|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Juanita Sellers from?
2. What does Lewis write a list about for protesters?
3. Who takes over the running of the carpool?
4. What did W.E.B Du Bois found?
5. What does King tell everyone to avoid as Christmas approaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dilemma did King's relationship with Betty pose?
2. How does King disappoint his father in this chapter?
3. How did Mike King improve himself so he could date Alberta Williams?
4. What does Clayton Powell threaten to do if King does not call off plans to picket the Democratic convention?
5. Describe how the Dialectical Society King starts at Boston College.
6. How does King meet Vice President Nixon?
7. How does King change Dexter church?
8. Why did the girl decide not to take the bus company to the courts?
9. How does King find the task of writing a book?
10. How did Reverend Williams benefit from the education provided at Morehouse College?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why have the police been accused of racism in the past? Have the police shown a similar attitude to poor people and minorities in general or has their attitude been particularly bad towards the blacks? How have the police force tried to combat racism?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Martin Luther King and President Kennedy.
1) In what ways are their ideas different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) How can they work together to combat racism?
Essay Topic 3
Examine King's upbringing and write 500 words about how his upbringing molded him into the strong and influential leader he became.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)