|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rockefeller name Morehouse College after?
(a) Richard Morehouse
(b) Dr. Henry Morehouse
(c) Thomas More
(d) Dr. House
2. In which government building does King meet Nixon?
(a) The Capitol Building
(b) The White House
(c) The Pentagon
(d) The Oracle
3. What does King's speech stress the importance of?
(d) Justice and love
4. Whose vote does Robert Kennedy worry his brother is losing?
(a) Southern blacks
(b) Working class men
(c) Southern whites
5. What church does Reverend A.D. Williams take over?
(a) Frederick Douglas
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Alabama police charge King with?
2. Why does Robert Kennedy begin to shy away from King?
3. Who takes over the running of the carpool?
4. Where is Ralph Abernathy the pastor?
5. What does the Ku Klux Klan burn in front of John's lawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does King put into motion with the SCLC in Chapter 6?
2. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
3. How did Mike King improve himself so he could date Alberta Williams?
4. How did the First Baptist Church of Montgomery and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church form?
5. What surprises King about the Crozer Theological Seminary?
6. How does King counteract Clayton Powell's threat?
7. How does King's Civil Rights work affect his preaching?
8. What does King begin to understand about his faith?
9. What does Clayton Powell threaten to do if King does not call off plans to picket the Democratic convention?
10. Why did the girl decide not to take the bus company to the courts?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)