|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
2. What charges do the FBI investigate in this chapter?
(a) Police brutality
3. What does King lead a mall to the courthouse to do?
4. What do Washington officials ban shops from selling before the march?
5. What do Kennedy and the heads of the Civil Rights groups create in New York?
(a) The Voter Education Project
(b) The Civil Rights Bill
(c) The Freedom Ride Project
(d) The Education for All Project
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the SCLC convention?
2. What is Jack O'Dell the director of?
3. Where does King write his speech for the Washington march?
4. Why did the sheriff shoot a black man?
5. What does Kennedy want to register in the South?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Birmingham's white businessmen respond to the riots?
2. How does Kennedy create the Voter Education Project?
3. Why does Hoover want Kennedy to keep away from Frank Sinatra?
4. How do the Freedom Riders anger Kennedy in Chapter 12?
5. How do the police prevent the D-Day marches from entering downtown?
6. How does the city respond to the Albany Movement's manifesto?
7. How does Moses react to the sheriff attacking him in Chapter 13?
8. How do the Freedom Riders enrage the Albany sheriff?
9. How does Jesse Jackson cause problems for King after he wins the National Baptist elections?
10. How does the Albany Movement try to recover its momentum in this chapter?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)