|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the girl unsuitable for public scrutiny?
(a) She is too young
(b) The KKK are threatening her
(c) She is mentally disturbed
(d) She is pregnant
2. What is the name of Williams' daughter?
3. What does Lewis write a list about for protesters?
(a) Do's and dont's
(b) What to bring with them
(c) How to keep their humor
(d) People to avoid
4. Who has dinner with the Freedom Riders when they arrive in Atlanta?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) Malcolm X
(c) Martin Luther King
(d) Mike King
5. What does the black driver do when a black girl refuses to give up her seat for a white person?
(a) Beats her up
(b) Phones the police
(c) Threatens her with a gun
(d) Throws her off the bus
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James B. Pritchard teach?
2. What does the police commissioner call the taxi drivers?
3. In what state do the Freedom Riders encounter their first problems?
4. Who does Powell say he will claim King is having an affair with?
5. Who does Kennedy select as his running mate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rockefeller change the school?
2. What were the differences between the First Baptist Church and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
3. How does King meet Vice President Nixon?
4. How do sit-ins start to become popular across the country?
5. How does King change Dexter church?
6. How do the police try to stop the carpool drivers?
7. How did the First Baptist Church of Montgomery and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church form?
8. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
9. Why is the phone call Robert Kennedy makes to a judge potentially dangerous to his career?
10. How did Johns cause problems for the Dexter Avenue Church?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)