|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does King write his speech for the Washington march?
(a) A church
(b) The White House
(c) A meadow
(d) His hotel room
2. Who does Moses use his one phone call to call?
3. What do Kennedy and the heads of the Civil Rights groups create in New York?
(a) The Freedom Ride Project
(b) The Education for All Project
(c) The Voter Education Project
(d) The Civil Rights Bill
4. What celebrity lends his name to a fundraiser in this chapter?
(a) Miles Davis
(b) Louis Armstrong
(c) Dean Martin
(d) Sammy Davis
5. Who does Hoover warn Kennedy to stay away from?
(a) Sammy Davis Jr
(b) Martin Luther King
(c) Frank Sinatra
(d) Marilyn Monroe
6. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
(a) A dog
(b) A bear
(c) A cat
(d) A cougar
7. What is Slater King's job?
8. Who do demonstrators kill outside the Lyceum?
(a) An FBI agent
(b) A reporter
(c) A Federal marshall
9. What does the SNCC organize a fundraiser to buy?
10. What position does Jackson remove King from?
(a) Vice President of the Sunday School Board
(b) President of the SNCC
(c) Preacher at the Dexter Church
(d) Vice President of NAACP
11. What is Moses struggling to find in this chapter?
(a) People to donate money
(b) People to vote
(c) Freedom Riders
(d) People to pray
12. Who does King complain to about police brutality?
(a) The CIA
(b) The Justice Department
(c) President Kennedy
(d) The Police Department
13. What was Hartman Turnbow the first Negro to do in Holmes County?
(a) Join the Free Riders
(b) Register to vote
(c) Join the NAACP
(d) Arrest a white man
14. What does A New Orleans newspaper accuse O'Dell of being a member of?
(a) The KKK
(b) The Communist party
(c) The Nazi party
(d) The BNP
15. Where is the SCLC convention?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack O'Dell the director of?
2. What does Bull Connors fire at the church congregation?
3. Where does Kennedy's administration think Levison is from?
4. What does King reveal a habit of keeping?
5. Who do the Justice Department tell King has links with Communism?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)