|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is C.B King's job?
(d) Real estate broker
2. Why did the sheriff shoot a black man?
(a) For swearing at him
(b) For drinking on the streets
(c) For flirting with a Negro mistress
(d) For flirting with a white prostitute
3. What does Bull Connors fire at the church congregation?
(a) Shot guns
(b) Ray guns
(c) Monitor guns
(d) Fire guns
4. At what college does King take a temporary position?
5. What charges do the FBI investigate in this chapter?
(d) Police brutality
6. Where does Kennedy meet the heads of the Civil Rights groups?
(a) New York
(b) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
7. Where is the SCLC convention?
(a) New York
8. What do the police use on the students to keep them out of the downtown area?
(a) Rabid dogs
(b) Laughing gas
(c) Fire hoses
(d) Machine guns
9. What does a restaurant owner set off in Sam Block's face?
(a) A nail bomb
(b) A fire extinguisher
(c) A petrol bomb
(d) A fire hose
10. Whose phone does Hoover bug in this chapter?
11. What does A New Orleans newspaper accuse O'Dell of being a member of?
(a) The Communist party
(b) The Nazi party
(c) The BNP
(d) The KKK
12. Who did the hitman share a mistress with?
(a) President Kennedy
(b) Martin Luther King
(c) Robert Kennedy
(d) Edgar Hoover
13. What does Hoover use to justify investigating King?
(a) The Vietnam War
(b) The Korean War
(c) O'Dell's Communist affiliations
(d) The Missile Crisis
14. Who does King think will win the National Baptist Conference elections?
(a) Vernon Johns
(b) Jesse Jackson
(c) Mike King
(d) James Taylor
15. Whose house did King go to after a rally in Los Angeles?
(a) Frank Sinatra's
(b) Dean Martin's
(c) Sammy Davis'
(d) Burt Lancaster's
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the SNCC organize a fundraiser to buy?
2. What was Hartman Turnbow the first Negro to do in Holmes County?
3. Who did the government hire a hitman to kill?
4. What is Jack O'Dell the director of?
5. Who does Hoover warn Kennedy to stay away from?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)