|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kennedy sign the Civil Rights Racial Discrimination Bill?
2. Where does Kennedy's administration think Levison is from?
3. What did the police bring out when they decided the hoses were not enough?
4. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
5. What do the police use on the students to keep them out of the downtown area?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kennedy create the Voter Education Project?
2. Why is the Washington march so important to the movement?
3. How did Megdar Evans die?
4. How does Hoover keep an eye on King in this chapter?
5. How do the Freedom Riders anger Kennedy in Chapter 12?
6. How do Birmingham's white businessmen respond to the riots?
7. Why does King snub Kennedy?
8. How does the Albany Movement try to recover its momentum in this chapter?
9. Why does Moses file a federal suit against Robert Kennedy and Hoover?
10. How does Jesse Jackson cause problems for King after he wins the National Baptist elections?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and outline King's thoughts on the subject. Use your own ideas to argue whether you think King is right or wrong.
2) Non-violent protests
Essay Topic 2
Why was it the right time to boycott the buses? How did the black community spread the word that they were boycotting the buses? How did the media respond to the bus boycott?
Essay Topic 3
Examine racism in America. How much has it changed since the Civil Rights Movement? How much do the students think Martin Luther King was responsible for that change? In what forms does racism still exist in America today?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)