|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of King's lawyer?
(a) Paul Loretti
(b) James Evans
(c) Hunter Davis
(d) David Regan
2. Where is Seigenthaler when Kennedy calls him?
3. What kind of animal attacks Moses?
(a) A cougar
(b) A cat
(c) A bear
(d) A dog
4. What does Kennedy want the Freedom Riders to do?
(a) Take trains
(c) Sing the national anthem
(d) Carry guns
5. Who does Moses use his one phone call to call?
6. When does Kennedy sign the Civil Rights Racial Discrimination Bill?
(a) Easter Sunday
(b) New Year's Day
(c) Independence Day
7. What does a restaurant owner set off in Sam Block's face?
(a) A fire extinguisher
(b) A nail bomb
(c) A fire hose
(d) A petrol bomb
8. What does Annell Ponder teach?
9. What was Guy Carawan arrested for trying to enter?
(b) A church
(c) The White House
(d) A town hall
10. What does a monitor gun combine the power of?
(a) Tear gas and laughing gas
(b) Mustard gas and laughing gas
(c) Three hoses
(d) Mustard gas and two hoses
11. Where do the Civil Rights leaders make their speeches in Washington?
(a) The Lincoln Memorial
(b) Outside the White House
(c) The Korean War Memorial
(d) The Washington Memorial
12. What does Bull Connors fire at the church congregation?
(a) Ray guns
(b) Monitor guns
(c) Shot guns
(d) Fire guns
13. Where is the SCLC convention?
(b) New York
14. What is C.B King's job?
(d) Real estate broker
15. Who does King complain to about police brutality?
(a) The Justice Department
(b) The CIA
(c) President Kennedy
(d) The Police Department
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King reveal a habit of keeping?
2. What do Washington officials ban shops from selling before the march?
3. What newspaper was the reporter in the church in Mississippi from?
4. Where does King write his speech for the Washington march?
5. Why did the sheriff shoot a black man?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)