|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Truman desegregate in the Forties?
(b) The armed forces
(c) Major cities
2. What will the Democrats label King as if he does not call off plans to picket the Democratic Convention?
(a) A thief
(b) An Uncle Tom
(c) A homosexual
(d) A murderer
3. What does King associate pool tables with?
(a) Low behavior
(c) Rich people
(d) White people
4. What was Coretta Scott hoping to become after college?
(a) A song writer
(b) A classical singer
(c) An actress
(d) A housewife
5. What did King have to work on as well as working on church business?
(a) A novel
(b) A series of paintings
(c) His dissertation
(d) His autobiography
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Betty's family come from?
2. Where does Faubus fly to to talk to Eisenhower?
3. What did the manager turn on with Lewis and Bevel locked inside the restaurant?
4. Who is the governor of Arkansas?
5. What does a mob throw through the back window of a bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the First Baptist Church of Montgomery and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church form?
2. How does King's Civil Rights work affect his preaching?
3. How does King disappoint his father in this chapter?
4. How does the governor of Montgomery react to students trying to get served at the state capitol building lunch counter?
5. How did the city taxi drivers try to help out the local Negroes?
6. How do sit-ins start to become popular across the country?
7. What does King put into motion with the SCLC in Chapter 6?
8. How do the police try to stop the carpool drivers?
9. How did the movie theaters in Nashville react to people protesting outside?
10. How did Rockefeller change the school?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)