|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a man fracture when he falls over in a scuffle?
(a) His arm
(b) His leg
(c) His collar bone
(d) His skull
2. Where do the Civil Rights leaders make their speeches in Washington?
(a) The Korean War Memorial
(b) The Washington Memorial
(c) The Lincoln Memorial
(d) Outside the White House
3. What does the SNCC organize a fundraiser to buy?
4. What is the name of King's lawyer?
(a) Hunter Davis
(b) David Regan
(c) Paul Loretti
(d) James Evans
5. Who does King complain to about police brutality?
(a) The CIA
(b) President Kennedy
(c) The Police Department
(d) The Justice Department
6. What do Kennedy and the heads of the Civil Rights groups create in New York?
(a) The Voter Education Project
(b) The Civil Rights Bill
(c) The Education for All Project
(d) The Freedom Ride Project
7. Who does Hoover warn Kennedy to stay away from?
(a) Frank Sinatra
(b) Sammy Davis Jr
(c) Marilyn Monroe
(d) Martin Luther King
8. What does Kennedy want to register in the South?
(a) Female votes
(b) Children's votes
(c) Negro votes
(d) White votes
9. Where does Kennedy meet the heads of the Civil Rights groups?
(b) San Francisco
(c) New York
(d) Los Angeles
10. Where does King write his speech for the Washington march?
(a) His hotel room
(b) A church
(c) The White House
(d) A meadow
11. What was Guy Carawan arrested for trying to enter?
(b) A town hall
(c) The White House
(d) A church
12. Which comedian join the marches in Greenwood?
(a) Lenny Bruce
(b) Richard Pryor
(c) Dick Gregory
(d) Bill Crosby
13. Where is Seigenthaler when Kennedy calls him?
14. Who did the government hire a hitman to kill?
(d) Malcolm X
15. What does Bull Connors fire at the church congregation?
(a) Fire guns
(b) Shot guns
(c) Monitor guns
(d) Ray guns
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Chamber of Congress President in Birmingham want to get rid of?
2. In what city does King gather thousands of dollars of donations?
3. What do a group of people form at Slater King's house?
4. What does Kennedy want the Freedom Riders to do?
5. Who does King think will win the National Baptist Conference elections?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)