|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house did King go to after a rally in Los Angeles?
(a) Sammy Davis'
(b) Burt Lancaster's
(c) Frank Sinatra's
(d) Dean Martin's
2. What does the judge charge the sheriff with?
(a) Breach of peace
(c) Drug possession
3. Who does the Chamber of Congress President in Birmingham want to get rid of?
(a) The police commissioner
(b) The mayor
(c) The governor
(d) The sheriff
4. Why did Hoover and Kennedy never get along?
(a) Hoover was a racist
(b) Kennedy thought he was superior
(c) Hoover thought he was superior
(d) Hoover was a Communist
5. In what city does King gather thousands of dollars of donations?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
(d) New York
6. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
(a) A dog
(b) A cougar
(c) A cat
(d) A bear
7. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
8. Whose phone does Hoover bug in this chapter?
9. What is Sam Block arrested for?
(a) Inciting violence
(b) Assaulting a police officer
(c) Statements against local officials
(d) Breach of the peace
10. What does King reveal a habit of keeping?
(a) A mistress
(b) A rank of cars
11. When does Kennedy sign the Civil Rights Racial Discrimination Bill?
(a) Independence Day
(c) New Year's Day
(d) Easter Sunday
12. What does a monitor gun combine the power of?
(a) Mustard gas and laughing gas
(b) Tear gas and laughing gas
(c) Three hoses
(d) Mustard gas and two hoses
13. What does King ask people to do for those Negroes who have yet to learn the non-violent ways?
(c) Donate money
(d) Donate food
14. What does a man fracture when he falls over in a scuffle?
(a) His leg
(b) His arm
(c) His skull
(d) His collar bone
15. What have the authorities closed in Birmingham?
(a) City Parks
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hoover warn Kennedy to stay away from?
2. Where does King write his speech for the Washington march?
3. What takes place in October of 1962?
4. Who does the Judge tell Sam Block to stop working for?
5. What did the police bring out when they decided the hoses were not enough?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)