|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police convict Rosa Parks of?
(a) Dealing drugs
(b) Drinking in a public place
(c) Promoting Communism
(d) Breaking segregation laws
2. What organization does King join in this chapter?
3. What kind of school is Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
(a) A Catholic school for girls
(b) A Nunnery
(c) A Negro school for girls
(d) A White school for girls
4. What did the Dexter Avenue Church find it difficult to find?
(b) A church
(c) A congregation
(d) Suitable preachers
5. Why did Moses drop out of graduate school?
(a) To care for his mother
(b) To become a Civil Right leader
(c) To travel
(d) To care for his father
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a title of one of John's sermons?
2. Who takes over the running of the carpool?
3. Where does King study for his doctorate?
4. What does Diane Nash refuse to do?
5. What did the manager turn on with Lewis and Bevel locked inside the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the phone call Robert Kennedy makes to a judge potentially dangerous to his career?
2. How did the Rockefellers become involved with the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
3. How did Mike King improve himself so he could date Alberta Williams?
4. How did Johns cause problems for the Dexter Avenue Church?
5. How does the governor of Montgomery react to students trying to get served at the state capitol building lunch counter?
6. How does King find the task of writing a book?
7. How did the First Baptist Church of Montgomery and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church form?
8. How did Reverend Williams benefit from the education provided at Morehouse College?
9. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
10. How does King counteract Clayton Powell's threat?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)