|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of commitee does the Nashville mayor appoint?
(b) All black
(c) All white
(d) All men
2. Where does King study for his doctorate?
(a) University of Virginia
(b) Boston College
(c) Chicago University
(d) New York University
3. What political party is Levison a member of?
4. What country does Betty's family come from?
5. Where did King's friend organize a similar boycott?
(a) Baton Rogue
(b) Chapeau Rouge
Short Answer Questions
1. What did King have to work on as well as working on church business?
2. What did Truman desegregate in the Forties?
3. What does the black driver do when a black girl refuses to give up her seat for a white person?
4. What does the police commissioner call the taxi drivers?
5. Who does Robert Kennedy fear racial tension will make USA appear weak to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises King about the Crozer Theological Seminary?
2. How does King arrange to transport the Negroes to and from work?
3. How did Reverend Williams benefit from the education provided at Morehouse College?
4. Describe how the Dialectical Society King starts at Boston College.
5. What does Clayton Powell threaten to do if King does not call off plans to picket the Democratic convention?
6. How do the police try to stop the carpool drivers?
7. What does Robert Kennedy declare in his speech in Georgia?
8. What were the differences between the First Baptist Church and the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church?
9. Why did the girl decide not to take the bus company to the courts?
10. How does King's Civil Rights work affect his preaching?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)