|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bull Connors fire at the church congregation?
(a) Monitor guns
(b) Shot guns
(c) Fire guns
(d) Ray guns
2. What takes place in October of 1962?
(a) The Los Angeles Riots
(b) The Harlem Riots
(c) Presidential Elections
(d) The Cuban Missile Crisis
3. What does Annell Ponder teach?
4. Why did the sheriff shoot a black man?
(a) For flirting with a white prostitute
(b) For flirting with a Negro mistress
(c) For swearing at him
(d) For drinking on the streets
5. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
6. When does Kennedy sign the Civil Rights Racial Discrimination Bill?
(a) New Year's Day
(c) Independence Day
(d) Easter Sunday
7. What does King reveal a habit of keeping?
(a) A rank of cars
(c) A mistress
8. Which comedian join the marches in Greenwood?
(a) Bill Crosby
(b) Dick Gregory
(c) Richard Pryor
(d) Lenny Bruce
9. What does the registrar do to John Hardy?
(a) Shoots him
(b) Stabs him
(c) Pistol whips him
(d) Spits on him
10. Where is Medgar Evans shot?
(a) A restaurant
(b) On a bus
(c) Outside the White House
(d) His driveway
11. Who does Hoover warn Kennedy to stay away from?
(a) Marilyn Monroe
(b) Martin Luther King
(c) Sammy Davis Jr
(d) Frank Sinatra
12. What does a restaurant owner set off in Sam Block's face?
(a) A petrol bomb
(b) A fire hose
(c) A fire extinguisher
(d) A nail bomb
13. What does the judge charge the sheriff with?
(b) Breach of peace
(d) Drug possession
14. What does Kennedy want to register in the South?
(a) Female votes
(b) White votes
(c) Negro votes
(d) Children's votes
15. What newspaper was the reporter in the church in Mississippi from?
(a) The New York Times
(b) The Jackson Packet
(c) The San Francisco Chronicle
(d) The KKK Observer
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hartman Turnbow the first Negro to do in Holmes County?
2. What do Washington officials ban shops from selling before the march?
3. What do a group of people form at Slater King's house?
4. Who did the government hire a hitman to kill?
5. Which writer does Robert Kennedy enlist the help of?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)