|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hartman Turnbow the first Negro to do in Holmes County?
(a) Register to vote
(b) Join the NAACP
(c) Join the Free Riders
(d) Arrest a white man
2. Which comedian join the marches in Greenwood?
(a) Bill Crosby
(b) Richard Pryor
(c) Dick Gregory
(d) Lenny Bruce
3. What does Annell Ponder teach?
4. What does a restaurant owner set off in Sam Block's face?
(a) A fire extinguisher
(b) A nail bomb
(c) A petrol bomb
(d) A fire hose
5. Why did Hoover and Kennedy never get along?
(a) Hoover was a racist
(b) Kennedy thought he was superior
(c) Hoover was a Communist
(d) Hoover thought he was superior
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kennedy sign the Civil Rights Racial Discrimination Bill?
2. What does the judge charge the sheriff with?
3. What did the police bring out when they decided the hoses were not enough?
4. Who did the hitman share a mistress with?
5. What does Kennedy want the Freedom Riders to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jesse Jackson cause problems for King after he wins the National Baptist elections?
2. Why does Hoover want Kennedy to keep away from Frank Sinatra?
3. How do Birmingham's white businessmen respond to the riots?
4. Why does King snub Kennedy?
5. Why is the Washington march so important to the movement?
6. Why does Moses file a federal suit against Robert Kennedy and Hoover?
7. How do the Freedom Riders enrage the Albany sheriff?
8. How do the police prevent the D-Day marches from entering downtown?
9. How did Megdar Evans die?
10. What does the New Orleans article accuse O'Dell of?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)