|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kennedy want to register in the South?
(a) Children's votes
(b) White votes
(c) Negro votes
(d) Female votes
2. What does the SNCC organize a fundraiser to buy?
3. What position does Jackson remove King from?
(a) Vice President of NAACP
(b) Preacher at the Dexter Church
(c) Vice President of the Sunday School Board
(d) President of the SNCC
4. Where does King write his speech for the Washington march?
(a) His hotel room
(b) A church
(c) A meadow
(d) The White House
5. What does Bull Connors fire at the church congregation?
(a) Fire guns
(b) Shot guns
(c) Ray guns
(d) Monitor guns
6. What does Annell Ponder teach?
7. What does A New Orleans newspaper accuse O'Dell of being a member of?
(a) The KKK
(b) The BNP
(c) The Nazi party
(d) The Communist party
8. What was Hartman Turnbow the first Negro to do in Holmes County?
(a) Arrest a white man
(b) Join the Free Riders
(c) Register to vote
(d) Join the NAACP
9. Who does King complain to about police brutality?
(a) The Justice Department
(b) President Kennedy
(c) The CIA
(d) The Police Department
10. What does the judge charge the sheriff with?
(b) Breach of peace
(c) Drug possession
11. Which country's prime minister sends an official protest at the use of fire hoses?
12. Where is the SCLC convention?
(b) New York
13. What celebrity lends his name to a fundraiser in this chapter?
(a) Louis Armstrong
(b) Miles Davis
(c) Sammy Davis
(d) Dean Martin
14. What is Slater King's job?
15. Where do the Civil Rights leaders make their speeches in Washington?
(a) The Lincoln Memorial
(b) The Washington Memorial
(c) Outside the White House
(d) The Korean War Memorial
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the hitman share a mistress with?
2. Why did Hoover and Kennedy never get along?
3. What is C.B King's job?
4. What have the authorities closed in Birmingham?
5. Who does the Chamber of Congress President in Birmingham want to get rid of?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)