|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Martin Luther King competing for a position at Dexter church with?
(a) Vernon Johns
(b) Jack White
(c) Walter McCall
(d) Alan McNamus
2. Why does Robert Kennedy begin to shy away from King?
(a) To protect his family
(b) To perserve his brother's presidency
(c) To win southern white votes
(d) To preserve his reputation
3. What did Mike King's father do for a living?
(a) Shop keeper
4. What did W.E.B Du Bois found?
(a) The RSPCA
(b) The NAACP
(c) The SCCP
(d) The NCCG
5. What does the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary change their name to?
(a) The School of Fun
(b) Spelman School
(c) King School
(d) Rockefeller School
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Powell say he will claim King is having an affair with?
2. What does Jo Ann Robinson teach at Alabama?
3. What did a group of Negroes form in 1877?
4. Where is Hartsfield the mayor?
5. Where do students march to in Nashville?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mike King improve himself so he could date Alberta Williams?
2. What does Clayton Powell threaten to do if King does not call off plans to picket the Democratic convention?
3. How does King meet Vice President Nixon?
4. How did the Rockefellers become involved with the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
5. How does King prove himself innocent of the tax charges?
6. What happens to the Freedom Rider's Greyhound bus in Chapter 11?
7. How does King find the task of writing a book?
8. What does Robert Kennedy declare in his speech in Georgia?
9. What does King put into motion with the SCLC in Chapter 6?
10. How did Johns cause problems for the Dexter Avenue Church?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)