|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there a riot at the University of Alabama?
(a) Martin Luther King Jr. gives a speech on campus
(b) The KKK bomb a classroom
(c) The University hires a Negro teacher
(d) A Negro woman tries to enroll
2. What kind of people did the Dexter Avenue Church attract?
(a) Highly intelligent people
(b) Uneducated people
(c) Poor people
(d) Angry people
3. Why did the fare increase do little to help the bus company's financial problems?
(a) People stopped riding them all together.
(b) There were no Negro riders
(c) People insisted on paying the old fares
(d) It was Christmas
4. What did King have to work on as well as working on church business?
(a) His autobiography
(b) A series of paintings
(c) A novel
(d) His dissertation
5. Which of the following is a title of one of John's sermons?
(a) Down and Out and Almost Dead
(b) It's Safe to Murder Negroes in Montgomery
(c) Blacks and White its All Alright
(d) People are Born to Hate
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Nashville police threaten to arrest all protesters for?
2. What does the waitress pour over Lewis?
3. In whose yard does a bomb explode in this chapter?
4. What country does Betty's family come from?
5. What does John Lewis go to the restaurant to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King disappoint his father in this chapter?
2. How does King counteract Clayton Powell's threat?
3. What happens to John Lewis when he tries to order hamburgers at a bar?
4. Why is Robert Kennedy furious that his brother contacts Coretta King?
5. How did McCall fail the second sermon?
6. What does Robert Kennedy declare in his speech in Georgia?
7. What happens to the Freedom Rider's Greyhound bus in Chapter 11?
8. Why did the girl decide not to take the bus company to the courts?
9. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
10. Why is the phone call Robert Kennedy makes to a judge potentially dangerous to his career?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)