|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hartman Turnbow the first Negro to do in Holmes County?
(a) Join the Free Riders
(b) Register to vote
(c) Join the NAACP
(d) Arrest a white man
2. What takes place in October of 1962?
(a) Presidential Elections
(b) The Los Angeles Riots
(c) The Cuban Missile Crisis
(d) The Harlem Riots
3. Who does the Chamber of Congress President in Birmingham want to get rid of?
(a) The governor
(b) The police commissioner
(c) The mayor
(d) The sheriff
4. What does Annell Ponder teach?
5. Why did the sheriff shoot a black man?
(a) For drinking on the streets
(b) For flirting with a Negro mistress
(c) For swearing at him
(d) For flirting with a white prostitute
Short Answer Questions
1. What charges do the FBI investigate in this chapter?
2. Which comedian join the marches in Greenwood?
3. What reason does the sheriff give for shooting the black man?
4. Where is Medgar Evans shot?
5. Where is the SCLC convention?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moses react to the sheriff attacking him in Chapter 13?
2. Why did a hitman prove to be an embarrassment to the government?
3. Why does King snub Kennedy?
4. What changes does Megdar Evans try to implement in Jackson, Mississippi?
5. How does Jesse Jackson cause problems for King after he wins the National Baptist elections?
6. How do Birmingham's white businessmen respond to the riots?
7. What problems does Moses have in Mississippi?
8. How do the police prevent the D-Day marches from entering downtown?
9. How does Hoover keep an eye on King in this chapter?
10. How does the Albany Movement try to recover its momentum in this chapter?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)