|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack O'Dell the director of?
(a) Freedom Ride operations
(b) Direct mail operations
(c) Voter registration
(d) The Civil Rights Division
2. Who does Hoover warn Kennedy to stay away from?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) Frank Sinatra
(c) Marilyn Monroe
(d) Sammy Davis Jr
3. What does Hoover use to justify investigating King?
(a) The Missile Crisis
(b) O'Dell's Communist affiliations
(c) The Korean War
(d) The Vietnam War
4. Where is Seigenthaler when Kennedy calls him?
5. What do a group of people form at Slater King's house?
(a) The Freedom Movement
(b) The Albany Movement
(c) The Peace Movement
(d) The Gandhi Gang
6. What reason does the sheriff give for shooting the black man?
(c) Self defense
(d) Temporary insanity
7. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
8. Where is the SCLC convention?
(b) New York
9. Who does the Judge tell Sam Block to stop working for?
(a) The NCP
(b) The SAC
(c) The SNCC
(d) The NAACP
10. Who warns Moses to get out of the county?
(a) The mayor
(b) Martin Luther King
(c) The sheriff
(d) Robert Kennedy
11. What is Slater King's job?
12. What do Kennedy and the heads of the Civil Rights groups create in New York?
(a) The Voter Education Project
(b) The Civil Rights Bill
(c) The Education for All Project
(d) The Freedom Ride Project
13. What celebrity lends his name to a fundraiser in this chapter?
(a) Dean Martin
(b) Miles Davis
(c) Louis Armstrong
(d) Sammy Davis
14. What takes place in October of 1962?
(a) The Harlem Riots
(b) Presidential Elections
(c) The Cuban Missile Crisis
(d) The Los Angeles Riots
15. Why did the sheriff shoot a black man?
(a) For swearing at him
(b) For flirting with a Negro mistress
(c) For flirting with a white prostitute
(d) For drinking on the streets
Short Answer Questions
1. Which comedian join the marches in Greenwood?
2. Where do the Civil Rights leaders make their speeches in Washington?
3. In what city does King gather thousands of dollars of donations?
4. What is Moses struggling to find in this chapter?
5. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)