|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What member of Farmer's family dies in this chapter?
(a) His daughter
(b) His mother
(c) His father
(d) His son
2. What does John share with the judge?
(a) A love of classical history
(b) A mistress
(c) A love of baseball
(d) A house
3. What was Williams' father's job?
(c) Coal miner
4. What was Levison's job?
(a) Factory manager
(d) Coal miner
5. What kind of school is Atlanta Female Baptist Seminary?
(a) A Negro school for girls
(b) A White school for girls
(c) A Catholic school for girls
(d) A Nunnery
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the American President in this chapter?
2. What did a group of Negroes form in 1877?
3. What did the manager turn on with Lewis and Bevel locked inside the restaurant?
4. In what state does Robert Kennedy make a speech in this chapter?
5. In which government building does King meet Nixon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to John Lewis when he tries to order hamburgers at a bar?
2. How does the governor of Montgomery react to students trying to get served at the state capitol building lunch counter?
3. Describe Vernon's character.
4. How did the movie theaters in Nashville react to people protesting outside?
5. What does Clayton Powell threaten to do if King does not call off plans to picket the Democratic convention?
6. How did the city taxi drivers try to help out the local Negroes?
7. What happens when a girl refuses to move from her seat on the bus?
8. How does King find the task of writing a book?
9. Why is Robert Kennedy furious that his brother contacts Coretta King?
10. How does King's Civil Rights work affect his preaching?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)