|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Medgar Evans shot?
(a) A restaurant
(b) On a bus
(c) Outside the White House
(d) His driveway
2. At what college does King take a temporary position?
3. Which writer does Robert Kennedy enlist the help of?
(a) James Baldwin
(b) Leonard Cohen
(c) James Ellroy
(d) Richard Wright
4. What is Sam Block arrested for?
(a) Statements against local officials
(b) Assaulting a police officer
(c) Inciting violence
(d) Breach of the peace
5. What was Guy Carawan arrested for trying to enter?
(a) A church
(b) The White House
(c) A town hall
6. What does King ask people to do for those Negroes who have yet to learn the non-violent ways?
(b) Donate food
(d) Donate money
7. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
8. When does Kennedy sign the Civil Rights Racial Discrimination Bill?
(a) Independence Day
(c) Easter Sunday
(d) New Year's Day
9. What newspaper was the reporter in the church in Mississippi from?
(a) The KKK Observer
(b) The New York Times
(c) The San Francisco Chronicle
(d) The Jackson Packet
10. What is Jack O'Dell the director of?
(a) Voter registration
(b) Direct mail operations
(c) Freedom Ride operations
(d) The Civil Rights Division
11. Which comedian join the marches in Greenwood?
(a) Richard Pryor
(b) Bill Crosby
(c) Dick Gregory
(d) Lenny Bruce
12. Where do the Civil Rights leaders make their speeches in Washington?
(a) Outside the White House
(b) The Korean War Memorial
(c) The Lincoln Memorial
(d) The Washington Memorial
13. Where does Anderson call a meeting for Albany Movement supporters?
(a) A town hall
(b) A forest
(c) A church
(d) His house
14. Who did the government hire a hitman to kill?
(d) Malcolm X
15. What is C.B King's job?
(d) Real estate broker
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King reveal a habit of keeping?
2. What does the judge charge the sheriff with?
3. Who warns Moses to get out of the county?
4. What do a group of people form at Slater King's house?
5. What do the police use on the students to keep them out of the downtown area?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)