|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack O'Dell the director of?
(a) Direct mail operations
(b) Freedom Ride operations
(c) Voter registration
(d) The Civil Rights Division
2. At what college does King take a temporary position?
3. What do the police use on the students to keep them out of the downtown area?
(a) Laughing gas
(b) Rabid dogs
(c) Fire hoses
(d) Machine guns
4. Who do demonstrators kill outside the Lyceum?
(a) A Federal marshall
(b) A reporter
(c) An FBI agent
5. Where is Seigenthaler when Kennedy calls him?
6. What does the registrar do to John Hardy?
(a) Spits on him
(b) Shoots him
(c) Stabs him
(d) Pistol whips him
7. What does Hoover use to justify investigating King?
(a) The Missile Crisis
(b) The Korean War
(c) O'Dell's Communist affiliations
(d) The Vietnam War
8. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
(a) A dog
(b) A cougar
(c) A bear
(d) A cat
9. Who warns Moses to get out of the county?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) The sheriff
(c) Robert Kennedy
(d) The mayor
10. Where do the Civil Rights leaders make their speeches in Washington?
(a) The Korean War Memorial
(b) The Washington Memorial
(c) Outside the White House
(d) The Lincoln Memorial
11. What do a group of people form at Slater King's house?
(a) The Peace Movement
(b) The Albany Movement
(c) The Gandhi Gang
(d) The Freedom Movement
12. Why did the sheriff shoot a black man?
(a) For swearing at him
(b) For drinking on the streets
(c) For flirting with a Negro mistress
(d) For flirting with a white prostitute
13. What does King lead a mall to the courthouse to do?
14. Who does the Chamber of Congress President in Birmingham want to get rid of?
(a) The police commissioner
(b) The governor
(c) The sheriff
(d) The mayor
15. What position does Jackson remove King from?
(a) Vice President of NAACP
(b) President of the SNCC
(c) Preacher at the Dexter Church
(d) Vice President of the Sunday School Board
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kennedy want the Freedom Riders to do?
2. What does King ask people to do for those Negroes who have yet to learn the non-violent ways?
3. What does Annell Ponder teach?
4. What was Hartman Turnbow the first Negro to do in Holmes County?
5. Whose phone does Hoover bug in this chapter?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)