Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert Kennedy begin to shy away from King?
2. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
3. What was Williams' father's job?
4. Where did King's four friends go on trial?
5. What kind of commitee does the Nashville mayor appoint?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the city taxi drivers try to help out the local Negroes?
2. How does Moses react to the sheriff attacking him in Chapter 13?
3. Describe how the Dialectical Society King starts at Boston College.
4. How did Megdar Evans die?
5. Why is the Washington march so important to the movement?
6. What does Kennedy ask business officials to do?
7. How do the police try to stop the carpool drivers?
8. How does King disappoint his father in this chapter?
9. What surprises King about the Crozer Theological Seminary?
10. What were the differences between the First Baptist Church and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss differences between the novel and autobiographical formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can Branch express in an autobiography that he can't in a novel? How does Branch use these limitations to his advantage?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the book. Why do you think these themes are so important to the book? How does Branch use character and setting to express his themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following people and outline his influence on Martin Luther King's life and ideas.
2) Vernon Johns
3) President Kennedy
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)