|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert Kennedy begin to shy away from King?
2. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
3. What was Williams' father's job?
4. Where did King's four friends go on trial?
5. What kind of commitee does the Nashville mayor appoint?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the city taxi drivers try to help out the local Negroes?
2. How does Moses react to the sheriff attacking him in Chapter 13?
3. Describe how the Dialectical Society King starts at Boston College.
4. How did Megdar Evans die?
5. Why is the Washington march so important to the movement?
6. What does Kennedy ask business officials to do?
7. How do the police try to stop the carpool drivers?
8. How does King disappoint his father in this chapter?
9. What surprises King about the Crozer Theological Seminary?
10. What were the differences between the First Baptist Church and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
Essay Topic 1
How do King's Christian beliefs influence his approach to fighting racism? Why did people think that King's approach was direct enough?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of 1960s America.
1) Why did Afro-American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does today's society share any values with 1960s America?
Essay Topic 3
How important was King's education? Would the Civil Rights movement have worked without educated leaders? How difficult was it for black people to get an education in America before Civil Rights?
This section contains 1,368 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)