|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King organize to help people get to work?
(a) A carpool
(b) Freedom trains
(c) A freedom bus
(d) Horse and carts
2. What does Diane Nash refuse to do?
(a) Leave a restaurant
(b) Give up her seat
(c) Pay her fine
3. What does the police commissioner call the taxi drivers?
(a) Christian men
(b) A taxicab army
(c) Enemies of the state
(d) Nigger lovers
4. How did taxi drivers try to help out the Negroes boycotting the buses?
(a) They advertized the boycott
(b) They lowered their fares
(c) They ran over police
(d) They gave free rides
5. What political party is Levison a member of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King study in his father's house in this chapter?
2. Who does John Kennedy offer his support to in this chapter?
3. What does the Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary change their name to?
4. Who is the American President in this chapter?
5. What does King's speech stress the importance of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the First Baptist Church of Montgomery and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church form?
2. Why did the girl decide not to take the bus company to the courts?
3. How does King's Civil Rights work affect his preaching?
4. Describe how the Dialectical Society King starts at Boston College.
5. How does King find the task of writing a book?
6. How does King prove himself innocent of the tax charges?
7. How does King change Dexter church?
8. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
9. What surprises King about the Crozer Theological Seminary?
10. Why is the phone call Robert Kennedy makes to a judge potentially dangerous to his career?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)