|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the hitman share a mistress with?
2. Who does King think will win the National Baptist Conference elections?
3. What do Kennedy and the heads of the Civil Rights groups create in New York?
4. What did the police bring out when they decided the hoses were not enough?
5. What reason does the sheriff give for shooting the black man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did King write letters from the Birmingham Jail?
2. What is the Albany Movement?
3. How do the police prevent the D-Day marches from entering downtown?
4. What problems does Moses have in Mississippi?
5. How does Moses react to the sheriff attacking him in Chapter 13?
6. How do the Freedom Riders enrage the Albany sheriff?
7. What changes does Megdar Evans try to implement in Jackson, Mississippi?
8. How does Jesse Jackson cause problems for King after he wins the National Baptist elections?
9. Why does Moses file a federal suit against Robert Kennedy and Hoover?
10. What does the New Orleans article accuse O'Dell of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did President Kennedy represent great hope for Afro-Americans? How did his death affect the Afro-American community? How do you think things would have been different if President Kennedy had lived?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Martin Luther King and President Kennedy.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) How can they work together to combat racism?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of 1960s America.
1) Why did Afro-American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does today's society share any values with 1960s America?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)