|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kennedy want the Freedom Riders to do?
(b) Sing the national anthem
(c) Take trains
(d) Carry guns
2. What does King lead a mall to the courthouse to do?
3. What takes place in October of 1962?
(a) The Harlem Riots
(b) The Cuban Missile Crisis
(c) The Los Angeles Riots
(d) Presidential Elections
4. What did the police bring out when they decided the hoses were not enough?
(a) Monitor guns
(b) K-9 units
(c) Machine gunners
5. What newspaper was the reporter in the church in Mississippi from?
(a) The San Francisco Chronicle
(b) The New York Times
(c) The KKK Observer
(d) The Jackson Packet
6. What does Hoover use to justify investigating King?
(a) The Vietnam War
(b) O'Dell's Communist affiliations
(c) The Korean War
(d) The Missile Crisis
7. In what city does King gather thousands of dollars of donations?
(a) San Francisco
(b) New York
(d) Los Angeles
8. What have the authorities closed in Birmingham?
(d) City Parks
9. What does the SNCC organize a fundraiser to buy?
10. What is Slater King's job?
11. Who did the hitman share a mistress with?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) Martin Luther King
(c) President Kennedy
(d) Edgar Hoover
12. Who does the Judge tell Sam Block to stop working for?
(a) The NAACP
(b) The SNCC
(c) The NCP
(d) The SAC
13. Whose phone does Hoover bug in this chapter?
14. Who warns Moses to get out of the county?
(a) Martin Luther King
(b) Robert Kennedy
(c) The sheriff
(d) The mayor
15. Who did the government hire a hitman to kill?
(c) Malcolm X
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does King complain to about police brutality?
2. What does King ask people to do for those Negroes who have yet to learn the non-violent ways?
3. What does the registrar do to John Hardy?
4. What does a man fracture when he falls over in a scuffle?
5. Who does the Chamber of Congress President in Birmingham want to get rid of?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)