|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diane Nash refuse to do?
(a) Pay her fine
(c) Leave a restaurant
(d) Give up her seat
2. Where does Bevel stage protests?
(a) Sport centers
(b) Bus depots
(d) Movie theaters
3. What is Burke Marshall appointed head of?
(a) The KKK
(d) The Civil Rights Division
4. Which of the following countries does Mike King not visit on his trip abroad?
5. Who is the governor of Arkansas?
(a) James Formby
(b) Robert Kennedy
(c) Orval Faubus
(d) Jack Marshall
Short Answer Questions
1. What African country does King fly to?
2. What is the name of Williams' daughter?
3. What do both candidates think will be the major issue in their presidential campaign?
4. What do the Alabama police charge King with?
5. Who does Kennedy select as his running mate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Albany Movement?
2. How does King disappoint his father in this chapter?
3. What happens to the Freedom Rider's Greyhound bus in Chapter 11?
4. Why does King snub Kennedy?
5. What dilemma did King's relationship with Betty pose?
6. How did Mike King improve himself so he could date Alberta Williams?
7. How does the governor of Montgomery react to students trying to get served at the state capitol building lunch counter?
8. How do the Freedom Riders enrage the Albany sheriff?
9. What happens to John Lewis when he tries to order hamburgers at a bar?
10. How did McCall fail the second sermon?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)