Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Niebuhr's book that King reads in this chapter?
(a) Non-violence and Revolution
(b) Moral Man and Immoral Society
(c) Passions of an Everday Man
(d) Looting the World
2. Where did King's four friends go on trial?
(b) New York City
(c) Los Angeles
3. What is the name of Williams' daughter?
4. What is Burke Marshall appointed head of?
(a) The KKK
(d) The Civil Rights Division
5. What does John Lewis go to the restaurant to eat?
(c) Fired chicken
(d) Boiled chicken
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Alabama police charge King with?
2. What driving offense do the police arrest King for?
3. What does King organize to help people get to work?
4. Whose vote does Robert Kennedy worry his brother is losing?
5. What did Truman desegregate in the Forties?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King meet Vice President Nixon?
2. Why is the phone call Robert Kennedy makes to a judge potentially dangerous to his career?
3. How does King's Civil Rights work affect his preaching?
4. How do the Freedom Riders anger Kennedy in Chapter 12?
5. How does Moses react to the sheriff attacking him in Chapter 13?
6. How did Mike King improve himself so he could date Alberta Williams?
7. Why did King write letters from the Birmingham Jail?
8. How does King counteract Clayton Powell's threat?
9. What surprises King about the Crozer Theological Seminary?
10. How did the city taxi drivers try to help out the local Negroes?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)