|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hoover warn Kennedy to stay away from?
2. Who do demonstrators kill outside the Lyceum?
3. What do Kennedy and the heads of the Civil Rights groups create in New York?
4. What does King reveal a habit of keeping?
5. What do Washington officials ban shops from selling before the march?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1960s America.
1) Why did Afro-American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does today's society share any values with 1960s America?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the demonstrations Branch describes in the book and examine how impact this event had on the Civil Rights Movements as a whole. What was the public's initial reaction to the demonstration? What media attention did it receive?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the famous people Branch depicts in the book and examine his or her impact on the Civil Rights Movement.
1) What were his or her beliefs?
2) How did he or she communicate his or her beliefs to the public?
3) What impact did he or she have on the Civil Rights movement?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)