|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Truman desegregate in the Forties?
(a) The armed forces
(d) Major cities
2. What did a group of Negroes form in 1877?
(a) Black Power
(b) Maryland Baptist Group
(c) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church
3. What did James B. Pritchard teach?
(a) The New Testament
(c) Negro literature
(d) The Old Testament
4. What kind of army does King build?
(a) A violent army
(b) A guerilla army
(c) A terrorist army
(d) A non-violent army
5. What was Coretta Scott hoping to become after college?
(a) A housewife
(b) A classical singer
(c) A song writer
(d) An actress
Short Answer Questions
1. What did W.E.B Du Bois found?
2. Who does Kennedy select as his running mate?
3. What does King organize to help people get to work?
4. What does John Lewis go to the restaurant to eat?
5. Where do students march to in Nashville?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the city taxi drivers try to help out the local Negroes?
2. How did Johns cause problems for the Dexter Avenue Church?
3. Why is Robert Kennedy furious that his brother contacts Coretta King?
4. How did the Rockefellers become involved with the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
5. How do sit-ins start to become popular across the country?
6. How did Rockefeller change the school?
7. How does King counteract Clayton Powell's threat?
8. How do the police try to stop the carpool drivers?
9. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
10. How did McCall fail the second sermon?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)