|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the sheriff give for shooting the black man?
(a) Temporary insanity
(b) Self defense
2. In what city does King gather thousands of dollars of donations?
(a) New York
(b) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
3. What is Moses struggling to find in this chapter?
(a) Freedom Riders
(b) People to vote
(c) People to pray
(d) People to donate money
4. What is C.B King's job?
(a) Real estate broker
5. Who does the Chamber of Congress President in Birmingham want to get rid of?
(a) The governor
(b) The sheriff
(c) The police commissioner
(d) The mayor
6. Where does Kennedy meet the heads of the Civil Rights groups?
(a) San Francisco
(b) Los Angeles
(c) New York
7. Which writer does Robert Kennedy enlist the help of?
(a) Leonard Cohen
(b) James Ellroy
(c) James Baldwin
(d) Richard Wright
8. What does Kennedy want to register in the South?
(a) Children's votes
(b) Female votes
(c) Negro votes
(d) White votes
9. What does a restaurant owner set off in Sam Block's face?
(a) A fire hose
(b) A nail bomb
(c) A petrol bomb
(d) A fire extinguisher
10. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
11. What have the authorities closed in Birmingham?
(a) City Parks
12. Where is Medgar Evans shot?
(a) A restaurant
(b) On a bus
(c) His driveway
(d) Outside the White House
13. What was Guy Carawan arrested for trying to enter?
(a) A town hall
(b) The White House
(d) A church
14. Who did the government hire a hitman to kill?
(c) Malcolm X
15. Who warns Moses to get out of the county?
(a) The mayor
(b) The sheriff
(c) Robert Kennedy
(d) Martin Luther King
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police use on the students to keep them out of the downtown area?
2. Who does Hoover warn Kennedy to stay away from?
3. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
4. What celebrity lends his name to a fundraiser in this chapter?
5. What newspaper was the reporter in the church in Mississippi from?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)