|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King's lawyer?
2. Where is Medgar Evans shot?
3. What does a man fracture when he falls over in a scuffle?
4. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
5. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the connotations of the word "nigger."
1) What is its original meaning and what has it come to mean?
2) Why is it now considered so wrong to use?
3) Do you think the word has become too powerful?
Essay Topic 2
Examine King's upbringing and write 500 words about how his upbringing molded him into the strong and influential leader he became.
Essay Topic 3
How do King's Christian beliefs influence his approach to fighting racism? Why did people think that King's approach was direct enough?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)