|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Civil Rights leaders make their speeches in Washington?
2. Which comedian join the marches in Greenwood?
3. Who warns Moses to get out of the county?
4. What charges do the FBI investigate in this chapter?
5. What does Hoover use to justify investigating King?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Freedom Riders anger Kennedy in Chapter 12?
2. Why did King write letters from the Birmingham Jail?
3. Why does Hoover want Kennedy to keep away from Frank Sinatra?
4. How does Jesse Jackson cause problems for King after he wins the National Baptist elections?
5. How did Megdar Evans die?
6. What problems does Moses have in Mississippi?
7. How do Birmingham's white businessmen respond to the riots?
8. How do the police prevent the D-Day marches from entering downtown?
9. Why does King snub Kennedy?
10. Why did a hitman prove to be an embarrassment to the government?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do King's Christian beliefs influence his approach to fighting racism? Why did people think that King's approach was direct enough?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro-Americans? What was life like for Afro-Americans before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 3
How important was King's education? Would the Civil Rights movement have worked without educated leaders? How difficult was it for black people to get an education in America before Civil Rights?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)