|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King study in his father's house in this chapter?
(a) Frederick Douglas
(b) Karl Marx
(c) Jan Hus
(d) Adolf Hitler
2. What do the Nashville police threaten to arrest all protesters for?
(c) Breach of the peace
(d) Breaking and entering
3. Why is the girl unsuitable for public scrutiny?
(a) She is too young
(b) The KKK are threatening her
(c) She is mentally disturbed
(d) She is pregnant
4. How did taxi drivers try to help out the Negroes boycotting the buses?
(a) They ran over police
(b) They advertized the boycott
(c) They gave free rides
(d) They lowered their fares
5. What does Crozier Theological Seminary have in its basement rec room?
(b) Pool tables
(c) A science lab
(d) Dart boards
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King's speech stress the importance of?
2. What organization does King join in this chapter?
3. What political party is Levison a member of?
4. Where does King receive an offer to teach?
5. Whose philosophy does Harris Wofford follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the differences between the First Baptist Church and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
2. Describe Vernon's character.
3. Why did the girl decide not to take the bus company to the courts?
4. How did the city taxi drivers try to help out the local Negroes?
5. How does King's Civil Rights work affect his preaching?
6. Why is Robert Kennedy furious that his brother contacts Coretta King?
7. What surprises King about the Crozer Theological Seminary?
8. What does Robert Kennedy declare in his speech in Georgia?
9. What happens to the Freedom Rider's Greyhound bus in Chapter 11?
10. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)