|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the judge charge the sheriff with?
(a) Drug possession
(c) Breach of peace
2. Why did the sheriff shoot a black man?
(a) For flirting with a Negro mistress
(b) For flirting with a white prostitute
(c) For drinking on the streets
(d) For swearing at him
3. What do a group of people form at Slater King's house?
(a) The Peace Movement
(b) The Freedom Movement
(c) The Gandhi Gang
(d) The Albany Movement
4. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
5. What reason does the sheriff give for shooting the black man?
(c) Temporary insanity
(d) Self defense
6. What was Guy Carawan arrested for trying to enter?
(a) The White House
(b) A church
(c) A town hall
7. When does Kennedy sign the Civil Rights Racial Discrimination Bill?
(a) Independence Day
(c) Easter Sunday
(d) New Year's Day
8. Whose phone does Hoover bug in this chapter?
9. Why did Hoover and Kennedy never get along?
(a) Hoover thought he was superior
(b) Hoover was a Communist
(c) Hoover was a racist
(d) Kennedy thought he was superior
10. What does Kennedy want the Freedom Riders to do?
(a) Take trains
(b) Carry guns
(c) Sing the national anthem
11. What is Slater King's job?
12. What is Jack O'Dell the director of?
(a) Voter registration
(b) The Civil Rights Division
(c) Freedom Ride operations
(d) Direct mail operations
13. Who does King complain to about police brutality?
(a) President Kennedy
(b) The Police Department
(c) The CIA
(d) The Justice Department
14. What does Kennedy want to register in the South?
(a) Negro votes
(b) Children's votes
(c) White votes
(d) Female votes
15. Who do the Justice Department tell King has links with Communism?
(d) Malcolm X
Short Answer Questions
1. What charges do the FBI investigate in this chapter?
2. What does King ask people to do for those Negroes who have yet to learn the non-violent ways?
3. What celebrity lends his name to a fundraiser in this chapter?
4. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
5. What does a restaurant owner set off in Sam Block's face?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)