|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house did King go to after a rally in Los Angeles?
(a) Sammy Davis'
(b) Dean Martin's
(c) Burt Lancaster's
(d) Frank Sinatra's
2. What do the police use on the students to keep them out of the downtown area?
(a) Machine guns
(b) Rabid dogs
(c) Laughing gas
(d) Fire hoses
3. Where do the Civil Rights leaders make their speeches in Washington?
(a) The Lincoln Memorial
(b) Outside the White House
(c) The Korean War Memorial
(d) The Washington Memorial
4. Where is Seigenthaler when Kennedy calls him?
5. When does Kennedy sign the Civil Rights Racial Discrimination Bill?
(b) Easter Sunday
(c) New Year's Day
(d) Independence Day
Short Answer Questions
1. What is C.B King's job?
2. What does the judge charge the sheriff with?
3. Who do demonstrators kill outside the Lyceum?
4. Who does King complain to about police brutality?
5. What is Sam Block arrested for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jesse Jackson cause problems for King after he wins the National Baptist elections?
2. Why did King write letters from the Birmingham Jail?
3. How did Megdar Evans die?
4. How does the Albany Movement try to recover its momentum in this chapter?
5. How do Birmingham's white businessmen respond to the riots?
6. What deal does King make with Robert Kennedy in this chapter?
7. Why does Moses file a federal suit against Robert Kennedy and Hoover?
8. How do the Freedom Riders enrage the Albany sheriff?
9. How does Moses react to the sheriff attacking him in Chapter 13?
10. Why is the Washington march so important to the movement?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)