|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the registrar do to John Hardy?
(a) Spits on him
(b) Pistol whips him
(c) Stabs him
(d) Shoots him
2. What is Sam Block arrested for?
(a) Assaulting a police officer
(b) Inciting violence
(c) Statements against local officials
(d) Breach of the peace
3. Where is the SCLC convention?
(d) New York
4. What charges do the FBI investigate in this chapter?
(a) Police brutality
5. Whose phone does Hoover bug in this chapter?
6. What does King ask people to do for those Negroes who have yet to learn the non-violent ways?
(a) Donate food
(c) Donate money
7. What does the SNCC organize a fundraiser to buy?
8. When does Kennedy sign the Civil Rights Racial Discrimination Bill?
(b) New Year's Day
(c) Independence Day
(d) Easter Sunday
9. Who did the hitman share a mistress with?
(a) President Kennedy
(b) Edgar Hoover
(c) Robert Kennedy
(d) Martin Luther King
10. Why did Hoover and Kennedy never get along?
(a) Hoover was a racist
(b) Hoover was a Communist
(c) Hoover thought he was superior
(d) Kennedy thought he was superior
11. Who does King think will win the National Baptist Conference elections?
(a) Jesse Jackson
(b) James Taylor
(c) Mike King
(d) Vernon Johns
12. Why did the sheriff shoot a black man?
(a) For flirting with a white prostitute
(b) For swearing at him
(c) For drinking on the streets
(d) For flirting with a Negro mistress
13. What does a restaurant owner set off in Sam Block's face?
(a) A fire extinguisher
(b) A petrol bomb
(c) A fire hose
(d) A nail bomb
14. Where is Seigenthaler when Kennedy calls him?
15. What does A New Orleans newspaper accuse O'Dell of being a member of?
(a) The BNP
(b) The Communist party
(c) The KKK
(d) The Nazi party
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house did King go to after a rally in Los Angeles?
2. Who does King complain to about police brutality?
3. What was Guy Carawan arrested for trying to enter?
4. In what city does King gather thousands of dollars of donations?
5. What do the police use on the students to keep them out of the downtown area?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)