|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kennedy want to register in the South?
2. Who did the government hire a hitman to kill?
3. What does King reveal a habit of keeping?
4. In what city does King gather thousands of dollars of donations?
5. What is the name of King's lawyer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiographical formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can Branch express in an autobiography that he can't in a novel? How does Branch use these limitations to his advantage?
Essay Topic 2
Why was it the right time to boycott the buses? How did the black community spread the word that they were boycotting the buses? How did the media respond to the bus boycott?
Essay Topic 3
Examine King's upbringing and write 500 words about how his upbringing molded him into the strong and influential leader he became.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)