|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King organize to help people get to work?
(a) A freedom bus
(b) Freedom trains
(c) A carpool
(d) Horse and carts
2. Why is the girl unsuitable for public scrutiny?
(a) She is too young
(b) She is mentally disturbed
(c) The KKK are threatening her
(d) She is pregnant
3. Where is Ralph Abernathy the pastor?
(a) The Second Baptist
(c) The First Baptist
4. What did James B. Pritchard teach?
(b) The Old Testament
(c) The New Testament
(d) Negro literature
5. Why did Moses drop out of graduate school?
(a) To care for his mother
(b) To care for his father
(c) To travel
(d) To become a Civil Right leader
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a title of one of John's sermons?
2. What did Martin Luther King initially intend to train for?
3. In what newspaper does Rustin run an ad to help Martin Luther King?
4. What is the name of Williams' daughter?
5. Where is Juanita Sellers from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the Dialectical Society King starts at Boston College.
2. How did Reverend Williams benefit from the education provided at Morehouse College?
3. How did Johns cause problems for the Dexter Avenue Church?
4. How does Belafonte prove a good running mate for Kennedy?
5. How did the Rockefellers become involved with the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
6. How did the First Baptist Church of Montgomery and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church form?
7. How does King's Civil Rights work affect his preaching?
8. How does the governor of Montgomery react to students trying to get served at the state capitol building lunch counter?
9. How did Rockefeller change the school?
10. Describe Vernon's character.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)