|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annell Ponder teach?
2. What is Moses struggling to find in this chapter?
3. Where does Kennedy meet the heads of the Civil Rights groups?
4. Who does Hoover warn Kennedy to stay away from?
5. Who warns Moses to get out of the county?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does King snub Kennedy?
2. Why does Hoover want Kennedy to keep away from Frank Sinatra?
3. What problems does Moses have in Mississippi?
4. How did Megdar Evans die?
5. How do the Freedom Riders anger Kennedy in Chapter 12?
6. What deal does King make with Robert Kennedy in this chapter?
7. Why did a hitman prove to be an embarrassment to the government?
8. How does Hoover keep an eye on King in this chapter?
9. How does Jesse Jackson cause problems for King after he wins the National Baptist elections?
10. What changes does Megdar Evans try to implement in Jackson, Mississippi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Branch's writing style. How would you describe his prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Branch's style give to his story?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro-Americans? What was life like for Afro-Americans before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and outline King's thoughts on the subject. Use your own ideas to argue whether you think King is right or wrong.
2) Non-violent protests
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)