Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King's lawyer?
2. Where is Medgar Evans shot?
3. What does a man fracture when he falls over in a scuffle?
4. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
5. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
Look at the structure of the book.
1) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's ideas?
2) Examine the way Branch uses other people in the story to express her ideas.
Choose one of the following people and outline his influence on Martin Luther King's life and ideas.
2) Vernon Johns
3) President Kennedy
Identify the main themes of the book. Why do you think these themes are so important to the book? How does Branch use character and setting to express his themes?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)