|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anderson call a meeting for Albany Movement supporters?
(a) A forest
(b) A town hall
(c) His house
(d) A church
2. Why did Hoover and Kennedy never get along?
(a) Kennedy thought he was superior
(b) Hoover thought he was superior
(c) Hoover was a Communist
(d) Hoover was a racist
3. What do the police use on the students to keep them out of the downtown area?
(a) Rabid dogs
(b) Fire hoses
(c) Laughing gas
(d) Machine guns
4. What does A New Orleans newspaper accuse O'Dell of being a member of?
(a) The KKK
(b) The BNP
(c) The Communist party
(d) The Nazi party
5. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
6. Who does Hoover warn Kennedy to stay away from?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) Frank Sinatra
(c) Sammy Davis Jr
(d) Marilyn Monroe
7. What does Kennedy want the Freedom Riders to do?
(a) Carry guns
(b) Take trains
(c) Sing the national anthem
8. What reason does the sheriff give for shooting the black man?
(a) Temporary insanity
(c) Self defense
9. What does King lead a mall to the courthouse to do?
10. Where does King write his speech for the Washington march?
(a) The White House
(b) A meadow
(c) His hotel room
(d) A church
11. Whose house did King go to after a rally in Los Angeles?
(a) Burt Lancaster's
(b) Sammy Davis'
(c) Dean Martin's
(d) Frank Sinatra's
12. What celebrity lends his name to a fundraiser in this chapter?
(a) Sammy Davis
(b) Louis Armstrong
(c) Dean Martin
(d) Miles Davis
13. When does Kennedy sign the Civil Rights Racial Discrimination Bill?
(a) New Year's Day
(c) Easter Sunday
(d) Independence Day
14. What have the authorities closed in Birmingham?
(b) City Parks
15. Who do the Justice Department tell King has links with Communism?
(b) Malcolm X
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the registrar do to John Hardy?
2. What does Annell Ponder teach?
3. What does the judge charge the sheriff with?
4. Where does Kennedy's administration think Levison is from?
5. Why did the sheriff shoot a black man?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)