|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kennedy meet the heads of the Civil Rights groups?
2. At what college does King take a temporary position?
3. Who does Moses use his one phone call to call?
4. In what city does King gather thousands of dollars of donations?
5. What is C.B King's job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the famous people Branch depicts in the book and examine his or her impact on the Civil Rights Movement.
1) What were his or her beliefs?
2) How did he or she communicate his or her beliefs to the public?
3) What impact did he or she have on the Civil Rights movement?
Essay Topic 2
How do King's Christian beliefs influence his approach to fighting racism? Why did people think that King's approach was direct enough?
Essay Topic 3
Why was it the right time to boycott the buses? How did the black community spread the word that they were boycotting the buses? How did the media respond to the bus boycott?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)