagining that he has distinguished himself because the ladies have seen the outcome of the battle.
(a) King Arthur.
12. Orgeluse planned to entice _______ into great toil with her deceitful ways, according to the story.
(c) King Arthur.
13. Who does Gawan marry at this point of the story, though it seems surprising, given past events?
(d) No one.
14. The ladies weep to see _________ leave with Gawan, according to this part of the story.
15. Gawan's host refuses to answer any questions about the castle as they say it will bring _________ to Gawan's heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters into Gawan's thoughts as he is trying to heal from his wounds?
2. Arnive says that the _______ show everything that is happening for miles around, when he is in the presence of it.
3. Repanse de Schoye, the woman who carried the ________, is Parzival's aunt and loaned him her cloak.
4. Arnive warns Gawan against fighting _________, as this person is a formidable man.
5. What are thrown at the bed first when Gawan is finally able to jump over it?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)