|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the club King organizes at Boston?
(a) The Communist Club
(b) The Religious Club
(c) The Freedom Club
(d) The Philosophical Club
2. Where do King and his supporters march to in Los Angeles?
(a) The City Hall
(b) The Sports Arena
(c) Universal studios
(d) MGM studios
3. Why does Robert Kennedy begin to shy away from King?
(a) To perserve his brother's presidency
(b) To preserve his reputation
(c) To win southern white votes
(d) To protect his family
4. Whose vote does Robert Kennedy worry his brother is losing?
(a) Southern whites
(b) Southern blacks
(d) Working class men
5. What is King asked to write a book about?
(a) His life
(c) The Old Testament
(d) The Montgomery Bus Boycott
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there a riot at the University of Alabama?
2. What does King study in his father's house in this chapter?
3. What member of Farmer's family dies in this chapter?
4. What church does Reverend A.D. Williams take over?
5. Where did King and Coretta marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does King snub Kennedy?
2. What happens to the Freedom Rider's Greyhound bus in Chapter 11?
3. What happens when a girl refuses to move from her seat on the bus?
4. Why did the girl decide not to take the bus company to the courts?
5. Describe Vernon's character.
6. How did the movie theaters in Nashville react to people protesting outside?
7. How did the First Baptist Church of Montgomery and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church form?
8. What does King put into motion with the SCLC in Chapter 6?
9. What problems does Moses have in Mississippi?
10. How does King prove himself innocent of the tax charges?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)