|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
2. What do Kennedy and the heads of the Civil Rights groups create in New York?
3. Where is the SCLC convention?
4. What newspaper was the reporter in the church in Mississippi from?
5. Who does King think will win the National Baptist Conference elections?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoover want Kennedy to keep away from Frank Sinatra?
2. What is the Albany Movement?
3. Why did King write letters from the Birmingham Jail?
4. How do Birmingham's white businessmen respond to the riots?
5. How do the Freedom Riders enrage the Albany sheriff?
6. How does the Albany Movement try to recover its momentum in this chapter?
7. How do the Freedom Riders anger Kennedy in Chapter 12?
8. What changes does Megdar Evans try to implement in Jackson, Mississippi?
9. How does Moses react to the sheriff attacking him in Chapter 13?
10. How did Megdar Evans die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Martin Luther King and President Kennedy.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) How can they work together to combat racism?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine how they helped to bridge the racial gap.
1) Freedom Riders.
3) President Kennedy.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and outline King's thoughts on the subject. Use your own ideas to argue whether you think King is right or wrong.
2) Non-violent protests
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)