|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kennedy and the heads of the Civil Rights groups create in New York?
(a) The Voter Education Project
(b) The Freedom Ride Project
(c) The Education for All Project
(d) The Civil Rights Bill
2. What does a restaurant owner set off in Sam Block's face?
(a) A fire extinguisher
(b) A fire hose
(c) A nail bomb
(d) A petrol bomb
3. In what city does King gather thousands of dollars of donations?
(a) New York
(b) San Francisco
(d) Los Angeles
4. Where does Kennedy's administration think Levison is from?
5. What is Sam Block arrested for?
(a) Statements against local officials
(b) Assaulting a police officer
(c) Breach of the peace
(d) Inciting violence
6. What do Washington officials ban shops from selling before the march?
7. What does King lead a mall to the courthouse to do?
8. What is Jack O'Dell the director of?
(a) Freedom Ride operations
(b) The Civil Rights Division
(c) Direct mail operations
(d) Voter registration
9. What is the name of King's lawyer?
(a) Paul Loretti
(b) James Evans
(c) David Regan
(d) Hunter Davis
10. What is C.B King's job?
(d) Real estate broker
11. What does Hoover use to justify investigating King?
(a) The Vietnam War
(b) O'Dell's Communist affiliations
(c) The Korean War
(d) The Missile Crisis
12. Who does King claim sanctioned segregation?
(a) Malcolm X
(b) The CIA
(c) The FBI
(d) Abraham Lincoln
13. What does A New Orleans newspaper accuse O'Dell of being a member of?
(a) The KKK
(b) The Communist party
(c) The Nazi party
(d) The BNP
14. What does Bull Connors fire at the church congregation?
(a) Fire guns
(b) Monitor guns
(c) Ray guns
(d) Shot guns
15. Who did the hitman share a mistress with?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) President Kennedy
(c) Edgar Hoover
(d) Martin Luther King
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Seigenthaler when Kennedy calls him?
2. Who does King think will win the National Baptist Conference elections?
3. Who do demonstrators kill outside the Lyceum?
4. What was Hartman Turnbow the first Negro to do in Holmes County?
5. Who do the Justice Department tell King has links with Communism?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)