|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Burke Marshall appointed head of?
2. What kind of army does King build?
3. In whose yard does a bomb explode in this chapter?
4. What kind of people did the Dexter Avenue Church attract?
5. What do the Alabama police charge King with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
2. How does King change Dexter church?
3. What does Clayton Powell threaten to do if King does not call off plans to picket the Democratic convention?
4. How did the First Baptist Church of Montgomery and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church form?
5. How does King prove himself innocent of the tax charges?
6. What surprises King about the Crozer Theological Seminary?
7. What dilemma did King's relationship with Betty pose?
8. How did Mike King improve himself so he could date Alberta Williams?
9. Why is the phone call Robert Kennedy makes to a judge potentially dangerous to his career?
10. How does Belafonte prove a good running mate for Kennedy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important was King's education? Would the Civil Rights movement have worked without educated leaders? How difficult was it for black people to get an education in America before Civil Rights?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Civil Rights Movement improve life for Afro-Americans? What was life like for Afro-Americans before the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following people and outline his influence on Martin Luther King's life and ideas.
2) Vernon Johns
3) President Kennedy
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)