|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mike King's father do for a living?
(c) Shop keeper
2. Where is Hartsfield the mayor?
(c) New York
3. Why did the fare increase do little to help the bus company's financial problems?
(a) There were no Negro riders
(b) It was Christmas
(c) People stopped riding them all together.
(d) People insisted on paying the old fares
4. What country does Betty's family come from?
5. What kind of school is Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
(a) A White school for girls
(b) A Nunnery
(c) A Negro school for girls
(d) A Catholic school for girls
Short Answer Questions
1. What African country does King fly to?
2. Who does Daddy King want Martin Luther King, Jr. to marry?
3. What does King organize to help people get to work?
4. Where does Faubus fly to to talk to Eisenhower?
5. What did James B. Pritchard teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the governor of Montgomery react to students trying to get served at the state capitol building lunch counter?
2. How does King disappoint his father in this chapter?
3. Why is Robert Kennedy furious that his brother contacts Coretta King?
4. How did the city taxi drivers try to help out the local Negroes?
5. Describe how the Dialectical Society King starts at Boston College.
6. How did McCall fail the second sermon?
7. What dilemma did King's relationship with Betty pose?
8. What were the differences between the First Baptist Church and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
9. Why is the phone call Robert Kennedy makes to a judge potentially dangerous to his career?
10. How did the movie theaters in Nashville react to people protesting outside?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)