|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arnive says that the _______ show everything that is happening for miles around, when he is in the presence of it.
2. What does Gramoflanz postpone until the next day when he hears about the duel of Gawan?
(b) His practice.
(c) His meeting with Parvizal.
(d) Meeting Itonje.
3. _________ forbids Lady Bene from telling Itonje that her brother is to duel her beloved.
(b) King Arthur.
4. The ladies weep to see _________ leave with Gawan, according to this part of the story.
5. What are thrown at the bed first when Gawan is finally able to jump over it?
6. Gawan's host refuses to answer any questions about the castle as they say it will bring _________ to Gawan's heart.
7. What does Gawan notice when he wakes up the next day during the first part of this section?
(a) The Gral.
(b) A picture.
(c) A book.
8. Parzival says that he has forfeited much ________ in the endeavor to seek out the Gral, as he is talking to his cousin.
9. What does Gawan need to get from a twig in order to prove his love to Orgeluse?
10. Arnive warns Gawan against fighting _________, as this person is a formidable man.
(a) King Arthur.
11. Who enters into Gawan's thoughts as he is trying to heal from his wounds?
12. Orgeluse comes to Gawan's heart by a _________ path and enters into his waking thoughts as well.
13. Who secretly arms himself, even though King Arthur tries to stop a duel from happening at all?
14. Where do Orgeluse and Gawan go when she asks him to defend himself if he can as a knight?
(a) Broad river.
(c) Castle turret.
15. Who will not tell Queen Arnive of his errand, which vexes her during the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the three ladies that Gawan is instructed to kiss after pledging to help Queen Arnive?
2. The King directs Gawan to his castle where his younger ________ resides and where Gawan can take shelter until the King returns.
3. What does the brawny one release to hurt Gawan, though Gawan fights it and wins?
4. ______ mocks Gawan for imagining that he has distinguished himself because the ladies have seen the outcome of the battle.
5. Who brings to King Gramoflanz the ring that Itonje had?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)