|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does King write his speech for the Washington march?
(a) A church
(b) A meadow
(c) The White House
(d) His hotel room
2. Who does King claim sanctioned segregation?
(a) Malcolm X
(b) The FBI
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) The CIA
3. Who does Moses use his one phone call to call?
4. Which writer does Robert Kennedy enlist the help of?
(a) James Baldwin
(b) Richard Wright
(c) Leonard Cohen
(d) James Ellroy
5. What do Washington officials ban shops from selling before the march?
6. What is Sam Block arrested for?
(a) Breach of the peace
(b) Assaulting a police officer
(c) Statements against local officials
(d) Inciting violence
7. What have the authorities closed in Birmingham?
(c) City Parks
8. What does a monitor gun combine the power of?
(a) Mustard gas and laughing gas
(b) Mustard gas and two hoses
(c) Three hoses
(d) Tear gas and laughing gas
9. What does Kennedy want to register in the South?
(a) Negro votes
(b) Female votes
(c) Children's votes
(d) White votes
10. What is Jack O'Dell the director of?
(a) The Civil Rights Division
(b) Direct mail operations
(c) Voter registration
(d) Freedom Ride operations
11. What is C.B King's job?
(d) Real estate broker
12. Whose phone does Hoover bug in this chapter?
13. What does Kennedy want the Freedom Riders to do?
(a) Sing the national anthem
(c) Take trains
(d) Carry guns
14. Who do demonstrators kill outside the Lyceum?
(a) An FBI agent
(b) A reporter
(d) A Federal marshall
15. Who does the Judge tell Sam Block to stop working for?
(a) The SNCC
(b) The SAC
(c) The NCP
(d) The NAACP
Short Answer Questions
1. What celebrity lends his name to a fundraiser in this chapter?
2. What do a group of people form at Slater King's house?
3. What was Guy Carawan arrested for trying to enter?
4. Which comedian join the marches in Greenwood?
5. What does King lead a mall to the courthouse to do?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)