|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sam Block arrested for?
2. What does Kennedy want the Freedom Riders to do?
3. Who did the hitman share a mistress with?
4. What does Bull Connors fire at the church congregation?
5. What does A New Orleans newspaper accuse O'Dell of being a member of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kennedy create the Voter Education Project?
2. How does Hoover keep an eye on King in this chapter?
3. Why did King write letters from the Birmingham Jail?
4. How do the police prevent the D-Day marches from entering downtown?
5. How does the city respond to the Albany Movement's manifesto?
6. What does the New Orleans article accuse O'Dell of?
7. What problems does Moses have in Mississippi?
8. How does Moses react to the sheriff attacking him in Chapter 13?
9. Why is the Washington march so important to the movement?
10. How do the Freedom Riders enrage the Albany sheriff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and outline King's thoughts on the subject. Use your own ideas to argue whether you think King is right or wrong.
2) Non-violent protests
Essay Topic 2
Why was it the right time to boycott the buses? How did the black community spread the word that they were boycotting the buses? How did the media respond to the bus boycott?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of 1960s America.
1) Why did Afro-American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does today's society share any values with 1960s America?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)