|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will not tell Queen Arnive of his errand, which vexes her during the story?
2. Everyone laments when they realize that ________ has secretly left.
(c) King Arthur.
3. What does Gawan use in order to fight off the attach from others, as given to him by Antikione?
(b) Chess pieces.
(c) Buckets of water.
4. The ladies weep to see _________ leave with Gawan, according to this part of the story.
5. Who does the castle rightfully belong to, according to Queen Arnive?
(a) King Arthur.
(d) No one.
6. Who suggests that they take refuge in the turret outside of one of the bedrooms?
(b) The King.
7. Who informs Parzival that it is Good Friday as he is traveling once more?
(a) Black Knight.
(b) Red Knight.
(c) Grey Knight.
(d) White Knight.
8. Arnive warns Gawan against fighting _________, as this person is a formidable man.
(b) King Arthur.
9. Orgeluse says that Gawan will only earn _______ through her when he offers his services to her.
10. Gawan and the other knight race toward each other for the _________, according to the story.
(a) The war.
(b) The army.
11. Who does Gawan ask about a castle that is near to where he is staying?
(a) The angler.
(d) Lady Bene.
12. Who died of grief when her son left her, as Parzival finds out in this part of the story?
(b) No one.
13. Who is NOT one of the three ladies that Gawan is instructed to kiss after pledging to help Queen Arnive?
14. Who brings to King Gramoflanz the ring that Itonje had?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) Lady Bene.
15. The squire cannot tell Queen Arnive about his __________ when he returns, according to the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assured his comfort during the night, according to the way the story is told?
2. Queen Arnive is also unable to find out the identity of the _________ who won the adventure at Schastel marveille.
3. Queen Arnive asks _________ to remove the cause of Itonje's grief, according to the story?
4. Who does Gawan marry at this point of the story, though it seems surprising, given past events?
5. Gawan's host refuses to answer any questions about the castle as they say it will bring _________ to Gawan's heart.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)