|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the preacher who caused a scandal in 1946?
(a) Vernon Johns
(b) Samuel Kitten
(c) Mike King
(d) Davis Love
2. What did Mike King's father do for a living?
(a) Shop keeper
3. Why does Robert Kennedy begin to shy away from King?
(a) To win southern white votes
(b) To protect his family
(c) To perserve his brother's presidency
(d) To preserve his reputation
4. What political party is Levison a member of?
5. What does the black driver do when a black girl refuses to give up her seat for a white person?
(a) Beats her up
(b) Threatens her with a gun
(c) Phones the police
(d) Throws her off the bus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crozier Theological Seminary have in its basement rec room?
2. What does King study in his father's house in this chapter?
3. What does King tell everyone to avoid as Christmas approaches?
4. Where does King study for his doctorate?
5. Where is Hartsfield the mayor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Reverend Williams benefit from the education provided at Morehouse College?
2. Why is the phone call Robert Kennedy makes to a judge potentially dangerous to his career?
3. How does the governor of Montgomery react to students trying to get served at the state capitol building lunch counter?
4. How does Belafonte prove a good running mate for Kennedy?
5. What dilemma did King's relationship with Betty pose?
6. What does Robert Kennedy declare in his speech in Georgia?
7. How did Mike King improve himself so he could date Alberta Williams?
8. Describe Vernon's character.
9. What were the differences between the First Baptist Church and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
10. Describe how the Dialectical Society King starts at Boston College.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)