Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King's lawyer?
2. Where is Medgar Evans shot?
3. What does a man fracture when he falls over in a scuffle?
4. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
5. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Branch uses other people in the story to express her ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Why have the police been accused of racism in the past? Have the police shown a similar attitude to poor people and minorities in general or has their attitude been particularly bad towards the blacks? How have the police force tried to combat racism?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine how they helped to bridge the racial gap.
1) Freedom Riders.
3) President Kennedy.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)