|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the SCLC convention?
(c) New York
2. What did the police bring out when they decided the hoses were not enough?
(a) Monitor guns
(c) Machine gunners
(d) K-9 units
3. What is C.B King's job?
(b) Real estate broker
4. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
5. Where is Seigenthaler when Kennedy calls him?
6. What does Annell Ponder teach?
7. What does Kennedy want to register in the South?
(a) Children's votes
(b) Negro votes
(c) White votes
(d) Female votes
8. What celebrity lends his name to a fundraiser in this chapter?
(a) Dean Martin
(b) Louis Armstrong
(c) Miles Davis
(d) Sammy Davis
9. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
(a) A cougar
(b) A bear
(c) A cat
(d) A dog
10. What does the registrar do to John Hardy?
(a) Spits on him
(b) Shoots him
(c) Pistol whips him
(d) Stabs him
11. Where is Medgar Evans shot?
(a) A restaurant
(b) His driveway
(c) Outside the White House
(d) On a bus
12. When does Kennedy sign the Civil Rights Racial Discrimination Bill?
(b) Easter Sunday
(c) New Year's Day
(d) Independence Day
13. What is Moses struggling to find in this chapter?
(a) People to pray
(b) People to donate money
(c) Freedom Riders
(d) People to vote
14. What does a monitor gun combine the power of?
(a) Mustard gas and laughing gas
(b) Three hoses
(c) Tear gas and laughing gas
(d) Mustard gas and two hoses
15. Which comedian join the marches in Greenwood?
(a) Richard Pryor
(b) Dick Gregory
(c) Lenny Bruce
(d) Bill Crosby
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Kennedy and the heads of the Civil Rights groups create in New York?
2. What is Sam Block arrested for?
3. Who warns Moses to get out of the county?
4. What takes place in October of 1962?
5. Who does the Judge tell Sam Block to stop working for?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)