|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
(a) Coretta King
2. What did the Dexter Avenue Church find it difficult to find?
(b) Suitable preachers
(c) A congregation
(d) A church
3. What does Diane Nash refuse to do?
(a) Leave a restaurant
(c) Give up her seat
(d) Pay her fine
4. What does King tell everyone to avoid as Christmas approaches?
(a) Christmas shopping
(d) The KKK
5. Who is the candidate for the Republicans in the 1960 presidential election?
(a) Gerald Ford
(b) Robert Kennedy
(c) Lyndon Johnson
(d) Richard Nixon
Short Answer Questions
1. What was King given a twelve-month suspended sentence for?
2. What does the city council approve in an attempt to improve the bus company's financial troubles?
3. In which government building does King meet Nixon?
4. Who was Dexter's preacher after Johns?
5. What did King have to work on as well as working on church business?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mike King improve himself so he could date Alberta Williams?
2. What dilemma did King's relationship with Betty pose?
3. What were the differences between the First Baptist Church and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
4. How did Johns cause problems for the Dexter Avenue Church?
5. How did the First Baptist Church of Montgomery and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church form?
6. What happens when a girl refuses to move from her seat on the bus?
7. How does the governor of Montgomery react to students trying to get served at the state capitol building lunch counter?
8. Why did the girl decide not to take the bus company to the courts?
9. What does Robert Kennedy declare in his speech in Georgia?
10. How does King change Dexter church?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)