|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did taxi drivers try to help out the Negroes boycotting the buses?
(a) They ran over police
(b) They advertized the boycott
(c) They gave free rides
(d) They lowered their fares
2. What did James B. Pritchard teach?
(a) The New Testament
(c) The Old Testament
(d) Negro literature
3. What political party is Levison a member of?
4. Where did King's friend organize a similar boycott?
(b) Chapeau Rouge
(c) Baton Rogue
5. Whose philosophy does Harris Wofford follow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of Farmer's family dies in this chapter?
2. What is the name of Williams' daughter?
3. Why is the girl unsuitable for public scrutiny?
4. Why is there a riot at the University of Alabama?
5. Where do students march to in Nashville?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King prove himself innocent of the tax charges?
2. How does Belafonte prove a good running mate for Kennedy?
3. What does King put into motion with the SCLC in Chapter 6?
4. How did McCall fail the second sermon?
5. What does King begin to understand about his faith?
6. What happens to the Freedom Rider's Greyhound bus in Chapter 11?
7. How did the Rockefellers become involved with the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
8. How does King counteract Clayton Powell's threat?
9. How did Rockefeller change the school?
10. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)