|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Moses to get out of the county?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) Martin Luther King
(c) The mayor
(d) The sheriff
2. What do Washington officials ban shops from selling before the march?
3. What have the authorities closed in Birmingham?
(c) City Parks
4. What was Guy Carawan arrested for trying to enter?
(a) A town hall
(c) A church
(d) The White House
5. What does the registrar do to John Hardy?
(a) Spits on him
(b) Stabs him
(c) Pistol whips him
(d) Shoots him
6. What does the SNCC organize a fundraiser to buy?
7. Who did the government hire a hitman to kill?
(d) Malcolm X
8. What is Sam Block arrested for?
(a) Statements against local officials
(b) Assaulting a police officer
(c) Breach of the peace
(d) Inciting violence
9. What is Slater King's job?
10. What was Hartman Turnbow the first Negro to do in Holmes County?
(a) Arrest a white man
(b) Join the NAACP
(c) Register to vote
(d) Join the Free Riders
11. Who do the Justice Department tell King has links with Communism?
(c) Malcolm X
12. Where does Kennedy meet the heads of the Civil Rights groups?
(b) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
(d) New York
13. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
14. Who does the Judge tell Sam Block to stop working for?
(a) The NCP
(b) The SNCC
(c) The SAC
(d) The NAACP
15. Who do demonstrators kill outside the Lyceum?
(a) A reporter
(b) A Federal marshall
(c) An FBI agent
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does King write his speech for the Washington march?
2. What does A New Orleans newspaper accuse O'Dell of being a member of?
3. What does the judge charge the sheriff with?
4. What newspaper was the reporter in the church in Mississippi from?
5. Where do the Civil Rights leaders make their speeches in Washington?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)