|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annell Ponder teach?
2. Whose house did King go to after a rally in Los Angeles?
(a) Frank Sinatra's
(b) Sammy Davis'
(c) Burt Lancaster's
(d) Dean Martin's
3. Why did the sheriff shoot a black man?
(a) For swearing at him
(b) For drinking on the streets
(c) For flirting with a white prostitute
(d) For flirting with a Negro mistress
4. Where is the SCLC convention?
(c) New York
5. What do Kennedy and the heads of the Civil Rights groups create in New York?
(a) The Education for All Project
(b) The Voter Education Project
(c) The Freedom Ride Project
(d) The Civil Rights Bill
6. When does Kennedy sign the Civil Rights Racial Discrimination Bill?
(a) Easter Sunday
(c) New Year's Day
(d) Independence Day
7. Who warns Moses to get out of the county?
(a) The mayor
(b) The sheriff
(c) Robert Kennedy
(d) Martin Luther King
8. Which comedian join the marches in Greenwood?
(a) Richard Pryor
(b) Lenny Bruce
(c) Dick Gregory
(d) Bill Crosby
9. What was Hartman Turnbow the first Negro to do in Holmes County?
(a) Join the Free Riders
(b) Join the NAACP
(c) Arrest a white man
(d) Register to vote
10. What is Sam Block arrested for?
(a) Inciting violence
(b) Statements against local officials
(c) Assaulting a police officer
(d) Breach of the peace
11. Who does Moses use his one phone call to call?
12. What reason does the sheriff give for shooting the black man?
(a) Self defense
(d) Temporary insanity
13. What have the authorities closed in Birmingham?
(b) City Parks
14. What celebrity lends his name to a fundraiser in this chapter?
(a) Louis Armstrong
(b) Miles Davis
(c) Dean Martin
(d) Sammy Davis
15. What newspaper was the reporter in the church in Mississippi from?
(a) The KKK Observer
(b) The San Francisco Chronicle
(c) The New York Times
(d) The Jackson Packet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a restaurant owner set off in Sam Block's face?
2. Which writer does Robert Kennedy enlist the help of?
3. What charges do the FBI investigate in this chapter?
4. Why did Hoover and Kennedy never get along?
5. Who does Hoover warn Kennedy to stay away from?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)