|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of King's lawyer?
(a) Hunter Davis
(b) David Regan
(c) Paul Loretti
(d) James Evans
2. What does Kennedy want to register in the South?
(a) White votes
(b) Negro votes
(c) Children's votes
(d) Female votes
3. What does Annell Ponder teach?
4. Which comedian join the marches in Greenwood?
(a) Dick Gregory
(b) Richard Pryor
(c) Bill Crosby
(d) Lenny Bruce
5. Where is the SCLC convention?
(c) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Kennedy and the heads of the Civil Rights groups create in New York?
2. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
3. What reason does the sheriff give for shooting the black man?
4. What takes place in October of 1962?
5. Where does King write his speech for the Washington march?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Freedom Riders anger Kennedy in Chapter 12?
2. How does Kennedy create the Voter Education Project?
3. How do the police prevent the D-Day marches from entering downtown?
4. Why did a hitman prove to be an embarrassment to the government?
5. Why did King write letters from the Birmingham Jail?
6. How does Hoover keep an eye on King in this chapter?
7. Why is the Washington march so important to the movement?
8. What problems does Moses have in Mississippi?
9. What changes does Megdar Evans try to implement in Jackson, Mississippi?
10. How do the Freedom Riders enrage the Albany sheriff?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)