|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Moses to get out of the county?
2. What does a restaurant owner set off in Sam Block's face?
3. What does King reveal a habit of keeping?
4. What reason does the sheriff give for shooting the black man?
5. Where is the SCLC convention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoover want Kennedy to keep away from Frank Sinatra?
2. How do the police prevent the D-Day marches from entering downtown?
3. How does Moses react to the sheriff attacking him in Chapter 13?
4. What problems does Moses have in Mississippi?
5. How did Megdar Evans die?
6. Why did King write letters from the Birmingham Jail?
7. How do the Freedom Riders anger Kennedy in Chapter 12?
8. How do Birmingham's white businessmen respond to the riots?
9. How does Jesse Jackson cause problems for King after he wins the National Baptist elections?
10. Why is the Washington march so important to the movement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important was King's education? Would the Civil Rights movement have worked without educated leaders? How difficult was it for black people to get an education in America before Civil Rights?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro-Americans? What was life like for Afro-Americans before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine how they helped to bridge the racial gap.
1) Freedom Riders.
3) President Kennedy.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)