|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Seigenthaler when Kennedy calls him?
2. What charges do the FBI investigate in this chapter?
3. What does King reveal a habit of keeping?
4. What is Slater King's job?
5. Why did the sheriff shoot a black man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Birmingham's white businessmen respond to the riots?
2. How does Jesse Jackson cause problems for King after he wins the National Baptist elections?
3. Why does Moses file a federal suit against Robert Kennedy and Hoover?
4. How did Megdar Evans die?
5. How does the Albany Movement try to recover its momentum in this chapter?
6. How do the Freedom Riders enrage the Albany sheriff?
7. Why did a hitman prove to be an embarrassment to the government?
8. What deal does King make with Robert Kennedy in this chapter?
9. How does the city respond to the Albany Movement's manifesto?
10. Why does Hoover want Kennedy to keep away from Frank Sinatra?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the connotations of the word "nigger."
1) What is its original meaning and what has it come to mean?
2) Why is it now considered so wrong to use?
3) Do you think the word has become too powerful?
Essay Topic 2
Examine racism in America. How much has it changed since the Civil Rights Movement? How much do the students think Martin Luther King was responsible for that change? In what forms does racism still exist in America today?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Martin Luther King and President Kennedy.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) How can they work together to combat racism?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)