Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King's lawyer?
2. Where is Medgar Evans shot?
3. What does a man fracture when he falls over in a scuffle?
4. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
5. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
Essay Topic 1
How do King's Christian beliefs influence his approach to fighting racism? Why did people think that King's approach was direct enough?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the famous people Branch depicts in the book and examine his or her impact on the Civil Rights Movement.
1) What were his or her beliefs?
2) How did he or she communicate his or her beliefs to the public?
3) What impact did he or she have on the Civil Rights movement?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Branch's writing style. How would you describe his prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Branch's style give to his story?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)