|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johns like to talk about in his sermons?
(b) Racial discrimination
(d) World War II
2. What driving offense do the police arrest King for?
(b) Traffic violation
(c) Worn out tires
(d) Worn out windshield wipers
3. What African country does King fly to?
4. What university did Du Bois work at?
(b) New York
5. What is the name of Williams' daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose vote does Robert Kennedy worry his brother is losing?
2. What does King study in his father's house in this chapter?
3. What did King have to work on as well as working on church business?
4. What did the manager turn on with Lewis and Bevel locked inside the restaurant?
5. Who does Rockefeller name Morehouse College after?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does King's Civil Rights work affect his preaching?
2. What happens to the Freedom Rider's Greyhound bus in Chapter 11?
3. How does Belafonte prove a good running mate for Kennedy?
4. How does King disappoint his father in this chapter?
5. What does King put into motion with the SCLC in Chapter 6?
6. How does the governor of Montgomery react to students trying to get served at the state capitol building lunch counter?
7. What happens when a girl refuses to move from her seat on the bus?
8. What does King begin to understand about his faith?
9. How do the police try to stop the carpool drivers?
10. Why did the girl decide not to take the bus company to the courts?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)