|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Democratic candidate in the 1960 presidential election?
2. Who takes over the running of the carpool?
3. In which government building does King meet Nixon?
4. What African country does King fly to?
5. Whose philosophy does Harris Wofford follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Vernon's character.
2. How does Belafonte prove a good running mate for Kennedy?
3. How does King prove himself innocent of the tax charges?
4. What dilemma did King's relationship with Betty pose?
5. What happens when a girl refuses to move from her seat on the bus?
6. Why did the girl decide not to take the bus company to the courts?
7. What happens to the Freedom Rider's Greyhound bus in Chapter 11?
8. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
9. Describe how the Dialectical Society King starts at Boston College.
10. How did the city taxi drivers try to help out the local Negroes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and outline King's thoughts on the subject. Use your own ideas to argue whether you think King is right or wrong.
2) Non-violent protests
Essay Topic 2
Examine King's upbringing and write 500 words about how his upbringing molded him into the strong and influential leader he became.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of 1960s America.
1) Why did Afro-American politics come to the fore during this time ?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period?
3) Does today's society share any values with 1960s America?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)