|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does King complain to about police brutality?
(a) President Kennedy
(b) The Justice Department
(c) The CIA
(d) The Police Department
2. Who does the Chamber of Congress President in Birmingham want to get rid of?
(a) The sheriff
(b) The police commissioner
(c) The mayor
(d) The governor
3. Who did the government hire a hitman to kill?
(a) Malcolm X
4. What is the name of King's lawyer?
(a) David Regan
(b) Hunter Davis
(c) James Evans
(d) Paul Loretti
5. What have the authorities closed in Birmingham?
(a) City Parks
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes place in October of 1962?
2. In what city does King gather thousands of dollars of donations?
3. What does Bull Connors fire at the church congregation?
4. What does King reveal a habit of keeping?
5. What is C.B King's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does King snub Kennedy?
2. What is the Albany Movement?
3. Why is the Washington march so important to the movement?
4. Why does Hoover want Kennedy to keep away from Frank Sinatra?
5. How does Kennedy create the Voter Education Project?
6. What changes does Megdar Evans try to implement in Jackson, Mississippi?
7. How does Jesse Jackson cause problems for King after he wins the National Baptist elections?
8. What problems does Moses have in Mississippi?
9. What does the New Orleans article accuse O'Dell of?
10. How do the Freedom Riders enrage the Albany sheriff?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)