|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of school is Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
(a) A Nunnery
(b) A White school for girls
(c) A Catholic school for girls
(d) A Negro school for girls
2. Who takes over the running of the carpool?
(a) Bob Moses
(b) Jack O'Dell
(c) Rufus Lewis
(d) Vernon Johns
3. What did Johns like to talk about in his sermons?
(b) World War II
(c) Racial discrimination
4. Who does Nixon choose as his running mate?
(a) Henry Kissinger
(b) Lyndon Johnson
(c) Gerald Ford
(d) Henry Cabot Lodge
5. What kind of army does King build?
(a) A guerilla army
(b) A violent army
(c) A terrorist army
(d) A non-violent army
Short Answer Questions
1. What driving offense do the police arrest King for?
2. Who is Martin Luther King competing for a position at Dexter church with?
3. What does Lewis write a list about for protesters?
4. What was King given a twelve-month suspended sentence for?
5. What does the waitress pour over Lewis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rockefeller change the school?
2. What happens to the Freedom Rider's Greyhound bus in Chapter 11?
3. How does Belafonte prove a good running mate for Kennedy?
4. What were the differences between the First Baptist Church and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
5. How do the police try to stop the carpool drivers?
6. What changes does Megdar Evans try to implement in Jackson, Mississippi?
7. How does King disappoint his father in this chapter?
8. How did Reverend Williams benefit from the education provided at Morehouse College?
9. What does Clayton Powell threaten to do if King does not call off plans to picket the Democratic convention?
10. How does the governor of Montgomery react to students trying to get served at the state capitol building lunch counter?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)