|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Powell say he will claim King is having an affair with?
(a) Malcolm X
2. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
(c) Coretta King
3. Which of the following is a title of one of John's sermons?
(a) Blacks and White its All Alright
(b) Down and Out and Almost Dead
(c) People are Born to Hate
(d) It's Safe to Murder Negroes in Montgomery
4. What kind of army does King build?
(a) A non-violent army
(b) A terrorist army
(c) A violent army
(d) A guerilla army
5. Who is Martin Luther King competing for a position at Dexter church with?
(a) Alan McNamus
(b) Vernon Johns
(c) Jack White
(d) Walter McCall
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo Ann Robinson teach at Alabama?
2. What does a mob throw through the back window of a bus?
3. Who does Robert Kennedy telephone in this chapter?
4. What do the Alabama police charge King with?
5. What does King tell everyone to avoid as Christmas approaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King find the task of writing a book?
2. How does King counteract Clayton Powell's threat?
3. How do sit-ins start to become popular across the country?
4. What happens to John Lewis when he tries to order hamburgers at a bar?
5. What does Robert Kennedy declare in his speech in Georgia?
6. How did Reverend Williams benefit from the education provided at Morehouse College?
7. What dilemma did King's relationship with Betty pose?
8. How does King change Dexter church?
9. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
10. How did the movie theaters in Nashville react to people protesting outside?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)