|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King associate pool tables with?
2. Whose vote does Robert Kennedy worry his brother is losing?
3. What kind of people did the Dexter Avenue Church attract?
4. What does Crozier Theological Seminary have in its basement rec room?
5. What does the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary change their name to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the city taxi drivers try to help out the local Negroes?
2. Describe Vernon's character.
3. How did the Rockefellers become involved with the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
4. How did the movie theaters in Nashville react to people protesting outside?
5. How do the police try to stop the carpool drivers?
6. What does Clayton Powell threaten to do if King does not call off plans to picket the Democratic convention?
7. How does King's Civil Rights work affect his preaching?
8. How does King meet Vice President Nixon?
9. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
10. What happens when a girl refuses to move from her seat on the bus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Martin Luther King and President Kennedy.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) How can they work together to combat racism?
Essay Topic 2
Why have the police been accused of racism in the past? Have the police shown a similar attitude to poor people and minorities in general or has their attitude been particularly bad towards the blacks? How have the police force tried to combat racism?
Essay Topic 3
Examine King's upbringing and write 500 words about how his upbringing molded him into the strong and influential leader he became.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)