|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kennedy meet the heads of the Civil Rights groups?
2. What was Guy Carawan arrested for trying to enter?
3. What does A New Orleans newspaper accuse O'Dell of being a member of?
4. What does Hoover use to justify investigating King?
5. What did the police bring out when they decided the hoses were not enough?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does King snub Kennedy?
2. How does the city respond to the Albany Movement's manifesto?
3. What problems does Moses have in Mississippi?
4. How does the Albany Movement try to recover its momentum in this chapter?
5. What is the Albany Movement?
6. How does Jesse Jackson cause problems for King after he wins the National Baptist elections?
7. How does Moses react to the sheriff attacking him in Chapter 13?
8. Why is the Washington march so important to the movement?
9. How do the Freedom Riders anger Kennedy in Chapter 12?
10. Why did King write letters from the Birmingham Jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do King's Christian beliefs influence his approach to fighting racism? Why did people think that King's approach was direct enough?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro-Americans? What was life like for Afro-Americans before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following people and outline his influence on Martin Luther King's life and ideas.
2) Vernon Johns
3) President Kennedy
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)