|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Moses drop out of graduate school?
2. Which of the following is a title of one of John's sermons?
3. Who does Kennedy select as his running mate?
4. What grade does Mike have to start in a high school?
5. Where is Ralph Abernathy the pastor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King disappoint his father in this chapter?
2. How did Rockefeller change the school?
3. How did the Rockefellers become involved with the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
4. How did the movie theaters in Nashville react to people protesting outside?
5. How do sit-ins start to become popular across the country?
6. What surprises King about the Crozer Theological Seminary?
7. How did Mike King improve himself so he could date Alberta Williams?
8. What happens when a girl refuses to move from her seat on the bus?
9. What dilemma did King's relationship with Betty pose?
10. Why is the phone call Robert Kennedy makes to a judge potentially dangerous to his career?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of 1960s America.
1) Why did Afro-American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does today's society share any values with 1960s America?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Martin Luther King and President Kennedy.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) How can they work together to combat racism?
Essay Topic 3
Examine King's upbringing and write 500 words about how his upbringing molded him into the strong and influential leader he became.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)